IGNORED

Happy Birthday John Maxwell! (Merged)

SPHASH

Crazy Maxwell eyes aside, he's probably the best looking of the menz. However, given how hard Steve and Teri had to work to break him, he's also probably been marinated in the fundie beyond all hope of redemption. He was their problem child, after all. When I think of John, I think of Winston Smith at the end of 1984. "He loved Big Brother."

I forget the back story... Why was he considered the problem child? Did he not want to give up sports?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forget the back story... Why was he considered the problem child? Did he not want to give up sports?

He was a normal kid who asked questions and dawdled over his homework and had moments of bad attitude.

He's a reversal, so he never played sports or had friends. He did have to give up the guitar because he enjoyed it too much and was too good at it, which is why Mary now plays guitar (very averagely) and he plays another instrument.

They did manage to quash his spirit - when he "graduated" he took Teri out to lunch to thank her for persevering with him and his education.

He was a normal kid who asked questions and dawdled over his homework and had moments of bad attitude.

He's a reversal, so he never played sports or had friends. He did have to give up the guitar because he enjoyed it too much and was too good at it, which is why Mary now plays guitar (very averagely) and he plays another instrument.

They did manage to quash his spirit - when he "graduated" he took Teri out to lunch to thank her for persevering with him and his education.

Steve & Teri are just as bad as the Pearls. Who does that stuff to their child? Stupid asshats. Jesus will get you Steve. I promise!!

Can a new post-count title be "Thinking About Something"?

Pretty please?? :wink-kitty:

I think it's should be 'something to think about...'

23 years old, not going to college, still living at home. Great parenting there Stevie and Teri. Wonder if he will get two animal crackers for his birthday. Or be subject to a visit to the wildlife safari.

No wild animal park. That is reserved for really important birthdays, like Steve's 60th.

No wild animal park. That is reserved for really important birthdays, like Steve's 60th.

They went there for Sarah's 31st last year.

That was to distract her from the fact that she is officially in her thirties and closer to menopause than menarche but STILL no married.

Archived