IGNORED

Who Is To Blame....

Want More Babies

I also had to post a comment yesterday- very nice and non-confrontational. Still not posted. It worries me that these girls are getting a false sense of security through their modest clothing, thinking because of it they are immune to rape. Isn't that what happened to Bethany Patchin?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/09/us/09beliefs.html

I read that article but I'm not seeing the connection between Ms. Patchin and modest clothing/rape. Is there more to her story than that she is a reformed ex-fundie?

Okay, I got a bit upset and did an abbreviated post. This was a fundy woman who did everything the "right" way, got married and wrote a book "Open Embrace" about how God should be in charge of planning the family. Of course, things didn't work out and it recently came to light that her husband had been raping her throughout their marriage. I'm just trying to illustrate that you can dress modestly, follow all of the fundy rules, and still end up being raped!

This is horrible. I don't think a toddler dressed in shorts turns on anyone except men who would do the same thing to a toddler dressed in an ankle length skirt.

3-5 years ago, the illustrious Doug Phillips, Esquire, had a post on this exact topic. A local toddler had been kidnapped and raped, and his big life lesson was that her mother should have paid closer attention to the child's dress--you could see her diaper under her dress! Eleventy!

(Anyone remember it, or have better sleuthing skills than I? Searching his majesty's blog, much less reading it, frustrates me to no end.)

I am joining the growing number of people under the covers. It must be getting warm under there.

Srsly if men are so ridiculously fallible that the sight of a little girl's thigh turns them into blood-thirsty rapists, why are we supposed to submit to them? Shouldn't we be taking away all authority based on their weakness and inability to make good decisions?

:clap: Excellent point.

That article just disgusted me, as the mother of two young girls. :evil:

3-5 years ago, the illustrious Doug Phillips, Esquire, had a post on this exact topic. A local toddler had been kidnapped and raped, and his big life lesson was that her mother should have paid closer attention to the child's dress--you could see her diaper under her dress! Eleventy!

(Anyone remember it, or have better sleuthing skills than I? Searching his majesty's blog, much less reading it, frustrates me to no end.)

Whoa, seriously? How disgusting. I did a quick google but didn't find anything. Anyone with a good memory of this piece and/or strong google-fu - can you pull it up?

Archived