IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

That's awesome!! Where in KS are you? I'm a KU grad and have been snarking in Olathe since 2008. I am maybe 35 miles from the Maxwells? Eeeekkk! My husband and I went to The Nutcracker in Topeka about 10 years ago and WBC was protesting the freaking ballet, you know....because men in tights are ebil :roll: One of the founders sons is a leading atheist in Canada and he's really awesome. Super ashamed of all his family has done. Maybe Josiah will be the next president of Wisconsin's Freedom From Religion Foundation? :P

You are WAY to close to them :lol: I'm from/live in Wichita ;)

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome!! Where in KS are you? I'm a KU grad and have been snarking in Olathe since 2008. I am maybe 35 miles from the Maxwells? Eeeekkk! My husband and I went to The Nutcracker in Topeka about 10 years ago and WBC was protesting the freaking ballet, you know....because men in tights are ebil :roll: One of the founders sons is a leading atheist in Canada and he's really awesome. Super ashamed of all his family has done. Maybe Josiah will be the next president of Wisconsin's Freedom From Religion Foundation? :P

Howdy neighbor!! Well sorta, I'm in a weird spot where I'm about 50 miles from Topeka, Lawrence, and Olathe. We go to Topeka the most so it's the town I claim.

I don't know if anybody has mentoned this but jessa's Instagram post ticked me off.

instagram.com/p/sgYKPoDflQ/

Cause...apparently only bad things happened to good people ONCE and it was Jesus. It just sounds soooo insensitive to me.

The only difference between Jessa and BenBoob is that Jessa's dad usually doesn't let her post stuff like this because of ratings. She was probably standing over his shoulder smiling down at him when BenBoob posted the anti-Catholic tweets.

That rant by Jessa sounded scripted; and WAY more articulate than she normally is. Does she have an instagram ghost writer?

It looked like the sort of thing Ben would post. I wonder if he helped her write it.

It looked like the sort of thing Ben would post. I wonder if he helped her write it.

What else is the boy going to do with his time, when he's not kissing JB's ass? Jessa is becoming about as insufferable as her fiance. I think the two might just have a greater than 50% chance of making their marriage work, especially if they can continue living off Ma and Pa Duggar.

What else is the boy going to do with his time, when he's not kissing JB's ass? Jessa is becoming about as insufferable as her fiance. I think the two might just have a greater than 50% chance of making their marriage work, especially if they can continue living off Ma and Pa Duggar.

I thought the same thing when I saw it (that Ben wrote it instead of Jessa). Ben should have lots of free time. His actual "job" is to be there for the cameras while pretending to work on house/yard projects. I can't see Jim Bob hiring anyone to help with the house/yard when he has so many older kids living at home who are more than capable of doing those things, and have been doing them for so long anyway.

I don't think their marriage will ever "work", but I do think they will stay married and not divorce.

Funny thing about Ben is, when he speaks, he doesn't come across as the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but when he writes, he sounds a lot better. His writing isn't phenomenal, but his thoughts are still expressed in a better way compared to when he speaks.

Funny thing about Ben is, when he speaks, he doesn't come across as the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but when he writes, he sounds a lot better. His writing isn't phenomenal, but his thoughts are still expressed in a better way compared to when he speaks.

Maybe Ben has a ghost-writer? :lol:

I have to agree with other posters who think Ben wrote that for Jessa. There's just no way she came up with all of that. And the way it was written just screams Ben...

I don't think they'll ever divorce, but I can see them not working out. I can see them having one of those marriages where they seem all happy and in love for show, but have separate bed rooms and separate lives as much as they're able to. They're gonna need a big house like Jill & Derick so Jessa can have the top half, Ben the basement, and they can share a kitchen... :shrug:

I have to agree with other posters who think Ben wrote that for Jessa. There's just no way she came up with all of that. And the way it was written just screams Ben...

I don't think they'll ever divorce, but I can see them not working out. I can see them having one of those marriages where they seem all happy and in love for show, but have separate bed rooms and separate lives as much as they're able to. They're gonna need a big house like Jill & Derick so Jessa can have the top half, Ben the basement, and they can share a kitchen... :shrug:

Who would cook for him?

Who would cook for Ben? Jessa could leave her leftover burnt offerings.... :lol:

Who would cook for Ben? Jessa could leave her leftover burnt offerings.... :lol:

Either that or he can survive off of Hungry Man microwaveable meals, or use all those gift cards on the registry... :lol:

I'm pretty new to The Duggars. When I first started watching I took to jessa and the way she seemed to not just be a slave to it all and had some spunk. I even showed her to my modeling agency and said lets snatch her up and take her to the big city, haha! She could make some bank commercially with that smile!

I also must admit I had a bit of a crush on her. :P

Now I am starting to get the impression that she thinks ALOT of herself and is not so nice, especially to the little ones. Help me out here. What is her deal?

Jessa has spunk. She also, I believe, has a certain level of resentment for having to raise her younger siblings. The plus side of the show is that it has exposed the whole family to a whole new world. The downside of that is the older kids are realizing that not everyone had to raise their siblings. What it shock it had to be for Jessa to find out Ben's mom actually raised all of her kids and cooks. Hell, Jill's MIL not only raised her kids, she works outside of the home too. There has to be a lot of :o going on with those two girls with their new families.

I'm pretty new to The Duggars. When I first started watching I took to jessa and the way she seemed to not just be a slave to it all and had some spunk. I even showed her to my modeling agency and said lets snatch her up and take her to the big city, haha! She could make some bank commercially with that smile!

I also must admit I had a bit of a crush on her. :P

Now I am starting to get the impression that she thinks ALOT of herself and is not so nice, especially to the little ones. Help me out here. What is her deal?

I see Jessa as a girl who knows she's the pretty one and she plays on that. She says she wants a lot of kids when she marries but I have a feeling just by the way she is around the lost girls and howlers that she can't handle a bunch of kids. One or two sure but not a super sized family. That's fine but the Duggars views are dangerous they tell their kids that BC is evil that they don't have a choice in the size of family they have. Not everyone is meant to have kids or meant to have a big family but Duggars children don't get to make that decision and that is going to end up leading to trouble for the future generation.

I see Jessa as a girl who knows she's the pretty one and she plays on that. She says she wants a lot of kids when she marries but I have a feeling just by the way she is around the lost girls and howlers that she can't handle a bunch of kids. One or two sure but not a super sized family. That's fine but the Duggars views are dangerous they tell their kids that BC is evil that they don't have a choice in the size of family they have. Not everyone is meant to have kids or meant to have a big family but Duggars children don't get to make that decision and that is going to end up leading to trouble for the future generation.

I think she definitely knows that she is beautiful and loves being seen as the perfect fundi princess by fans, but is also realizing that all that attention doesn't feed your soul. She's not going to be content having bucketfuls of children and I don't think she is going to be content with Ben either. She reminds me of a lot of the Russian girls I meet while modeling, they come from such a repressed environment and then get the chance to travel and really experience life due to the job. They get to escape!

I think jessa resents her mother for having all those children and then forcing the girls to look after them and she also resents the children themselves. Of course she loves them, but she gets fed up and it comes across as being mean or cold. My older sister was similar with me.

You can tell that whenever Jessa experiences the real world she wants to come across as normal. Out of all of the girls she and Jinger are the girls I can see yearning for the life of a normal 20-something. Especially things like university and dating.

In trying not to hold the fact that she's chosen that moron Ben as her husband to be! I mean really?!

I started a new neighbourhood on The Sims 3 and just for fun I stuck Josh, Anna, and the M kids in there. I'm not playing their household but I get the little updates about them. One popped up that said, "It's 10:10 a.m., hopefully the office doesn't need Joshua Duggar today because he's nowhere to be found." :lol: They've had three more kids since being placed in the neighbourhood and apparently have decided to forgo the 'M' theme, because their names are Connie, Ricky, and Ahmad.

I started a new neighbourhood on The Sims 3 and just for fun I stuck Josh, Anna, and the M kids in there. I'm not playing their household but I get the little updates about them. One popped up that said, "It's 10:10 a.m., hopefully the office doesn't need Joshua Duggar today because he's nowhere to be found." :lol: They've had three more kids since being placed in the neighbourhood and apparently have decided to forgo the 'M' theme, because their names are Connie, Ricky, and Ahmad.

Someone made the TTH!! thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8261614

You can download it and make a Duggar family! Though I bet someone already made one and uploaded it to the Exchange.

Maybe on the wedding night Jessa will tell Ben no, not right now until I can find a way not to get pregnant. All it takes is a 2 second Google search. I hope Jessa gets her parents really listed off by wearing pants or going to work at the mall.

Maybe on the wedding night Jessa will tell Ben no, not right now until I can find a way not to get pregnant. All it takes is a 2 second Google search. I hope Jessa gets her parents really listed off by wearing pants or going to work at the mall.

Maybe Guinn will give Jessa a box of condoms and a couple pairs of slacks for a wedding present. :D

I wonder if the Seewalds are okay with birth control. I'm guessing Ben isn't because he's enjoying being an extremist too much at the moment (gotta love that youthful zeal - or not), but what about his parents? As far as I recall Guinn is only about 39 or 40, but their youngest child looks to be at least six or so.

I wonder if the Seewalds are okay with birth control. I'm guessing Ben isn't because he's enjoying being an extremist too much at the moment (gotta love that youthful zeal - or not), but what about his parents? As far as I recall Guinn is only about 39 or 40, but their youngest child looks to be at least six or so.

I'm guessing some sort of family planning has taken place in the Seewalds household. The kids seemed spaced out and Guinn appears to be done. It always possible for them to have more but at this point I believe it would be a shock to them.

Archived