IGNORED

J.Maxwell rents home to parents?

MamaJunebug

I'm confounded.

The entire clan traveled after dark to "wipe down" surfaces in Joseph's house, which "Mom and Dad are going to be writing in, soon" (paraphrased).

Is "writing" code for another verb?

There isn't enough room in the mothership for those two (evil) geniuses to write, already?

Also - looks like Joseph just let progress stop when Elizabeth M. said, "Not just no but heavens no!" before the skunked wedding.

Maxwells got me sayin' "huh????"

ETA: Joseph let progress on the remodel stop when Elilzabeth bolted. I should've been specific. We know the poor kid let progress on, er, other things stop, way before now.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confounded as well.

Why do they need to go to Joseph's house to write? I thought they all had home offices at Maxhell headquarters?

Yes, he definitely slowed the remodeling down after Elizabeth broke his heart. (Can someone you've met only 4 times in person actually break your heart?).

Pretty much everything the Maxwells do is confounding.

I think this is their way of heading off questions about why the house remains unoccupied. See? It's not going to waste! Mom and Dad use it for their office! While Joseph bunks in with his brothers at HQ. By choice, of course. :roll:

Maybe instead of evil non Maxwell types renting it, they're going to make it the "corporate hq" for the Moody books, and post it-note scheduling system and the iTONramp classes? Maybe so the lease is flexible in case a new courtship is foisted upon one of the boys???

Only the Maxwell's would hold a cleaning party.

I seem to recall either Poor Sarah or Teri had to use Uriah for 'writing' in before so they get could some piece and quiet. But Uriah or The Bus has he's been rechristened seems out of favour.

Except when the grandchildren are forced to visit or Teri is receiving sweet fellowship giving Stevie a back rub :ew:, I would have thought the place to be pretty quiet with personal projects and personal Bible reading. But then again the reversals are such great conversationalists may be they spend the days chatting and randomly shouting out Bible quotes. So it could be that its not all peaceful chez Maxwell?

I seem to recall either Poor Sarah or Teri had to use Uriah for 'writing' in before so they get could some piece and quiet. But Uriah or The Bus has he's been rechristened seems out of favour.

Except when the grandchildren are forced to visit or Teri is receiving sweet fellowship giving Stevie a back rub :ew:, I would have thought the place to be pretty quiet with personal projects and personal Bible reading. But then again the reversals are such great conversationalists may be they spend the days chatting and randomly shouting out Bible quotes. So it could be that its not all peaceful chez Maxwell?

:clap: re: the bolded - Christian Tourette's? I mean, in another topic we read about "Christian Karate".....!

Someone remind me how old Joseph is now? I'm thinking twenty-four, but is that right?

So yeah, the whole thing about Stevehovah and Teri using Joseph's house to write strikes me as a tacit admission that a second courtship for him won't be happening any time soon.

I've tried and tried to have "cleaning" parties but all my friends and family REFUSE (prosecution!eleventy!) to come to my house and clean or those Godless heathens insist on being paid to be my maid (and when they do come to my house they drink all my Pepsi so there is that too).

What do you want to bet that Steve and Teri never go there together?

They dare not leave the "children" unsupervised at home. Those wild kids could get up to all kinds of mischief, like eating three animal crackers, or not dusting the ceiling fan blades on time.

I was confused also! Maybe they need a place that is quiet to work. So since Joseph is not staying their its a way to use the house.

I think they're bailing him out, but putting a spin on it.

1. WOW a bathroom mirror photo ALMOST like real teenagers take! No duck faces though. Too much fun.

2. If you have to have clean door frames to write, what does this say about your talent, or lack thereof? Or your ability to focus? This shows a lack of faith in the Lord's leading IMHO. If He really does put the words in your mouth (or let them flow from your fingers to the keyboard) then dirt would not be an issue. Pepsi could be tho....

Maybe instead of evil non Maxwell types renting it, they're going to make it the "corporate hq" for the Moody books, and post it-note scheduling system and the iTONramp classes? Maybe so the lease is flexible in case a new courtship is foisted upon one of the boys???

I can see them doing this.

The Reversals also "practice their instruments". Lyric free renditions of Row Row Row Your Boat, screeches of Trust End Obey and choruses of Daddy on His Knees could be very distracting and prevent Steve and Teri from making wise and Godly use of their scheduled writing time.

Is it possible that using it as a place to write (a business place) their company can use the house as a tax write off?

Is it possible that using it as a place to write (a business place) their company can use the house as a tax write off?

I think you just nailed it. :clap:

Y'know, I think it's time Steve examined his daily life, realized that he is well on his way to worshipping a new deity, and just admitted it.

Perhaps this will help persuade him:

L0R5LUp.jpg

What do you want to bet that Steve and Teri never go there together?

They dare not leave the "children" unsupervised at home. Those wild kids could get up to all kinds of mischief, like eating three animal crackers, or not dusting the ceiling fan blades on time.

This is what I was thinking--how can Steve and Teri leave those poor children ALONE while they go off to write? Someone might have an independent thought! Look at an unapproved web site! Realize that life without parents breathing down your neck every second is... just... fine!

This is what I was thinking--how can Steve and Teri leave those poor children ALONE while they go off to write? Someone might have an independent thought! Look at an unapproved web site! Realize that life without parents breathing down your neck every second is... just... fine!

I am certain Teri or Steve won't actually be working together unless they have all the kids under on roof. If one needs some quiet time, they'll go over to the house, but never together. Can't have any of those "children" getting into trouble. Their very soul is at stake....

There "children" are all basically adults. (Mary at 17 is nearly there.) Working outside the "home", especially for Teri, goes against everything they "preach". They preach a family needs to be together 24/7. Dad's work at home, Mom takes care of the house and kids. They all just need to look down at their chore packs at their waist and see that it's "quiet working time". They can all write, do computer work, or school at the same time.

P.S. From a couple of the pictures, Steve looks like he's been dipping into the animal crackers a little to often. :naughty:

Yes, he definitely slowed the remodeling down after Elizabeth broke his heart. (Can someone you've met only 4 times in person actually break your heart?).

Imagine you're in a hole of a dry well, stuck, not going anywhere, trapped, stuck, did I say trapped? and someone comes over to peer over the side 4 times, telling you she's going to bring a rope, yes, and haul you out, yes, and you'll be OUT, you'll be free, there will be room to turn around in...

...and then calls to tell you that actually no, she's not coming.

Surely on some level she was representative of just finally being able to Move On, to move that whole 0.7 miles away from the compound, and to indulge in some sweet, sweet fellowship without guilt. Doesn't take deep knowledge for that part to happen, even an arranged marriage would do.

I can't believe I'm saying something nice about them, but it's a pretty little house.

Oh yeah - I agree. I think they have quite the remodelling skills. It just makes it all the more odd to me why Joseph, who bought this house outright, can't either (1) live in it and enjoy it for himself (or heck, himself and a brother or two even, if they want), (2) sell it for a profit, or (3) rent it out for some sweet, sweet income which he can use to buy yet another house and start a rental empire.

Of course he can't, because of his weird religion (and by that I mean the Cult O' Steve).

Imagine you're in a hole of a dry well, stuck, not going anywhere, trapped, stuck, did I say trapped? and someone comes over to peer over the side 4 times, telling you she's going to bring a rope, yes, and haul you out, yes, and you'll be OUT, you'll be free, there will be room to turn around in...

...and then calls to tell you that actually no, she's not coming.

Surely on some level she was representative of just finally being able to Move On, to move that whole 0.7 miles away from the compound, and to indulge in some sweet, sweet fellowship without guilt. Doesn't take deep knowledge for that part to happen, even an arranged marriage would do.

Oh yeah - I agree. I think they have quite the remodelling skills. It just makes it all the more odd to me why Joseph, who bought this house outright, can't either (1) live in it and enjoy it for himself (or heck, himself and a brother or two even, if they want), (2) sell it for a profit, or (3) rent it out for some sweet, sweet income which he can use to buy yet another house and start a rental empire.

Of course he can't, because of his weird religion (and by that I mean the Cult O' Steve).

I also agree that it is nice house. I agree that is odd that Joseph can't live in it or rent it out to make additional income. It is sad that Steve wields that much power over a 24 year old.

Judging from the comments in one of the earlier posts, Granddad is really sick and is in his final days. But he "knows the Lord and is ready". I feel for Gigi and the Maxwells, they do seem to really love the grandparents. Also, I hope they don't "perform" at the funeral.

"Sweet relationships" is code for "infantalizing our adult children, and using them for our own means and ends."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Elizabeth dodged one helluva bullet.

Archived