IGNORED

Name that fundie!

Ridiculous

I can't be the only one who has watched as fundie after fundie rose to FJ "fame" then dropped out of the spotlight or, sometimes, practically off the face of the Earth. I for one have a hard time remembering just who did what bit of crazy way back when. So I thought this thread would be useful.

If there's a fundie tale you just can't link to a name (or vice versa), post it here and maybe someone can help you Name That Fundie!

I'll go first.

The mom clearly had some sort of obsessive-compulsive disorder and was manic about minimizing to the point that her children had no toys and only a single change of clothes. I believe towards the end she was planning to head off for adventure with the kids in an RV. I think her husband worked on trains and was frequently away for long periods of time. I remember they were vegetarians and she "minimized" their diet to basically plain steamed veggies for every meal. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was The Lazy Organizer. She seems to have dropped off the interwebs for the past couple of years.

(jumping up and down) I'll go next!

She became fundie on her own, and her Catholic parents couldn't comprehend her no-job, no-college, just sitting around and trying to be Godly attitude. She and her fiance got an apartment and a joint checking account a month before the wedding, for murky "legal reasons," but didn't utilize either until after the wedding. And, IIFC, she not only knew the day she conceived, but the exact hour.

I haven't read anything about her for a few years, and I honestly can't remember her name.

(jumping up and down) I'll go next!

She became fundie on her own, and her Catholic parents couldn't comprehend her no-job, no-college, just sitting around and trying to be Godly attitude. She and her fiance got an apartment and a joint checking account a month before the wedding, for murky "legal reasons," but didn't utilize either until after the wedding. And, IIFC, she not only knew the day she conceived, but the exact hour.

I haven't read anything about her for a few years, and I honestly can't remember her name.

Was this Lina of A Set Apart Life? Texan, fake Jew, wife of Taliban Tony?

Was this Lina of A Set Apart Life? Texan, fake Jew, wife of Taliban Tony?

I think it might actually be Lina's friend Andrea Herrera, right? I don't know what her blog name was or if she still blogs.

It seems like a lot of the "I'm an 18-Year-Old SAHD Who Knows Everything and Is Obsessed With Femininity" bloggers have left the blogosphere.

Shot in the dark here.

Mormon blogger, whilst driving one of her kids fell out the back of the car. Son doing missionary work in NY (where all the savages live :lol: ) Son had some pretty obnoxious views.

Here, try this one. The blogger was a mother of several blonde children, maybe fundie lite but not fundie. Her son Kurt/Curt had joined a more extreme church, was only 18, and was marrying a church worker in her mid 20s after only a few weeks of dating. The son's life was being consumed by this church- I think they had even convinced him to leave college? Anyway, son and new wife had cut off contact with his family and the mother was desperate. Who's this blogger? And whatever happened to them?

"Here, try this one. The blogger was a mother of several blonde children, maybe fundie lite but not fundie. Her son Kurt/Curt had joined a more extreme church, was only 18, and was marrying a church worker in her mid 20s after only a few weeks of dating. The son's life was being consumed by this church- I think they had even convinced him to leave college? Anyway, son and new wife had cut off contact with his family and the mother was desperate. Who's this blogger? And whatever happened to them?"

I don't think she was a regular blogger but I remember her, wasn't she the one who said the church her son was a part of was a cult? She talked with the pastor of that church who blew her off. I just remember the church was in MN. The Crossing Church was the name of the one she spoke about. Here is the website of the mother blogger.

onemothersjourney7.blogspot.com/

I think it might actually be Lina's friend Andrea Herrera, right? I don't know what her blog name was or if she still blogs.

It seems like a lot of the "I'm an 18-Year-Old SAHD Who Knows Everything and Is Obsessed With Femininity" bloggers have left the blogosphere.

I think her name was Andrea. IIRC, she grew up in Texas but moved to Colorado as a teen.

Who was the fundie blogger who slowly tortured a mouse to death for fun?

I remember her! She and her non-fundie sister were taking a science class at a community college, and she complained that her lab partner was tattooed or pierced or had "weird" hair or something else generally considered okay by normal people. She was also taking a theater class online, something about historical costuming.

I am not proud that I remember such inconsequential information about people I've never met, nor will ever meet.

For some reason I think the mouse torturer was named Anna. She kept her room a filthy mess and mice kept getting in so she would try different kinds of traps and she ended up liking the sticky traps best because she could catch them alive and do stuff to them until they died. At least that is how I remember it. She did go to college and I don't remember the rest of her family being as fundie as she was. She did close her blog after ranting about how it was just a mouse and she wasn't evil but I bet she opened it again after she was forgotten.

Found it. I guess I should have googled before asking. Her blog appears to still be down but it was Anna from Damsel in Delight.

But here is what she did to the mouse:

Sissy got me some of those sticky traps, and I set one by the pumpkin seed fragments in anticipation. A few days later I heard this squeaky nose across the room... sure enough, I'd gotten a little one. After I got out of bed I knelt down to be at eye-level with the mouse, and blew in his face. I think he almost had a heart attack. I'm not for animal cruelty or anything, but this little guy was fascinating! I broke a twig off of my dwarf pomegranate tree and poked him in the belly. There came from out of his mouth a type of mouse-scream. Then I stuck the twig under his nose, and after he bit it with his long teeth I flipped the whole sticky board upside down to see his response. More mousy-screams.

This went on for 20 minutes or so, and then I decided it was time to stop tormenting the mouse and start my day. I let him sit there for a good 24 hours not undisturbed. The next day I decided I would be nice and 'rescue' him. After getting some latex gloves from the barn, I carefully pulled him off the trap and put him in a large plastic container previously used for holding dried bay leaves. I don't think he liked the smell. I named him Edward, gave him some more pumpkin seeds, and let him be. Unfortunately mice don't do well in captivity, and he died the next day. And then he decomposed with the pumpkin seeds until I remembered his existence several days later

fstdt.proboards.com/thread/6985

That was fucking disturbing. Damn.

Did anyone else read a blog called Dancing in Yahwa, Child of Yahwa, or The Titus Keeper, or something like that. Her name was Jess, and she had an online store where she sold homemade lotions and stuff. She was divorced twice, but called herself a widow. She wouldn't work, refused to even try to get a job, because she needed to be a full time mother and raise her daughter.

She had some insane stories, and was a professional victim.

Does anyone remember if she's still blogging somewhere?

Holy crap. Just. Holy crap. That is absolutely sickening. The poor mouse. The way she wrote that, she comes across as so gleeful and sociopathic. Legitimately terrifying. I hope she's gotten some help.

Who was the woman who lived in her church's basement and was under the authority of the church elders? She was divorced, and I think her teenage son was working to support them because she believed she should be home with the kids ( even though they didn't actually have a home).

I believe she came here to defend herself.

Who was the woman who lived in her church's basement and was under the authority of the church elders? She was divorced, and I think her teenage son was working to support them because she believed she should be home with the kids ( even though they didn't actually have a home).

I believe she came here to defend herself.

She did come here and didn't she post her real phone number and tell people to call her? I can't remember who she was, though.

For some reason I think the mouse torturer was named Anna. She kept her room a filthy mess and mice kept getting in so she would try different kinds of traps and she ended up liking the sticky traps best because she could catch them alive and do stuff to them until they died. At least that is how I remember it. She did go to college and I don't remember the rest of her family being as fundie as she was. She did close her blog after ranting about how it was just a mouse and she wasn't evil but I bet she opened it again after she was forgotten.

Found it. I guess I should have googled before asking. Her blog appears to still be down but it was Anna from Damsel in Delight.

Sissy got me some of those sticky traps, and I set one by the pumpkin seed fragments in anticipation. A few days later I heard this squeaky nose across the room... sure enough, I'd gotten a little one. After I got out of bed I knelt down to be at eye-level with the mouse, and blew in his face. I think he almost had a heart attack. I'm not for animal cruelty or anything, but this little guy was fascinating! I broke a twig off of my dwarf pomegranate tree and poked him in the belly. There came from out of his mouth a type of mouse-scream. Then I stuck the twig under his nose, and after he bit it with his long teeth I flipped the whole sticky board upside down to see his response. More mousy-screams.

This went on for 20 minutes or so, and then I decided it was time to stop tormenting the mouse and start my day. I let him sit there for a good 24 hours not undisturbed. The next day I decided I would be nice and 'rescue' him. After getting some latex gloves from the barn, I carefully pulled him off the trap and put him in a large plastic container previously used for holding dried bay leaves. I don't think he liked the smell. I named him Edward, gave him some more pumpkin seeds, and let him be. Unfortunately mice don't do well in captivity, and he died the next day. And then he decomposed with the pumpkin seeds until I remembered his existence several days later

That's some sociopathic shit right there.

Can we do a "where is that fundie now" question too???

I'm thinking of the sisters who wrote the fundie girl's magazine of the 90's, HopeChest magazine. I know one sister was named Claire, the other had an unusual name, maybe Fairchild? And I think the last name was Meyer, I believe. They eventually passed the magazine on to another set of sisters, and went onto other things. I've always been curious what paths they took in life.

Can we do a "where is that fundie now" question too???

I'm thinking of the sisters who wrote the fundie girl's magazine of the 90's, HopeChest magazine. I know one sister was named Claire, the other had an unusual name, maybe Fairchild? And I think the last name was Meyer, I believe. They eventually passed the magazine on to another set of sisters, and went onto other things. I've always been curious what paths they took in life.

I remember the sisters you're talking about -- Fairlight and Claire Meyer. I haven't been able to find much on Fairlight, except that she's alive, presumably unmarried, and is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fairlight.meyer. Claire (also unmarried from what I can tell) seems to have taken a decidedly un-fundie route in life. She went to med school at Washington U. in St. Louis and is currently completing a gastroenterology fellowship there: http://gastro.wustl.edu/fellowships/Meyer.html.

I'd be fascinated to speak with Claire about how she was able to reconcile her extremist upbringing with her career plans. Would be nice if others (Jill Duggar?) could follow in her footsteps.

Most traces of HopeChest Magazine itself seem to have disappeared from the interwebs. Anyone know where there might be an archive?

That is awful, and not normal. Surely a non sociopathic adult would not get joy out of poking a trapped mouse with a stick for 20 minutes.

Archived