IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

I would love too learn how to play Duggar Sims, but do you have to have graphic artist computer skills? Sorry to be so ignorant about it...but new to the whole SIMS thing.

Thanks for any Sims advice in advance.

Missy

Nope you don't need any special computer skills, you just need to know how to use a computer! Sims is a game you can buy at Walmart, Best Buy or online. Sims 4 just came out this month, but Sims 3 is cheaper and SIms 2 is even cheaper. You buy a game, create a married couple, a single individual, or you can create a ready made family with children. You design their clothes, hair, facial features, skin color, etc. Then you are given a budget of a certain amount of money and you buy a house and you manager your little family. Or you can build your own house, design it and furnish it but I don't have patience for that. **There are cheats that you can search for online to use so that your sims have unlimited money, more energy, etc**. One or both of the parents can get a job. Newborns grow into toddlers, which grow into children and teens (they go to school daily). Then your kids become adults, and eventually they become elders and die. Your Sims need to cook, clean the house, change diapers, etc. SIms have free will but you can control them as well.

Unfortunately there is a limit on the number of family members in one househould, but if you want, you can make a separate DUGGAR neighborhood. You can have JB and Michelle with 6 kids in one giant house, J & A with 3 kids, next door, Jill and Derick in one big house, and Ben and Jessa in a small house, and Grandma can take the remaining kids. When Michelle inevitably gets overwhelmed with raising children you can (use the $50,000 cheat) and hire a nanny or call one of her daughters over to help. There are also cheats which force your sims to have twins over and over. You make your sims have sex to get pregnant. It's interesting. I suggest creating ready made families, because it takes too long to build a friendship, then a relationship, then engagement and then marriage. Sometimes, 2 Sims just don't like each other and it's a waste of time. Just start off with married couples.

I agree we need a SIMS thread on FJ!!

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok this is driving me crazy! How does jesse and jill, well all of them really, think they can afford all these kids! I have a daughter around the same age, who is in college, and she is no where near ready to afford rent and car payments let alone kids! Jill already pregnant and yes luckily, derick has a real job, but they want tons of kids. On a one parent income?? Jesse and Ben can not be in a financial state to take care of themselves, let alone a kid (not plural). I am sure many of us on this board could say "I would've had more kids but I cant afford it". Why do we never hear this from any of the duggars! I want to hear just one of them say "we would like a child when we can afford it"!! Geez!

Ok rant is over!

Because they think more warm bodies = arrows for God (quiverfull) and that the kids will magically choose to follow the parents' footsteps -- which usually doesn't happen. :lol: And most quiverfulls like the Duggars think the usual expenses of children: for example health care, will be paid for by the church or other faithful families (Samaritan Ministries), that college is an evil place, sports or other expensive hobbies are unnecessary, and their herd of kids can be the kids' social group, so that knocks out paying for trips anywhere. Totally insular, totally delusional. Totally cheap way to collect kids. :angry-banghead:

Okay I just took a buzzfeed quiz titled how many kids will you have. I got six plus and the picture that came with that answer was one of the Duggars I'm now officially scared. No way that's happening :naughty:

Okay I just took a buzzfeed quiz titled how many kids will you have. I got six plus and the picture that came with that answer was one of the Duggars I'm now officially scared. No way that's happening :naughty:

I hate to tell you, but buzzfeed quizzes are always correct. Better start saving up now for those six.

It's their religion, if you try to find logical explanations for everything, that's just not going to work. They believe that G-d will provide. One fundy mom said "I'd rather have kids with no shoes than have shoes with no kids.", so that sums up their attitude pretty well.

That is one of the most selfish things I've ever heard. That lady is basically saying "I'd rather live far beyond my means and cavalierly let my children suffer through a deprived existence that could put their health in jeopardy than not have 80 billion kids." I feel like a lot of fundies see children as collectible dolls rather than as flesh-and-blood people with needs and personalities.

That is one of the most selfish things I've ever heard. That lady is basically saying "I'd rather live far beyond my means and cavalierly let my children suffer through a deprived existence that could put their health in jeopardy than not have 80 billion kids." I feel like a lot of fundies see children as collectible dolls rather than as flesh-and-blood people with needs and personalities.

If her only choices were to either have eleven kids and not be able to buy shoes for all of them, or have no kids at all, then I'm not sure I'd call it selfish to go ahead and have eleven kids. I do think it's wrong though to have eleven that you can't support instead of two or even six that you could support. Of course a doctor's wife could have eleven kids reasonably thinking she could support them all, then he gambles away all of the money, becomes a hobo, and divorces her, so I try not to judge.

I love the idea of a Duggar neighborhood in Sims 3! I was wondering how to get around the limit on the number of people per house, but the neighborhood would work. Which town would you move your Duggar Sims into? I am thinking one of the vanilla towns like Pleasant Valley. They wouldn't survive the Late Night expansion pack or the town with all the dragons. Although watching Duggars get bitten by vampires does have a certain unholy appeal. :nenner:

I love the idea of a Duggar neighborhood in Sims 3! I was wondering how to get around the limit on the number of people per house, but the neighborhood would work. Which town would you move your Duggar Sims into? I am thinking one of the vanilla towns like Pleasant Valley. They wouldn't survive the Late Night expansion pack or the town with all the dragons. Although watching Duggars get bitten by vampires does have a certain unholy appeal. :nenner:

There's also Sims Freeplay, if you use a tablet. It's a different set up than other Sims, but it's great for home design..plus it's free.

There are also mods/hacks you can download which allow you to have more than 8 sims per house. I had one in The Sims 2 and I could jam as many people into one house as I wanted. I haven't been really into The Sims for a long time now, though, so unfortunately I couldn't tell you where or how to find these mods, but some googling should bring them up.

I would love too learn how to play Duggar Sims, but do you have to have graphic artist computer skills? Sorry to be so ignorant about it...but new to the whole SIMS thing.

Thanks for any Sims advice in advance.

Missy

You don't need graphic art skills at all. But to have the entire family as the Duggar's are, you'll need mods and hacks to have more than 8 people in the house. I honestly don't recommend doing it unless you have a really good system because the more people you pack in with the mods, the more laggy and taxing the save gets. I'm guessing just play them from the beginning and move them out regularly as they grow up.

There are also mods/hacks you can download which allow you to have more than 8 sims per house. I had one in The Sims 2 and I could jam as many people into one house as I wanted. I haven't been really into The Sims for a long time now, though, so unfortunately I couldn't tell you where or how to find these mods, but some googling should bring them up.

They are nraas mods. There are TONS of them. But you need two to have more than 8 people in a household. I think it's either nraas Master Controller or nraas Story progression. ANd then for sure you also need nraas Portrait Panel so you can click on them to control them.

My game is full of nraas mods and they are well trusted and run well but you have to pick the right mod for your patch level for it to work right. And I always caution people to be careful. Depending on your system, running a household with 21 people in it might just be too taxing.

Here is a serious question

In the episode where they had all the Seewalds and The Dillards over - and they were so happy to see Dan Dillard - and so welcoming - is that fake or do they really have that many people over constantly - and really like having more guests than any other family, also when Ben had his first dinner with those Hartonono's at the house - do they entertain so much that they need guest houses, does anyone know if a) they are that real b) do they have tons of friends besides the Bates?

Here is a serious question

In the episode where they had all the Seewalds and The Dillards over - and they were so happy to see Dan Dillard - and so welcoming - is that fake or do they really have that many people over constantly - and really like having more guests than any other family, also when Ben had his first dinner with those Hartonono's at the house - do they entertain so much that they need guest houses, does anyone know if a) they are that real b) do they have tons of friends besides the Bates?

Are they really that happy I have no idea. Do they really have that many guests. I would say yes. Josh and Anna stay at the guest house when they are there the Hartonon's have stayed several times. a family stayed there during Jill's wedding. and the Duggars do know more big family's how much they see them I don't know but I remember the one family with 21 kids. They seem to pop up from time to time. At least this way when a big family comes over the boys won't get kicked out of their room and into the bus anymore.

First time poster, long time lurker here.

I just finished watching the seasons when Josie was born. I am a former OB and Nursery Nurse so the episodes were interesting to me.

But what really struck me was poor little Jordyn. She essentially lost her mother all of those months. She was so little still, at that point and she really just seemed to have lost that part of her babyhood.

I do have a couple of questions. I have read on here about Anna's deliveries, but I have yet to find those episodes. Can anyone direct me to those episodes. Being a past Labor and delivery nurse, I am just curious, especially after I read about them on here. It sounds like she wasn't really emotionally prepared for her experiences, which is such a shame.

Thank you.

First time poster, long time lurker here.

I just finished watching the seasons when Josie was born. I am a former OB and Nursery Nurse so the episodes were interesting to me.

But what really struck me was poor little Jordyn. She essentially lost her mother all of those months. She was so little still, at that point and she really just seemed to have lost that part of her babyhood.

I do have a couple of questions. I have read on here about Anna's deliveries, but I have yet to find those episodes. Can anyone direct me to those episodes. Being a past Labor and delivery nurse, I am just curious, especially after I read about them on here. It sounds like she wasn't really emotionally prepared for her experiences, which is such a shame.

Thank you.

The first two Kenzie and Micheal are on netflix. they are under season 10. but watch it before they go off on the 26 if you go that route. I think Marcus's may be on youtube.

Thanks. I wonder why it is season 10 as I am watching season 5 now, and Kenzie is already born.

I still can't get over how neglected little Jordyn has been since Josie's birth.

I have enjoyed this website. Looking forward to poking around in here some more.

Thanks. I wonder why it is season 10 as I am watching season 5 now, and Kenzie is already born.

I still can't get over how neglected little Jordyn has been since Josie's birth.

I have enjoyed this website. Looking forward to poking around in here some more.

Season 10 is all the special episodes. Josh's wedding the travel episodes Kenzie's first birthday and the granduggar births.

I should give one of my Duggarlings a dragon and make another a witch...

They are nraas mods. There are TONS of them. But you need two to have more than 8 people in a household. I think it's either nraas Master Controller or nraas Story progression. ANd then for sure you also need nraas Portrait Panel so you can click on them to control them.

My game is full of nraas mods and they are well trusted and run well but you have to pick the right mod for your patch level for it to work right. And I always caution people to be careful. Depending on your system, running a household with 21 people in it might just be too taxing.

That is hilarious that the Duggar family is so big that even in a virtual world they'll crash a system.

You don't need graphic art skills at all. But to have the entire family as the Duggar's are, you'll need mods and hacks to have more than 8 people in the house. I honestly don't recommend doing it unless you have a really good system because the more people you pack in with the mods, the more laggy and taxing the save gets. I'm guessing just play them from the beginning and move them out regularly as they grow up.

I think its hilarious that a game won't allow them to keep their children as adults but they keep them under one roof in real life! :P

I caught part of an episode today while I was tredmilling on my lunch. It had been a Very Long Time since I had seen any tv. It appeared to be one where Wife of Josh moves to DC? She talked about getting the kids on the metro and going to a mommy and me play class. Also J'Michelle looked through old baby clothes.

I laughed out loud at J'Michelle when she said something along the lines of "I remember most of my babies in these clothes." And she yammered on about being open to adoption and not having a baby in the house, and it was just awful. I honestly wonder if she knows her kids names, it appeared she could only remember clothes that Josie wore.

I also realized today (when looking at some new hire paperwork) that Josie is short for Johanna, which means they have a Josie, a Joy Anna, and a Johanna. Way to give your girls individual names, Duggars.

I caught part of an episode today while I was tredmilling on my lunch. It had been a Very Long Time since I had seen any tv. It appeared to be one where Wife of Josh moves to DC? She talked about getting the kids on the metro and going to a mommy and me play class. Also J'Michelle looked through old baby clothes.

I laughed out loud at J'Michelle when she said something along the lines of "I remember most of my babies in these clothes." And she yammered on about being open to adoption and not having a baby in the house, and it was just awful. I honestly wonder if she knows her kids names, it appeared she could only remember clothes that Josie wore.

I also realized today (when looking at some new hire paperwork) that Josie is short for Johanna, which means they have a Josie, a Joy Anna, and a Johanna. Way to give your girls individual names, Duggars.

I didn't know Josie what short for Johanna, you learn something new every day! I always just thought it was short for Josephine...

In terms of the kids names I can remember Josh, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah someone, someone, someone, someone, someone, someone, Jordyn and Josie...

Archived