IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

Brother-in-law Dillon G. calls Nolan out for his support of Jen: "Nolan, even if you were right and Jen had more courage than Nate or Phillip, (which I do not agree) she has waisted it on lies and gossip, distorting the truth and causing disgrace to Christianity. What good has her supposed courage caused?"

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/636307033083470?stream_ref=10

Dillon's Facebook page, which includes his engagement and wedding to Nolan's sister, Clara. Dillon also seems to love the VF cosplay.

facebook.com/dillontgrady

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brother-in-law Dillon G. calls Nolan out for his support of Jen: "Nolan, even if you were right and Jen had more courage than Nate or Phillip, (which I do not agree) she has waisted it on lies and gossip, distorting the truth and causing disgrace to Christianity. What good has her supposed courage caused?"

Dillon's Facebook page, which includes his engagement and wedding to Nolan's sister, Clara. Dillon also seems to love the VF cosplay.

Nolan, I've attempted to address this with you privately, but you refused to give me straight answers or listen to any of my cautions to you concerning your unwarranted and vitriolic attacks against Peter. You are behaving like a fool (Proverbs 10:18, 12:15, 12:23, 13:6, 15:2, 17:10, 18:2, 18:6-7, 20:3, 29:9, 29:11). I urge you once again to stop broadcasting your foolishness for the entire world to see. It is only serving to make you look bad.

I call this the 'Yeah, but I got bible verses fool!' maneuver. Actually if he is concerned with looking like a fool, Nathan Bates would just say what he had to say and stop with the passive aggressive bible verse slinging.

To be honest, I would be pissed about my mother being slut-shamed as well.

Hi again, Nolan! I must say I like your reply to Dillon! I apologize for making fun of some of your prior interactions with FB "friends". What you say to Dillon is clear and helpful. It must be very diffi-CULT to have close family still (I assume) in the First Church of Doug. I suppose Dillon and your sister have this same problem, or else are still in it themselves.

I forgot that Dillon was Mrs. Robinson's son. That would piss me off too. Even if the allegations were true, there was no need for Jen to post the woman's photo or use her real name. In fact, I never understood the point of telling the story. Dillon and Nolan seemed to have made up in the comment section so Nolan must have the support of his sister in some fashion. That is good

Sometimes I find myself forgetting who is related to who and I have been on this forum a long time.

I would be a tad upset also. In the matter of the slut-shaming, Nolan did say he viewed Jen and TW as pawns ("pawns" not conveying to me, at least an image of courage). Personally, I'd put them in Nolan's "obscurer" category on the topic of Mrs R.

I forgot that Dillon was Mrs. Robinson's son. That would piss me off too. Even if the allegations were true, there was no need for Jen to post the woman's photo or use her real name. In fact, I never understood the point of telling the story. Dillon and Nolan seemed to have made up in the comment section so Nolan must have the support of his sister in some fashion. That is good

Sometimes I find myself forgetting who is related to who and I have been on this forum a long time.

Pure gossip, speculation and request for same follows. On the topic of Mrs R's photo-- just a little curious. Dougie plastered thousands of photos and movies of all sorts of people all over the world-wide-web. I looked through a whole lot of them after toolo'ween. Admittedly, I wasn't searching for pics of Mrs R. Still, I can't remember a seeing a single one. Numerous manly me adventuring all over the world. Numerous happy little (joke) VF families geographizing all over the world! Hero geographizing all over the world! Hero, Kelly B, Intern Darnell, Be-All and kids in the Brown home. Young Jtitsup and his "Big Sister" Hero in the South Seas. Hero, Be-All, Kids and Interns having Thanksgiving dinner. Be-All and Hero sewing costumes. Hero wearing a large (paste?!) rock on her ring finger. Etc etc. Any pics of the Robinson family in happier days? Maybe saved on FJ? I do think, though she might not be a Jezebel, there's something odd between Mrs R and the tool. Jen said they knew each other when her sainted brother was 4 years old. The neighbor (whom I trust more than I do Jen) said Mrs R often visited the plantation house when Be-All was away. Not for tooling around, I wouldn't think, since each is a little old for each other. But why? Is -- a puzzlement!

Pure gossip, speculation and request for same follows. On the topic of Mrs R's photo-- just a little curious. Dougie plastered thousands of photos and movies of all sorts of people all over the world-wide-web. I looked through a whole lot of them after toolo'ween. Admittedly, I wasn't searching for pics of Mrs R. Still, I can't remember a seeing a single one. Numerous manly me adventuring all over the world. Numerous happy little (joke) VF families geographizing all over the world! Hero geographizing all over the world! Hero, Kelly B, Intern Darnell, Be-All and kids in the Brown home. Young Jtitsup and his "Big Sister" Hero in the South Seas. Hero, Be-All, Kids and Interns having Thanksgiving dinner. Be-All and Hero sewing costumes. Hero wearing a large (paste?!) rock on her ring finger. Etc etc. Any pics of the Robinson family in happier days? Maybe saved on FJ? I do think, though she might not be a Jezebel, there's something odd between Mrs R and the tool. Jen said they knew each other when her sainted brother was 4 years old. The neighbor (whom I trust more than I do Jen) said Mrs R often visited the plantation house when Be-All was away. Not for tooling around, I wouldn't think, since each is a little old for each other. But why? Is -- a puzzlement!

Yep, I've wondered about that, too. Very strange.

*Removed picture*

Searched around a bit (secret sources) and found this old photo from Jamestown. It's hosted anonymously, so don't try and figure out where I got it from. I for one think that the stuff over on Jen's Gems related to this story and one other is definitely evidence that some of their stuff makes them look like a pawn. It looks like Eston took some disgruntled (with reason) people's testimony at 100% face value when there may be more or less to the story. Dillon's anger is probably justified and that backs up what I was saying about Eston's work being tainted by it's presence at her site.

Searched around a bit (secret sources) and found this old photo from Jamestown. It's hosted anonymously, so don't try and figure out where I got it from. I for one think that the stuff over on Jen's Gems related to this story and one other is definitely evidence that some of their stuff makes them look like a pawn. It looks like Eston took some disgruntled (with reason) people's testimony at 100% face value when there may be more or less to the story. Dillon's anger is probably justified and that backs up what I was saying about Eston's work being tainted by it's presence at her site.

But was this photo on Doug's Blog? Because that's what we're talking about. I followed the blog for years before the scandal and don't recall ever seeing this woman or her name, even though Doug seemed to be fixated on her brother.

Please don't misunderstand me: I am NOT defending Jen or Eston. I've said right from the start that Jen is unstable and that both she and Eston were being played by false "leakers." But I still find it odd that a woman who was a member of BCA and participated in VF events (as your photo proves) was so consistently absent at the same time her brother was being lauded by Doug as the second coming of Spurgeon.

Look who had the nerve to "Like" this statement by Nolan:

"The sadest part of all this is that Nathaniel Darnell has no concept of Predator or First Degree Sexual Sin. First Degree Sexual Sin is (1) Premeditated, (2) Executed, and (3) Covered. We aren't talking about 'long fatherly hugs', Darnell."

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/638660802848093?stream_ref=10

Why, if it isn't Perry C.!

But was this photo on Doug's Blog? Because that's what we're talking about. I followed the blog for years before the scandal and don't recall ever seeing this woman or her name, even though Doug seemed to be fixated on her brother.

Please don't misunderstand me: I am NOT defending Jen or Eston. I've said right from the start that Jen is unstable and that both she and Eston were being played by false "leakers." But I still find it odd that a woman who was a member of BCA and participated in VF events (as your photo proves) was so consistently absent at the same time her brother was being lauded by Doug as the second coming of Spurgeon.

Ah, no. My reading comprehension must've shorted out there.

I've been reading Doug's Blog since 2004 and I don't recall the woman in question ever being identified by name or even relationship (to her brother). If she was shown in any photos, it was without being named.

Here is a link to someone's cache of Doug's Blog for October 2004: vftonline.org/XianAnarch/cause/bush/www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2004_10_01_index.htm

This is a fairly typical example of Doug's blog entries - pontificating + commercial messages interspersed with family & sycophant photos and name-dropping.

Longtime FJers will recognize a number of people, including a younger Kelly (Brown) Bradrick:

2004-Faith-and43R.jpg

Well done, Nolan (facebook.com/nolan.manteufel?fref=ts) & Ryan Short (facebook.com/RyanShortCFI/posts/10203303083484059).

The very one and the same. Doug Phillips Is A Tool idolized him and his effing 10 Commandments monument.

Roy Moore -- and his lovely wife -- were featured regularly & prominently in the temporarily mothballed now-defunct Doug's Blog.

Son of a bitch! He needs to be ousted and taken down a peg or two!

Son of a bitch! He needs to be ousted and taken down a peg or two!

See, that is a sad outcome of people being gullible to these guys. I think that there are some folks that VF promoted that are ok folks to one degree or another but DP (who boasted about this privately as one of his greatest abilities) was very good at going to people and flattering them, and bringing them to the table for some event or project even if they weren't normally friendly to each other elsewhere. He brought a lot of people under one big, ecumenical tent and made 'me all feel good.

Well done, Nolan (facebook.com/nolan.manteufel?fref=ts) & Ryan Short (facebook.com/RyanShortCFI/posts/10203303083484059).

Well done indeed, Nolan and Ryan!

It is sad, however, that their follow-up comments seems to indicate the belief that because Doug Phillips is a lawyer and N. Darnell is a lawyer (sort of) all lawyers work for Satan.

The programming against involving secular law enforcement and the legal system system is very strong.

Of course *all* lawyers don't work for Satan... just as *all* cops don't eat doughnuts and *all* wall street bankers are not greedy bastards. That said, most stereotypes *do* exist for a reason... ;)

The programming against involving secular law enforcement and the legal system system is very strong.

While this is strong inside of the world of Christianity, I think most folks, secular as well, try and avoid the involvement of law enforcement and the legal system for a variety of reasons and will look to them as a last resort option. Not saying this is a good thing in all cases, clearly it is not, but we humans are a bit predisposed to thinking that things aren't as bad as they seem and when we finally come to the conclusion that, yes, things are *that* bad it is often either too late or we've become more involved then we should have and are now fearful that calling the authorities will get *us* in trouble as well.

Wow... that was a long sentence. Sorry to inflict that on everybody.

EDITED: cause I screwed up the quote.

Not relevant to the Jens Gems/Facebook, etc.. discussion immediately preceding, but thought you all would find this interesting. One of the Vision Forum affiliates is now addressing the fall of VF and Gothard (sort of) on her blog. Remember Modest Mom?

I never liked her ideas on modesty stuff, but in this post, I do think she makes some good points. It sounds like she's come to realize that some of the VF and ATI teachings are not only flawed but harmful. She's the first of the VF affiliate bloggers that I've seen post publicly about this; I wonder if there will be more to come. Perhaps there's hope.

Here's the link - themodestmomblog.com/2014/03/is-your-family-build-on-homeschoolers-are-god/

Not relevant to the Jens Gems/Facebook, etc.. discussion immediately preceding, but thought you all would find this interesting. One of the Vision Forum affiliates is now addressing the fall of VF and Gothard (sort of) on her blog. Remember Modest Mom?

I never liked her ideas on modesty stuff, but in this post, I do think she makes some good points. It sounds like she's come to realize that some of the VF and ATI teachings are not only flawed but harmful. She's the first of the VF affiliate bloggers that I've seen post publicly about this; I wonder if there will be more to come. Perhaps there's hope.

Here's the link - themodestmomblog.com/2014/03/is-your-family-build-on-homeschoolers-are-god/

Why, Ms. Generation Cedar (a.k.a. Kelly "Two Chicken Breasts") herself has commented on Modest Mom's post:

Caroline,

You have spoken well. Perhaps, if there is good to come from this, it is causing thousands of families to make sure their eyes our on the Father instead of a man. I am speaking on one of the things you mentioned–â€why we do the things we do†tonight in a live webinar. I won’t put the link here just because I don’t mean for this comment to be an advertisement ;-) but the link is on my blog for anyone interested in hearing more about this important topic you’ve brought up.

Thanks. The majority of the comments thank her and I wonder if others are going to start blogging similar thoughts soon.

Wasn't she also calling out Maxwell with the TV reference? Per Stevo, TV is the BEAST!

Modly note: Yes, it is against the TOS.

From the TOS (http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15301):

See, that is a sad outcome of people being gullible to these guys. I think that there are some folks that VF promoted that are ok folks to one degree or another but DP (who boasted about this privately as one of his greatest abilities) was very good at going to people and flattering them, and bringing them to the table for some event or project even if they weren't normally friendly to each other elsewhere. He brought a lot of people under one big, ecumenical tent and made 'me all feel good.

I live in Alabama, and did not vote for Roy Moore when he ran for governor. Now, I want him removed as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court.

Well done indeed, Nolan and Ryan!

It is sad, however, that their follow-up comments seems to indicate the belief that because Doug Phillips is a lawyer and N. Darnell is a lawyer (sort of) all lawyers work for Satan.

Did you see that Nolan left you a joke on that thread about lawyers and engineers?

I'll admit it, the joke made me laugh.However, I wish that many of these people weren't so afraid of involving civil authorities.

Hero would have client confidentiality and it wouldn't hurt her to just talk to a lawyer who wasn't affiliated with Vision Forum. I am concerned that she and other potential victims don't have legal protection.

Archived