IGNORED

Erin Bates's Wedding - Part 2

happy atheist

My daughter who was a music major always had to have a dressy concert black dress for her viola recitals.

I must confess that I wore the same dress for two of my daughters' weddings. I knew that the only people to see it both times would be the members of my family and I was recovering from surgery at the time of the second wedding. I frankly just didn't care. I just wanted to have enough energy to get through things. I did and I danced the night away.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kelly will reuse dresses. I'm almost positive I've seen pictures of her wearing what she wore to Erin's wedding at a different event. Also, she could borrow from someone.

My mom wore the same Mother of the Bride dress for both my and my sister's weddings. I encouraged it; nice dress, same season, saving money.......and I was planning on encouraging Kelly to do the same.

I wonder how Erin and Chad are now feeling about inviting Bill Gothard to their wedding AND buying a special cake to celebrate his birthday???

Am I the only one who is now waiting to see a pregnancy announcement every time this thread is bumped? I don't wish that on them exactly but I think after 4 months it's pretty inevitable barring any sort of health issues.

so with kelly's mom confirming whitney's pregnancy... it makes me wonder if erin and chad are a little upset. i think they're taking things slower than "other" married fundy couples, because erin may not be ready for all that marital life brings (sex and babies!) and the pressure could be getting to them because they aren't jumping right in and pregnant already.

I suspect deep down they're not jealous.I think they know they aren't ready yet.I have much more confidence in Whit and Zach though.they seem ready.

Weren't Whitney and Zach married before them? Even if they do hope for a baby asap its the "correct" order for babies so far. If they're still waiting for God to start filling their quiver when Alyssa announces her first pregnancy I can see some concerns creeping in.

I'm not entirely convinced they're taking married life that slowly but it's a YMMV issue from the blog posts.

It's Whiney & thank God for that! Now I have a sneaking suspicion that Erin frillied-up the master bedroom to prevent pregnancy :wink-kitty:

I hope for Erin's sake that it takes her a while to get pregnant. She just seems like the type of person who needs a lot of time to adjust to changes. There's nothing wrong with that, but she needs to be allowed to accept that part of her personality and not be pressured to do things too fast.

bumblebee - Erin and Chad were married first ... about a month before Zach and Whit.

Ok, that's for that, I thought Zach was married first. Ok, but still 1 month apart isn't a big deal.

I personally think Chad and Erin are having a harder time adjusting to married life, most likely Erin.

Zach and Whit seem very comfortable with each other. I'm not surprised that it's them.

I personally think Chad and Erin are having a harder time adjusting to married life, most likely Erin.

Zach and Whit seem very comfortable with each other. I'm not surprised that it's them.

Whit and Zach seemed just so happy to be married and their honeymoon pics really showed it. You don't get the same read from Chad and Erin, though it might be just simply how they photograph and nothing more but Chad's rather honest post on his blog about how things were going seemed to indicate that there some issues.

I can't wait to see Alyssa's wedding. It's in late May, right?

Yes, May 24th. I can't wait either!

Sometimes I think some people here need a basic course on how pregnancy occurs.

Either or both of those women being pregnant a few months after marriage is not strange. Either or both of those women NOT being pregnant a few months after marriage is not strange.

If they are not using birth control they will each be likely to conceive and get to the point of announcing a pregnancy within the next year or so. Not getting pregnant within a couple of months doesn't mean someone is not sexually active, or avoiding sex, or using birth control. It just means they didn't happen to get pregnant yet.

Couple A could be having sex every day and not be pregnant yet. Couple B might have had sex once and be pregnant. Couple A obviously is more likely to have a pregnancy occur, but if Couple B is the one that got pregnant that would not be that strange either, since every conception is from one act of intercourse.

This issue just bugs me because you see so many women worried sick when they don't conceive immediately, for no reason.

Mrs, I agree with everything you're saying, but not everyone speculating on this is an idiot who doesn't understand how pregnancy works. Some people are just pointing out that it looks more likely that Chad and Erin are having some issues adjusting to marriage, whereas Zach and Whitney aren't and are also obviously trying to get pregnant, and that these things MAY have an effect on who gets pregnant first. That's it. 99% of what we talk about on FJ is speculation and this is no exception.

Mrs, I agree with everything you're saying, but not everyone speculating on this is an idiot who doesn't understand how pregnancy works. Some people are just pointing out that it looks more likely that Chad and Erin are having some issues adjusting to marriage, whereas Zach and Whitney aren't and are also obviously trying to get pregnant, and that these things MAY have an effect on who gets pregnant first. That's it. 99% of what we talk about on FJ is speculation and this is no exception.

Yes I know that pretty much all we do is idly speculate. I think it's just between this thread, and the other thread regarding the Bates pregnancies, many people really do seem to think that the fact that one or the or the other of these couple have achieved pregnancy after a few months actually does signify something about their intent ( or lack of intent) And that just is really, really inaccurate at this point.

I say this having conceived all of my children despite actively ( if not always perfectly :embarrassed: ) using birth control. I got pregnant extremely easily. However the one time I actually did try to time a pregnancy and tried to conceive over a span of 3-4 months, I didn't happen to conceive. Pregnancy, even in fertile, young, sexually active people, is largely a matter of chance.

Part of the reason for the speculation is Chad's blog post. Some members think they are having troubles adjusting and may have issues in the bedroom.

Yes I know that pretty much all we do is idly speculate. I think it's just between this thread, and the other thread regarding the Bates pregnancies, many people really do seem to think that the fact that one or the or the other of these couple have achieved pregnancy after a few months actually does signify something about their intent ( or lack of intent) And that just is really, really inaccurate at this point.

I say this having conceived all of my children despite actively ( if not always perfectly :embarrassed: ) using birth control. I got pregnant extremely easily. However the one time I actually did try to time a pregnancy and tried to conceive over a span of 3-4 months, I didn't happen to conceive. Pregnancy, even in fertile, young, sexually active people, is largely a matter of chance.

I'm one of 4 kids. All three of my siblings were "oops" babies - including my older sister who would have been one of those big, healthy "preemies" back in the day and my youngest brother who was born after my father had TWO vasectomies. :pink-shock: I was the only one they actively tried to conceive and it took them almost 2 years of trying before my mom got pregnant.

Part of the reason for the speculation is Chad's blog post. Some members think they are having troubles adjusting and may have issues in the bedroom.

I'm beginning to suspect the conversation in that blog post happened shortly after they found out Whitney was expecting. In a culture so obsessive about immediate pregnancy, finding out your SIL (who married later than you) was pregnant before you must have been hard...even if they weren't as actively trying.

I actually feel really bad for Erin. No matter what she's trying or not trying to do, this cannot be easy for her.

Archived