IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

Just realized that Jana has GREAT calves. Holy crap, those things are well-defined!

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic I'm sure, but am I a complete asshole for leaving the TV on for cat & dog while I leave for a 12hr work day with the TV turned to TLC & the Duggars? I feel conflicted for some reason... lol :think:

But anyways, yes (!) Jana has amazing calves! How do these girls stay in shape though? Do they actually get time for exercise, or is running after children all day enough exercise in & of itself?

Off topic I'm sure, but am I a complete asshole for leaving the TV on for cat & dog while I leave for a 12hr work day with the TV turned to TLC & the Duggars? I feel conflicted for some reason... lol :think:

But anyways, yes (!) Jana has amazing calves! How do these girls stay in shape though? Do they actually get time for exercise, or is running after children all day enough exercise in & of itself?

Only be worried if your pets start evangelising to you and using terms like fellowship.

Are they spayed and neutered? We wouldn't want them to get ideas :lol:

Seriously, they're probably sitting there thinking "bitch, it took you 17 pregnancies to get the litter that I could have had in 4." Assuming your pets are as snarky as you are :D

Only be worried if your pets start evangelising to you and using terms like fellowship.

Do they have a chance to pee and poop during those 12 hours?

I was in really good shape when my kids were little, and when I worked in childcare. There is really a huge amount of activity and range of motion involved in running after little kids, getting down on their level, picking them up, carrying them around -- going up and down the stairs a zillion times and on and on. I know everyone's different, but I didn't start to gain weight until after they were all school age and I hit my thirties, and I definitely had a good ass and legs from all that running around.

Obviously a lot of other factors and genetics go into it, but I think many women do stay in good shape and get plenty of exercise " just" from childcare and housework. And Michele, except for being a little stooped, really does seem to be in incredibly good shape for her age and the incredible number of pregnancies she's had! I mean if you think about it, if she had kept an extra 5-10 pounds on every time she gave birth ( which I think is pretty normal).......

Nutrition has more impact than activity, and it's no secret that the J slaves limit their caloric intake.

I wouldn't be worried unless they (the dog and cat) started spouting off and demanding Animal Planet instead. You might want to keep the remote control out of reach of their paws.

Do they have a chance to pee and poop during those 12 hours?

Absolutely. My cat has her litter box and my dog goes to the park right before I leave, plus there's only really 3 - 3.5hrs between when I leave and boyfriend comes home.

I wouldn't be worried unless they (the dog and cat) started spouting off and demanding Animal Planet instead. You might want to keep the remote control out of reach of their paws.

Believe it or not, they actually seem to have a preference in tv shows. They both seem to enjoy say yes to the dress, as well as Maury and law and order svu: my cat meows in a demanding way at noon when Maury comes on. Maybe she likes the ridiculousness that is trading sex for chicken wings or whatever they're showing now lol. I never thought of animal planet, good idea.

When my cat was a kitten & the Duggars were on she used to run and hide behind the couch as soon As JChelle and Boob came on the screen. She'd come back once they were gone, but as soon as even a strand of Mullet appeared on the screen she'd be bookin it. :evil-eye: I always tell her, this is why I got you fixed! Lol

im Sorry, I could talk about my cat all day (I'm sure any pet owner could lol), didn't mean to derail things here.

Why can't J'Chelle and Boob give their own kids frontal hugs? Weird!

Only Gothard is allowed to give front hugs, to anyone. :dance:

Why can't J'Chelle and Boob give their own kids frontal hugs? Weird!

Yeah! How the hell would that be "defrauding"? That's your children!

But didn't Jinger (or one of the girls?) give Joseph (?) a front hug at the Alert camp? How would a front hug between siblings be allowed but not parents?

What a fucked up religion this is... :roll:

Believe it or not, they actually seem to have a preference in tv shows. They both seem to enjoy say yes to the dress, as well as Maury and law and order svu: my cat meows in a demanding way at noon when Maury comes on. Maybe she likes the ridiculousness that is trading sex for chicken wings or whatever they're showing now lol. I never thought of animal planet, good idea.

When my cat was a kitten & the Duggars were on she used to run and hide behind the couch as soon As JChelle and Boob came on the screen. She'd come back once they were gone, but as soon as even a strand of Mullet appeared on the screen she'd be bookin it. :evil-eye: I always tell her, this is why I got you fixed! Lol

im Sorry, I could talk about my cat all day (I'm sure any pet owner could lol), didn't mean to derail things here.

Which just goes to prove your fur babies are smarter then Boob and JChelle. I love animals but I can't have a cat in my apartment. My imagining kitty's reaction really made me laugh.

Absolutely. My cat has her litter box and my dog goes to the park right before I leave, plus there's only really 3 - 3.5hrs between when I leave and boyfriend comes home.

Thanks for being civil. I was a bit hesitant to ask, but I know that some folks overestimate bladder time. And some people have pad trained their canines.

I'm pretty sure in one episode, I saw Jimbob give one of the daughters, I think it was Jana, a regular hug. It was after his dad died, and she had made a memorial on the computer for him, JB cried a bit and hugged her.

I think the side hug thing is all for show on TV, I don't think it's actually practiced when nobody's around to catch it on video. Just like the whole driving thing, Jill has talked about getting a speeding ticket while out driving to a birth or something.

Years ago, back in the days of yore when VCRs were the best way to record movies on TV, my dad asked me to stay up late one night and record a horror movie that he wanted to see. Boy, was it a doozy. Heads going through blenders, andone character even mutated into some kinda ogre-zombie hybrid. My cat wandered over and hopped into my lap while the movie was taping. At one point, when the violence started to get really bad, he turned around and looked at me as if to say, "Do I have to watch this crap, too?" I told him, yep, if I have to wait for it to end so I can hit the stop button, then you have to stay right here with me. He turned his head back around and finished watching the film with me. The exact moment the credits rolled onscreen, he jumped off my lap.

I always laugh when I remember this story, but part of me also wonders if he genuinely understood me. :pink-shock:

Thanks for being civil. I was a bit hesitant to ask, but I know that some folks overestimate bladder time. And some people have pad trained their canines.

Or have a doggie door with a fenced yard.

Of course :) It's an honest question, and I probably should have specified in my original post. The dog is actually my MILs, and she overestimates everything, so since I work evenings/nights I make sure he's taken care of during the day while she's out. I know if I can't hold it that long, neither can he, so I definitely don't think it would be right to just leave him. Nor would I want to clean dried dog shit off my carpet :shrug:

I've never actually thought of pad training a dog that was larger than maybe 10lbs, and it kinda sounds a little gross to be honest, but to each their own I suppose. I have thought about a dog door/cat door however, but it'd have to wait til I bought my own property, and bf & I kinda want to move a little more East from the Coast into the country. I know he'd never let me have one because of risk of wild animals getting in - and he & I would never get our own dog unless we had a huge yard anyway. Plus my cat would beat the dog up :lol: haha

The cat I fostered over the summer really liked The X-Files. He had musical preferences too -- loved Debussy, hated The Smiths (meowed angrily until I turned it off). My parents' older cat loved cartoons and Animal Planet when he was a kitten.

More on topic: IIRC, the Duggars have some sort of elliptical or some sort of exercise equipment. Maybe the girls go to a women's only gym or something.

The cat I fostered over the summer really liked The X-Files. He had musical preferences too -- loved Debussy, hated The Smiths (meowed angrily until I turned it off). My parents' older cat loved cartoons and Animal Planet when he was a kitten.

More on topic: IIRC, the Duggars have some sort of elliptical or some sort of exercise equipment. Maybe the girls go to a women's only gym or something.

It amuses me to no end that your kitten hated Mullet. Her hair bothers me that much too. My/my parents' cats haven't shown any preference for a particular tv show yet. We tried to get them to watch Too Cute! Kittens, but they didn't seem interested.

Mo dog never seemed to react to dog or cat sounds on television, but one day I was watching a documentary where there were lots of birds chirping, and Oh My did she respond to that! I guess maybe the sound coming through the speakers of my cheapo little TV made it obvious to her that those weren't REAL dogs or cats in her space, but the bird sounds somehow seemed more realistic. Anyway, that was fun as she inspected all around the TV looking for where the birdies were hiding :lol:

TLC is showing the early Duggar specials. Dare I say that J'Chelle seemed normal back then? The fame has definitely gone to her head.

No wonder watching 19 Kids scares the hell out of the cats. They've seen what happens to the Duggar felines.

Archived