IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

I know the vast majority of conservative Christians, even the super conservative Focus on the Family types, are fine with birth control. Some of them aren't okay with hormonal birth control, but they accept family planning in general. I could see Josh Duggar going that route, but Anna would never go for it and I doubt he'd even suggest it unless he thought her health or sanity was at risk. I think Ben Seewald probably LOVES the idea of being quiverfull and having 20 kids. It would appeal to his zealotry.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben would be fine with 20 kids because he's not the one actually going through the developmental changes of pregnancy and giving birth. I think if he (and quite a few other men, for that matter) had to go through it once, it would be their only child.

I don't think Anna would ever agree to birth control, outside of breastfeeding, maybe. I think Josh would have to refuse sex in order to have to limit the number of blessings.

I could totally see Josh getting a vasectomy and not telling Anna. He's smug enough to justify it, and self-centred enough to not tell her.

So I made a copy of the TTH on my sims 3 game. I found some floor plans online and cross-referenced what we're shown on the show to try and get the size about right and everything- and I really want to know how the hell long it takes them to get from the bedrooms to, say, the front door.

Because in my Sims Duggar family (where Jessa was just born and I quit just as Boob and J'Chelle were about to go try for Jinger) it took J'Chelle half a Sim day to get from the master bedroom carrying Jill (who is still a toddler for like one more Sim day) to the pretty kitchen. It took Jana from 6AM sim time until about 9:30 AM sim time to get from the girls' room to the front door, but she also ran the whole way.

Ben would be fine with 20 kids because he's not the one actually going through the developmental changes of pregnancy and giving birth. I think if he (and quite a few other men, for that matter) had to go through it once, it would be their only child.

I don't think Anna would ever agree to birth control, outside of breastfeeding, maybe. I think Josh would have to refuse sex in order to have to limit the number of blessings.

Don't forget he'd be fine with it because he's just a kid himself, so he doesn't really know better yet. Both my parents wanted 6-8 kids before they had me, but stopped at 2 because I cried 24/7 for the first 9 months and my little brother was a terror. Granted, they're not even remotely Quiverfull, but clearly having a kid or two can change how many you end up wanting. I agree with you, if Bin were the one popping them out, he'd stop at one or two tops.

So I am wondering about something-

I just saw on my Twitter feed that an owner of a sports team is selling his part of the team because he sent a racist e-mail.

We all know about the Lakers (?) owner selling.

Phil Robertson was fired (then rehired) for the statements he made about homosexuals.

Paula Deen was fired for racist remarks.

Why didn't Michelle get called on the carpet for the robo call? Why isn't Ben getting called out for the anti-Catholic posts he made? WTH is protecting them from the fallout that these other faced?

We need an uprising!

So I made a copy of the TTH on my sims 3 game. I found some floor plans online and cross-referenced what we're shown on the show to try and get the size about right and everything- and I really want to know how the hell long it takes them to get from the bedrooms to, say, the front door.

Because in my Sims Duggar family (where Jessa was just born and I quit just as Boob and J'Chelle were about to go try for Jinger) it took J'Chelle half a Sim day to get from the master bedroom carrying Jill (who is still a toddler for like one more Sim day) to the pretty kitchen. It took Jana from 6AM sim time until about 9:30 AM sim time to get from the girls' room to the front door, but she also ran the whole way.

I don't have the patience to build a TTH, let alone one based on floor plans! Impressive. I wonder at what point J'Chelle Sim would have a break down.

I just saw on my Twitter feed that an owner of a sports team is selling his part of the team because he sent a racist e-mail.

Phil Robertson was fired (then rehired) for the statements he made about homosexuals.

Why didn't Michelle get called on the carpet for the robo call? Why isn't Ben getting called out for the anti-Catholic posts he made? WTH is protecting them from the fallout that these other faced?

We need an uprising!

I'm waiting for the NFL to require Dan Snyder to change the name of the Redskins.

I wish the Duggars would get called out more in mainstream media for their intolerance.

We need an uprising!

I think you mean the clippers and I think it all has to do with the station they are on. If they were in a higher traffic area like sports or more well known like Paula Dean they would be in trouble I really don't think most people care what TLC personality's say.

I made a Duggar family on sims before and J'chelle started the kitchen on fire four times shortly after Joy Anna was born in-game.

I don't think it'll take that long now that I've made a TTH in game, though. With it taking her roughly 8 hours when not pregnant to get from the kitchen to bed/bed to kitchen, I don't think she's going to tolerate Boob for very long, especially because it takes all of his energy to get up, eat breakfast, go to work, and then come back home and go to bed most days (made him a politician) and she's stuck with two toddlers currently as well as two children and Josh (also Anna, but that was more the product of a perfect random sim that I didn't want to waste). Once Josh and Anna age up I'm gonna force them to marry and move out into the town.

I'm guessing by then I'll be able to get Boob and J'chelle to actually get into the bedroom at the same time to try for the next kid.

I didn't get the outside to look like the TTH, but the colors are about right and the windows/doors look about right. The front porch doesn't have any covering. But it's really the inside that counts. I'll take some screencaps of the inside (decorated as best I could with the most Duggar-style items I had access to) and the sims, who I'm pretty proud of for how similar they look to the real Duggars.

Oh and in game Smuggar is just as smug as iRL Smuggar.

I just watched the episode where Michelle went to a fertility doctor and mentioned that she wanted to know the likelihood of her being able to 'catch' another baby, and I felt compelled to make this:

Untitled-3.png

First you catch 'em, then you train 'em!

I feel really certain that if Anna has not gotten pregnant post-wedding (and she might very well be - she actually waits to announce it even with the family) she will be in the very near future. Imagine the episodes in a future season revolving around having experienced mum Anna be preggers at the same time as her first-timer midwife sister-in-law. And the potential of a possible third by Christmas is icing on the cake for TLC. Josh knows they have to do Stuff or the eps in DC might dwindle and the Stony Brook House may be the Unit B production.

I feel really certain that if Anna has not gotten pregnant post-wedding (and she might very well be - she actually waits to announce it even with the family) she will be in the very near future. Imagine the episodes in a future season revolving around having experienced mum Anna be preggers at the same time as her first-timer midwife sister-in-law. And the potential of a possible third by Christmas is icing on the cake for TLC. Josh knows they have to do Stuff or the eps in DC might dwindle and the Stony Brook House may be the Unit B production.

I've started following Anna on Pinterest, gah FJ is such a bad influence on me :lol: , and I would say she is planning on having another one. Or she may know and is keeping it hush until later. I know several who thought/thinks that she may have been and is no longer. :cry:

I've started following Anna on Pinterest, gah FJ is such a bad influence on me :lol: , and I would say she is planning on having another one. Or she may know and is keeping it hush until later. I know several who thought/thinks that she may have been and is no longer. :cry:

What's her Pinterest name?

:pink-shock:

I play ts3. The house must be HUGE.

:pink-shock:

I play ts3. The house must be HUGE.

I made an awesome house for the Sisters Wives Family on Sims Freeplay ( not as awesome as real sims, but it's free and works on tablets) . It was pretty cool I had room for all 22 of them - and each mom had her own bed/ bathroom as far apart as possible from each other. :lol: I was pissed at them about being so whiney and demanding and wanting those huge Mc Mansions.

Don't forget he'd be fine with it because he's just a kid himself, so he doesn't really know better yet. Both my parents wanted 6-8 kids before they had me, but stopped at 2 because I cried 24/7 for the first 9 months and my little brother was a terror. Granted, they're not even remotely Quiverfull, but clearly having a kid or two can change how many you end up wanting. I agree with you, if Bin were the one popping them out, he'd stop at one or two tops.

totally agree! we wanted 5 and now i'd be horrified to find out a surprise blessing was on the way. It's kind of sad that dd won't have a sister and ds won't have a brother, but dd is such a strong-willed independent child that any other girl we'd have would be very difficult to not play favorites. She can make lifelong friends! i have friends that are closer than sisters so she'll be fine! And this way they won't ever feel left out of something! (So goes the justifications.) :lol: pregnancy is pretty hellish, for me anyway.

It *was* huge.

I had it built on the biggest available lot, and there were two open squares that passed for a 'yard' on either side of the house.

I say was because my save file corrupted and I tried seven times to re-open that family but it wouldn't do it :/

So I'm in the middle of rebuilding the TTH and making it a bit more like it really is. I suck at the outside stuff (like getting the roof to do things) so the outside's still really plain, but I've got the walls placed for the bottom floor so far.

The first one I made took me almost 2 hours to finish, so I've probably got another hour to go. I'm just really glad I didn't have to remake the whole family because Anna and Boob both happened almost completely on accident.

imgur.com/VvJdYtb

There's an outside view of what i had before the file corrupted. That's Boob coming out of the front door to pick up Jill, the toddler in the foreground.

That's looks like an amazing house weirdemmaline.

Maybe I'll make a Tinker Toy House for my Sims-- use the same basic footprint as the real one -- but completely redo the floorplan.

No to the toddler death trap stairs and hall! No 10 kids to a room! Parents and little kids on all downstairs----Big kids far away from the chaos , upstairs, with a nice, age appropriate living room of their own!

Yeah, that would be a fun project

Someone made the TTH!! thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8261614

You can download it and make a Duggar family! Though I bet someone already made one and uploaded it to the Exchange.

Damn it, now I have to buy The Sims. I haven't played it since college.

Maybe Guinn will give Jessa a box of condoms and a couple pairs of slacks for a wedding present. :D

I totally see Jessa with a closet full of designer jeans. Ben is going to make her wear daisy dukes to burn cook his food in.

Damn it, now I have to buy The Sims. I haven't played it since college.

THis makes me miss the Sims also....I used to play a lot, until the kids arrived, then, poof!

I think a lot of fundies (and maybe non-fundies) of the male persuasion are fine with tons of kids because hey, newborns are cute and fun and they don't do jack shit to take care of the kids. I mean, if I got to hold a cuddly newborn at 8am for a bit, then go off to the same job as always, then come home at 5pm and cuddle again, then hand the kid off to my wife who has made me dinner, then read my paper, do whatever and go to bed to sleep all night... I might have a ton of kids too. But if I was the mom who was up all night with a newborn, then took care of like 7 kids all day while my husband did nothing to help (other than his office job or whatever)... I might figure out some kind of birth control.

so last night I watched the Duggar hair tutorial on the official duggar blog and I have to say they do not do a good job. Erin Bates is great at doing tutorials Jessa and Jill not so much.

Archived