IGNORED

The Continuing Fall of VF and Doug Phillips is a tool-Part 4

Boogalou

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19831

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19945

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20076

Doug Phillips resigned from Vision Forum after an inappropriate relationship with a woman he claims he did not know in a biblical sense. Vision Forum shut their doors. Jen Epstein and T.W. Eston blogged like there was no tomorrow. Dainty morsels were given (I tried to work that into the thread title but Doug's title was eating up all the characters).

If anyone has any other pertinent info to add please do so! Otherwise, the saga, and the discussion, continues!

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to many more revelations and/or dainty morsels of toolishness in the upcoming days!

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Vision Forum, Inc is having a liquidation sale. The fine print says that all sales are final and they will not accept returns.

Also from their site

We don’t have any plans to bring them back.

So once its gone, its gone.

Posting to follow .

I know where getting my fundie watching friends presents from this year!

It is kinda funny how everything is being dragged out slowly, if I was Dougie I would have told everyone up front that VF and VFM were gonna close. I am not complaining though cause it is so interesting to think about what will happen next.

(Of course the closing of VF&VFM could have been real-time decisions but I think Doug had it all planned out beforehand.)

Have only been half paying attention today - working away! This has probably been suggested or implied but could Michael be tool's son with the woman Jen and Eston are slut shaming?? Might explain Doug's vision of him as some sort of saint/son of God?!

Loving the info people have been posting about fundies getting interns for their homes! Did I read that right?

Oooh, I should buy something! How about So Much More? Or some manly toys?

I'll sell you my copy of So Much More, if you want it!

Vision Forum Ministries has closed. Vision Forum Inc. is soon to follow suit. Dougie will disappear into the ether.

All of this is a tragedy on the order of the Maxwells going completely offline--God forbid.

Have only been half paying attention today - working away! This has probably been suggested or implied but could Michael be tool's son with the woman Jen and Eston are slut shaming?? Might explain Doug's vision of him as some sort of saint/son of God?!

Loving the info people have been posting about fundies getting interns for their homes! Did I read that right?

I think someone on Jen's site made that same observation. Whatever it is, they know exactly what she has on him and they aren't telling. But why? Eston says he's got another "article" on the way.... it's like watching a soap opera. Where all week you lead up to the Friday scene where the star gets shot and then the scene fades out and you're left all weekend wondering...

Regarding the earlier topic of narcissistic parents, I have a warning. Early in my search for online support, I got caught up with a FB group called something like DoNM and admin'ed by "Barbara" who also has an extensive website. While she provides some very good information, I found her to be a very controlling over how she believes one should deal with the narcs in one's life. She has some very ugly things to say about other experts in the field as well. She controls that group with an iron first and tolerates no questioning of her authority or tactics. I lasted about a week before I fled in terror. She was as bad as the other narcs I was trying to rid myself of.... be careful all who are seeking help.

I have been trying to read through these threads but I am so behind, only on the second one. I have so many questions about this saga, if someone could be so kind as to answer.

Has the mistress been confirmed to be the nanny? Has she made a statement? Do we know if he was lying about "knowing her". Have any of his kids made statements? Has any of the VF people mentioned his whereabouts or actions during this meltdown?

I think someone on Jen's site made that same observation. Whatever it is, they know exactly what she has on him and they aren't telling. But why? Eston says he's got another "article" on the way.... it's like watching a soap opera. Where all week you lead up to the Friday scene where the star gets shot and then the scene fades out and you're left all weekend wondering...

Just did a google image search. Interesting. Especially when in costume!

I have been trying to read through these threads but I am so behind, only on the second one. I have so many questions about this saga, if someone could be so kind as to answer.

Has the mistress been confirmed to be the nanny? Has she made a statement? Do we know if he was lying about "knowing her". Have any of his kids made statements? Has any of the VF people mentioned his whereabouts or actions during this meltdown?

Although it has not been officially confirmed, those in the know seem to accept it as fact that she was the nanny. She has not made a statement and Eston says that while he has reached out to her, she prefers to handle this privately. In his second statement, he admitted a physical relationship with this woman. Take that for what it's worth. With the exception of Peter Bradrick's description of his encounter with Doug, no one is saying anything about where Doug is or how he has reacted. Several other insiders though HAVE confirmed Peter's description and thoughts though.

... it's like watching a soap opera. Where all week you lead up to the Friday scene where the star gets shot and then the scene fades out and you're left all weekend wondering...

Who shot J.R.?

Just did a google image search. Interesting. Especially when in costume!

It is interesting what google image brings up. Is it just me, or does M. Billings bear more than a fair resemblance to J. Titus?

Really, so now we think maybe the Billings boy might actually be Dougie's illegitimate son? Hmmm, that would be interesting. Okay, my head is spinning. Hope we get some clarity about all this soon! I've got to concentrate on my Christmas shopping!

Vision Forum, Inc is having a liquidation sale. The fine print says that all sales are final and they will not accept returns.

You'll probably be able to find those products even cheaper at ebay, Amazon, and similar sites when the disaffected Vision Forum supporters start selling their stuff.

I think it's also been suggested that perhaps Toolie might have been tooling with the dear departed boy. In any case, Jen and Eston are certainly suggesting that he plays a part in this saga...

inashoe.com/2007/11/michael-billingsa-redeemer-of-time/

I think that a lot of the Vision Forum interns have a similar appearance so Doug must have a certain physical type he likes. The nanny looked a little like his eldest daughter to me.

I understand that the loss of such a young life was tragic and probably shattering to those who cared for him but the tributes to him sound a bit extreme and strange. Of course, the people in Vision Forum have a tendency to be dramatic and flowery in their writing so maybe it is just their particular way of expressing themselves that seem odd.

A lot of this speculation would end if the people connected to Doug would come clean about what exactly happened. All this secrecy will end up hurting a lot of people.

It seems that a lot more shoes are about to drop here. I don't put much credence in Jen's and Eston's claims as they both have axes to grind, but I do find it interesting that Bradrick!'s description of things have been confirmed to some extent. Not much of a fan of him but he seems seriously gobsmacked by how he was treated by Dougie when confronted.

Oooh, I should buy something! How about So Much More? Or some manly toys?

I am in the market for a new toy sword......

Archived