IGNORED

Name that fundie!

Ridiculous

Maranatha, Maranatha! Isn't Maranatha's daughter's kid named Living Hope, or something? I believe the daughter is named something relatively normal, like Lauren. Oh God, now I'm going to have to read about that balls-out crazy wedding all over again to refresh my memory on the disturbing details. Minor girls marrying grown men! Controlling fathers! Faux judaism! It's a celebration of disturbing and wrong priorities.

Maranatha is the mother, Lauren is her daughter. Her courtship story is ever so slightly less disturbing but she was married off at the ripe old age of 16 (although if you read the original accounts it sounds like she was actually 15 and they waited until she was 16 to sign the paperwork and make it all legal) to a man about 10 years her senior. She has two kids, Caleb (possibly named for her mother's miscarriage) and Living Hope who goes by 'Livi'. She shares her Titus2 wisdom at a blogspot blog titled "Wearing His purity".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember the girl who's father made her dress up and wait every night till he determined it was the right day to get married to her so much older spouse? Her mother was a scant teenager when she married as well? I wonder how many children the daughter has now. The guy was infatuated with her when she was very young and was determined to marry her. The father encouraged him and finally let her get married. She and her sisters did some some of Hebraic wedding dance at the fundie reception.

Was that the same one where she washed his feet with her hair as part of the ceremony?

He has a twitter account twitter.com/imasaved1

and a blog net-4-christ.org/dressing-for-christ/ where he is Reclaiming The Internet For The Glory of God because we know that the internet was originally strictly a godly place.

:lol: So he says men shouldn't give clothing advice to unmarried women and that women should only take advice from their husband and then he proceeds to tell women how to dress. He is as annoying as I remember.

Shot in the dark here.

Mormon blogger, whilst driving one of her kids fell out the back of the car. Son doing missionary work in NY (where all the savages live :lol: ) Son had some pretty obnoxious views.

Do you mean bjdentonfamily.blogspot.com? Her son Tucker was on a mission in NYC and was really creepy. He's now getting married (or was married this week) to a girl he dated for about 2 months. :pink-shock:

Was that the same one where she washed his feet with her hair as part of the ceremony?

I don't recall if she was the one who washed his feet with her hair but that's exactly the kind of thing that would appeal to the architects of this particular kind of ick so I wouldn't be at all surprised. I remember Katie Smorton washing the feet of her bridegroom. Vomit.

Who was the freak who dissected her miscarriage and had her husband examine it under a microscope for further examination? I remember they named the baby "siete" because it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode "The Seven."

Would love to know if these sick bastards are still blogging and would love to know what they are up to!

• 2 weeks later...

The fundie I'm thinking of was about thirty, with a few small kids. She was depressed (maybe PPD?). The thing I remember was that she sewed these really beautiful dresses. Non-fundie stuff, like wide scoopnecks and fitted bodices. There was a post about her and her husband going to a social gathering. Her dress was Victorian and her husband's outfit was Edwardian, and she hoped nobody would notice that the outfits didn't "match." I was at the fabric store today, and seeing patterns for Halloween costumes made me think of her.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if this thread is the right way to do it, but there was a couple I remember reading about back when I was lurking that suddenly popped into my head today. I don't think they had a website but their "courtship story" was posted somewhere. The woman was an absolutely gorgeous redhead in her early 20s and she was marrying a really schlubby never-married man who was in his 50s. I think they met because he was taking piano lessons from her. It was such a bizarre situation and I wish I knew how it all ended up!

What was the name of the fundie who adopted some orphans from Haiti but they didn't quite acclimate to living in the US or having her as their mother? She acted as if they were horrible creatures defying her on purpose instead of getting them the help they needed. She really turned up the narcissistic martyrdom to eleven.

I don't know if this thread is the right way to do it, but there was a couple I remember reading about back when I was lurking that suddenly popped into my head today. I don't think they had a website but their "courtship story" was posted somewhere. The woman was an absolutely gorgeous redhead in her early 20s and she was marrying a really schlubby never-married man who was in his 50s. I think they met because he was taking piano lessons from her. It was such a bizarre situation and I wish I knew how it all ended up!

Found it on the Seppi Blog:

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2012/06/newly-weds-bruce-brady-hannah-richards.html

bruce+&+hanneah+139_n.jpg

Wedding+Greg+&+Regina+by+Stephanie+Kuttig+021.jpg

ETA: And just found their wedding website:

hannahbruce.ourwedding.com/view/9629625071436675/26985447

That's some sociopathic shit right there.

Gotta be honest, I do research on mice. This fucking turned my stomach. To think of her doing stuff like that to the poor mouse when there are entire COMMITTEES at animal-use institutions dedicated to making sure we treat the animals with decency and ensure a humane endpoint. I just can't with this bitch. Sometimes my coworkers and I complain about the hoops we need to jump through, but without the regulations I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. :(

What was the name of the fundie who adopted some orphans from Haiti but they didn't quite acclimate to living in the US or having her as their mother? She acted as if they were horrible creatures defying her on purpose instead of getting them the help they needed. She really turned up the narcissistic martyrdom to eleven.

Emma -- here's her subforum:

viewforum.php?f=105

Wow I gotta know more about this redhead Hannah Richards. Why would she marry him?? Off to search...

If anyone else is interested

The internets say he is currently 54 and she is 27. Here are their linkedins with pics

linkedin.com/pub/hannah-brady/60/380/652?trk=pub-pbmap

linkedin.com/pub/bruce-brady/61/198/781

Thanks, Marian and NotALoser! It looks like she went to college, albeit a religious one, and has a job. And the courtship story doesn't sound as "parent-guided" as I imagined. Maybe it's just one of those weird things.

Hannah and Bruce -- wow. I think I just crossed my legs about 3 times around. I hope she loves him. I'm sure he loves her.

Thanks, Marian and NotALoser! It looks like she went to college, albeit a religious one, and has a job. And the courtship story doesn't sound as "parent-guided" as I imagined. Maybe it's just one of those weird things.

I actually hope it's one of those weird things that actually work out. This sounds terribly superficial but they seem so mismatched on the outside but that doesn't mean that there can be love and true emotional connection. Hope that is the case and it wasn't just settling for the very first one or a Daddy thing.

I once followed a fundie-light blog called "My peacefully chaotic life". A married couple with a few kids, the oldest one was a lot older than the rest and she called him "guitar man" at the blog. She had a miscarriage around the same time as Michelle Duggar with Jubilee and posted about it as well.

I cannot find her blog anymore but would be curious to see more details... 8-)

I guess no one remembers the fundies I mentioned.

I've been wracking my brains on the first one because it really sounds familiar, but no luck yet. Copying from your previous post to see if they ring a bell for others.

Who was the blogger who had several children, were quiverfull and I think had the quiverfull title in their blog. Their son, I

wanna say his name was Elijah or something similar, was very sick. He was in and out of the hospital and they had a prayer button for him. I believe she closed the blog or put it on private.

These are almost too generically Fundie. Could be any number of people. Sorry.

Also, who was the woman with several children, mostly young boys and one daughter. She found out the daughter was not being a "good" sister and was getting mad at her brothers, pushing them and such behind the mom's back.

On a similar note, who was the blogger who said her daughter got more chores than her brothers because she was a girl?

Archived