IGNORED

Fox News finally has proof that Sharia Law is taking over us

doggie

Why do the St. Paul police department provide transportations for the girsl to the YMCA? Is transport service for civilians doing sports activities one of the tasks of American cops?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a great idea for a swimming pool to offer sex segregated modest swimming times for people who are part of a religion that requires them to cover up. Swimming is an important thing to know, and its good exercise, and it also opens up a whole new experience for someone who wouldn't normally be allowed to or feel comfortable doing.

I could've sworn that I saw on the Rodrigues family thread that a local water park had closed for their benefit so that they could go swimming without seeing evil bathing suits (maybe I misread though...). It bugs me that many of the same people demonizing the YMCA would be all over happy about the water park incident.

I just hate the hypocrisy. Modesty is great for proper, Christian ladies, but you Muslims better just suck it up. I don't think so. I don't see what the big deal is over having separate swim times every now and again. Hell, have them for men too if they want. Just make sure they're published well ahead of time so all can plan.

The Rodrigues family swam at a bible camp

I can't speak for other countries, but here in the States most of our backwards movement comes from fundamentalist Christians. Muslims (both immigrants and citizens) tend to just live their lives. They may sometimes follow rules that I disagree with, but it's very rare for a Muslim group to try to impose those rules on others. It isn't that Muslim fundamentalists are ok, it's just that they're a very small minority here.

Western Europe is predominantly secular. You just can't compare the USA with Europe. The christian fundamentalist movements are very marginal to almost nonexistent and have absolutely no influence on society whatsoever.

The muslim minority is a considirable one and has a huge and very demanding and claiming influence on society. Being afraid of discriminating and not being politically correct, they have their way to an absurd extent.

Art has been removed from public places, because it was offensive, the county of Brabant removed the swine from their coat of arms because it was offensive theatre was forced to reserve a separate area for muslimas. These are just a few examples, the list is endless and these are not sporadic incidents.

I don't see how this is a bad thing or turning back time. Muslims don't have to be fundamentalists to be modest. Neither do people from any other religion. This isn't becoming a segregated pool, it is just having a specific time for specific people to swim. If they wanted to provide times for just males to swim, that shouldn't be a problem either. I see it as someone else said, having women only gym classes. No one finds those offensive. So why is swimming any different?

The Rodrigues family swam at a bible camp

Oh, yup, now I see it. Thanks, I knew I must have been missing something. :)

I am so tired of all the misinformation (or should I say, willful ignorance) and discrimination against Muslims and people who 'might be Muslim'. Obviously nobody here thinks fundamental Islam is okay. Nobody is even saying that they're okay with Islam as a religion, but that doesn't mean we can't be disgusted by prejudice.

Clementine, that is not an example of Sharia Law. You're absolutely right that people need to draw attention to that behaviour and stop it because that is not something that Islam condones and they're acting like assholes. But that's on the people who are effected to get something done about it. If people haven't told them no very strongly, they probably think they're not bothering anyone. That doesn't reflect poorly on Muslims, it reflects poorly on THOSE Muslims.

Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, Muslims living in non-Islamic states don't think they can enforce Sharia Law on other people because they can't and they know it. The majority don't want to, not to mention that Muslims don't proselytise so they're not going to try and 'convert' anyone.

I get the feeling a lot of people don't understand what Sharia Law is (not here, just generally).

Sharia Law is a system of beliefs based on Muslim texts that make up a set of guiding principals in different aspect of a Muslim's life like marriage, worship, behaviour and so forth. In the majority of the countries in the world, it's up to the individual Muslim to abide by Sharia.

Non-Muslims who travel are NOT expected to abide by these rules except in certain Islamic states like Saudi. Even then, you're not asked to or expected to partake in the religious facets of Sharia.

Sharia is NOT a part of the law in every single majority Islam country. Different countries enforce Sharia differently, with some using for everything including criminal court proceedings and some only using it for fairly minor personal issues.

Basically Sharia is a guideline of behaviour outlining what a Muslim should do in all facets of their life and it only has something to do with the actual law (and therefore effects non-Muslims in some way) in Islamic states.

Western Europe is predominantly secular. You just can't compare the USA with Europe. The christian fundamentalist movements are very marginal to almost nonexistent and have absolutely no influence on society whatsoever.

The muslim minority is a considirable one and has a huge and very demanding and claiming influence on society. Being afraid of discriminating and not being politically correct, they have their way to an absurd extent.

Art has been removed from public places, because it was offensive, the county of Brabant removed the swine from their coat of arms because it was offensive theatre was forced to reserve a separate area for muslimas. These are just a few examples, the list is endless and these are not sporadic incidents.

Edit: I feel kind of dumb, now. I thought that Clementine had written that and didn't realize you were a different person. Sorry about that. I'll leave what I originally wrote, though.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you were the one who started comparing this thread to stuff going on in Europe. I was just trying to explain why Americans aren't (or shouldn't be) worried about something Muslims are doing in America. If you want to discuss Muslim fundamentalists in Europe, it may be worth starting a new thread.

Edit: I feel kind of dumb, now. I thought that Clementine had written that and didn't realize you were a different person. Sorry about that. I'll leave what I originally wrote, though.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you were the one who started comparing this thread to stuff going on in Europe. I was just trying to explain why Americans aren't (or shouldn't be) worried about something Muslims are doing in America. If you want to discuss Muslim fundamentalists in Europe, it may be worth starting a new thread.

Clementine wrote about the situation in Sweden, I didn't start the comparison between Europe and the USA. What I meant by 'you can't compare' should be 'one can't compare' sorry for that , I wasn't referring to you personally . No thank you, I am not going to start a new thread about muslims (fundamentalists) in Europe, I'll pass. ;) ;)

Clementine wrote about the situation in Sweden, I didn't start the comparison between Europe and the USA. What I meant by 'you can't compare' should be 'one can't compare' sorry for that , I wasn't referring to you personally . No thank you, I am not going to start a new thread about muslims (fundamentalists) in Europe, I'll pass. ;) ;)

Yeah, I realized that right after I posted :embarrassed:. I think it would be interesting if we could find blogs by fundamentalists of other religious groups. There would likely be a language barrier, though.

I taught a swim class for adult Muslim women and lifeguarded for them at Family Swims at out local YMCA when I was 18. Which brings us back to...1985! We covered the full length windows, closed the men's locker rooms and away we went. It was a blast. Seriously - many of those women had dreamed of learning to swim for decades. One of my proudest achievements was helping a woman in her 70's learn to float on her back. The joy!

And even then - nearly THIRTY YEARS AGO - nobody was upset about it. Some old men grumbled about having to do their laps at a different time, but they did that during daycare hours, too. For fuck's sake, what's this country coming to? Things have gotten so much worse in the past 30 years.

So, let me see if I get Fox's argument right:

The muslims dare to try and be an active part of their communities by imposing their terroristic laws upon the good christian men of America. For one hour a week, one whole hour, these oppressed, christian men are prohibited from using the pool which they can use during any other time that the pool is open. How dare these unamerican jihadists try and take away the rights of good, white, christian men who have never ever been told "no" in their lives. Those poor, poor, christian men who have to wait a whole hour once a week to go swimming. Our hearts should be breaking for them.

In my city and in some of the surrounding bedroom communities a number of public pools have designated a women-only swim hour and a men-only swim hour, at times when the pools are otherwise underutilized. They did this because a small group of women would typically pay the $156/hour to reserve the pool for themselves at that time and it ocurred to the The women-only swim times are frequented by orthodox jewish, fundie christianists, women who are uncomfortable exposing their large bodies in public, and, yes, a fair number of muslim women. And yes, people have complained, and sued, not because their own rights are being infringed on but because all these poor women are being marginalized whether they know it or not and it is everyone else's right to see to it that they aren't marginalized. Because, you know, they obviously aren't able to see this for themselves. #end_sarcasm

In my city and in some of the surrounding bedroom communities a number of public pools have designated a women-only swim hour and a men-only swim hour, at times when the pools are otherwise underutilized. They did this because a small group of women would typically pay the $156/hour to reserve the pool for themselves at that time and it ocurred to the The women-only swim times are frequented by orthodox jewish, fundie christianists, women who are uncomfortable exposing their large bodies in public, and, yes, a fair number of muslim women. And yes, people have complained, and sued, not because their own rights are being infringed on but because all these poor women are being marginalized whether they know it or not and it is everyone else's right to see to it that they aren't marginalized. Because, you know, they obviously aren't able to see this for themselves. #end_sarcasm

I hate that kind if thing, it's so patronizing.

That's a good idea to have the men only / women only at underutilized times. They probably get a lot more use out of the pool too.

Yes because a private non profit company choosing to offer special considerations when serving a specific population is totally the same as government enacting sharia law! Excellent logical leaps here Fox!

Latrav, I'd definitely agree that removing pics of pigs etc is stupid, don't get me wrong. But I think there are two different issues here.

1. A lot of things that people do (removing pics of pigs, banning Peppa Pig storybooks or whatever) isn't because Muslims have *actually* complained, it's because people are hyper-PC and think they might. When Muslims are actually asked, they tend to be fairly bemused by the whole issue and point out that they have never asked for the thing in question to be banned (and complain it makes them look bad).

2. Removing non-Islamic images is different from having a women-only swim. I am from rural Scotland and my local pool has had a women only swim session since I can remember, not because of pressure from the evil Muzzies turning us into a -stan but simply because a lot of women feel happier if they can swim without blokes around. The women who feel that way range all over the spectrum of belief from white atheists to fundie Muslims.

I am so tired of all the misinformation (or should I say, willful ignorance) and discrimination against Muslims and people who 'might be Muslim'. Obviously nobody here thinks fundamental Islam is okay. Nobody is even saying that they're okay with Islam as a religion, but that doesn't mean we can't be disgusted by prejudice.

Clementine, that is not an example of Sharia Law. You're absolutely right that people need to draw attention to that behaviour and stop it because that is not something that Islam condones and they're acting like assholes. But that's on the people who are effected to get something done about it. If people haven't told them no very strongly, they probably think they're not bothering anyone. That doesn't reflect poorly on Muslims, it reflects poorly on THOSE Muslims.

Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, Muslims living in non-Islamic states don't think they can enforce Sharia Law on other people because they can't and they know it. The majority don't want to, not to mention that Muslims don't proselytise so they're not going to try and 'convert' anyone.

One of the basic principles of a democracy is that the same laws and the way to execute them applies to everybody. We already have sharia courts in Europe, with the blessing from the authorities, and it is a threat to our democracy and a huge betrayal of the muslim women and children who are the ones who suffer the most from it. One example from the UK here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ourts.html

There are also political movements who want to impose sharia law for everybody, not just the muslims. We have the political party Hizb-ut Tahrir, a very big islamic organisation called IFIS who run the Great Mosqe in central Stockholm and has strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and also Abdirisak Waberi, a Somali immigrant who is now a member of the Swedish parliament and a representative in the parliamentary committee of defence. He has publicly said that he wants sharia laws in Sweden, when we are ready for it. Charming, isn't it?

Regarding muslims not proselytising: no, they don't because islam has historically spread through conquest and violence.

Right now the muslim organisations try to gain more followers and apologetics and more power by spreading one-sided propaganda, infiltrating political parties and organisations and demands to stop critisism of islam by suppressing of our freedom of speech.

Regarding the case in Minnesota, I also wonder why the St. Paul police department are providing transportation for the girls. Is that one of the duties of the US police, to provide transportation to civilians to get them to sports activities?

Latrav, I'd definitely agree that removing pics of pigs etc is stupid, don't get me wrong. But I think there are two different issues here.

1. A lot of things that people do (removing pics of pigs, banning Peppa Pig storybooks or whatever) isn't because Muslims have *actually* complained, it's because people are hyper-PC and think they might. When Muslims are actually asked, they tend to be fairly bemused by the whole issue and point out that they have never asked for the thing in question to be banned (and complain it makes them look bad).

2. Removing non-Islamic images is different from having a women-only swim. I am from rural Scotland and my local pool has had a women only swim session since I can remember, not because of pressure from the evil Muzzies turning us into a -stan but simply because a lot of women feel happier if they can swim without blokes around. The women who feel that way range all over the spectrum of belief from white atheists to fundie Muslims.

The separate swimming is one of the many frustrations regarding turning back the clock to please a minority. There was a time that separate swimming was very common in the Netherlands. In the context of equality of men and women it has been abolished. And I agree with you, that some ideas are from overly PC idiots. On the other hand quite some public people, politicians and not only Wilders, columnists, comedians are living with permanent security because of the death threads.

Yes because a private non profit company choosing to offer special considerations when serving a specific population is totally the same as government enacting sharia law! Excellent logical leaps here Fox!

Perhaps a bit over the top. But it all started with this sort of enabling in Europe. It doesn't stop here.

At least it is on their own expense, in the Netherlands it is the tax payer who pays for segregation. The muslims want the pool for themselves, no christians and certainly not jews.

One of the basic principles of a democracy is that the same laws and the way to execute them applies to everybody. We already have sharia courts in Europe, with the blessing from the authorities, and it is a threat to our democracy and a huge betrayal of the muslim women and children who are the ones who suffer the most from it. One example from the UK here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ourts.html

There are also political movements who want to impose sharia law for everybody, not just the muslims. We have the political party Hizb-ut Tahrir, a very big islamic organisation called IFIS who run the Great Mosqe in central Stockholm and has strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and also Abdirisak Waberi, a Somali immigrant who is now a member of the Swedish parliament and a representative in the parliamentary committee of defence. He has publicly said that he wants sharia laws in Sweden, when we are ready for it. Charming, isn't it?

Regarding muslims not proselytising: no, they don't because islam has historically spread through conquest and violence.

Right now the muslim organisations try to gain more followers and apologetics and more power by spreading one-sided propaganda, infiltrating political parties and organisations and demands to stop critisism of islam by suppressing of our freedom of speech.

Regarding the case in Minnesota, I also wonder why the St. Paul police department are providing transportation for the girls. Is that one of the duties of the US police, to provide transportation to civilians to get them to sports activities?

From the article you referenced

In a terraced house in East London, just a stone’s throw from the glittering stadiums of the Olympic Park, a handful of people wait in a small reception room. A young Asian woman and her mother hitch their scarves over their heads while a Somali couple stare at the floor.

This is Leyton Islamic Sharia Council, the oldest and most active such council in the country where scholars hear about 50 cases a month, most of them marital disputes. Nine out of 10 cases are brought by women because, in an Islamic marriage, it is far easier for a man to divorce; the only way for a woman is through one of these Sharia councils. No one knows how many there are in Britain today, in mosques and in houses – one report estimates at least 85

As in all your posts on this thread you appear to be saying that Muslims are trying to enforce Sharia law on their adopted countries. I'm not seeing it to be honest and find it all a bit sensationalised. Sure there are going to be organisations and individuals for which this MAY be their manifesto. ONE whole Somali 'immigrant' in the Swedish government, well stone the crows. Time for a revolution.

As has been pointed out in countless posts the majority of Muslims are as bemused by the government pandering to whims they themselves have no interest in. The minority who wish to 'Muslimise' your country are just that a, minority. I'm not overly fond of UKIP or the BNP, actually I'm not overly fond of the Conservative party or it's MP's but that's the way the cookie crumbles in a democracy.

I get a vibe that unless you are a white Swede you have no right to have a say in the government and that sounds just as frightening to me as the sensationalist MUSLIMS want to take over thing you have going on.

I'd be interested to see evidence as you claimed in a previous post that the crimes committed in public places such as swimming pools, libraries and A&E is perpetrated by Muslims.

From the article you referenced

As in all your posts on this thread you appear to be saying that Muslims are trying to enforce Sharia law on their adopted countries. I'm not seeing it to be honest and find it all a bit sensationalised. Sure there are going to be organisations and individuals for which this MAY be their manifesto. ONE whole Somali 'immigrant' in the Swedish government, well stone the crows. Time for a revolution.

As has been pointed out in countless posts the majority of Muslims are as bemused by the government pandering to whims they themselves have no interest in. The minority who wish to 'Muslimise' your country are just that a, minority. I'm not overly fond of UKIP or the BNP, actually I'm not overly fond of the Conservative party or it's MP's but that's the way the cookie crumbles in a democracy.

I get a vibe that unless you are a white Swede you have no right to have a say in the government and that sounds just as frightening to me as the sensationalist MUSLIMS want to take over thing you have going on.

I'd be interested to see evidence as you claimed in a previous post that the crimes committed in public places such as swimming pools, libraries and A&E is perpetrated by Muslims.

http://muslimrapewave.wordpress.com/category/sweden/

Same situation in the Netherlands.

A blog? A particularly sensationalised one at that? Give me a break.

Just Google muslim rape statistics in Sweden (Europe), they are all lying aren't they?

Archived