IGNORED

Happy Birthday John Maxwell! (Merged)

SPHASH

23 years old, not going to college, still living at home. Great parenting there Stevie and Teri. Wonder if he will get two animal crackers for his birthday. Or be subject to a visit to the wildlife safari.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And family time.

Not just plain family time, but special family time.

Here's a birthday wish for John Maxwell: John, I hope that this year you do something this year that is more interesting than being able to drink "a strong, black cup of coffee, with no sweetener whatsoever". If you need ideas about what to do, I am sure that all the lovely people at FJ would be happy to offer suggestions. Here's mine: go on a date (for fun), drink a bit too much, dance wildly then make out (you might want to go to their place and not yours) with the partner of your choice (use condoms!).

Sarah posted the following shout outs about him:

Before John was born, we studied John the Baptist (see John 1:1-36 as an example). Dad and Mom decided John would be the baby’s name if he was a boy, and he was.

He loves the Lord Jesus.

He can drink a strong, black cup of coffee, with no sweetener whatsoever (gulp!).

He is a practical, very handy, fix-it guy. If John can’t fix it, you’re in trouble.

He is a hard worker.

He loves to help others.

He is a gifted troubleshooter.

John is a master at mudding, sanding, and caulking.

One she missed? He defrauds a bunch of older ladies on FJ with every photo of himself.

Don't most people say "mom and dad" instead of "dad and mom?"

John has a very small list of talents. Doesn't he? I could say more than that about MY brother, who I don't live with and don't know very well at all.

John has a very small list of talents. Doesn't he? I could say more than that about MY brother, who I don't live with and don't know very well at all.

No, no. In patriarchy, Dad always comes first, even though Mom does all the work.

I'd like to see John be a model for Abercrombie or something. Run, John, run! And take Mary with you! Coffee, however you like it, is always warm at my house!

I read that a lot (dad & mom) in the Fundie blogs. I too am bothered by that.

Come here to me, John. I've got a present for you that has nothing to do with black coffee, your parents, the bible, or Jesus.

However, you may be mentioning God over and over, and in a very loud voice.

Compared to the other Maxwells, he's almost accomplished.

Here's the list of noteworthy things about Teri, posted on her birthday last year:

Loves the Lord Jesus with her whole heart.

Has been married to Dad for almost 40 years.

Is nearing the end of her homeschooling journey (almost 30 years!)

Is an amazing mom/grandma.

Loves her grandchildren to pieces and delights in playing and reading to them.

Is a long-distance Titus2 mentor to countless ladies across the world through her books and monthly Corner.

Other than the first point (which is a given in that household) everything on that list is about the role she fills, nothing is about her. At least John's love of coffee gets a mention. We all know what happened to Teri's pepsi.

Compared to the other Maxwells, he's almost accomplished.

Here's the list of noteworthy things about Teri, posted on her birthday last year:

Other than the first point (which is a given in that household) everything on that list is about the role she fills, nothing is about her. At least John's love of coffee gets a mention. We all know what happened to Teri's pepsi.

Well, at least it's better than an older birthday post that mentioned how when the kids were younger, she looked forward to the time she could send them off to school until the lord (Stevus) laid it on her heart to homeschool instead.

BTW, Sarah. I've been drinking my coffee black without sweetener since my very first cup over 40 years ago. Drinking black, unsweetened coffee is not noteworthy, nor does it make one unique.

Haha, the ability to drink black coffee without sweeteners was also one of Jesse's birthday "facts".

Oh what a manly man he is! My boyfriend prefers his coffee with cream and sugar-I think God is laying on my heart that perhaps he may not be the one for me due to his girly coffee preference.

Happy birthday John! Can't wait to see more pictures of your birthday celebration, involving even more special family time, burritos, and maybe, just maybe, 3 animal crackers :cracking-up:

Come here to me, John. I've got a present for you that has nothing to do with black coffee, your parents, the bible, or Jesus.

However, you may be mentioning God over and over, and in a very loud voice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap:

Before John was born, we studied John the Baptist (see John 1:1-36 as an example). Dad and Mom decided John would be the baby’s name if he was a boy, and he was.

He loves the Lord Jesus.

He can drink a strong, black cup of coffee, with no sweetener whatsoever (gulp!).

He is a practical, very handy, fix-it guy. If John can’t fix it, you’re in trouble.

He is a hard worker.

He loves to help others.

One she missed? He defrauds a bunch of older ladies on FJ with every photo of himself.

What does "mudding" mean in Sarah's world? Certainly she doesn't mean what some of her neighborswould mean by it.

He loves the Lord Jesus.

He is a hard worker.

He loves to help others.

I misread troubleshooter as troublemaker at first. Oh, how much more exciting that would have been.

Forget my brother -- I could probably have written a more personalized birthday post for some of the barely-remembered people I went to school with ten years ago. But I guess when having interests and hobbies are Against Jesus, it's hard to distinguish one sibling from the next.

Haha, the ability to drink black coffee without sweeteners was also one of Jesse's birthday "facts".

Sounds like coffee's a bit of an idol in that household...hang on, no, I didn't mean that, please don't take it away from them; heaven knows they need whatever joy they can get.

Man, if one of the most important birthday facts I came up with about Mr Snowe was that he prefers his coffee with milk (though prefers a mocha with whipped cream), I would feel as though I hadn't been paying attention to him as a person.

Archived