IGNORED

J.Maxwell rents home to parents?

MamaJunebug

Judging from the comments in one of the earlier posts, Granddad is really sick and is in his final days. But he "knows the Lord and is ready". I feel for Gigi and the Maxwells, they do seem to really love the grandparents. Also, I hope they don't "perform" at the funeral.

this

but... They live in the compound, Teri's Mum wears long skirts... The question is, how much did Stevie force them into the Maxwell lifestyle, were they bullied or brain washed into it, felt they had no other option? Does the pant wearing sister have or is allowed any contact with them, are they even allowed to watch THE BEAST? In short, are they just victims due to their old age, just as much as the Reversals due to their young age are, all because of the sick cult of Stevie Maxwell.

All very sad.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judging from the comments in one of the earlier posts, Granddad is really sick and is in his final days. But he "knows the Lord and is ready". I feel for Gigi and the Maxwells, they do seem to really love the grandparents. Also, I hope they don't "perform" at the funeral.

I was totally going to post something like this but was not sure if this thread was the right place! I do feel bad for them isn't he been sick for years though?

I don't think it's a tax write-off, necessarily, I think it's so that the insurance will continue to insure it. It's something we ran into when my grandmother went into the nursing home but before anyone was ready to sell her home, the insurance required that someone be living in it at least part time, so, my brother moved in rent-free for a year. I think that also allowed for her tax rates to apply (homesteaders and military) since she was still living, even if she wasn't living in the house, she wasn't renting it to anyone, either. It's been a year since the wedding was called off, right? It was supposed to be last August? Meaning the house has been vacant for over a year, even before you consider when Joseph bought the place.

Either that, or somebody broke in. They wouldn't tell us if that was the case, any more than they explained about their website being hacked. But that might explain why they went over at night, so there would be a lot of people and lights on at night, to try to ensure that the house is occasionally and sporadically occupied often enough to deter burglars.

I agree -- I think it's for insurance purposes. The home needs to be occupied to get the most favorable rate, so if they are using it for business purposes, they'll get a better rate.

BUT, here's a question: If you own your home outright (no mortgage), do you HAVE to have homeowner's insurance? Sure, it's a good idea, but fundies hate all insurance, don't they? So isn't it possible they don't have to pay homeowners?

I agree -- I think it's for insurance purposes. The home needs to be occupied to get the most favorable rate, so if they are using it for business purposes, they'll get a better rate.

BUT, here's a question: If you own your home outright (no mortgage), do you HAVE to have homeowner's insurance? Sure, it's a good idea, but fundies hate all insurance, don't they? So isn't it possible they don't have to pay homeowners?

Or, maybe they don't own it outright-- maybe they paid cash for the house, but have a lien on it for construction materials that they needed in a hurry to prep for the new bride who didn't appear? Do as I say I do would not surprise me.

This "we are moving our offices there" may just be a way to light a fire under Sonny to get the house finished, if he abandoned working on it much when the marriage fell through.

I hope this is right place for this comment.

Joseph is speaking directly to his nay sayers!! A must read on the Maxwell Blog!!

I won't argue that it's a smart decision for him financially to live at home right now, but I don't understand why he's not renting out the house. He'd be bringing a significant amount of income in that way and it wouldn't be just sitting there empty.

Yes, NEWS FLASH! Joseph has posted in his own defense why he's not living in his house. It's hilarious, honestly. His family members are his best friends! LOL. Like there was ever any kind of choice there.

"We receive comments on occasion with questions that appear not to be sincere or that might have an agenda."

Who can he be possibly talking about here? :wink-penguin:

Oh

Dear

Dawg

They really did! They devoted a HUGE blogpost to "the naysayers"!!!!!!!!!

We've gotten to them!

And look at that manly, robust photo of Joseph in the Yellow-color Dreamcoat on some-14'er mountain!

Take THAT, naysayers! You're wrong, wRoNg, WRONG, by SteveGod! Joseph is happy! He's NOT under his father's thumb!

OK, he is under his father's thumb but he LIKES being under his father's thumb!

~~~~~~~~

I feel like we've accomplished something. We've made them think. Granted, they won't think long before they go back to the comfort of Dad's Bumbershoot, but they thought. About it. For a hot minute.

~~~~~~~~

Back down to earth.. Or in Grandpa's imminent future, under the earth. (Sorry pun there, my apologies)

It does seems that Teri's sister Tami has not been entirely shut out, and it would be a lousy thing indeed if Tami were somehow excluded from Mr. Grandpa's last rites. It will be interesting to see how this is covered in the blog.

I also wonder if any mention will be made when Stevehovah's mom passes on. If memory serves, she was not into the cult o'Steve and she is dying of Alzheimer's or another dementia-related illness, and the family visit her annually in Omaha, because she doesn't know 'em any more, anyway.

~~~~~~~~

BTW, full disclosure - I haven't read the entire "naysayers" post and don't intend to. But I do think we need to craft a "Naysayer" status ID...whatever the name is for those things.

OH, I can log off with a light heart, today. Boogah, STeve! Boogah-boogah!!!!

:cracking-up:

~~~~~~~~

I feel like we've accomplished something. We've made them think. Granted, they won't think long before they go back to the comfort of Dad's Bumbershoot, but they thought. About it. For a hot minute.

~~~~~~~~

I love it. "Bumbershoot of Protection" sounds so much better than "umbrella of protection."

Joseph wrote:

When the Lord brings me to begin talking with a young lady’s father about courting his daughter, I will approach that father in total honesty. If I was living by myself, I would have no one to back up my word. In my opinion, if I was living alone and said, “You’ll just have to trust me,†that would lend less credibility than the accountability I have welcomed in our family. Living with my family, and having my parents as my accountability partners, I am very grateful for the ability that I have to provide references to my integrity throughout discussions with a father. I believe Jesus gave a precedent for this when He sent the disciples out two-by-two.

So, he claims to love living with his folks for all of these positive reasons, but thinks he will need witnesses to prove he is worthy of marriage -- and he needs that proof not for a woman, but for that woman's -- er, excuse me; young lady's -- father.

Great. :roll:

And he believes Jesus gave a precedent for adults needing to be spied on at all times by sending disciples out 2-by-2 because he's heard that all his restricted, spied-on life.

Too brainwashed to realize he's brainwashed. :(

"We receive comments on occasion with questions that appear not to be sincere or that might have an agenda."

Who can he be possibly talking about here? :wink-penguin:

:wink-penguin: :wink-penguin: Yay I'm a naysayer!!!!1!!! Though most of my comments do get posted :music-tool: Hi Stevie!!!!1!

I wonder how much discussion went in to choosing the word "naysayer" in the post title. What other words do you suppose were considered? Defeatists, prophets of doom, complainers? Liars, sinners, blasphemes? Party poops? It's not often you come across the word "naysayer". SOTDRT strikes again!

I say MAYsayer to your NAYsayer, Joseph! And, don't bother mentioning that failed engagement in talking about your house. I'm sure that has nothing to do with you living at the compound for free.

Too brainwashed to realize he's brainwashed. :(

Aren't they all if they stay in the cults? It's so sad that's really the only way to keep the kids in the program after they grow up.

There will more to the Naysayer because the title is "Responding to Naysayers Part 1".

Oh, how I am anxiously waiting for Part 2. What else can be said? Oh I wonder!! :roll:

There will more to the Naysayer because the title is "Responding to Naysayers Part 1".

Oh, how I am anxiously waiting for Part 2. What else can be said? Oh I wonder!! :roll:

Part 2 could be why Naysayers keep asking why Poor Sarah is a SAHD?

Still laughing at Part 1, this is squarely aimed at us.

Oh Stevie, something that is pissing you off has resulted in the best laugh I've had all day. Your the Naysayer Stevie, with your negative view of the world. :penguin-no: Something to think about?

I'm going to assume that there have been a LOT of inquiries regarding Joseph's empty house, not just a couple of comments. One or two questions wouldn't move Steve to address the issue in a post, but a bunch of them probably got under his (thin) skin.

I will also assume that by "naysayer" he actually means "anyone who hasn't gulped the Kool-Aid by the gallon and dares ask a polite question." NO ONE questions Steve. NO ONE!

Honestly, if Joseph wants to save money by living with his "best friends," I have no problem with that. Good for him. But for the house to sit empty and unrented is just stupid and short-sighted, IMO. I'm sure it's not a matter of having to deal with questionable tenants since they'd probably only rent to godly Christian folk like themselves. But that is something that will never be addressed. If the Maxwells don't talk about it, it never happened.

Yes, NEWS FLASH! Joseph has posted in his own defense why he's not living in his house. It's hilarious, honestly. His family members are his best friends! LOL. Like there was ever any kind of choice there.

I don't believe Joseph wrote a word of it, either! :music-tool:

That said, if the parents don't mind him living there and he doesn't mind living there--so what? He has never known any other life. He's never been ALONE for a moment so he's never been able to really think about any other life. He probably closes his eyes in the shower he's been so beat over the head with purity. I do think it's a shame he can't have the income from the house, but he'll never question the decision.

I am REALLY, really sad for him that he couldn't get married. It would have been nicer than having Steve in his face 24/7, though you have to wonder if the "boys" have to confess lustful thoughts about their wives to Steve??

He seems pretty confident that he will marry. His own brother didn't find a wife until he was 31. His sister is nearly 32 with no courtship in site. Anna will turn 21 in a couple weeks and is "prime" marriageable age, yet has no prospects in site. "Somebody" is not happy with all things Maxwell as they are not being "blessed" in the marriage area.

Maybe the next post will have something to do with 5 unmarried adult children. Clearly, something is wrong.

He's confident that he will marry because he has the agency to do so. He doesn't have to sit at home waiting for a man to come calling and daddy to approve. Yes, the girls can refuse him, but he knows there are plenty who wouldn't. I bet he will go for one like Anna Marie next time... someone more like his sisters, super conservative, and nothing like the Muncks. Basically someone he can be almost certain won't reject him.

this

but... They live in the compound, Teri's Mum wears long skirts... The question is, how much did Stevie force them into the Maxwell lifestyle, were they bullied or brain washed into it, felt they had no other option? Does the pant wearing sister have or is allowed any contact with them, are they even allowed to watch THE BEAST? In short, are they just victims due to their old age, just as much as the Reversals due to their young age are, all because of the sick cult of Stevie Maxwell.

All very sad.

Part of me thinks then it comes to the grandparents that they realize that they better be the way Steve and Teri are or they would not be allowed to see their grandkids. Even if they did not have the same believes. I think before Steve's mother got really sick they did not see her much, probably cause he did want his mother to give any ideas to the kids that their is a life outside what they were being told.

In the Moody family series, it is the father's parents to become Christians, I am sure Sarah wrote it that way cause deep down she probably wished it was Steve's side that became religious.

Interesting content of the post however the MOST interesting part is the skill level of the writer. I think Sarah may very well be the most gifted writer of the family...

Of course Joseph thinks he will get married soon. He probably thinks that he is G-d's gift to a woman cause he has been told that all of this life, from his parents and sisters.

I think they're bailing him out, but putting a spin on it.

I think it's an insurance issue. Most insurance companies will not insure a vacant property.

Archived