IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

Are you talking about the fan blog? I don't think the hair tutorials are on the Duggar blog run by the Duggars.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you talking about the fan blog? I don't think the hair tutorials are on the Duggar blog run by the Duggars.

as far as I know the Duggar's don't run a blog Michelle has her TLC thing but that's it. I'm talking about the blog called the original Duggar family blog run by that mother and daughter who know the duggar's it's basically the official one as it's endorsed by the duggars

The Duggars have a website: duggarfamily.com/content/home Perhaps it is hairsplitting, but that seems their official page. I know I've been mislead and had to go hunting when someone said something was on their official blog, but it was on a fan site.

The Duggars have a website: duggarfamily.com/content/home Perhaps it is hairsplitting, but that seems their official page. I know I've been mislead and had to go hunting when someone said something was on their official blog, but it was on a fan site.

Sorry I'll try and be more specific in the future. :)

I think a lot of fundies (and maybe non-fundies) of the male persuasion are fine with tons of kids because hey, newborns are cute and fun and they don't do jack shit to take care of the kids. I mean, if I got to hold a cuddly newborn at 8am for a bit, then go off to the same job as always, then come home at 5pm and cuddle again, then hand the kid off to my wife who has made me dinner, then read my paper, do whatever and go to bed to sleep all night... I might have a ton of kids too. But if I was the mom who was up all night with a newborn, then took care of like 7 kids all day while my husband did nothing to help (other than his office job or whatever)... I might figure out some kind of birth control.

Yes, those quiverfull fundie men have no idea what it's like to truly having to deal with so many kids. Sure, it's a challenge to provide for such a large family, but I'd rather go working all day than having to deal with so many small children while being pregnant all the time. I really don't know how these fundie moms do it. I have to say, I somehow admire them a bit for being able to survive that lifestyle. However, the toll it takes on their neglected kids and their own health is huge.

so last night I watched the Duggar hair tutorial on the official duggar blog and I have to say they do not do a good job. Erin Bates is great at doing tutorials Jessa and Jill not so much.

Erin is better at giving the tutorial. I had seen the Duggar's first, then Erin's when she first posted them. Everything about it is better; her instructions, modeling and camera direction.

Does anyone have a way to read the old TWOP thread that FJ originated on? I think it was around the 14 Kids and Pregnant Again days, listed under Candid Reality. It seems to have disappeared, but I would love to read it. Thanks in advance.

so last night I watched the Duggar hair tutorial on the official duggar blog and I have to say they do not do a good job. Erin Bates is great at doing tutorials Jessa and Jill not so much.

Yeah the Duggar's was just kind of like okay just do this, and wasn't much else. Granted it was just run of the mill hair curling, and not much too it. Erin seemed to put a lot more thought and personality in hers though.

Yeah the Duggar's was just kind of like okay just do this, and wasn't much else. Granted it was just run of the mill hair curling, and not much too it. Erin seemed to put a lot more thought and personality in hers though.

I also noticed the tiny bottle of hairspray they have. They either have that stuff stock piled or they are always going to the store because that's not going to last them long. though I have noticed they don't curl as much anymore. even JInger has softer curls lately.

I only watched the Erin tutorial last night. And though her hair is to Boofy and old fashioned for my taste. That is all the negative I can say. She was sweet, presentable, gave great clear concise instructions. A simply god bless at the end (or words to that effect) not super preachy. I think she is a better role model to convert unsuspecting people to the cult as she is so sweet and seems normal if not babied. I think she would be a nice girl to know. (Based on that video) lol I'll go hide now.

The Duggars posted this on their FB page today.

http://reason.com/archives/2014/09/05/harsanyi-addicted-19-kids-and-counting

Thoughts?

:angry-banghead:

It would be nice if the author knew that at the very least, Jim bob hands business assets to his sons. They don't "start their own businesses with no college education," they have car lots, planes and political connections handed to them.

And seeing all those kids in the Roe vs. Wade t-shirts was just creepy.

I know I have to go back a few pages and read, but I am really just getting to the point of not liking Ben. His Anti-Catholic views make me not want to watch the show anymore because deep in my heart I know they all feel that way.

I wonder if he would ever have the nerve to call out people who are Jewish- A religion I am learning about and loving.

this is the article I am referring to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -rant.html

Thanks to this thread, I just purchased The Sims 3 (I used to have it but got rid of it when I started nursing school) and plan to make the Duggars, just to see what shenanigans they get up to. :lol:

Thanks to this thread, I just purchased The Sims 3 (I used to have it but got rid of it when I started nursing school) and plan to make the Duggars, just to see what shenanigans they get up to. :lol:

I think we need to start a thread about the Sims 3 and what our Duggar Sims do...what forum category would it go under?

I haven't played the Sims 3 in MONTHS. (I did make Team Free Will from Supernatural, if any of you watch that show, and Cas and Dean kinda just fell in love without me trying to make them. Whoot). I hope I have the expansion packs necessary to download the TTH, because I am way too lazy to make it myself.

I know I have to go back a few pages and read, but I am really just getting to the point of not liking Ben. His Anti-Catholic views make me not want to watch the show anymore because deep in my heart I know they all feel that way.

I wonder if he would ever have the nerve to call out people who are Jewish- A religion I am learning about and loving.

this is the article I am referring to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -rant.html

If he called out Jews I would stop watching the show and call the Anti-Defamation League.

And get my grandma to beat him up. (She's offered to beat up people who make me upset in the past, I've just never taken her up on it. And she's pretty fit for an old lady).

I think we need to start a thread about the Sims 3 and what our Duggar Sims do...what forum category would it go under?

I haven't played the Sims 3 in MONTHS. (I did make Team Free Will from Supernatural, if any of you watch that show, and Cas and Dean kinda just fell in love without me trying to make them. Whoot). I hope I have the expansion packs necessary to download the TTH, because I am way too lazy to make it myself.

OMGYESLET'SDOTHIS

Ok this is driving me crazy! How does jesse and jill, well all of them really, think they can afford all these kids! I have a daughter around the same age, who is in college, and she is no where near ready to afford rent and car payments let alone kids! Jill already pregnant and yes luckily, derick has a real job, but they want tons of kids. On a one parent income?? Jesse and Ben can not be in a financial state to take care of themselves, let alone a kid (not plural). I am sure many of us on this board could say "I would've had more kids but I cant afford it". Why do we never hear this from any of the duggars! I want to hear just one of them say "we would like a child when we can afford it"!! Geez!

Ok rant is over!

Ok this is driving me crazy! How does jesse and jill, well all of them really, think they can afford all these kids! I have a daughter around the same age, who is in college, and she is no where near ready to afford rent and car payments let alone kids! Jill already pregnant and yes luckily, derick has a real job, but they want tons of kids. On a one parent income?? Jesse and Ben can not be in a financial state to take care of themselves, let alone a kid (not plural). I am sure many of us on this board could say "I would've had more kids but I cant afford it". Why do we never hear this from any of the duggars! I want to hear just one of them say "we would like a child when we can afford it"!! Geez!

Ok rant is over!

It's their religion, if you try to find logical explanations for everything, that's just not going to work. They believe that G-d will provide. One fundy mom said "I'd rather have kids with no shoes than have shoes with no kids.", so that sums up their attitude pretty well.

I would love too learn how to play Duggar Sims, but do you have to have graphic artist computer skills? Sorry to be so ignorant about it...but new to the whole SIMS thing.

Thanks for any Sims advice in advance.

Missy

Ok rant is over!

Well it does seem that Daddy Duggar hands over houses to his kids so there is one thing checked off. usually jobs for the jobless if Josh is anything to go by. Jessa and Jill should have some money from their book and hopefully they are getting paid something for the show.

Well it does seem that Daddy Duggar hands over houses to his kids so there is one thing checked off. usually jobs for the jobless if Josh is anything to go by. Jessa and Jill should have some money from their book and hopefully they are getting paid something for the show.

One thing I did notice while watching the special about building the house is that Boob said he could potentially build more houses on the property when his children start getting married. I'm beginning to think that Ben is living in the "guest house" to get it ready for Jessa to move there when they get married. Even if they don't stay there, there are other rental properties they can live in as the other married Duggars have done.

It's not really applicable to me, because I was a single woman in my mid-30's when I got pregnant while not trying to. At that point, I had sort of figured I would not have any children, so when I found out I was pregnant I was shocked, scared, delighted, amazed and overwhelmed.

My pregnancy was easy and I enjoyed almost every minute of it (the last few weeks were a drag). But the actual childbirth? After I had my son, I think one of my first thoughts was "I'm never going through that again!" It kicked my ass something fierce.

One thing I did notice while watching the special about building the house is that Boob said he could potentially build more houses on the property when his children start getting married. I'm beginning to think that Ben is living in the "guest house" to get it ready for Jessa to move there when they get married. Even if they don't stay there, there are other rental properties they can live in as the other married Duggars have done.

And, don't forget, Bin and Derick have amounted many inclusions. so< they should be getting a TLC check, too. Bin, has certinally figured out the TLC system.

Archived