IGNORED

Lori Alexander: An FJ wannabe

Look what Lori's up to today! She found another person's online essay about working and non-working mothers and is snarking on it. Nice try, Lori, but in order to do this right, you have to allow the free exchange of ideas in the comments. You can't just post what you want and then sit back and feel superior (you already know how to do that). You have to allow dissent and debate, and always learn from it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look what Lori's up to today! She found another person's online essay about working and non-working mothers and is snarking on it. Nice try, Lori, but in order to do this right, you have to allow the free exchange of ideas in the comments. You can't just post what you want and then sit back and feel superior (you already know how to do that). You have to allow dissent and debate, and always learn from it.

She never learns anything, and a real wise woman will never call herself a wise woman Lori!!!

Lori has no idea what's going on. I think this woman was trying to say her mom didn't do "nothing" - she did quite a lot. Just because the author has a different conclusion - she'd prefer to work - than Lori, doesn't mean it requires snark. And I looooove snark!

I thought the linked article was actually quite lovely, and felt bad that Lori was snarking on it.

Maybe I related more because my MIL was also trained as a lab tech in an Israeli high school, but I find it touching when a child writes that they appreciate what a parent did for them - esp. when it is a child of immigrants who can appreciate the sacrifices made by a parent that allowed the child to take a different/easier path.

Would Lori snark on my husband if he wrote an article for Father's Day about how his father struggled to make it in the construction business, and how he became a doctor with his father's encouragement? Would she say, "well, obviously he had a very negative view of his father's business, and it's too bad he chose to do medicine instead." To me, it's the same thing.

But hey, what does Lori know about family members loving and respecting each other, even when they do things differently?

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Lori's life mission is to write what she wants and sit back and feel superior.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Lori's life mission is to write what she wants and sit back and feel superior.

I fully understand spin.... and Lori lives by spinning her life.

Poor suffering martyr to pain and what was it ? Worms? Who berates her neighbor for not keeping a clean house when she was ill.

Works full time blogging about how women should not work outside of homemaking.

Bitches and moans about women letting others raise their children by using sitters and daycare while acknowledging a nanny and additionally limiting her own time with her kids by locking sending them to their rooms for hours daily. She admits to 2 hours, but has been known to lie on things before.

Writes about unlimited submission to spouses for other women, but spent most of her marriage not being submissive and acknowledges her marriage was lousey and tumultuous

is just one hate filled bitch, in general, based on her writings.

It sounds like the writer of the piece Lori "snarked" on had a smart, kind and compassionate mother who offered great advice and a shoulder to cry on. Lori is spoiled twat who offered only mean-spirited derision and non-compassionate judgment.

I *believe* Lori conveniently left out this part of the article:

You never know what the future holds and you'd better be prepared. My mother was extremely lucky that we had a strong financial cushion in place. However, she became the go-to sherpa of recent divorcés and widows in my neighborhood. They'd talk to her for hours and ask for her advice. She doled out references for trustworthy lawyers, accountants, banker, brokers – even mechanics. She let me know that even the best marriages fail or the healthiest spouses perish or get ill. The future isn't certain and you need to know you can rely on yourself. Have a say in your household and be educated about where your finances are going. You're smart and you can change the world. You don't need a man to make a living for you to survive. One day – you'll regret it.

Um...does Lori not understand that putting a word in quotation marks can change the meaning of the word? She didn't say that her mother did nothing, quite the contrary--the entire article was about how some people think that stay-at-home mums do nothing all day, but she disproves that and gives examples of how her mother spent her life raising her children and running her household. Sheesh, Lori, read the whole damn article before you go off on a tangent.

I wonder if Lori has brain damage and everyone around her is denying it and just telling her she's fine, and to keep doing the blog because she likes it. Then Ken came here and I realized they probably are patronizing her but not in the way I thought.

I wonder if Lori has brain damage and everyone around her is denying it and just telling her she's fine, and to keep doing the blog because she likes it. Then Ken came here and I realized they probably are patronizing her but not in the way I thought.

She and Ken say that she always had black-and-white thinking, but it's possible that the brain tumor impaired her critical reading skills. I've said before that she seems unable to tell the difference between real information and a scam, and here I think she honestly can't understand that the writer is doing a tribute to her stay at home mom who actually did a whole lot.

Um...does Lori not understand that putting a word in quotation marks can change the meaning of the word? She didn't say that her mother did nothing, quite the contrary--the entire article was about how some people think that stay-at-home mums do nothing all day, but she disproves that and gives examples of how her mother spent her life raising her children and running her household. Sheesh, Lori, read the whole damn article before you go off on a tangent.

Exactly. Let me help you out a little, Lori.

We know you are "Always Learning."

We know you have a "great marriage."

We know you were a "good mother."

We know you "raised your kids all by yourself."

See how the quotes change the meaning? You're welcome.

Exactly. Let me help you out a little, Lori.

We know you are "Always Learning."

We know you have a "great marriage."

We know you were a "good mother."

We know you "raised your kids all by yourself."

See how the quotes change the meaning? You're welcome.

sadie-awkward-youre-welcome-gif.gif?w=620

She and Ken say that she always had black-and-white thinking, but it's possible that the brain tumor impaired her critical reading skills. I've said before that she seems unable to tell the difference between real information and a scam, and here I think she honestly can't understand that the writer is doing a tribute to her stay at home mom who actually did a whole lot.

Brain tumor or not, I just don't think Lori is a powerhouse intellect. She's just not very bright.

I think Westchamps would say that Lori failed to grasp the NUANCE of that specific article. This did not, however, stop her from SPEWING her hatred at the author.

Lori, you do realise that with posts like this you're gossiping, right? I do believe that's a no-no; it falls somewhere under the 'discreet' category there in the 'Welcome!' on your blog. :evil-eye:

Of course, practising what you preach has never been your strong suit. :roll:

Ken really needs to start approving everything before she posts it so this won't happen. I think Ken is smart enough to figure out that this was a tribute to a SAHM not a bashing of a SAHM. She has a couple of comments that point out how is she misreading the article but she is standing by her claim that the woman thought her mother did nothing. I really just think that she has never been very smart.

I wonder if she has Asperger's like Candy? Then all the neuro-typicals are the problem...

(not snarking on those with Asperger's... snarking on those who think that "black and white thinking" allows them to be ignorant and spew hate)

Always Learning - Where words mean whatever we say they do!

Just saw her post today. I don't usually sound like a fangirl of evangelists, but I must say that Rick Warren makes a good point about the value of counseling. He says ""When people say, I don't have the money to afford counseling, I say well how much is your happiness worth, I would pay a million bucks for what I've got today [with my wife]. This is my best friend," he continued." I agree. It always blows my mind when clients come in and claim that they or their spouse rejected marriage counseling because it "wasn't needed" or it was too expensive. If a spouse is interviewing a divorce lawyer (me), then yes, your marriage needs help! If you think that marriage counseling is time consuming and expensive, just wait until you see what divorce proceedings are like. So, kudos to Rick and Kay Warren for speaking out about this, and advocating something that will genuinely help couples and families.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/rick- ... ge-119390/

Lori, of course, doesn't see it that way. Forget the fact that both spouses are saying that counseling was valuable to them, forget the fact that they endured the tragic suicide of their son - Lori's convinced that all that was needed was for Kay to get advice from someone like Debi Pearl.

Just saw her post today. I don't usually sound like a fangirl of evangelists, but I must say that Rick Warren makes a good point about the value of counseling. He says ""When people say, I don't have the money to afford counseling, I say well how much is your happiness worth, I would pay a million bucks for what I've got today [with my wife]. This is my best friend," he continued." I agree. It always blows my mind when clients come in and claim that they or their spouse rejected marriage counseling because it "wasn't needed" or it was too expensive. If a spouse is interviewing a divorce lawyer (me), then yes, your marriage needs help! If you think that marriage counseling is time consuming and expensive, just wait until you see what divorce proceedings are like. So, kudos to Rick and Kay Warren for speaking out about this, and advocating something that will genuinely help couples and families.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/rick- ... ge-119390/

Lori, of course, doesn't see it that way. Forget the fact that both spouses are saying that counseling was valuable to them, forget the fact that they endured the tragic suicide of their son - Lori's convinced that all that was needed was for Kay to get advice from someone like Debi Pearl.

That woman has got gall....put all the blame on Kay Warren= problem solved.

I think Lori is a (heaven forgive me for saying this) stupid, unhappy woman. I think she's a busy body and a know it all, and she won't be happy until everyone else has a marriage just as miserable as her's is. She and Ken should have divorced years ago....

From the comments:

Lori Alexander:

· 13 minutes ago

I know many people who have married without feeling "in love" since love has nothing whatsoever to do with feelings. Love is a decision, a commitment just as loving God is a decision and a commitment, nothing to do with feelings. If you marry someone only because you "feel" in love with them, your marriage is doomed from the beginning.

***Disclaimer*** The comments of Lori's blog are kind of like a super secret journal. It's wrong to read them unless you agree with her, and she doesn't mean what she says. If you quote them directly, you may or may not be guilty of using Google tactics.

Love has nothing whatsoever to with feelings.

Say wha?

Love has nothing whatsoever to with feelings.

Say wha?

Love has do to with 10 minutes, lubrication, and serving others! Haven't you learned anything from Teacher Lori???

Archived