IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

Her registries are explosions of pink. I'm surprised that someone who is even considering "maybe 10 kids" would pick out so much pink baby gear. Then again, she's 20...

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Allie, but I do wish they would give her a more formal name in case she ever wants to use it. My aunt and uncle knew they wanted to name their daughter Ellie pretty early on, but they spent a long time selecting a more adult name for her legal name (they settled on Elizabeth). She almost NEVER goes by her full name, but there are circumstances where it is nice...such as accepting awards or graduations.

Allie, eh? I bet Alyssa has seen "The Notebook" and LOVED IT :p (though that character's name was short for Allison, her full name was rarely used)

Allie Jane Webster will have the same initials as her mother, Alyssa Joy Webster. Dunno if that was intentional or not. I hope it wasn't because it might set a precedent for naming all future daughters A___ J____ Webster and possibly all sons J___ (John's middle initial)____ Webster and the world doesn't need another mega family with Duggar style naming.

Ursula, I am sure that I saw Alyssa "like" someone's instagram photo that was about having to watch the Notebook every time it came on tv! It totally seems like an Alyssa movie.

I saw that too, I have to admit, I thought it was pretty funny. If I were them I'd be screwing with everyone, too. I hope the 'big news' is something really mundane that's going to disappoint everyone, but I'm betting they're teaming up to do some kind of film production, something like that. They're both into that stuff, I think.

I really hope the news is that Lawson and Jinger are courting. I was wondering why he's been spending so much time with the Duggars these days.

Please no, not Lawson and Jinger. Lawson's a country boy who loves his horses. Jinger needs someone who will carry her away to a city. Someone more like John Webster, in fact.

I don't understand this announcing not only your babies sex but also names before the birth. I know it's not just a fundy thing and I understand wanting to find out the sex yourself but I don't know why you would shout it out to the whole world. Josh and Anna announced the name Mackynzie at the baby shower. Zach and Whit announced Bradley almost as soon as they told us about the pregnancy. Now it's Alyssa and John and we've got Allie. What do you do when the baby is born? Ring everyone and say "Baby is here. You know all the other details." Maybe I'm just weird but I enjoyed saying "Hey, I've had my baby. It's a little boy and we've named him ..." It also means you avoid the embarrassment that comes from mistakes. My niece was identified as a boy and her parents told everyone and announced his/her name. Bit of a shock when she was born. They gave her the boy name anyway as they had got use to using it.

In my immediate circle lately I've seen a range from not finding out the sex prior to birth or picking out the name until after the baby is born

- to posting some gender reveal photo ( family all in pink or blu shirts or balloons etc), ultrasound pic with arrow pointing out the relevant parts and the name announcement - all at 18 weeks.

I prefer the former, personally. But I'm of a certain age, and didn't have ultrasounds with my kids, although it was becoming popular by the time my youngest was born. I liked the surprise.

I have seen more people waiting to find out the last couple of years. In my totally non-scientific sampling of "people I know who are having babies" .

A lot of people also ask for name suggestions on Facebook. I think that's interesting.

Lawson posted a video with Joesph with the hashtag bringing up bates, and said there would be big news. So maybe him and Joseph are courting :lol:

I just saw on tumblr a rumour tha joseph is attending clown college... I wonder...

Please no, not Lawson and Jinger. Lawson's a country boy who loves his horses. Jinger needs someone who will carry her away to a city. Someone more like John Webster, in fact.

Hmmm, I think you're right. But maybe a slow, country life with Lawson would teach her "contentment" (I'm sure Michelle would love that! :lol: )

I don't think Lawson is courting a Duggar. Why would Joseph be in the video?

Is Joseph any good at singing, or whatever instrument he learned at SOTDRT? Recording a song together? Also seems weird that Lawson would be the one doing the talking/announcing if it was something related to Joseph going to Clown College. My bet's on a song.

I might be the only one here who dislikes the name Allie. (But that's probably because people tend to shorten my own name to Aly and I absolutely hate it. That's the trouble with having an un pronouncable first name lol.) I think it's adorable for a child, but not necessarily for when thay child becomes a grown woman. Mind you, they are fundies and women are never really serious adults in their culture, but that's besides the point I suppose. Although I won't lie, when I think of a cute little Southern girl the name fits the picture in my head.

Hey, I have read on here several times about Gil's grifting, and specifically that Lawson lent him money. Where is that information from? Not the Grifting part but the part about Lawson lending money.

How old is Lawson? Is he old enough to have had enough money to loan to his parents?

And was it a loan, or more that a working kid is expected to contribute some of their money to the household? I mean if Lawson is an adult, living at home and making his own money, I guess I don't see an issue with him paying a small "rent" to live at home. But if he actually had to loan his mom and dad money, that feels differently to me

Information about the loans comes from Gil and Lawson in tv interviews and the Duggar show.

Lawson started mowing lawns at 14, works with his father cutting trees and is now about 22. I have always taken it that Gil's workload is variable and he basically uses Lawson like a credit card; borrowing to fill in gaps and repaying when he has plenty of work and therefore, income. Lawson also paid for Erin's college tuition and Zach's campaign fees.

I don't see anything wrong with a young working adult contributing to the cost of running a household. I don't even see a problem with a parent taking out a loan from their child. When the car rego is due, the electricity, phone and rent must be paid and the fridge blows up, I prefer to take out a loan from my son than put it in my credit card. I repay him with a higher interest rate than the bank so we both benefit.

I don't even mind Lawson helping Erin. I would help my brother if he needed money for uni and I had plenty to spare.

I'm not do sure about helping Zach. Zach was already working himself and, as far as we know, not lending money to Gil. Why wasn't he able to pay his own campaign costs? If he couldn't afford it, why not wait and save up and run in the next election? Personal opinion only, of course.

:naughty:

Information about the loans comes from Gil and Lawson in tv interviews and the Duggar show.

Lawson started mowing lawns at 14, works with his father cutting trees and is now about 22. I have always taken it that Gil's workload is variable and he basically uses Lawson like a credit card; borrowing to fill in gaps and repaying when he has plenty of work and therefore, income. Lawson also paid for Erin's college tuition and Zach's campaign fees.

I don't see anything wrong with a young working adult contributing to the cost of running a household. I don't even see a problem with a parent taking out a loan from their child. When the car rego is due, the electricity, phone and rent must be paid and the fridge blows up, I prefer to take out a loan from my son than put it in my credit card. I repay him with a higher interest rate than the bank so we both benefit.

I don't even mind Lawson helping Erin. I would help my brother if he needed money for uni and I had plenty to spare.

I'm not do sure about helping Zach. Zach was already working himself and, as far as we know, not lending money to Gil. Why wasn't he able to pay his own campaign costs? If he couldn't afford it, why not wait and save up and run in the next election? Personal opinion only, of course.

I agree, I don't think there is anything wrong with young adults contributing to household expenses. The thing with Zach is kind of weird - but it could have just been a case where he had other unexpected expenses and needed a loan til payday. A loan can cover such a huge range - from parents who are " borrowing" all their kids money, all the time, with no intention of ever paying it back. To your example where you borrow for a particular reason and pay it back with interest. To the casual " hey can you spot me $40 for this thing I want to buy, I forgot my debit card, I'll pay it back tomorrow."

Personally, I tend not to loan money to my adult kids - but I'll gladly give them some if they need it and I have it. There have been a few times where it's a fairly significant amount, and I'll do that as a loan -- because I do need it back. The times I've borrowed from my kids it becomes my number one payment priority.

As far as loans with other relatives -- always been a nightmare.

I predict little Alli Jane Webster will be photographed in a non-wholesome wear swimsuit before she's 2 years old. And momma, too!

Lawson actually posted a follow-up on his Twitter - it has something to do with music. He's probably releasing another C.D. or music video.

Erin may be pregnant, but it would be kind of weird for Lawson and Joseph Duggar to tease the announcement, haha.

Another pants picture. It actually looks like leggings to me which are skin tight. This girl couldn't ditch the skirts fast enough :cracking-up:

One pair of leggings and one pair of jeans out of dozens and dozens of photos ? Yeah, that's not exactly ditching. The Websters are still ATI/iblp to the core.

Are they Quiverfucked though? The Websters Senior have "only" six children, which is a crapload of children in normal society but seems like nothing compared to most of the families talked about on this board (how sad is THAT?). Plus their six kids seem to have been spaced out in far longer intervals than most of these families too. Though maybe I'm only thinking that because John just turned 25 and he has a couple of brothers that look like they're pushing 40. Taliban Dan is 65 so his oldest being 40/very close to 40 is definitely possible.

Alyssa posted this family photo on December 25th which appears to show the entire Webster clan so far. None of the married Webster children appear to be leaving their fertility up to god (well, jury is still out on John and Alyssa, the not yet married Tori Webster and the Webster son who married Got-Hard's niece) but the other families appear to have mostly teen/tweenage kids and one kindergartener or first grader as the youngest grandchild before Got-Hard's niece gave birth. Eh, sure, the other married kids could be experiencing secondary infertility but I think it's much more likely that it's "secondary infertility...in the form of hormonal birth control, IUDs or at the very least, condoms".

So while they'll still probably always be part of a super shitty organization, at the very least there is hope that maybe, just maybe, after popping out two or three kids in quick succession, Alyssa's baby train may stop with her and John telling their parents "gee, I don't know why we're not getting pregnant anymore *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE to each other*".

And, Alyssa's most recent picture today shows her in a completely sleeveless top. I'd say it's about one inch of strap thickness away from being a tank top even.

I think people just want to hope the best for these kids as they get out from under their parent's "authority" and live their own lives. But you know, even if they all leave Got-Hard's horrible organization in the next few years, ALL of them will still be homophobic, anti-choice, woman hating, literal bible believing extremely conservative Christians, and the only thing better about that is there will be less of them because some form of birth control was used.

Not sure if they are quiver full. Maybe they are exempt because of the political career! I also have no idea when they embraced gothard. Maybe too late for the quiver to fll. I didn't know about the niece! Juicy!

Also, have some of the older sons left fundie hood? We'd never know with the Websters because of the image.

I don't think the news is that Erin is pregnant. If she is, they will wait at least 30 weeks to announce, given her history and the risks involved in her being pregnant. I agree with the song/CD assertion. I bet that's it.

With the show, Lawson would be stupid not to release a cd. It is actually perfect timing.

For the doubters: jeans and no sleeves.

Kelly has said time and time again she does not mind if her girls decided to wear pants but her requirement for sleeves stands.

With that said, Alyssa would no doubt wear skirts and sleeves when she's home with her parents. But when she's not - GO ALYSSA, GO!

post-6504-14451999875906_thumb.jpg

I bet by the summer she'll ditch the camisole too. GOOD JOB, ALYSSA!

Now we just need her and John ditch Got-hard, send their daughter to public school, still remain against abortion FOR THEMSELVES but not judge or try to stop other women's choices, realize that other people's marriages don't affect theirs even if said other people are man/man, woman/woman and slowly and gently influence her younger siblings that that new way of living can still be just as Christian and Jesus loving too. I'm probably hoping for too much but a lot can change in a few years time!

Archived