IGNORED

Steve Maxwell compares abortion to pollution

SPHASH

In my family, everyone eats the same thing and you can help yourself as you like. No one, however, gets to START eating until I do. :naughty: That's how I was raised as well - we all waited for mom to start before we did. Otherwise, while I'm still putting the last few things on the table and getting myself settled, the kids would be halfway through their meal and that's just rude in my opinion. It's nothing to do with me being the mom or a woman, BTW, just with me being the one who cooks most of the time. If someone else was putting the meal on the table, we'd wait for them.

It's no different than when I'm at a restaurant with friends - we generally don't start eating until the server has given everyone their food.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of some families in which the children are served dinner on their own, and then Mom and Dad (and any other adults who might be present) dine later. The reasoning us that the kids get hungrier earlier and go to bed earlier than the adults do--and that the adults might like some alone time without the kids.

Archived