IGNORED

The Continuing Fall of VF and Doug Phillips is a tool-Part 4

Boogalou

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many potential post count titles, so little time . . .

Never in my life will I ever find another person more snark worthy than Lord Dougie King of the Tools. :cry:

Never in my life will I ever find another person more snark worthy than Lord Dougie King of the Tools. :cry:

Patriarchy is the gift that keeps on giving....Stay hopeful!

Take heart--we still have Bradrick!...

Doug Phillips: still a tool

Yep, and if you didn't see enough of the Valenti/Bradrick wedding, there is this little nugget, complete with a video of Katie's father explaining his view of the value of his daughter: visionarydaughters.com/2009/03/katie-valenti-gets-married

Have we ever discussed this wedding?

Katie served faithfully as a daughter in her home, submitted to the authority of her father. Last week we saw that authority transferred to another man, as Katie entered a new household — the Phillip Bradrick household.

How terrible! That isn't beautiful, at all. The relationship between parents and children is not servitude. I realize that they emphasize servitude in their version of Christianity but this is the opposite of how most parents would describe their daughters on their wedding day. It sounds as if they are writing about a really good house maid. The last line makes me sad for many reasons. Katie never gets the opportunity to be her own person. The emphasis is not on the love and joy of the wedding but authority and control. The men's vision comes before her own needs and wants.

And I have to agree with MamaJuneBug, I didn't see anything flirty with Hero's looks. I've had other women look at me in the same fashion when they are amused. The only reason that anyone can view her looks as suggestive is because they know about the relationship with Hero and Doug.

Don't despair, twin2. The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away...and thanks to Dougie's antics turning the spotlights full force on patriarchal Dominionism, She will inevitably giveth again. Patience, Grasshopper. ;)

LadyAmyLynn on Hero's possibly flirtatious looks:

I dunno, I felt like her facial expressions in that video and another one (they're at an ice cream parlor) did portray a level of intimacy or flirtation that I wouldn't expect to see between boss/subordinate or *shudder* surrogate dad/daughter. YMMV, and I certainly don't think it's "proof" of anything, or impugns her character, but still...

YMMV fer shure. I saw the soda fountain video and hurt for Hero - she looked to me quite embarrassed by the camera's continued focus on her, rather than the camera moving along to the next victim subject. debrand's probably right - we "see" more when we "know" more.

But my basic indignance with the OP on jensgems is that again, the woman involved cannot win. If she's expressionless, she's like Kelly Bradrick -- according to one poster over there, KB gave her evil looks and never smiled at a conference they both attended. If she's animated, there's something "flirty" or "wicked" afoot.

DWT, Lutherans use the term "holy matrimony" without considering marriage a sacrament. My guess is that the Botkinettes wanted to sound King Jamesy and erudite.

Don't despair, twin2. The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away...and thanks to Dougie's antics turning the spotlights full force on patriarchal Dominionism, She will inevitably giveth again. Patience, Grasshopper. ;)

Listen to Marian and dry your eyes, twin2. I am sure we can find you another Patriarch to snark on after an appropriate mourning period has been observed for Doug, I Need More Cellos, Phillips the Tool.

OK, it won't have quite the same thrill as your first love, but it could still be a wonderful relationship.

And I have to agree with MamaJuneBug, I didn't see anything flirty with Hero's looks. I've had other women look at me in the same fashion when they are amused. The only reason that anyone can view her looks as suggestive is because they know about the relationship with Hero and Doug.

Exactly - that's the look that any adult might share with another when a child says something unintentionally amusing or possibly even inappropriate. You're trying to share the funniness without laughing at the child. I'd look the same way at any man or woman if I were in Hero's position.

YMMV fer shure. I saw the soda fountain video and hurt for Hero - she looked to me quite embarrassed by the camera's continued focus on her, rather than the camera moving along to the next victim subject. debrand's probably right - we "see" more when we "know" more.

Can someone link to the soda fountain video, pretty please?

Another comment from the facebook page of Braderick!

Sarah Long Munn: "Jake, I think these men are trying to get to the bottom of everything. There are a lot of accusations against Doug right now and if even half of them are true they have a major situation on their hands. Until the whole truth comes to light and there is full confession by all involved I think you will see the situation drag out for several months."

Agree that the nanny is not in the least bit flirtatious in the airport clip - haven't seen the other one. Can't say I'm convinced Kelly sounded expressionless in that woman's story - she sounded rude and judgemental but who knows it it happened like that. These women were raised by some pretty nasty men so it wouldn't really surprise me if they were horrid themselves to be honest.

To twin2 and anyone else looking for another tool as big as Dougie, what do you make of the guy that wrote this:

http://faithandheritage.com/2013/12/a-s ... -movement/

To sum up his argument, patriarchy in the DP case failed because there weren't enough manly men in the wife's life. If there had been he'd have been dragged off to some dark woods somewhere long ago and had the crap beaten out of him by her father and brothers and then returned home to live happily ever after with wife and children. Interestingly he also says "I am raising my daughters to be anti-feminist, as I consider it essential to their long-term happiness and the good of the multi-generational family". God only knows what kind of life he thinks feminism is going to bring them if he sees his own scenario as being a good outcome?! How could it make their lives any worse than this?!

There are definitely a plethora of patriarchal assholes in worth of snark. However, they don't dress up in fancy costumes, go on manly sweaty romps, say things like "need more cellos" or record themselves doing pushups until it looks like they are going to puke. Dougie is like the snark equivalent of being a kid in a candy store! BRADRICK! and Scotty are close, but they are no Dougie.

To twin2 and others who are downhearted: Doug will come back, someday, somehow, some way. Come on! He's Doug! Sure, it may take months, or even years, but until then...

Edited because I still can't figure out how to embed!

Exactly - that's the look that any adult might share with another when a child says something unintentionally amusing or possibly even inappropriate. You're trying to share the funniness without laughing at the child. I'd look the same way at any man or woman if I were in Hero's position.

Can someone link to the video, pretty please?

Here you go! :D

http://vimeo.com/28130098

Thanks, fuglyex! Hero seemed really uncomfortable and awkward, like "What am I supposed to do now? Oh, I know, keep sweet and pretend I'm having a fun time!" :? Poor girl.

Thanks, fuglyex! Hero seemed really uncomfortable and awkward, like "What am I supposed to do now? Oh, I know, keep sweet and pretend I'm having a fun time!" :? Poor girl.

Dougie calls himself a Soda Jerk! He's got that second part right, at least.

Listen to Marian and dry your eyes, twin2. I am sure we can find you another Patriarch to snark on after an appropriate mourning period has been observed for Doug, I Need More Cellos, Phillips the Tool.

OK, it won't have quite the same thrill as your first love, but it could still be a wonderful relationship.

I am loving the fact that we are doing grief counseling for twin2, after her horrible loss. Who says FJ is a mean place?

Here, twin2 -- I know nothing can bring back the loss of Doug's huge inflated ego being always on view as snark bait, but at least I can give you:

TXlC0VL.jpg

Ry4BzonlVlw

How terrible! That isn't beautiful, at all. The relationship between parents and children is not servitude. I realize that they emphasize servitude in their version of Christianity but this is the opposite of how most parents would describe their daughters on their wedding day.

The only thing worse is a slave auction. Disgusting.

I had a disquieting thought about all of this tonight...if I were still a part of the Christian community, rather than the agnostic I am today, I would be forced to admit the truth of Calvinism based on the story of Doug Phillips. He, like virtually every narcissist/sociopath who has ever lived, is unlikely to change his ways. More specifically, it's unlikely he would ever wantto change--narcissists and sociopaths just don't feel the need or desire to change their personalities. They cannot repent, cannot feel real love, cannot humble themselves to the need for salvation, cannot change. And they are likely born that way, to some extent. How can we reconcile that reality with the idea of free will? In a scientific interpretation of the Calvinist/reformed world, Doug would be pre-destined for something other than eternity with god. How ironic is that?

Aw gee. The Christian Post's attempts to reach the Duggars for comment was unsuccessful. For once, Jim Boob keeps his mouth shut.

JB isn't stupid. It's in his best interest to not say one word about Doug the Crazy Ass Tool. Having said that, I believe JB will demand that Ben renounce the teachings of Doug and VF or he will put a stop to Ben and Jessa's courtship/engagement.

I had a disquieting thought about all of this tonight...if I were still a part of the Christian community, rather than the agnostic I am today, I would be forced to admit the truth of Calvinism based on the story of Doug Phillips. He, like virtually every narcissist/sociopath who has ever lived, is unlikely to change his ways. More specifically, it's unlikely he would ever wantto change--narcissists and sociopaths just don't feel the need or desire to change their personalities. They cannot repent, cannot feel real love, cannot humble themselves to the need for salvation, cannot change. And they are likely born that way, to some extent. How can we reconcile that reality with the idea of free will? In a scientific interpretation of the Calvinist/reformed world, Doug would be pre-destined for something other than eternity with god. How ironic is that?

Technically, being Calvinist, he could still still be one of the elect. Even though the Heidelburg Catechism states that "it is impossible that those who are saved do not being forth fruits of thankfulness", it's also presumed that it's not up to ppl to judge whether someone is elect or not.

One of the hangovers of my Calvinist upbringing is the belief that all ppl are arseholes, some are just better at hiding it. I can't shake my very pessimistic view of human nature.

We’re from the northeast and he has a regular old management job and we had to save up for them to go to that over-priced event. He didn’t go along with hooting and hollering when “Dixie†was played. And our boys were the only ones not in three-piece suits. The whole thing was weird.

Kelly on Jen's Gems wrote the above comment Considering that Sam Turley-brother of Justin Turley-list his place of residence as CSA(Confederate States of America), I have no doubt that Vision Forum has racist leanings.

LadyAmyLynn on Hero's possibly flirtatious looks:

But my basic indignance with the OP on jensgems is that again, the woman involved cannot win. If she's expressionless, she's like Kelly Bradrick -- according to one poster over there, KB gave her evil looks and never smiled at a conference they both attended. If she's animated, there's something "flirty" or "wicked" afoot.

DWT, Lutherans use the term "holy matrimony" without considering marriage a sacrament. My guess is that the Botkinettes wanted to sound King Jamesy and erudite.

Yes, there's a long tradition among Protestants who do not consider marriage a sacrament (that is, most of them) of using the term "holy matrimony." "Holy" ≠ "sacramental."

Archived