IGNORED

Steve Maxwell compares abortion to pollution

SPHASH

I get the Mom's Corner directly by email. For some reason there's a problem getting to the July Mom's Corner from the Maxwell website. Too bad, because it's another doozie.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just read Teri's most recent Mom's Corner - "Who Do You Love Best". Her examples of how a wife should relate to her husband could also be compared to how to take care of the demands of a typical toddler. A toddler want mommy to take care of all his physical and emotional needs and Steve wants this too. No wonder Steve was irritated when the hotel employee couldn't quickly respond to his request! Steve is completely used to having everyone in his family be ready to please him and give him their undivided attention. Plus - this Mom's Corner gives us real insight in to Steve's very own idol - his sweet tooth - and how Teri attends to it.

That doesn't suprise me. We already know that Teri puts his toothpaste on his toothbrush from him....

I get the Mom's Corner directly by email. For some reason there's a problem getting to the July Mom's Corner from the Maxwell website. Too bad, because it's another doozie.

Surely the guys who make their living giving overpriced classes on IT stuff, that are far superior to worldly college classes, wouldn't have a glaring error like that on their web site, would they? :embarrassed:

Surely the guys who make their living giving overpriced classes on IT stuff, that are far superior to worldly college classes, wouldn't have a glaring error like that on their web site, would they? :embarrassed:

I get the link emailed to me, but it didn't work this month. My children and partner are just going to have to muddle through the month with me not blessed by Teri's words of wisdom. I'm sure my partner will leave because I fail to honour him sufficiently with pre pasted tooth brushes and "back rubs" and my children's hearts will be lost to "the world", all because the OneTonRamp men dropped the ball. They will answer for it to The Lord when they inevitably die.

Something to think about.......

I get the link emailed to me, but it didn't work this month. My children and partner are just going to have to muddle through the month with me not blessed by Teri's words of wisdom. I'm sure my partner will leave because I fail to honour him sufficiently with pre pasted tooth brushes and "back rubs" and my children's hearts will be lost to "the world", all because the OneTonRamp men dropped the ball. They will answer for it to The Lord when they inevitably die.

Something to think about.......

The also seem to have a problem updating the About section on their website. Steve has four grandchildren, Teri has five, and Nathan and Melanie "have three little girls: Abigail, Bethany, Christina, and Baby Andrew."

Editing failures, they has them.

Maybe they're so worried about Andrew they failed to change stuff up? If the situation is dire, I could see it.

But it doesn't make Terri look too faithful... He he where's the devil horns smiley?

Just want to point out that Steve's "Seriously for Dads" column is only for "the serious dad".

All you womens need to stop reading.

Weird that they are just posting the Seriously articles now on the blog, when they've been posting them since March.

I’m excited to introduce to you Seriously for Dads, a once-a-week e-mail by my dad (Steve) for the serious dad. Seriously’s theme is to encourage the serious dad in his role as Christian, husband, father, discipler, and provider.

shit, get over yourselves :disgust:

Steve's latest "Seriously" veers perilously close to Calvinism/predestination:

"In1869 Swiss physician Friedrich Miescher discovered DNA. DNA is God’s unique “blueprint†for each of us. It determines what we will look like – what color eyes and hair we have, our height, our skin tone. Did you know that we have a “character and spiritual DNA,†too? You can get a pretty good picture of a person’s character and spiritual “DNA†simply by studying his choices. Those who are near us and can observe our decisions get a good idea of our true character and spiritual makeup.

A few examples:

Choosing to spend time with the Lord every day in His Word because we delight in Jesus

Choosing to lead family Bible time every day because we want to give the family a love for God’s Word

Choosing to invest time in things that have eternal value because our time on earth is short

Choosing to team up with our wives to put the children to bed because she works hard all day

Choosing to get her something she needs to show her our love

Choosing to make the bed sometimes because she is usually the one to do it

Choosing to actively disciple our children because we have the spiritual responsibility for them

or

Choosing to cater to our own wants and needs because we love ourselves more than we love our wives, our children, or others."

I just read Teri's latest Moms Corner (link finally working).

It surprised me to hear about all these fundie women serving their husbands first at meal times, especially as they tend to have large families. I can't imagine having loads of little kids waiting til Dad was served. I guess if they've been properly subdued with plumbing line they don't make a fuss, but I've always served little kids first, and so has everyone I know with kids.

It surprised me to hear about all these fundie women serving their husbands first at meal times, especially as they tend to have large families. I can't imagine having loads of little kids waiting til Dad was served. I guess if they've been properly subdued with plumbing line they don't make a fuss, but I've always served little kids first, and so has everyone I know with kids.

Most people feel the same way. I don't have kids & i feel the same way. I think many serve their husband's 1st because 1) they consider him as head of the household & 2) some might think although not say it out loud that if they don't be will be mad & probably already had a long day & want a smooth evening.

I don't Remember getting served before dad... We usually all ate at the same time... When the food was ready.

At church potlucks, however, we adults were expected to wait for the food without a snack, despite the fact that we all have hypoglycemia. Kids got snacks, we had to show off our shaky fingers and hope the ladies took pity on us.

Yes, I still a tad bitter about sugar crashes that needn't have happened. It's why we like to avoid church potlucks.

I always carry my own safe snack when I know I'll be doing something like a church potluck or any event that may run long. No sense being dependent on the vagaries of the church ladies or a speaker who doesn't wear a watch.

I know of many families in which it was normal that the father was served first, or worse, where it was normal for the father to get the best and the rest of the family to make do with the rest. Sometimes it wasn't even a matter of, say, the father being served the breast meat of a roast chicken and the rest being distributed to everyone else. It could be that there were X amount of dollars budgeted for a meal, that a good portion of that money went to a steak for the father, and that the rest of the family had to do with cheap stodge that could be purchased with the remainder of the allocated money.

It never happened in my family (for all of their fundie beliefs, my parents went out of their way to be fair) but my mother had a friend whose husband expected that sort of treatment. They had a pretty huge family and not a heck of a lot of money. I remember my mother had some choice words to say about it and she was kind of amused when this guy developed polyps in his colon and was told that he had to eat less meat and more (some) fruit and vegetables.

I find that so odd.

My whole family eats the same meal most of the time, but occasionally I'll serve the kids nursery food (chicken nuggets or fish fingers, sweet potato chips, macaroni and cheese and peas, that sort of thing) and the adults will have left overs, and I'm sure Partner would prefer to get the kid's food if I gave him the option!

Lots of what is completely normal in fundidom is, to put it very mildly, odd to the rest of us.

If you have a mindset where children are blessings (not ppl with the same rights as you do) and a wife is a helper (rather than an equal) it's not much of a step to justify getting the things you want at the cost of everyone else.

Lots of what is completely normal in fundidom is, to put it very mildly, odd to the rest of us.

If you have a mindset where children are blessings (not ppl with the same rights as you do) and a wife is a helper (rather than an equal) it's not much of a step to justify getting the things you want at the cost of everyone else.

or, they say the father is the breadwinner and gets the best and first to keep him healthy and happy. Personally i think the one making and raising kids should get the best. :shrug:

When my tribe was growing up, there were two choices for every meal...take it or leave it. I always served from youngest to oldest then parents. The kids learned to eat quick if they wanted seconds. Even now one of my sons eats like someone is going to take it away from him. I never made fancy meals (the X was a notoriously picky eater) but they were nutritious and as plentiful as I could stretch my grocery allowance. The kids never went hungry.

My mamaw said that growing up, all the kids had to wait to eat until the adults had finished -- and they usually had company. Then, they just got to eat whatever was leftover. :o

She said they would be STARVING waiting for the adults to finish so they could eat. She also said she never tasted any part of the chicken except the wing until she was married and had her own household.

That doesn't suprise me. We already know that Teri puts his toothpaste on his toothbrush from him....

Clearly none of them have enough to do.

Clearly none of them have enough to do.

Which is is why there's constant cleaning of kitchen cabinets and ceiling fans. With multiple adults in the home and no young children, things are not going to be as messy if most of the family was young kids. So they do the same work over and over to basically use up the time, which can't be spent doing anything that's more fun.

I don't know how Teri and the family can stand it. The sheer boredom and thinking that you have no way out because dad and Jebus. I say "thinking" because perhaps Teri and the adults kids can get out of it, they have family that would probably help, but it's their thinking that keeps them stuck in the prison that's the Maxwell compound.

Just as the picture that was posted above, the fact that their home is Leavenworth, KS just seems so fitting in a sad way.

Archived