IGNORED

Why Ken Alexander is really on FJ

How can anyone take you seriously when you make absurd assertions that bear no relation to reality?

Google sanctions businesses. Just how, pray-tell, does a corporation "sanction" anyone or anything? Can Wal-Mart sanction me too? You make no sense. About this or anything else. Your railing against the "Google tactics" is just embarrassing but is, at least, much less harmful than the sanctimonious bloviating you and your wife while away most of your hours doing.

Fortunately, people today can easily post their warnings about dangerous teachers and teachings and expose them. While that may not feel fair to you I doubt most of us give a hoot about you. My concern is for the desperate woman searching for help who may fall prey to your scriptural perversions for a biblical marriage malarkey.

Oh, and a little research on Google will show you that it is Google itself which has been accused in various countries and contexts of manipulating search results. Also, it would seem the best way of altering search results to your liking would be to have just a tiny smidgen of those THOUSANDS of women the two of you have helped share the miraculous results of your teachings on the WWW.

It pains me to no end that you all make fun of, castigate, spew profanity at, and try to harm with your Google tactics a woman, yes, one of you, who has lived with chronic illnesses and and two brain tumor operations. A human being who has been through such pain and misery in life, you want to destroy further. Is there no shame anymore?

And to the ones who figured out why I am on FJ... I have a few reasons, not just one. Did you expect me to just ignore the F Bomb with the manipulation of the Google Crawler? Yes, Curious, clear manipulation. I have seen businesses which have been sanctioned by Google for similar behavior.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I just wasn't happy with the effectiveness of our Google Tactics[tm][/tm], so I went ahead and hired some wizards too. I hope Gandalf doesn't sanction us!

How can anyone take you seriously when you make absurd assertions that bear no relation to reality?

Google sanctions businesses. Just how, pray-tell, does a corporation "sanction" anyone or anything? Can Wal-Mart sanction me too? You make no sense. About this or anything else. Your railing against the "Google tactics" is just embarrassing but is, at least, much less harmful than the sanctimonious bloviating you and your wife while away most of your hours doing.

Fortunately, people today can easily post their warnings about dangerous teachers and teachings and expose them. While that may not feel fair to you I doubt most of us give a hoot about you. My concern is for the desperate woman searching for help who may fall prey to your scriptural perversions for a biblical marriage malarkey.

Oh, and a little research on Google will show you that it is Google itself which has been accused in various countries and contexts of manipulating search results. Also, it would seem the best way of altering search results to your liking would be to have just a tiny smidgen of those THOUSANDS of women the two of you have helped share the miraculous results of your teachings on the WWW.

Great first post! Welcome :)

Guys, I just wasn't happy with the effectiveness of our Google Tactics[tm][/tm], so I went ahead and hired some wizards too. I hope Gandalf doesn't sanction us!

He'll probably start slow and pull a random (made up on the spot) statistic out of his ass first. Magic! :lol:

A story somewhat apropos of the discussion about giving advice.

Friends of ours took us out to dinner last night to ask us some advice about running a business. One of the questions that came up was how does it work when you're partners in business and partners at home. Both of us didn't actually give advice about how to act with each other. We both talked about "things you should know." That it was stressful, sometimes, with work and personal conflicts. But that it was important to actively know you're in an inherently difficult stressful situation and it's not about being right or winning, but it's about coming up with a workable solution. And that taking a step back and cooling off is important.

We did talk about some situations we'd dealt with, but not as "this is what you should do" more "this is how it's working for us to handle things" and "this is what working it out looks like." Nothing about "you should submit more" or "you should tell him what you're doing" or anything specific. Just: this is hard to do, and you both need to be aware of that and work as a team.

I was thinking about this in context with Ken's "someone has to be IN CHARGE." While we both have our strengths (and weaknesses) neither of us are IN CHARGE of the business or the home. We are equal partners in the company, 50/50 straight down the middle. Decisions are made mutually, whether that's buying hardware or supplies for the company, making hiring decisions, making product decisions or whatever.

He'll probably start slow and pull a random (made up on the spot) statistic out of his ass first. Magic! :lol:

Why not? I thought everyone knew that 83% of internet statistics are made up on the spot!

Lori Alexander:

Ken always puts a lot of time and thought into the posts he writes {unlike me...I just whip them out!}

Because she's such a wise mentor/teacher, and she wants to put a lot of thought into the advice she's giving online.

Lori Alexander:

Because she's such a wise mentor/teacher, and she wants to put a lot of thought into the advice she's giving online.

But she spends so much time when it comes to giving out advice, according to Ken! How dare I say she takes the laziest way of mentoring.

But she spends so much time when it comes to giving out advice, according to Ken! How dare I say she takes the laziest way of mentoring.

I immediately thought of you and the point you've been trying to make when I read that. Lori has admitted that she:

~Is very simple minded and often has trouble understanding what her readers are talking about

~Puts little time or thought into her posts

This does not a wise mentor make.

Lori Alexander:

Ken always puts a lot of time and thought into the posts he writes {unlike me...I just whip them out!}

I made it very clear that I am not "pro-abuse" and frankly, you write a bit too intellectually for me. This is why I usually have Ken respond. My posts and thoughts are fairly simple. I am not a highly academic person. I would like to think I am a wise woman and that is all that matters to me. All your interpretations of words confuse me. I do read your responses but I don't always understand the point you are trying to make.

Ken Alexander:

I am responding from the head and heart on a fast basis, so to whack me over this is really unfair. I do not have time to proof read let along make sure I have communicated what I really mean to say... so give a little here. It is not like I have written books on this subject before... just giving a thoughtful opinion.

Ken, are you still here? The above quotes are just a few of the reasons that you and your wife aren't qualified to be giving advice on the internet....or umm, anywhere else for that matter :?

Why not? I thought everyone knew that 83% of internet statistics are made up on the spot!

Only forfty percent of all people know that.

Training a baby to sleep through the night at six weeks old is child abuse. They aren't meant to self soothe or go that long without eating - that's how your God designed them, Ken.

Here's why Ken is here. He pissed of some female employees of his clients. They did a little Googling and found Lori's bog. He got called on it. He just can't see why anybody would find anything wrong with Lori's godly blog. So, of course it has to be those feminists at FJ persecuting them. He just has to come here and set us straight. And, doggonit, he's going to make us pay by suing. FJ has sullied is good name and reputation. He also wonders how much money he could get in a settlement. Oh, and he thinks he and Lori shouldn't have to put up with negative criticism. I think that just about covers it.

Ken Alexander is a fucking son of a bitch.

Lori Alexander is a fucking monster.

Wait wait wait...I've been following all 500 Lori/Ken threads but must've missed where a client found and said something about the blog. Can I get details or directed to the page/thread?

Guys, I just wasn't happy with the effectiveness of our Google Tactics™ at the same time.

Do you think we should also give Hogwarts a call? Now that Voldemort is banished, maybe they have some time on their hands?

With Ken here I had totally forgotten the war on Easter. I'm behind on my duties.

With Ken here I had totally forgotten the war on Easter. I'm behind on my duties.

Right, you get on with that then, and I'm off to catch an owl to send to Hogwarts. :lol:

Wait wait wait...I've been following all 500 Lori/Ken threads but must've missed where a client found and said something about the blog. Can I get details or directed to the page/thread?

I kind of pulled that one out of my ass. But, can you really see Ken interacting with women in the secular business world with the same way he would men?

This is a bold faced lie, and you need to admit that. I have seen Lori admit to sleep training as young as 3 weeks (I am almost certain it was on facebook), but I am limited on what I can view from her history on that particular site. I am not, however, limited as to what I can see on her own site history, and the following are her exact words:

(six weeks: also known as NOT a "few months")

What is this knowledge based on, because it sounds to me like she did it for selfish reasons:

When warned that this could be a potential health issue, Lori responded:

When asked if she got up to check on them if they continued crying Lori responded:

Thank god I didn't follow Lori's advice. My kid is 3.5 years old and he hasn't slept through the night since the day he was born. Turns out, he has a sleeping disorder. If I had just left him to cry or spanked him for hours, it would have done nothing to remedy the situation, but would have caused mental damage and destroyed our bond. Sometimes, infants/toddlers don't sleep for a reason. Instead of taking the easy way out, better advice would be to figure out what the problem is and seek help in fixing it if you can't do it on your own.

Wait...there is a war on Easter now, too? I'm still behind on my War on Christmas duties and now there are Easter ones? I missed a memo somewhere :(

My kid is 3.5 years old

How is this possible already? You were *just* pregnant and we were all talking about whether you would change your name on the forum.

How is this possible already? You were *just* pregnant and we were all talking about whether you would change your name on the forum.

I know, right? Time flies. I feel like I was just in the hospital delivering him and now he's a pre-schooler.

Wait...there is a war on Easter now, too? I'm still behind on my War on Christmas duties and now there are Easter ones? I missed a memo somewhere :(

I think the ones warring against Easter are the fundies. 'Cos it's really a pagan holiday and stuff. Oh, and it's fun and uplifting so a definite no-no.

To all UK FJers, if you find you have just too many Easter eggs this year, send them my way. We just don't get them here.

Thank god I didn't follow Lori's advice. My kid is 3.5 years old and he hasn't slept through the night since the day he was born. Turns out, he has a sleeping disorder. If I had just left him to cry or spanked him for hours, it would have done nothing to remedy the situation, but would have caused mental damage and destroyed our bond. Sometimes, infants/toddlers don't sleep for a reason. Instead of taking the easy way out, better advice would be to figure out what the problem is and seek help in fixing it if you can't do it on your own.

For the record, your lie about us spanking our babies for for hours is very offensive. We NEVER spanked a child until they were much older and NEVER spanked for not sleeping and NEVER spanked more than 5-10 seconds at a time. And no in four hours the child might have been spanked a total of 60 seconds and this might have happened once in their lifetime anything more than the modest 5-10 seconds of swats.

I am sorry that your child has a sleeping disorder, but I can promise you that allowing your baby to cry themselves to sleep a few nights between the age of 6-12 weeks would not cause a sleeping disorder. If we had had any issue with our children sleeping through the night we might have rethought allowing them to continue to cry, but crying for 30 minutes or less then off to sleep over 2-3 nights help make our children into great sleepers very early in life... every one of them.

I don't get your logic because either you would have discovered that what Lori and others have suggested works, or you would have found that for this particular child it does not. either way a parent must deal with the specific child, so why not try to let the baby develop good sleeping habits at a young age, then deal with their inability to sleep quickly if one sees that "self-soothing" is not working.

You must know the debate on this subject is still wide open with studies on both sides trying ton support both positions. If a parent tries what we and others advocate and it does not work quickly and relatively easily in a week, then they can try other things or seek professional counsel.

Trying the "self-soothing" approach has huge merits as seen in some studies, especially in the fact that such babies often have much happier and psychologically rested parents. When a parent chases a child's every cry they put themselves on a schedule that is impossible. Many babies may cry for no apparent reason even when being held or fed. Colic is common in babies and a mother holding a Colicky baby hours on end while they cry will severely impact the sanity of the parent(s) and not allow her the ability to properly care for her other children.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/24/health/ch ... e-enayati/

You get to parent however you like... but to put down a parent for their parenting when it was a successful approach for them, seems quite ungracious and unfair. Especially to then add inflammatory lies about our spanking our very young babies. That is uncalled for and untrue.

Perhaps if you wanted to really know the truth you might ask us what we might have done if our children had not learned quickly to sleep through the night. We might have done just as you have in that case, but certainly we would have first tried the easy way until it proves itself wrong after 2-5 nights of trying to let the baby cry back to sleep when they wake up in the middle of the night.

The ever living fuck, 1 minute of spanking. I counted and that's close to hitting the child between 30-40 times/minute. That could equate to hitting the child somewhere between 1800-2400 times in an hour's time should a person have the energy and since the Pearls advocate hitting a child with an object, imagine being smacked by an object that many times. :pink-shock: Spanking/hitting, sorry, same thing to me as I can't see the difference except in name, so coming back that they aren't the same won't do anything for me. Heard it before. Regardless, that many times being hit with something, maybe a little less due to energy levels, but even half that many times is too many. Once is too many imo, but I digress. It's not so shocking anymore to hear about children dying from the methods when you realize how many times a child can be hit using the logic of only about 60 seconds of hitting and that's all. I'm of child-bearing age and I didn't get winded hitting a belt on my chair softly, but enough that if it was a person would have caused some pain, in 60 seconds time. An angry parent could easily go way overboard with the method. :( I don't even have children and the very thought of doing that to a child makes me :cry:

Archived