IGNORED

Ken Alexander reflects on his time at FJ:

Here is what Ken posted right here on Free Jinger about his views on force feeding young children:

from here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21209&start=280

I had a kid who was a puker. If he cried, he puked. If he ate too fast, he puked. If he got hurt, he puked. Basically, any time things were not entirely right with the world, he puked. I can guarantee that if I'd have tried to shovel food into his mouth WHILE he was crying, I'd have gotten exactly what I deserved. It'd've been gross, but it would have also been very well deserved.

(The doctor never did find anything wrong with him, and he's since outgrown it.)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing weirder than being upset about the lack of potatoes - like it's so difficult to ask for "vegetable soup, and please make sure there's potatoes in it!" - is to turn the post into some rant about Satan and how Jeebus doesn't like people who are sad and how we should all be content with not getting anything we want and being in pain because Heaven.

I'd say she's "crazy" but I really do think she has a legitimate mental issue.

The only thing weirder than being upset about the lack of potatoes - like it's so difficult to ask for "vegetable soup, and please make sure there's potatoes in it!" - is to turn the post into some rant about Satan and how Jeebus doesn't like people who are sad and how we should all be content with not getting anything we want and being in pain because Heaven.

Yeah, and about the vegetable soup... like, it's totally possible she might assume there would be potatoes in veggie soup and then be disappointed to get soup without potatoes. We all make silly assumptions/expect people to read our minds sometimes. The normal reaction should be to say, "This is the expectation I had, and it's really silly because I didn't tell you that. When you go out next, would you mind picking up some potatoes? I've been craving them."

Gosh, we are discussing Lori's potato craving from two years ago. :wtf: is wrong with us?

Narcissistic personality disorder, imo.

(And now "I'm the clever one. You're the potato one," is running through my mind.)

Do we know anything about this Brad guy that's been commenting the past few days?

How can stuffed dog hanging from a bathroom ceiling use a computer? ;)

Wait, what?

This is a reference to a woman named Emily who lived with her ever growing bunch of kids and her pretty much illiterate husband in a tiny apartment that was absolutely disgusting, on hardly any food. Her toddler slept on a pee soaked mattress under the baby's crib, with shelves of heavy things hanging right over it. In the bathroom there was a mouldy stuffed toy dog, which she named Brad.

Wait, what?

Oh, Jerkit, now I will have guilt about sending you down the deepest rabbit hole. If you have not yet read about Emily and Dan and the Under1000 blog, here you go:

viewforum.php?f=92

Brad was the huge stuffed dog that hung from their bathroom ceiling - there was a picture, but I can't find it now.

Oh, Jerkit, now I will have guilt about sending you down the deepest rabbit hole. If you have not yet read about Emily and Dan and the Under1000 blog, here you go:

viewforum.php?f=92

Brad was the huge stuffed dog that hung from their bathroom ceiling - there was a picture, but I can't find it now.

See you next June!

See you next June!

We will send the FJ ferrets in with food and water if you aren't back in a reasonable amount of time!

We will send the FJ ferrets in with food and water if you aren't back in a reasonable amount of time!

Are these the magic penis ferrets because we should warn her in advance if they are. :ferret:

I think Emily took the picture of Brad down. :( Her bathroom of death with the giant stuffed animal was something to see.

Are these the magic penis ferrets because we should warn her in advance if they are. :ferret:

I think Emily took the picture of Brad down. :( Her bathroom of death with the giant stuffed animal was something to see.

Sadly, they are not orange mystical penis ferrets :( Why oh why didn't I put *that* on the mascot list? *goes off to grumble in the corner*

Have a welcome ferret instead

post-132-14451999313021_thumb.jpg

I always forget the mystical penis ferrets are orange.

Maybe that is how you tell the mystical penis ferrets from the regular penis ferrets?

Maybe that is how you tell the mystical penis ferrets from the regular penis ferrets?

Is this related to the orange penis elephants? :D

Now that I've read Koala's posts in this thread, I am absolutely convinced Ken and Lori tag teamed us.

viewforum.php?f=92

Hee Hee! When you finally come up for air, check out Gizmola's brilliant and hysterical parody site. I laughed until I cried :dance:

Under 1000 Brain Cells

Snippet of one of Ken's responses on the blog

My appeal would be to recognize that at least our family, and probably many others like the Duggars, and Aman's family, are all highly intelligent people who are familiar with the world and its ways, yet have chosen to do as Jesus commands us to do and "be in the world, but not part of the world" and its system of thinking. You must leave room for those who teach a reasonable form of teaching on wifely submission and child discipline, and recognize that we may be able to reach the targets you so much fear with an appeal to be reasonable in their faith.

I will say that Ken seems more intelligent than Lori. The Duggars aren't highly intelligent. Both Boob and Mullet have said plenty of stupid things over the years and there kids are still very sheltered on many things. Many of Mullet's Parentables articles are extremely stupid. I do give Boob some credit for being smart about money, but he is an idiot about other things.

As for Ken and Lori, both are idiots about many things. Some of Ken's posts here were weird. Lori has proven herself to be a complete idiot on many historical and practical things. She did a post in which she said that women weren't being raped or murdered during the WWII era. She has done several posts related to the topics of working women and she showed what an idiot she was. She bitched about moms with young children working as nurses. Idiot Lori doesn't realize that there would be bigger shortages of nurses without working moms. We all know she probably hates female doctors too.

On the topic of supporting families, Lori has given out some stupid advice there. Her post about churches supposedly supporting widows is total bullshit. Now many churches do have assistance programs, but there are usually time and money limits for those programs. There is no way churches even megachurches are going to support widows for years. She has bashed women who are or were on welfare. Not everyone has upper middle class parents to turn to like Lori does.

One of the (many) things that bugs the crapola out of me about Lori is her insistence that families can get buy on one income if they don't want 'extras' and 'toys'. It's like she's willfully ignorant to the fact that some people have both parents work to do provide the very basics--food, shelter, clothing, healthcare. This isn't a matter of having disposable income, it's a matter of working so kids have food in their bellies and a roof over her head. Her posts all come from a place of privilege, with no attempt to understand that not everyone is as lucky in finding a sugar daddy as she's been.

One of the (many) things that bugs the crapola out of me about Lori is her insistence that families can get buy on one income if they don't want 'extras' and 'toys'. It's like she's willfully ignorant to the fact that some people have both parents work to do provide the very basics--food, shelter, clothing, healthcare. This isn't a matter of having disposable income, it's a matter of working so kids have food in their bellies and a roof over her head. Her posts all come from a place of privilege, with no attempt to understand that not everyone is as lucky in finding a sugar daddy as she's been.

Yeah, that bothers me, too. My fiancé makes a pretty decent salary (his take-home pay each month is over twice what it would be on minimum wage), and while I've been in uni it's been enough to keep us in our 600 sq ft flat with our will-it-or-won't-it-pass-its-MOT* car, and, yes, the occasional extra. However, that's because we don't have kids. If we did, we'd need a bigger house, which would cost more, plus more food and car seats and clothes that are grown out of the minute you put them on (unlike us, kids can't wear the same clothes they wore five years ago), and even on the most stringent budget we wouldn't manage that on DF's income.

*For non-Brits: An MOT is a test done every year on cars to ensure they're roadworthy.

I think she knows that deep down, which is why she turned over a new submissive leaf when Ken threatened to leave her after the kids were grown. She may have been able to get alimony, but that's usually temporary, so more than likely she would have to *whispers* work. We can't have that, can we?

Snippet of one of Ken's responses on the blog

I will say that Ken seems more intelligent than Lori. The Duggars aren't highly intelligent. Both Boob and Mullet have said plenty of stupid things over the years and there kids are still very sheltered on many things. Many of Mullet's Parentables articles are extremely stupid. I do give Boob some credit for being smart about money, but he is an idiot about other things.

As for Ken and Lori, both are idiots about many things. Some of Ken's posts here were weird. Lori has proven herself to be a complete idiot on many historical and practical things. She did a post in which she said that women weren't being raped or murdered during the WWII era. She has done several posts related to the topics of working women and she showed what an idiot she was. She bitched about moms with young children working as nurses. Idiot Lori doesn't realize that there would be bigger shortages of nurses without working moms. We all know she probably hates female doctors too.

On the topic of supporting families, Lori has given out some stupid advice there. Her post about churches supposedly supporting widows is total bullshit. Now many churches do have assistance programs, but there are usually time and money limits for those programs. There is no way churches even megachurches are going to support widows for years. She has bashed women who are or were on welfare. Not everyone has upper middle class parents to turn to like Lori does.

So, Ken is asking for tolerance and acceptance? Do I have that right? When his wife offers no such tolerance for others? Many women write blogs without being hateful to other women. Lori doesn't just write from a standpoint of "here's what works for us," or "this is how I interpret scripture." No, she openly disdains others who don't live like she does. Working women, non-submissive women, women who don't keep their homes as clean as she does, parents who don't spank, overweight people. She even disparages our WWII generation! The list is endless - this list of people to whom Lori offers absolutely NO tolerance or "freedom" to live as they wish.

So, Ken is asking for tolerance and acceptance? Do I have that right? When his wife offers no such tolerance for others? Many women write blogs without being hateful to other women. Lori doesn't just write from a standpoint of "here's what works for us," or "this is how I interpret scripture." No, she openly disdains others who don't live like she does. Working women, non-submissive women, women who don't keep their homes as clean as she does, parents who don't spank, overweight people. She even disparages our WWII generation! The list is endless - this list of people to whom Lori offers absolutely NO tolerance or "freedom" to live as they wish.

Agreed. As a Christian, my biggest problem with fellow Christians is the attitude that says, "My biblical interpretation is correct. Therefore, yours must be wrong." If Lori's approach was one of humility -- even if I didn't disagree with what she teaches (and I don't agree with much of it) -- I wouldn't be critical of her blog because we all have different approaches to life. It's this, "I'm a better Christian than you are and I'm going to show you how to be like me" attitude that angers me because I've gathered from some of the women commenting that she's making them feel guilty or hopeless.

I agree Lori comes from a place of privilege and I also suspect that she doesn't know many families that are struggling. She is very naive too. According to various posts on the blog, Lori hasn't worked for most of her married life and Ken's business seems to do well. I'm not begrudging Ken for doing well. But Lori needs to realize that many families can't survive on one income. She never takes into account factors such as high cost living areas, people trying to pay off education related debts, families with special needs children and other things that sometimes make it very hard for families to live on one income.

Lori has blogged about how some women work for extras and disposable income. Yes, that may be true for some. But Lori doesn't realize that many two income homes don't do some of things Lori's family does. For example, Lori and her family seem to go Hawaii yearly. They have also done other trips. I'm sure Lori can meet a lot of two income families who never go on trips like that because there is never extra money for traveling after bills and other expenses are paid. There are plenty of two income homes that don't have expensive electronics or new cars every few years.

Archived