IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Vive La France

happy atheist

And she's so authentic that she removed the not so positive comment. She's just all kinds of authentic with her full make-up and constant editing of her blog and removing anything she doesn't want to hear, even when said by those who truly care about her.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're famous!

This is a comment on the Rubbing Away the Black blog post:

Patience · 8 October 2013, 07:04

Love this blog and love your gorgeous family!!

Just wanted to let you know there are some truly horrid people that I believe are stalking you online. They are posting photos of your precious children with the most horrid comments I have ever seen about an innocent child.

You should consider taking security measures to keep them off your social networking sites – it really is pathetic that anyone would stoop as low as them.

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=240

and when someone tells her she shouldn't put our URL out there because it will just give us moar readers she responds with:

20 · Patience · 9 October 2013, 00:22

Why would I want to keep that link private? Lauren has plenty of people who love her and her blog and who would also object to the horrific things being said there. I highly doubt many people reading here would actually care to join in on such heinous conversation about a wonderful woman and her beautiful family.

Those women are very, very sick. Their criticism has actually stopped to making fun of her makeup and her sweet daughters appearance.

I believe these women know how wrong what they are doing is – they go to great lengths to make sure the members there don’t give direct links to blogs. This, of course, must be because they know how vile and perverse their so-called snarking is.

Lauren doesn’t hide behind broken links or fake usernames – she is authentic, raw, and unashamed — as she should be!!

I believe all fans of her blog should be able to see how disturbed this group of people is. I think it really says something about themselves.

For those of you who care, I believe this is HomeGirlRuby. After we Closeted her for her attempted sock puppetry, she warned us that she was going to tattle to all the people we talk about so that they would all go private and we would no longer have anyone to snark on. :cry:

I don't recall anyone ever insulting Lauren's children. Pity them? Yes. Critical of Lauren's parenting and behavior? Absolutely. But her children are intelligent, beautiful, lovely children who are blameless in this whole fiasco.

You can't 'stalk' someone online through their public blog and posts. People need to realize that when you post things online, including pictures of your children, you're putting it all out there for public consumption. Also, one of the things I really appreciate about FJ is that members here very rarely harass people through their blogs or social media (and no, posting a comment disagreeing with something a fundie writes on their blog does not constitute harassment).

I doubt Lauren cares about Free Jinger. She has dreads. They make up for all the criticism she receives here.

I almost want to call HomegirlRuby out on the sparkling ones website but I know better then to poke the crazy.

They only comments on the girls appearance have been about them looking unwashed/unkempt, which at their age is theresponsibility of the adult, and when they were allowed to cut their own hair, that it looked awful. Again, responsibility of the adult. Apart from that it's all talk of how we wished we could give them love, reassurance and security.

Yes. Then you too could make deep connections with passing indigenous Australians in shopping centers and befriend heroin dealers while parking in large public housing estates. Without dreads you will forever be a mediocre middle class conformist. You must buy the complete non conformist uniform to achieve true authenticity

Sigh. Just yeaterday I attempted a casual friendly smile at a random person in the street and they accused me of being a suburban housewife. I know if I'd been authentic they would have smiled back.

Looks like someone may be calling her out. This is proving to be great entertainment for my sick day.

Patience – I’m more curious as to how you even found that link, and seem to know so much about it ?

I never knew such a thing existed until you posted the link.

I imagine it is just people with too much time on their hands.

I agree its not nice but I have certainly read worse.

Lauren is incredibly savvy and manipulative and knows how to get what she wants despite being in a financial situation where she could actually fund for those things herself (gypsy vans, holidays... to name a few). I am certain that she is fully aware of freejinger already and probably reads us all the time, to say nothing of the fact that I am also certain that she plays up to us by posting certain comments, etc thinking that it drives us crazy. Lauren, it doesn't drive us crazy, it drives YOU crazy.

Rather than being offensive, I prefer to discuss my theories here than, say comment on her blog because if I posted them on her blog it would be pointlessly rude and I'd be accused of trolling. Actually I'd just like to see some psycho-medical intervention for Lauren and some standards for her children. If she wants to homeschool, fine, it is allowed in Australia, all I ask is that her children's development is somehow assessed so that THEY know they can turn to someone who isn't a narcissistic martyr role playing psychopath.

Lauren some of us see right through you. I don't understand why you play this game, but I can see that you do indeed play it. First with David and now alone, except when easily manipulated idiots cross your path, then you involve them for a short while for your own benefit too. Your game playing has done nothing but destroy people - so please, get psychoanalytical help. It might have worked to mentally satisfy you in your own family internalised cult behaviour when David was around but now there's more at stake -and your babes are older and becoming more aware, you're not playing with dolls, you're playing with the mental well being of real humans who are growing up and won't be satisfied to remain under your control forever. You need to equip them to have a life that is sincere and fulfilling and not reliant on bullshit. Like you Lauren, I don't believe that death is the end. Unlike you, I don't believe that creating an unhealthy game playing vacuum where my husband ultimately kills our son is a neutral event. It isn't a neutral event, it's a something seriously fucked up is happening in our family dynamic event. And you are the last adult standing. So please, think of your children.

I doubt Lauren cares about Free Jinger. She has dreads. They make up for all the criticism she receives here.

I almost want to call HomegirlRuby out on the sparkling ones website but I know better then to poke the crazy.

She already knows about us - don't tell me you don't know that! She's the epitome of a narcissist and freejinger comes up straight away when you search sparkling adventures. She's definitely here, amongst us ALREADY

She already knows about us - don't tell me you don't know that! She's the epitome of a narcissist and freejinger comes up straight away when you search sparkling adventures. She's definitely here, amongst us ALREADY

I'm sure she has a google alert set up for all the names which involve her life.

I'm not down on her for not wearing makeup though, I just wanted to clarify. It amazes me that she manages to put on a full face every day - no mother of toddlers I know does that unless she's working, and even then it's not usually as well applied as Lauren's. I didn't wear makeup at all except for events like weddings until my youngest started school and I rediscovered it.

Especially strange as she spends a lot of time in the tropics, she must need to touch it up a few times during the day.

Lauren is aware of us and reads here, without a doubt.

When she was soliciting questions, I submitted one asking about her religious/spiritual identity and journey. She replied with a lovely email saying that she planned to address it in a post soon.

Then I mentioned the question here - the next time I went to her blog I was IP blocked and she's never written the post answering my questions.

Also, I am in no way snarking on her for her makeup or lack thereof. I am snarking at her for constantly preaching that outward appearances don't matter whilst devoting considerable effort to her appearance and defining herself by it (wearing all red, calling herself Red Gypsy, going on and on about her dreads and having them professionally maintained, wearing outfits that are obviously thoughtfully put together while her daughters run round in mismatched rags and do it yourself haircuts).

I hope her supporters do read here and stop to think about the things that are being criticized.

I've always thought that the reason there is such a contrast between Lauren and her daughters is because she the type of woman who does not like competition from her daughters. I imagine there will be worse once they hit puberty. I'll bet the girls will be sent to live elsewhere once they are about 12-13, so as to not deflect attention from the Sparkly One. I also think that if her son had lived, he would have been the favored child.

Well, Lauren, if you're reading here, here it is: nobody makes fun of your daughters. I doubt if there's anyone here, from the youngsters who haven't their own children yet, through the childless, child-rearing, and recently child-free, to the greying grannies, who wouldn't wholeheartedly take your daughters into their house, give them a hot bath, some clean clothes, a decent nutritious meal and a cuddle.

We just comment worriedly on the pictures YOU SHOW US ON A PUBLIC BLOG of their pallid, tired little faces; their fatigue-bruised eyes; their cold, grubby feet; their ragged and dirty clothes. We also comment on how, masking it with a spurious wash of 'children should be autonomous', YOU swan around doing exactly what YOU want, neglecting your children's care and education for your own selfish ends, and leaving them to struggle to bring themselves up. Sure, unschooling/respectful parenting/childhood autonomy work. But they work within a framework of sanity, love and security, not within your horrible mess and your selfish disdain for the effort most people put into bringing up their children.

And if we snark on you, Lauren, it's because of your monumental hypocrisy, and the way you claim that your child-rearing is morally superior when all you are really doing is to justify the choices you make for your own pleasure by claiming that they are somehow 'purer' and 'more authentic' than those others make.

Lauren, you can go to hell in a handbasket for all I care. Unfortunately, that would impact four little girls who didn't ask to be brought into the world, and deserve consistent, attentive, thoughtful and coherent parenting - as do all children - but who aren't getting it because of a selfish and immature poseuse of a mother who just buggered off on a world trip leaving them with someone they barely knew, a year after they traumatically lost their father and brother. You could have left them with family. You could not have left them at all. Instead you left them with someone with whom they have no depth of emotional connection; someone who, as she made it clear, struggled to parent them.

Do you suppose that that woman's son enjoyed having to share his mother with four little girls? Do you suppose that two weeks went on entirely without squabbles, angst, physical and emotional violence? Do you suppose all was rainbow sweetness for two weeks? That your daughters didn't miss you (because children love even shit parents, at least at first)? That they never woke in the night crying because first Daddy and little brother disappeared, then Mummy disappeared?

Take one look at that little one's face in the photo. She looks exhausted, resentful, angry, fragile and ill. That's your fault, Lauren. You're a crap mother. And those who enable you and can't see through your selfishness are worse than you are.

Here's a really old saying for you to think about. Children begin by loving their parents. After a while, they judge them. Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them. Just ask yourself what you're doing.

Alice didn't enjoy Lauren's vacay as much as Lauren did.

wayofthepeacefulparent.com/?p=595&fb_source=pubv1

And there was a third babysitter, but she didn't fit into their little clique and volunteered to leave, or, more likely, was frozen out. Namaste!

It sounds like a nightmare.

Lauren returned with her friend Marcus on the Wednesday. It was a huge relief to have her back with her girls, and for the pressure to be taken off Sophie and me! We had that afternoon and evening altogether, but by Thursday morning I was still crying and realized that Satria and I needed to leave and be in our own space for a couple of days before connecting again for the Mullumbimby Circus Festival – so off we drove back to South Golden Beach for a day and night of peace and quiet – and then I turned 40!!!

The bolded speaks volumes.

It sounds like maybe Marcus was on the trip with Lauren. Has there been any sign of that?

Our friends Vinny and Ty arrived just in time with their boys which helped to shift the energy of our estrogen charged tribe,

What is the deal with these sparkling types using estrogen as an excuse for poor behavior? Lauren used the same reasoning to explain why Marcus was sleeping in the tent instead of in the bus.

Also, wow, just checked out Alice's blog for the first time and I think she's even more unbearable than Lauren.

Alice didn't enjoy Lauren's vacay as much as Lauren did.

wayofthepeacefulparent.com/?p=595&fb_source=pubv1

And there was a third babysitter, but she didn't fit into their little clique and volunteered to leave, or, more likely, was frozen out. Namaste!

Also from that link: "Lauren left for her 2 ½ overseas trip on the Sunday and left her 4 girls (and 4 RATS) in my care. Sophie and her daughter Maya flew in from Perth that Tuesday so that I could have some help – it was a lot bigger job than Lauren and I had previously anticipated!"

No kidding! I don't know who was more deluded that looking after 4 extra kids for 2 1/2 weeks wasn't going to be that big of a deal... their own mother, or someone who has only one child herself....

It was very sweet of Alice to take this project on. I'm not generous enough to make that sort of offer to friends myself. Maybe I'd watch my own grandkids for that long (I don't have grandkids yet...). Maybe. Maybe I'd watch a good friend's very well behaved and independent older children. Still probably not for that long...

Wow, you don't even have to run it through a sparkling translator to see that Alice really had an exhausting time taking care of four kids with no running water, electricity and a public porta potty! Now if Lauren had written all that there would have been all this stuff about the children not walking in godliness blah de blah. It's awful to think that Lauren presented this to Alice as just needing an adult to be present for her self-caring independent children LOLOL I bet there was lots of squabbling too, which having one child you would not be used to.

EDIT: Found marcus's FB, very cute LOL

Alice is still new to the gypsy lifestyle.

Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to stay in a caravan park or something? What wrong with these people????

Caravan parks in Australia are usually pretty awesome, most equipped with playgrounds, great cooking facilities, some with swimming pools, and all have basic necessities like power, hot showers and TOILETS! They're usually in shaded areas, near the beach or rivers.They have laundries, and some have things like free mini golf etc.

Why would you freeload on someone's property, with limited tank water, when all these amenities are available for a small fee?

Is it just because its not sparkling enough? So Lauren can't pay around $20 - $30 a night to ensure her kids are comfortable, and her free babysitters can have a shower and use a toilet, but SHE can swan around Europe for over 2 weeks? That sucks. She takes freeloading to a new extreme. The kind of friend you could do without.

Alice has just updated her fb, saying how she looked up the legal age to leave a child unattended. Seems there is no legal age, just common fucking sense!

As above, I agree that Sparkles reads here. She needs to know she's getting attention. Although why she posted that very sad looking pic is beyond me. I'd have thought she would post something more along the lines of how happy her and the girls were to be reunited. She really is a nut job.

I wish she'd get a home for those girls, with real beds and a bath. They really do look exhausted from all the travelling, and irregular eating and sleeping habits. She could still go off doing the gypsy thing, but not continuously. How can she not see the effect this is all having on those kids? Too busy looking at herself, no doubt.

She drives me nuts!

It definitely reads like Lauren went Europe hopping with Marcus.

I had to ship my children out three times as Micah was dying. My husband was working in another state and I had to be in the hospital with Micah. I had friends whom my children had known for years and years but due to so many of them I had to split the kids up. My friends love my children and were all troopers but my children exhausted all of them. Children who have lost so much have big, huge, MASSIVE feelings of abandonment when they get left by their parent. I had no choice, my son was dying and needed medical care. There is NO excuse that Lauren wanted a break to travel internationally. Frankly, I don't travel internationally much with minor children left behind, but as the ONLY parent those girls have, she has a responsibility to BE THERE until they are older. Did these two women really think this was going to be a grand adventure and not the vomit of emotions that it was obviously going to be? Exactly how oblivious is Lauren as a parent to think this would be grand?

the ONLY parent those girls have, she has a responsibility to BE THERE until they are older. Did these two women really think this was going to be a grand adventure and not the vomit of emotions that it was obviously going to be? Exactly how oblivious is Lauren as a parent to think this would be grand?

Exactly!

Can you imagine how traumatising it would have been at bedtime for example? They're used to co sleeping with their Mum, and then waking up in the bus with no adult?

2 weeks can seem a verrrrry long time to little kids, and that's without having been through the anxiety of their Dad and little brother already having disappeared virtually overnight.

Maybe Sophie and Alice thought they could get the girls into some sort of routine, but they set themselves up for failure by not even having a place to stay with adequate facilities. Of course it wasn't going to be all sparkly.

Wake up to yourself, Lauren! Get a home for those children. Employ a nanny if you need help. Ask your family for assistance. Do SOMETHING to make those children feel safe and secure. How can you not understand? Kids crave routine and stability. They need to know what to expect. I'm sure they didn't expect you, their only 'safe' adult, to fuck off on a holiday without them. Get help, you sure as hell need it!

Archived