IGNORED

Happy Birthday John Maxwell! (Merged)

SPHASH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Betting my morning coffee (2 spoons of sugar) that "mudding" refers to drywall installation in this case.

Probably not hanging out in text-only "Multiple User Dimension/Dungeon" game chatrooms on the internet circa 1990, which is what it meant to me :)

I'll add too that I love my coffee black (and often iced!) and I'm a fan of straight espresso. Yes, as a woman.

Happy Birthday John, you are one year closer to death I doubt you are any closer to freedom from your father.

I read that a lot (dad & mom) in the Fundie blogs. I too am bothered by that.

The 'dad and mom' destroys the type A person in me. Nope nope nope nope.

But yeah. Happy one year closer to, uh, death and Jesus.

The 'dad and mom' destroys the type A person in me. Nope nope nope nope.

But yeah. Happy one year closer to, uh, death and Jesus.

Really? When I write out the seemingly-infinite gift tags on my kids' Xmas presents I try to alternate between "Mom and Dad" and "Dad and Mom"... I figure he deserves top billing at least some of the time.... (but not all the time ;-))

Happy birthday John. I'd ease you into the real world carefully. I'd bake you a cake, take you to a non-religious movie, let you loose in the library to read whatever book takes your fancy. I'd introduce you to people who were't your family, and leave some course guidebooks for universities or polytechnic around, in case anything catches your eye.

Sarah posted the following shout outs about him:

Before John was born, we studied John the Baptist (see John 1:1-36 as an example). Dad and Mom decided John would be the baby’s name if he was a boy, and he was.

He loves the Lord Jesus.

He can drink a strong, black cup of coffee, with no sweetener whatsoever (gulp!).

He is a practical, very handy, fix-it guy. If John can’t fix it, you’re in trouble.

He is a hard worker.

He loves to help others.

He is a gifted troubleshooter.

John is a master at mudding, sanding, and caulking.

One she missed? He defrauds a bunch of older ladies on FJ with every photo of himself.

To the bold, if this was geometry that would be referred to as "a given".....

I'm betting ham and cheese casserole for dinner with chocolate sherbert and brownies for dessert and a an evening of "special bible time."

If we don't get a bed photo, I'm going to be irked.

A bed photo? You thinking of the Arndts?

Really? When I write out the seemingly-infinite gift tags on my kids' Xmas presents I try to alternate between "Mom and Dad" and "Dad and Mom"... I figure he deserves top billing at least some of the time.... (but not all the time ;-))

I just get twitchy when things get mixed up like that. I'm incredibly anal and type A.

What does "mudding" mean in Sarah's world? Certainly she doesn't mean what some of her neighborswould mean by it.

If Sarah knew what some of the slang definitions for mudding were it would probably give her heart failure. (i.e. references to interracial and anal sex over on Urban Dictionary)

Well whadda you know? I just so happen to need a master sander, caulker and mudder! For reals people. I'm in the middle of an extensive interior redecoration project on a 1926 farmhouse and an ahem handyman would be most helpful. John, come to mama and pay no attention to that harlot kpmom :lol:

Well, well, well. In the comments everyone gets a "Thank You" except for someone named Megan who gets a "Thank You !!". Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :think: :think: :think:

Well whadda you know? I just so happen to need a master sander, caulker and mudder! For reals people. I'm in the middle of an extensive interior redecoration project on a 1926 farmhouse and an ahem handyman would be most helpful. John, come to mama and pay no attention to that harlot kpmom :lol:

John, when that tramp NellieBell calls you over to get an estimate on her farmhouse, just tell her you are busy giving Uriah a lube job.

She just wants to watch your caulk harden, and for you to use your tool to sand her walls.

Does Steve realise that the zip on the jacket John is wearing in his birthday post draws attention to his crotch and is probably even more defrauding than contrasting buttons?

You are sullying the minds of the young ladies (and some young gentlemen) who read your blog, Steve, and now they won't go to their bridegrooms as pure as Jesus himself, a small piece of their heart will always belong to the genitals they imagined below John's defrauding jacket.

Something to think about.

Crazy Maxwell eyes aside, he's probably the best looking of the menz. However, given how hard Steve and Teri had to work to break him, he's also probably been marinated in the fundie beyond all hope of redemption. He was their problem child, after all. When I think of John, I think of Winston Smith at the end of 1984. "He loved Big Brother."

Archived