IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

The Duggar kids do date. They just don't hold hands, kiss or have sex while they date. Courtship is a fancy word for dating.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's still listed on the FRC Action site.

It is still listed on his bio section when I go to his Twitter page.

And he is still retweeting things from FRC (or was a few days ago, back when he was more active).

Jessa posted that on her Jessa Seewald instagram earlier today. People identified the style of cooking as from the Paleo diet. And why drown chicken in olive oil? Pan cook with a little Pam if they're not using non-stick pans. There's too much fat and carbs on that plate, with NO veggies! Not healthy, and given that they think it is, Joy is actually dieting. NOT acceptable!

The older Duggar girls are verging on being UNDERweight. They need to concentrate on eating well-balanced meals, not limiting themselves to what's on that plate. And what's on that plate could be prepared in much healthier ways. Not that hard.

Doesn't Jana and Michelle belong to Weight Watchers? I thought at one time Michelle said she was a lifetime weight watcher. I,m with you on Joy not being on a diet. Michelle should know better than to let her eat unhealthy like she is. Weight Watchers would be just fine if Joy wanted to lose a few lbs but to go on something like the Paleo Diet - nada. She should be eating lots of fresh veggies and fruits and stay away from a lot of oils when cooking.

I know I heard at one point Jana was doing weight watchers, but I also know that weight watchers won't even let you sign up unless you're actually overweight. Jana has never appeared even close to being overweight... so I struggle to believe that she was ever officially in weight watchers. It's possible she was using the points system but not actually enrolled, I guess.

I know I heard at one point Jana was doing weight watchers, but I also know that weight watchers won't even let you sign up unless you're actually overweight. Jana has never appeared even close to being overweight... so I struggle to believe that she was ever officially in weight watchers. It's possible she was using the points system but not actually enrolled, I guess.

If I'm not mistaken, WW will accept anyone more than five pounds over their "healthy range". Jana might easily have fallen into that very broad range at any time.

If I'm not mistaken, WW will accept anyone more than five pounds over their "healthy range". Jana might easily have fallen into that very broad range at any time.

'Their' meaning Weight Watchers' healthy range, or the person's? All I know is that I tried to sign up a few years back and it wouldn't let me because my BMI was in the normal range. I can't imagine Jana, based on every photo or shot from TV I've seen of her, being even five pounds heavier than what she 'should be' on the BMI. According to the BMI I could weigh over 160 LBS and still not be considered overweight, but I would definitely look a lot heavier than Jana ever has if I weighed that much.

*I know the BMI is a flawed measurement, but it's my understanding that weight watchers uses it, or at least something very close.

Just saw on the Duggars Pickles and Hairspray facebook that Jana is with Josh and Anna in Indiana, at the fair, and they are filming. She is photographed with fans, but the site is speculating she is in Indiana because she is courting. That is where IBLP is and where she works often so she could have met someone!

10552599_616033838495429_8587264517331955256_n.png

I repeat, thats a fan.

10580050_616033891828757_7159747584871164215_n.jpg?oh=4f1a73e789edc7015effe8236d5eaadb&oe=546B9D3E&__gda__=1417547910_766c95863ec1f8ebc334e28db9c575c2

10616089_616034041828742_6653241719385111256_n.png?oh=76a9dffef4a637d3d2c1dfa034b2603b&oe=54611800&__gda__=1416638314_8885372b2b8a9c6154ed1acfcc82c7dd

10513433_616041891827957_3229482983554540296_n.png

Masiesspace is at the fair, too. She did not post she was with the Duggars. Josh did not post he was at the fair. I feel like they would not film them doing IBLP things so there has to be a different reason they are in Indiana.

'Their' meaning Weight Watchers' healthy range, or the person's? All I know is that I tried to sign up a few years back and it wouldn't let me because my BMI was in the normal range. I can't imagine Jana, based on every photo or shot from TV I've seen of her, being even five pounds heavier than what she 'should be' on the BMI. According to the BMI I could weigh over 160 LBS and still not be considered overweight, but I would definitely look a lot heavier than Jana ever has if I weighed that much.

*I know the BMI is a flawed measurement, but it's my understanding that weight watchers uses it, or at least something very close.

To my knowledge, this isn't still true. I signed up in 2011 and, while I wasn't happy with how I looked, I was not considered overweight by BMI or by my doctor. I'm still a member, actually and still not considered overweight. Maybe they changed the rules somewhere along the line?

They must have changed the rules, then, or else it was just for the online version? All I know is that when I tried to sign up around the same time Jana was rumoured to be doing it, it wouldn't let me because I wasn't overweight. Or maybe I just assumed it was because I was overweight but it was really because my BMI was in the middle of where it should be, or something.

Regardless, to me the idea that Jana was doing weight watchers as a teenager is concerning. Not because weight watchers is bad, but her environment (the Duggars' household) is ripe for producing disordered eating and body issues. I really think that something is wrong with Jinger, and I wouldn't say that lightly. She looks worse in every picture I see of her. She's stick thin, and she's self-tanning the point of insanity and appears exhausted. Jessa also looks very thin. And now Joy is participating in this restrictive diet with Jessa. Being on a reality show and having millions of eyes following them PLUS being consumed in this fundamentalist, repressive religion, puts them at greater risk for things like eating disorders.

I agree with the tanning but I definitely don't think that ANY Duggarling is "stick thin". They are all slim, but nowhere near alarmingly weight dropping. I think they are all in pretty good shape. Don't know why any of them would need WW though either.

Creeps me out that Jinger and Cooper Dauer totally look alike. They could be brother and sister imho.

I joined Weight Watchers when I was fourteen and not only was I barely overweight, but the "goal weight" their charts insisted that I have was less than 120 pounds. Which for someone who had already pretty much completed puberty (got period at nine), stopped growing, had a woman's figure and size D+ breasts was absolutely insane. I look at pictures from that time period and cannot believe how thin I was. I was just the size of a fully grown woman, not a teenager. Not to mention what it does to your self esteem when you think you need to lose maybe twenty five pounds and they tell you that it's more like seventy.

It was actually a fairly traumatic experience for me. I lost 20 pounds, then my body slowly reclaimed those pounds 1/4 or 1/2 a pound at a time, which they helpfully informed me each week when I weighed in. I had my first panic attack during a WW meeting and never went back.

I joined Weight Watchers when I was fourteen and not only was I barely overweight, but the "goal weight" their charts insisted that I have was less than 120 pounds. Which for someone who had already pretty much completed puberty (got period at nine), stopped growing, had a woman's figure and size D+ breasts was absolutely insane. I look at pictures from that time period and cannot believe how thin I was. I was just the size of a fully grown woman, not a teenager. Not to mention what it does to your self esteem when you think you need to lose maybe twenty five pounds and they tell you that it's more like seventy.

It was actually a fairly traumatic experience for me. I lost 20 pounds, then my body slowly reclaimed those pounds 1/4 or 1/2 a pound at a time, which they helpfully informed me each week when I weighed in. I had my first panic attack during a WW meeting and never went back.

Wow, that seems actually abusive, to me, that they would allow a young teen to join and put ridiculous expectations on weight loss. Horrible.

The pressure put on young girls to be super skinny BUT also have big boobs and a big butt are ridiculous. Very, very few girls or women have that body type naturally - and the ones who do are accused of doing something fake to get it!

Most of my daughters were very, very thin as children, teens and young adults. Of the ones who have kids, 2 of the 3 are still very thin. The younger ones still felt they should be thinner. The one who basically looks like a caricature of a " perfect" body -- complains she doesn't have enough of an ass.

The older ones seemed to have escaped that pervasive pressure - I think it used to be more confined to some social groups but seems to have spread, with social media, and 24/7 Internet access, to include ALL girls. It's really sad.

I was looking at the new promo they have out for their show and if you look at the 'still' of the entire family-Jana looks huge to me- like a size 14 easily.....then I come on here and see photos of her looking like a size 6....so perhaps it was the outfit she chose for the promo?

***I'm a size 16...so I'm not saying a size 14 is huge...but it's large for her.

I was looking at the new promo they have out for their show and if you look at the 'still' of the entire family-Jana looks huge to me- like a size 14 easily.....then I come on here and see photos of her looking like a size 6....so perhaps it was the outfit she chose for the promo?

***I'm a size 16...so I'm not saying a size 14 is huge...but it's large for her.

Can you give a link to the size 14 picture?

Here's WW's chart: weightwatchers.com/plan/pop/weightrange.aspx

I assume their "five pounds" stipulation is above the lower number, as I plugged in my height and gave a weight in between their two numbers and it was accepted. According to a friend of mine, her mother joined (in-person meetings) when she was just 10 lbs over their lower number.

Have you ever seen a woman wearing a loose fitting shirt before? Haha, I'm not snarking on you, but seriously, that's what it is - she's wearing a loose fitting shirt.

That's just the outfit for sure. Either a loose fitting shirt or the blocky colours that are making her look that way - probably both.

It's just the outfit, and the fact that Jana has always been a healthier weight than Jessa and Jinger are at the moment, and Jill has always been naturally very tall and thin. It makes Jana and Joy, who are both shorter and curvier, look bigger than they are when they are put beside their ultra thin sisters.

Archived