IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

Did you see that Nolan left you a joke on that thread about lawyers and engineers?

No, really! :::runs over to look:::

:lol: :lol: :lol: Excellent. Although Nolan owes me a new keyboard!

Hi Nolan! :greetings-wavingblue:

Seriously though, I agree with Debrand; lawyers are not the enemy. It should be easy enough to find one with no affiliation to VF. Hero needs legal representation for her own protection. Also, if Nolan gets any legal threats from DP he should consult an attorney fast.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll admit it, the joke made me laugh.However, I wish that many of these people weren't so afraid of involving civil authorities.

Hero would have client confidentiality and it wouldn't hurt her to just talk to a lawyer who wasn't affiliated with Vision Forum. I am concerned that she and other potential victims don't have legal protection.

I don't think that this particular group is afraid of civil authorities, just wary of snakes.

Wary of snakes? VF had a giant anaconda in its midst.

ETA: I highly recommend M. Night Shamalan's "The Village". Many parallels can been drawn between the movie and certain controlling religious groups we are acquainted with.

I don't think that this particular group is afraid of civil authorities, just wary of snakes.

It isn't as if the lawyer would lock her in the closet during the first visit and force her to accept legal representation. Hero can always refuse to see the lawyer after the initial visit. I think a lot of people on this site are worried not just about her but other potential victims. It is hard for me to believe that someone with as big an ego as Doug Phillips isn't looking for some other vulnerable girl to take Hero's place. I hope that I am wrong.

Seems as though a member of FJ might have befriended Nolan.

I don't know who befriended him but unless they are writing things that contradict what they say on this forum, I don't see it as a problem either.

I don't know who befriended him but unless they are writing things that contradict what they say on this forum, I don't see it as a problem either.

Neither do I, and I don't care to speculate about their identity. I just thought it was funny that an older, more secular woman is now giving him (good) motherly advice. (He needs it!)

Just so I understand... "Inappropriate physical contact" did occur between DFIAT and Hero? This topic has taken so many twists and turns lately?

Just so I understand... "Inappropriate physical contact" did occur between DFIAT and Hero? This topic has taken so many twists and turns lately?

Confirmed by the Tool himself in the "clarification" issued on VFM, November 14, 2013.

My resignation is sincere and necessary given the weightiness of my sin. Some reading the words of my resignation have questioned if there was an inappropriate physical component with an unmarried woman. There was, and it was intermittent over a period of years.

Whatever "an inappropriate physical component" is and what the meaning of the word "is" is.

In other news, Julie Anne has a good new post up. The comments are interesting too.

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/03/05/how-influential-was-doug-phillips-and-his-teachings/

In other news, Julie Anne has a good new post up. The comments are interesting too.

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/03/05/how-influential-was-doug-phillips-and-his-teachings/

I wonder if the person in that article still holds those views. He had some sort of disaffection with SB that seemed to have left him a bit disillusioned.

Confirmed by the Tool himself in the "clarification" issued on VFM, November 14, 2013.

Whatever "an inappropriate physical component" is and what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Yes, and that is one of the things so maddening about this. It seems so deliberate, so careful so as to not go all of the way and leave him in a jam. Very cleverly hidden.

Yes, and that is one of the things so maddening about this. It seems so deliberate, so careful so as to not go all of the way and leave him in a jam. Very cleverly hidden.

I agree. It seems to me that Doug has been caught but he doesn't want to completely face the (legal?) consequences of what he has done. I do feel bad for his family, though. I know things have got to be difficult for his children for a whole variety of reasons.

I grew up in a very conservative, reformed church and this episode reminds me so much of things that happened there- though on a much smaller scale. We had pastors who were well-known regionally but nothing so influential as VF. The admonitions not to "gossip", hinting around everything, etc.. are all looking terribly familiar.

This is a fairly typical example of Doug's blog entries - pontificating + commercial messages interspersed with family & sycophant photos and name-dropping.

And hot chicks! Lots of them!

I feel a lot of concern for Doug's children and wife. It must be very difficult to have your life change so rapidly. Hopefully, no one shuns his children. They are not guilty of any wrong and are, in many ways, victims also.

CloaknDagger, you don't have to answer this if it is too sensitive a question. Did you know the Phillips children well? To an outsider, it seemed that he favored some children over others. Is that true? I admit, I often thought that he liked Joshua and Victoria best but it is impossible to judge from photos and short videos. I don't want to hurt his kids so if you think that they would read here and discover an answer that might hurt them, you can ignore the question, of course.

And hot chicks! Lots of them!

I think a lot of us saw that he was friendly with all of the girls and that made it easy to dismiss the possibility that one in particular was getting the wrong kind of attention. A lot of those same girls still seem willing to defend him oddly enough.

I feel a lot of concern for Doug's children and wife. It must be very difficult to have your life change so rapidly. Hopefully, no one shuns his children. They are not guilty of any wrong and are, in many ways, victims also.

I certainly wouldn't, though I hope that they realize the truth of what has gone on. It will be easy to be bitter and angry about the change in lifestyle.

CloaknDagger, you don't have to answer this if it is too sensitive a question. Did you know the Phillips children well? To an outsider, it seemed that he favored some children over others. Is that true? I admit, I often thought that he liked Joshua and Victoria best but it is impossible to judge from photos and short videos. I don't want to hurt his kids so if you think that they would read here and discover an answer that might hurt them, you can ignore the question, of course.

I do know them fairly well. It would be my observation that there was an element of favoritism, but that changed over the years in different directions. I'm concerned that the girls don't seem very joyful and seem more moody and sad even before this. Almost like something wasn't right at home and they knew it but couldn't talk about it.

Doug's post-resignation message confirmed inappropriate physical contact, but I don't think there is confirmation of who the woman was anywhere yet.

Doug's post-resignation message confirmed inappropriate physical contact, but I don't think there is confirmation of who the woman was anywhere yet.

It's not like it's a big secret.

It's not like it's a big secret.

Like Thoughtful, I don't think the woman in the case has been named publicly anywhere yet. Until she makes a public anouncement herself, which she is under no obligation to do, we have a tacit agreement NOT to name her here, CloakNDagger. You may already know that but there is no harm in a friendly warning.

But, was this the only thing that caused DPIAT to step down from BCA, some, VF royalty to distance themselves from DPIA, and the downfall of VFM and VFI? Were any other women involved or victimized? Was money a factor? So much has been speculated, that I 'm confused. Rereading all of the threads on this topic doesn't help at all.

But, was this the only thing that caused DPIAT to step down from BCA, some, VF royalty to distance themselves from DPIA, and the downfall of VFM and VFI? Were any other women involved or victimized? Was money a factor? So much has been speculated, that I 'm confused. Rereading all of the threads on this topic doesn't help at all.

I'm afraid the only people who can answer most of those questions are the people who were in the room when the VFM Board of Directors made its decision to topple Doug from his pedestal. And they are not talking

The answer to the other women question: Only Doug himself and any (speculated) women who were treated "inappropriately" by Doug Phillips. They are not talking - yet.

All else is tales told by speculators, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. (My apologies to the Bard of Avon.)

And we still don't know where Dougie the tool is hiding out these days?

How can such a tool with that many kids go all underground on us?

I keep having this weird nightmarish thought that he might have moved to my city.....

And we still don't know where Dougie the tool is hiding out these days?

How can such a tool with that many kids go all underground on us?

I keep having this weird nightmarish thought that he might have moved to my city.....

I have been wondering too. Having lost his job how is he managing to carry on without a job, wife who is a SAHM and that many kids? I am guessing he amassed some $$ that he's living off of and trying to keep under the radar but even that won't go on forever. DPIAT will have to surface some time.

I have been wondering too. Having lost his job how is he managing to carry on without a job, wife who is a SAHM and that many kids? I am guessing he amassed some $$ that he's living off of and trying to keep under the radar but even that won't go on forever. DPIAT will have to surface some time.

He & his family are reportedly living in or near San Antonio still. Sometime after the new year they moved to a very nice house -- maybe not quite as nice the one they were in, paid for by Jim Leininger -- but still pretty nice.

Re: living expenses. There are speculations that Doug Phillips Is A Tool skimmed quite a bit of cash and/or things that can be liquidated into cash (like all those Canon L-lenses) from both VFI and VFM before they were shut down. Unless a VFI creditor sues, the corporate veil covering VFI's finances may never be lifted for us to peer underneath. VFM was a 501-©3 non-profit but it's not clear there how much if any disclosure there would be of its finances, even though non-profits are supposed to have some level of accountability.

Perry C. posts on Facebook: "I hate the abuse of authority in any form." James McD. replies: "Yep."

facebook.com/pcoghlan/posts/10203283636670116?stream_ref=10

Archived