IGNORED

Name that fundie!

Ridiculous

I had a nightmare about evil mouse killer last night. I was trapped in her house with my kids(who in the dream were really young) and I was trying to hide from her because I knew she was going to do horrible things to us and the whole house was filled with the sound of screaming mice.

She is one of those fundies I really, really wish weren't real.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the sisters you're talking about -- Fairlight and Claire Meyer. I haven't been able to find much on Fairlight, except that she's alive, presumably unmarried, and is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fairlight.meyer. Claire (also unmarried from what I can tell) seems to have taken a decidedly un-fundie route in life. She went to med school at Washington U. in St. Louis and is currently completing a gastroenterology fellowship there: http://gastro.wustl.edu/fellowships/Meyer.html.

I'd be fascinated to speak with Claire about how she was able to reconcile her extremist upbringing with her career plans. Would be nice if others (Jill Duggar?) could follow in her footsteps.

Most traces of HopeChest Magazine itself seem to have disappeared from the interwebs. Anyone know where there might be an archive?

Interestingly, I recall that Claire had plans to attend medical school while they were still publishing HopeChest. I think that's one of the reasons they passed the magazine on--because Claire was getting very busy with college. At the time, it struck me as hypocritical to publish a mag dedicated to teaching girls to be SAHD and yet be personally pursuing an education and career. :-) I too would love to see how involved Claire still is in the fundie world.

The mouse torturer is really disturbing. I was trying to remember who she was.

In a way, it's too bad she took the blog down. Just so people could see how seriously sick she is. Hope she's not had any courtships......I wouldn't wish her on any fundie guy.

In a way, it's too bad she took the blog down. Just so people could see how seriously sick she is. Hope she's not had any courtships......I wouldn't wish her on any fundie guy.

I think the average guy, thinking of courting her, would look her up (or his parents would) and see that and be instantly turned off, but since shes closed her blog, ewwwww hope she hasnt had children by now to practice on, or be married to a guy who has a pet rat or something. Or be allowed to own pets.

Are there any unmarried Pearls? Cause I think Debi and Michael would be so proud and congratulate her on practicing parenting on that mouse, and talk about what a good mother she will be.

Ok, here's one I am trying to think of. I don't think she was heavily followed here but I found her blog/wedding pics through here. This was a fundie girl who looked very much like a child bride when she married. She was of age, but her wedding dress made her look much younger, her bridemaids wore flip-flops and her mother wore a frumper to her wedding? I thought her husband didn't have a fundie upbringing (got into it later) but they did the whole courtship thing (asked her to court at at Tea Party rally or something) and she popped out a couple of kids in quick order before her blog disappeared. Anyone remember?

Ok, here's one I am trying to think of. I don't think she was heavily followed here but I found her blog/wedding pics through here. This was a fundie girl who looked very much like a child bride when she married. She was of age, but her wedding dress made her look much younger, her bridemaids wore flip-flops and her mother wore a frumper to her wedding? I thought her husband didn't have a fundie upbringing (got into it later) but they did the whole courtship thing (asked her to court at at Tea Party rally or something) and she popped out a couple of kids in quick order before her blog disappeared. Anyone remember?

Oh! This sounds so familiar, but I can't think of who it is either.

Who was the guy blogger(he might have been a pastor) who ran some sort of Christian teen forum at one point that there was a lot of drama over him and his treatment of the teens. He had another blog and I think he came here briefly. He was IFB if I remember correctly.

Interestingly, I recall that Claire had plans to attend medical school while they were still publishing HopeChest. I think that's one of the reasons they passed the magazine on--because Claire was getting very busy with college. At the time, it struck me as hypocritical to publish a mag dedicated to teaching girls to be SAHD and yet be personally pursuing an education and career. :-) I too would love to see how involved Claire still is in the fundie world.

My procrastination/ Google sleuthing has revealed that Fairlight is currently an ELL teacher in the EBIL public schools! http://meyer.hurt.rcps.info/modules/tt/ ... 0939e3ce02 Interesting that neither of the Meyer sisters have followed the life path they espoused for years in print. Would love to hear what they think now of their early foray into publication...

Oh! This sounds so familiar, but I can't think of who it is either.

Who was the guy blogger(he might have been a pastor) who ran some sort of Christian teen forum at one point that there was a lot of drama over him and his treatment of the teens. He had another blog and I think he came here briefly. He was IFB if I remember correctly.

That guy blogger sounds familiar too and am racking my brains trying to think of his name.

My procrastination/ Google sleuthing has revealed that Fairlight is currently an ELL teacher in the EBIL public schools! http://meyer.hurt.rcps.info/modules/tt/ ... 0939e3ce02 Interesting that neither of the Meyer sisters have followed the life path they espoused for years in print. Would love to hear what they think now of their early foray into publication...

And she went to a real college:

http://www.mbc.edu/news/2008/04/09/thes ... s-to-know/

(she's in the fall 2007 honor list)

That guy blogger sounds familiar too and am racking my brains trying to think of his name.

I think his blog had something about a trumpet or a horn in the title?

Who was the blogger who had several children, were quiverfull and I think had the quiverfull title in their blog. Their son, I

wanna say his name was Elijah or something similar, was very sick. He was in and out of the hospital and they had a prayer button for him. I believe she closed the blog or put it on private.

Also, who was the woman with several children, mostly young boys and one daughter. She found out the daughter was not being a "good" sister and was getting mad at her brothers, pushing them and such behind the mom's back.

On a similar note, who was the blogger who said her daughter got more chores than her brothers because she was a girl?

For some reason I think the mouse torturer was named Anna. She kept her room a filthy mess and mice kept getting in so she would try different kinds of traps and she ended up liking the sticky traps best because she could catch them alive and do stuff to them until they died. At least that is how I remember it. She did go to college and I don't remember the rest of her family being as fundie as she was. She did close her blog after ranting about how it was just a mouse and she wasn't evil but I bet she opened it again after she was forgotten.

Found it. I guess I should have googled before asking. Her blog appears to still be down but it was Anna from Damsel in Delight.

But here is what she did to the mouse:

Sissy got me some of those sticky traps, and I set one by the pumpkin seed fragments in anticipation. A few days later I heard this squeaky nose across the room... sure enough, I'd gotten a little one. After I got out of bed I knelt down to be at eye-level with the mouse, and blew in his face. I think he almost had a heart attack. I'm not for animal cruelty or anything, but this little guy was fascinating! I broke a twig off of my dwarf pomegranate tree and poked him in the belly. There came from out of his mouth a type of mouse-scream. Then I stuck the twig under his nose, and after he bit it with his long teeth I flipped the whole sticky board upside down to see his response. More mousy-screams.

This went on for 20 minutes or so, and then I decided it was time to stop tormenting the mouse and start my day. I let him sit there for a good 24 hours not undisturbed. The next day I decided I would be nice and 'rescue' him. After getting some latex gloves from the barn, I carefully pulled him off the trap and put him in a large plastic container previously used for holding dried bay leaves. I don't think he liked the smell. I named him Edward, gave him some more pumpkin seeds, and let him be. Unfortunately mice don't do well in captivity, and he died the next day. And then he decomposed with the pumpkin seeds until I remembered his existence several days later

fstdt.proboards.com/thread/6985

My husband and I tend not to use sticky traps at all any more because as we get older we view them as more cruel than a good snap trap. -and I am here to say, having used sticky traps in the past, she could not take him off a sticky trap with out a lot of internal injuries.

I wouldn't wish her on any fundie kids! :shock:

I think the average guy, thinking of courting her, would look her up (or his parents would) and see that and be instantly turned off, but since shes closed her blog, ewwwww hope she hasnt had children by now to practice on, or be married to a guy who has a pet rat or something. Or be allowed to own pets.

Are there any unmarried Pearls? Cause I think Debi and Michael would be so proud and congratulate her on practicing parenting on that mouse, and talk about what a good mother she will be.

All five Pearl children are married.

Randy Ross of the late, lamented bastion of absurdity known as Teens-4-Christ. That forum is long gone, but many of its most ridiculous posts live on in the archives of Fundies Say The Darndest Things.

His blog: imasaved1.blogspot.com

Randy Ross of the late, lamented bastion of absurdity known as Teens-4-Christ. That forum is long gone, but many of its most ridiculous posts live on in the archives of Fundies Say The Darndest Things.

I remember him. He showed up twice when we were on yuku to educate us womens on our evil ways. His blog has been quite for like a year.

Thank you! I couldn't remember who he was but I do remember him coming to Yuku and being a jerk.

Whoa. Super curious about the mouse-torturer. That's a pretty serious bit of mental illness there. I hope she\her family are ok D:

I vaguely remember this one. She was 18 or 19 and her name was Anna. She caught the mouse in her room and instead of either killing it cleanly or releasing it into the wild, she let it die of thirst and starvation over a span of days. I also remember that she flounced after numerous FJers unleashed some serious whoop-ass, verbally, on her for her cruelty.

Thank you! I couldn't remember who he was but I do remember him coming to Yuku and being a jerk.

OK, that was it. I wasn't around in the Yuku days but remember someone mentioning him and may have posted the link to his visit.

Remember the girl who's father made her dress up and wait every night till he determined it was the right day to get married to her so much older spouse? Her mother was a scant teenager when she married as well? I wonder how many children the daughter has now. The guy was infatuated with her when she was very young and was determined to marry her. The father encouraged him and finally let her get married. She and her sisters did some some of Hebraic wedding dance at the fundie reception.

Remember the girl who's father made her dress up and wait every night till he determined it was the right day to get married to her so much older spouse? Her mother was a scant teenager when she married as well? I wonder how many children the daughter has now. The guy was infatuated with her when she was very young and was determined to marry her. The father encouraged him and finally let her get married. She and her sisters did some some of Hebraic wedding dance at the fundie reception.

Maranatha, Maranatha! Isn't Maranatha's daughter's kid named Living Hope, or something? I believe the daughter is named something relatively normal, like Lauren. Oh God, now I'm going to have to read about that balls-out crazy wedding all over again to refresh my memory on the disturbing details. Minor girls marrying grown men! Controlling fathers! Faux judaism! It's a celebration of disturbing and wrong priorities.

I can see him now:

2xodt8i.jpg

Wrong kind of trap, I know, but it was all I could find.

All five Pearl children are married.

They consider themselves married, but never got licenses, because the government is a tool of the sodomites, dontcha know.

He has a twitter account twitter.com/imasaved1

and a blog net-4-christ.org/dressing-for-christ/ where he is Reclaiming The Internet For The Glory of God because we know that the internet was originally strictly a godly place.

Archived