IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

Thank you for your time and organizational skills, Veron1que! :mrgreen:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess Boob didn't just walk Jill down the aisle, give her away and then go and sit on the front row with DQ for the rest of the marriage ceremony:

tumblr_n7xxyg6WAC1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

He probably did but came back up on stage (alter) to give them the permission to kiss (finally!) like he and Anna's Dad did with Josh & Anna and Priscilla & Davida, erm... David. :)

Does anyone else think that Derick is a bit sexy?

Derrick isn't my type either. I'm sure he' a very nice guy though. I'm more of a Ben fan meself.

One more for the wedding file, veron1que. ETA: issues with uploading.

post-7337-14451999190164_thumb.jpg

Ahh, I can't see it!

post-7337-14451999190271_thumb.jpg

A sign that said ''Our search is done''? Not like they had been looking for a partner for years or something. :P

And Michelle's dress: Ugh!

Jim Bob's got a nice tie, great color for him. I do not like the way his eyes are fixated on Derick when Derick is kissing Jill.

I don't actually like the mint color on ANY of them. I think it looks especially funky with a fake tan. I'm not much of a wedding person -- do brides often choose colors that would look better on them than their attendants? :? This green flatters Jill most of all.

I don't actually like the mint color on ANY of them. I think it looks especially funky with a fake tan. I'm not much of a wedding person -- do brides often choose colors that would look better on them than their attendants? :? This green flatters Jill most of all.

From my experience what flatters the bridal party isn't often part of the planning process. Generally, a bride picks her colors thinking of flowers and ribbons, and the color of the invitations. Then, when they go to pick out bridesmaids dresses they pick out dresses in one of the colors and they often don't flatter.

Colors are more dictated by trends. This year, mint and peach were very popular, last year, navy and yellow were the colors. I don't think yellow or mint flatter most skin tones. Bottom line, bridesmaids are there as props, not as people brides are trying to dress well.

Jim Bob's got a nice tie, great color for him. I do not like the way his eyes are fixated on Derick when Derick is kissing Jill.

Yeah, that was very creepy.....EWWW

I was looking for better options for modest swimwear (VS the trashbag style wholesomewear) and found:

Lands end Swim leggings with skirt: http://www.landsend.com/products/womens ... /id_269396

Lands end rash guard: http://www.landsend.com/products/womens ... /id_261052

Lands end board shorts: http://www.landsend.com/products/womens ... /id_231650

Athleta short sleeve rash guard: http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.d ... =983702032

even the apostolic clothing companies have better looking stuff.

post-5602-14451999190727_thumb.jpg

WHY do they stick with the terrible wholesomewear?

Yeah, that was very creepy.....EWWW

Get a grip. JimBob can't help but be looking at the both of them, However, if he thinks that's the first time Jill and Derick have kissed....then he's dumber than I though.

Well, Land's End now owes you a finder's fee, freedomjesusfootball, since I just bought a new swimsuit. :lol:

(Seriously though, thanks for the links - I can't wait to get my new suit in the mail!) :wink-kitty:

People has an article about their honeymoon.

Duggars tumblr has been

Told jill has left the midwifery place to become a stay at home wife :(

If it's true, my heart just breaks. And I'm mad. Like I'd understand if she stopped when she had a baby, but to not see her education to the end purely because she married? Was she pressured by Jim bob and Michelle? Did Derrick tell her he'd rather have her stay at home? was it just the awful cult that drove her to make the decision?

What use is a half trained midwife on the mission field? None, unless they are out in the boonies and someone is going to have a baby before they get medical attention. She said she did it for the mission field, and now she's just throwing it away for legalistic bullshit.

Fuck this cult. And fuck the duggars for trying to make it seem attractive. It's all just bullshit, has nothing to do with Jesus.

Ahhhh, shit.

So she's just going to throw away her entire education (such as it is) so she can wait around to give birth to a zillion kids just like her idiot mother. :evil:

Perfect. Just...perfect. :angry-banghead:

Derrick should encourage Jill to get her education, if that's what she wants. Why quit? She could actually get a real education and make something of herself.

Here ya go!

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21706&start=320

This is said to be the house that John David was given by the bank in exchange for clearing land. There were kitties roaming the place when the Duggars began remodeling it, so the house has been affectionately dubbed "The Cat House" here at FJ.

It is unknown whether or not Jill and Derick pay rent for living there, and I personally wonder if the kitties were Michelle's kitten source when she was shown stashing several kittens in a pitcher (she said the vet told her it would keep them warm or something).

"Living In The Cat House," should be a new FJ rank! :wink-kitty:

Wow, I really hope that is not true. What was the point in even starting if she was going to get married? It takes a long time to get enough births to become a midwife. I just cannot believe it.

But I guess I can.... is it acceptable in their circles for her to get a call while she is preparing dinner for Derick or sleeping with him at night that pulls her away from the house? Probably not. Although there really are a LOT of christian midwives, many quite fundie.

I had a feeling Jill was not going to go far from her family when she joined instagram and her first captions were "Tune in to TLC in the Fall to see the wedding!" etc.

People has an article about their honeymoon.

Duggars tumblr has been

Told jill has left the midwifery place to become a stay at home wife :(

I read that they are waiting to hear if it is true unless, I missed reading that it was confirmed.

That would just be so sad if she stopped pursuing midwifery. I know I've said it here before, but I am so lucky that I was not born into a cult or pulled into one by my family. I can't imagine never having a choice about what I do in life other than wife/mother.

As much as I hate it, I suspected she might quit after getting pregnant. She could easily have a home practice where she sees clients in her home and births in her home, only seeing her clients in their homes for 3 day pp check ups while they still come to her home for 2wk and 6wk pp check ups. She could even have her clients come to her for their 3 day check ups. (Seriously, why else does she need all those towels??) I could even see her taking a break having her first child, just to adjust to having a new baby and the change in her family dynamics that goes along with it. But to quit as soon as she married?? For what?! They're two people. Two capable people. How much work could there possibly be in that house to "require" her to stay home all fucking day?? They've only been married for 12 days so it's not like she could even say "well now that I'm pregnant" because there is no way she would even know if she got that almighty honeymoon baby.

I really hope she just temporarily left for a month or so to adjust to married life and all that crap. I'm not really sure why she would need to leave for any amount of time outside of the honeymoon but hey, maybe she's taking a short leave of absence to write all those thank you notes in between being available at all times for Derick's "needs".

If it's true, my heart just breaks. And I'm mad. Like I'd understand if she stopped when she had a baby, but to not see her education to the end purely because she married? Was she pressured by Jim bob and Michelle? Did Derrick tell her he'd rather have her stay at home? was it just the awful cult that drove her to make the decision?

What use is a half trained midwife on the mission field? None, unless they are out in the boonies and someone is going to have a baby before they get medical attention. She said she did it for the mission field, and now she's just throwing it away for legalistic bullshit.

Fuck this cult. And fuck the duggars for trying to make it seem attractive. It's all just bullshit, has nothing to do with Jesus.

I smell JimBob and Michelle in this decision----they pressured Derick to use his "headship" and tell Jill she needs to quit (what about Jana and her career as a doula/accountability buddy?). After all, she may have to leave Derick for hours at a time, maybe during the evening and/or overnight. I can't see how that schedule would be allowed. This makes me think any thoughts of leaving their home that JimBob gave them to mission in Nepal have now been stifled, too. I feel sad for Jill, if this is true.

I think maybe second guessing Jill is not a good idea. Remember, she's spent YEARS taking care of her mother's children. So, now she's married and has left the midwifery practice. It may only be "for now"....this is the first time in her life that she has been able to be free. No kids to take care of, no "jurisdictions", no forced "bible study". Let her enjoy being a wife, having the freedom to come and go as she pleases with no accountability partner in tow. Maybe she'll go back to it later. If you think about it, she has much less responsibility now than she's ever had in her life. She was kid #4 and was a "buddy" to at least one of her mother's spawn by the time she was what? 8? She's 23 now. That's a LONG time to have to be that responsible...including getting up to tend to said spawn.

I'd say give her awhile to adjust to being actually alone during the day and there only being one other person in the house in the evenings and weekends. Its got to be a real culture shock to her!

I think maybe second guessing Jill is not a good idea. Remember, she's spent YEARS taking care of her mother's children. So, now she's married and has left the midwifery practice. It may only be "for now"....this is the first time in her life that she has been able to be free. No kids to take care of, no "jurisdictions", no forced "bible study". Let her enjoy being a wife, having the freedom to come and go as she pleases with no accountability partner in tow. Maybe she'll go back to it later. If you think about it, she has much less responsibility now than she's ever had in her life. She was kid #4 and was a "buddy" to at least one of her mother's spawn by the time she was what? 8? She's 23 now. That's a LONG time to have to be that responsible...including getting up to tend to said spawn.

I'd say give her awhile to adjust to being actually alone during the day and there only being one other person in the house in the evenings and weekends. Its got to be a real culture shock to her!

I can see your point here. She may like the idea of just being able to do absolutely nothing. I love it when my dad takes the kids for a few hours to just go do something so I can sit around the house and do absolutely nothing. It's nice once in a while. I'm sure she likes having her me time and not having to get up in the middle of the night with a baby, although she hasn't had to do that for about two years now.

Still, though, she didn't quit a nursery school job or a private nanny job. She quite a midwifery job. There's no child raising going on there. Her entire job is monitoring a pregnancy and childbirth. That's it. (I'm not trying to trivialize midwifery - I have great respect for it - but as far as child rearing goes, it's not even in the same category.) I'm sure going from being just another sister mom in a sea of what is only now looking to no longer be an endless new blessings to being a wife in a home with just her husband is a huge culture shock. I would suspect it's like that for anyone who lives at home until marriage and suddenly goes from having a few (or a lot of) siblings to living with just one person. Again, I can understand if she took off for a few weeks or so. Adjusting can't be easy, especially with all those thank you notes to write, but to quit all together? That's just stupid.

No. Quitting all together is rude and disrespectful. It takes a lot of time and energy to teach someone the practices of midwifery. Midwives take on a whole lot more responsibility when they take on an apprentice. Many midwives even turn women down bc apprenticeship is in such a high demand. Someone invest a lot of her personal time into teaching Jill everything she knows. This woman took time our of her day, away from her family, just so Jill could get an education. She may have turned down other promising young woman in order to take Jill. PLUS all these women in the practice threw her a wonderful shower, taking more time and money out of their day and away from their families. And for what? So she could just go and say "hey, thanks but I'm married now so I don't need this anymore. Bye!". How fucking rude is that? How fucking typical is that of a Duggar? Everything is always "me me me" in the Duggar world and it seems like Jill isn't exempt from that whole mentality. The more I think about this, the more angry I get about it. I would love to be able to have the opportunity Jill had, to be an midwife's apprentice. And I certainly wouldn't throw it away like she did just because I got married. Fuck her. She pisses me off. Self righteous little bitch with the maturity of a 12 year old.

Okay. Rant over.

Archived