IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

Jill has no idea how to be alone. Her identity was forged by her parents to be one of eleventy siblings who do everything together. She was not raised to create her own identity. She is becoming a midwife through the lens of what her parents would allow. Other than cooking, cleaning and babysitting, she does not likely have any idea how to fill her time with Derrick at work all day. Jill has never had free time to do as she wished and she doesn't seem to have friends to spend time with who were not raised the exact same way. If anything, she might be a little scared to spend so much time alone when she has always had a buddy or someone with her to keep her accountable. I would not be surprised of she isn't at the big house everyday continuing with her old duties.

This is why I said the hard part starts now. Derrick was one of two children. He may not be too thrilled to spend every waking moment with the Duggar family. There is going to be an adjustment period for both of them. I see Jim Bob still trying to keep Jill on a short leash.

You know, if Jill were a normal person with a healthy worldview I'd think nothing of her spending time at her family's home after marriage. They live close-by, and I disagree with the very American idea that one has to be completely independent from one's family to the point where spending a lot of time with them is seen as a sign of something wrong. But these are the Duggar's we're talking about--even if Jill does have real friends outside her family it's not like there's a whole lot for them to do socially, since secular activities are of the devil, or something. And it's perfectly normal to me that she would hang out in with her family when her husband isn't around, the house is clean, and she has nothing else to do...except, you know, she'll never actually have anything to do until she has children of her own. Because until it's proven otherwise I'm going to assume she dropped midwifery now that she's married.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A logistical question-does Jill have her own car now that she is married or did she bring Derick to work this morning in order to have a car to drive to her parents' home?

Another question-I realize homes are less expensive in the south than in the northeast; but how did Jill and Derick afford that home? TLC money from Jill, trust fund from Derick's father to him, co-signed mortgage from Cathy or Boob?

Jill has a new IG. Why can't she enjoy married life without having to drag her children, I mean siblings around with her everywhere!!!

Oh ok, you meant to say Jill posted new photos on her instagram - I thought (and maybe others) that you were saying she started a new instagram account.

I'm sure her siblings would love any chance to get out of the TTH for some sanity and individual attention, they're probably happy to be dragged around!

Jim Bob owns the house. Whether or not he's charging them rent, we don't know.

I think that for the moment I'm going with it was a nice thing to take a sibling out with her. She probably knew that most of them would enjoy some one on one time out of the house.

Oh ok, you meant to say Jill posted new photos on her instagram - I thought (and maybe others) that you were saying she started a new instagram account.

I'm sure her siblings would love any chance to get out of the TTH for some sanity and individual attention, they're probably happy to be dragged around!

Whoops. I meant to add "new pic on IG" :D

I've been looking at the website of Cross Church--crosschurch.com -- where Derick & Jill got married & recently went to a fireworks show. Its a Southern Baptist megachurch, and the minister just became President of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), which is the single largest Protestant denomination in the United States.

The good news is: there are jeans-wearing women on the website, and the church is very big on mission trips. I hope that Derick can lead Jill into a more SBC, less Gothardite, pantswearing lifestyle.

Is that cross church where the duggars go to church? It's not Derick's church.

The Duggars home-church, they don't go to actually go to brick and mortar churches unless they are traveling or on a speaking engagement. I think they just got married there because it was the biggest church in the area.

I've been looking at the website of Cross Church--crosschurch.com -- where Derick & Jill got married & recently went to a fireworks show. Its a Southern Baptist megachurch, and the minister just became President of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), which is the single largest Protestant denomination in the United States.

The good news is: there are jeans-wearing women on the website, and the church is very big on mission trips. I hope that Derick can lead Jill into a more SBC, less Gothardite, pantswearing lifestyle.

I just quickly browsed through the site. Just for the simple fact that that I see a woman in pair (what appears to be) leggings and some platform heels, singing a solo during the service. And I clicked on some of their worship music and I hear electric guitar and DRUMs. It's probably a more mainstream conservative church still so, we know what to expect.It will be good for her to get away from Jim Bob Sunday sermons (and ultimately Gothard's teachings).

You know a denomination is extreme when the SBC is to its left.

People keep mentioning Jill and Derrick's house but I've never heard details on it- where it is, the size?- or pics. Can someone fill me in or send me links to the info?

Is that cross church where the duggars go to church? It's not Derick's church.

The Duggars use Cross Church for things that the Holy Warehouse Church of Gothard isn't big enough for, and when they want to appear as mainstream conservative Christians. Jubilee's memorial was held there and they've been filmed attending, speaking, and taking part in church activities sometimes.

I would expect Jill and Derick to be attending JimBob's "home church" (which isn't really a home church, but I guess they have to call it that as JimBob is totally unqualified to pastor) while they are in the area. I think most couples would choose to attend the church where one of their parents pastored - it would seem disloyal not to.

People keep mentioning Jill and Derrick's house but I've never heard details on it- where it is, the size?- or pics. Can someone fill me in or send me links to the info?

Here ya go!

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21706&start=320

This is said to be the house that John David was given by the bank in exchange for clearing land. There were kitties roaming the place when the Duggars began remodeling it, so the house has been affectionately dubbed "The Cat House" here at FJ.

It is unknown whether or not Jill and Derick pay rent for living there, and I personally wonder if the kitties were Michelle's kitten source when she was shown stashing several kittens in a pitcher (she said the vet told her it would keep them warm or something).

Not the house John David got from the bank. It's a foreclosure that Jim Bob bought.

Here ya go!

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21706&start=320

This is said to be the house that John David was given by the bank in exchange for clearing land. There were kitties roaming the place when the Duggars began remodeling it, so the house has been affectionately dubbed "The Cat House" here at FJ.

It is unknown whether or not Jill and Derick pay rent for living there, and I personally wonder if the kitties were Michelle's kitten source when she was shown stashing several kittens in a pitcher (she said the vet told her it would keep them warm or something).

Thanks.

Not the house John David got from the bank. It's a foreclosure that Jim Bob bought.

Whoops, my mistake. Thought it was the one JD got from the bank. At any rate, those are the right pics.

@Alye, you're welcome.

It would be wonderful if Dill started going to social events at Cross Church--like bible study for young marrieds-- so Jill could see that pants wearing ladies aren't necessarily going to hell.

MASSIVE PICTURE POST:

I'm not sure what the etiquette on this is but I just wanted to come in and see pics of the wedding and was a little dismayed as to having to dig through the entire thread. So I'm going to consolidate all of the Dill wedding photos into this post (under spoilers of course, use, ignore, or remove mods if it's a problem. Yes they are reposts ;)

People Rehearsal Pics:

jill-duggar-1-600.jpg

jill-duggar-2b-300.jpg

jill-duggar-3-600.jpg

Ceremony:

file.php?id=5618

file.php?id=5703

file.php?id=5707

file.php?id=5712

duggarwedding2.jpg

tumblr_n7xxyg6WAC1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Misc Wedding/Cake:

TMqANRj.jpg

file.php?id=5662

file.php?id=5708

file.php?id=5711

file.php?id=5709

VMiKtLI.jpg

Couple Shots:

file.php?id=5640file.php?id=5657

file.php?id=5666

file.php?id=5664

file.php?id=5670

file.php?id=5669

file.php?id=5668

file.php?id=5673

file.php?id=5672

file.php?id=5702

file.php?id=5706

file.php?id=5713

Jill/Derick Separate Shots:

LBxfaBX.jpg

file.php?id=5710

RsKJxbE.jpg

file.php?id=5671

Other Duggars:

file.php?id=5604

file.php?id=5647

927691_702047669833087_1675678842_n.jpg

925045_1435532930040956_1760804325_n.jpg

file.php?id=5701

Bridal Party/Family:

file.php?id=5663

file.php?id=5705

file.php?id=5699

Honeymoon

file.php?id=5733

file.php?id=5732

Jim Bob's got a nice tie, great color for him. I do not like the way his eyes are fixated on Derick when Derick is kissing Jill.

Archived