IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Vive La France

happy atheist

What do we all think about our favourite free thinking fundi's being inherently incapable of honestly expressing themselves?

Having read Alice's blog, it's obvious that she is overwrought and annoyed and seeking sympathy passive aggressively. Instead of saying: "I'm angry and disappointed that I took on more than I could manage, I had unrealistic expectations and I'm angry that Lauren let me do this" she publishes a blog post where the tone is the same lovey dovey claptrap we're all used to by now, but under the guise of a blog 'update' which is really a dig at Lauren!

On second thoughts, why blog about this private period at all? AT ALL? I mean, who's the audience?

It's likely that Lauren went on a fucking spree through Europe on a cheaper extended fare paid for (most likely) by the government benefits she receives for neglecting her unschooled daughters. It looks like she left her daughters with the first fundi loser she could manipulate into accepting such a task and thus concludes the 'righteous circle' of this event.

Get over it Alice.

Namaste.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly!

Can you imagine how traumatising it would have been at bedtime for example? They're used to co sleeping with their Mum, and then waking up in the bus with no adult?

2 weeks can seem a verrrrry long time to little kids, and that's without having been through the anxiety of their Dad and little brother already having disappeared virtually overnight.

Maybe Sophie and Alice thought they could get the girls into some sort of routine, but they set themselves up for failure by not even having a place to stay with adequate facilities. Of course it wasn't going to be all sparkly.

Wake up to yourself, Lauren! Get a home for those children. Employ a nanny if you need help. Ask your family for assistance. Do SOMETHING to make those children feel safe and secure. How can you not understand? Kids crave routine and stability. They need to know what to expect. I'm sure they didn't expect you, their only 'safe' adult, to fuck off on a holiday without them. Get help, you sure as hell need it!

She can't fuck in the bus so the universe told her to fuck her way through Europe. Its OUR fault we should have bought her a bigger gypsy van. We all know why Marcus was sleeping outside in a tent when he slept with them - it was so Lauren could join him when the girls were asleep.

Also from that link: "Lauren left for her 2 ½ overseas trip on the Sunday and left her 4 girls (and 4 RATS) in my care. Sophie and her daughter Maya flew in from Perth that Tuesday so that I could have some help – it was a lot bigger job than Lauren and I had previously anticipated!"

No kidding! I don't know who was more deluded that looking after 4 extra kids for 2 1/2 weeks wasn't going to be that big of a deal... their own mother, or someone who has only one child herself....

It was very sweet of Alice to take this project on. I'm not generous enough to make that sort of offer to friends myself. Maybe I'd watch my own grandkids for that long (I don't have grandkids yet...). Maybe. Maybe I'd watch a good friend's very well behaved and independent older children. Still probably not for that long...

I know, I read that and I thought, her energy didn't sit well? You mean, SHE WAS NORMAL? or maybe has expectations about wiping her arse and washing her hands afterwards?! What a weirdo! I know someone completely normal - her name is Alice, she cries for days at a time when she can't handle the responsibility she's taken on. After all, she's about to turn 40 and needs some beauty treatments, she didn't realise that idolising Lauren would mean she's also have to serve as her minion too and then it all got too much for her so she took a subtle dig at Lauren through her passive aggressive blog post. Then she needed an extra day alone to recover - all that damn oestrogen!

And WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE flying in to help? How many fucking adults are these girls being exposed to? Is anyone keeping an eye on them? Why do Fundi's think sexual abuse never happens?

Also, wow, just checked out Alice's blog for the first time and I think she's even more unbearable than Lauren.

Lauren is a trailblazer, Alice is just her minion. Please don't even compare them. Lauren is TOTALLY the prestige line of crazy and Alice is just the chugging jalopy behind her.

I've always thought that the reason there is such a contrast between Lauren and her daughters is because she the type of woman who does not like competition from her daughters. I imagine there will be worse once they hit puberty. I'll bet the girls will be sent to live elsewhere once they are about 12-13, so as to not deflect attention from the Sparkly One. I also think that if her son had lived, he would have been the favored child.

You don't think Lauren has actually stopped breeding do you?

Also, wow, just checked out Alice's blog for the first time and I think she's even more unbearable than Lauren.

I started reading it, too. Here's a gem, for those who haven't clicked over yet:

"We are now back at Cape Schanck, Victoria at Mum & Dad’s house. We’ve also had a few nights at a friend’s house in Elwood… but that arrangement has now fallen through, so we are based with Mum and Dad until we go to Robertson on July 23. It is rather challenging for Mum and Dad to have us to stay… their concern and stress is around Satria’s behaviour. He chooses not to speak to my Dad (which is upsetting for my Dad), and my Mum struggles with our lifestyle and Satria’s lack of ‘manners’ when he speaks to me."

Wow, charming young man she is raising...

I know, I read that and I thought, her energy didn't sit well? You mean, SHE WAS NORMAL? or maybe has expectations about wiping her arse and washing her hands afterwards?! What a weirdo! I know someone completely normal - her name is Alice, she cries for days at a time when she can't handle the responsibility she's taken on. After all, she's about to turn 40 and needs some beauty treatments, she didn't realise that idolising Lauren would mean she's also have to serve as her minion too and then it all got too much for her so she took a subtle dig at Lauren through her passive aggressive blog post. Then she needed an extra day alone to recover - all that damn oestrogen!

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that Alice was expecting a lot of gratitude and maybe a nice present or a little cash from Lauren when she got home and got nothing. Or nowhere near what she was hoping for. And thus the tears for a couple of days and the need to remove herself from Lauren's company for a few days.

Alice is still new to the gypsy lifestyle.

Alice has just updated her fb, saying how she looked up the legal age to leave a child unattended. Seems there is no legal age, just common fucking sense!

God I hope she's not thinking about leaving Satria unattended. He's what, 6? And has behavioural issues.

God I hope she's not thinking about leaving Satria unattended. He's what, 6? And has behavioural issues.

He's the same age as Aisha... 8? or 9? I've left my 8 year old home alone for very brief stretches (like 20 minutes while I go pick up one of his siblings...). But we have neighbors he could go to if he had a problem...

He's the same age as Aisha... 8? or 9? I've left my 8 year old home alone for very brief stretches (like 20 minutes while I go pick up one of his siblings...). But we have neighbors he could go to if he had a problem...

I leave my 9 year old for up to an hour, and will leave her younger brothers (6 and 8) with her while I just run to the shop, but they have phones and neighbours. Satria and Alice live in a van that they park in various locations. Surely she isn't contemplating leaving him alone in the van?

Her "About Us" on her blog says Satria is six. I'm not sure how old the blog is, but they haven't been unschooling for long - Satria attended kindergarten at an alternative community school in Byron Bay- so I don't see how he could be older than 7,

Her "About Us" on her blog says Satria is six. I'm not sure how old the blog is, but they haven't been unschooling for long - Satria attended kindergarten at an alternative community school in Byron Bay- so I don't see how he could be older than 7,

One of the early posts says he is the same age and has the exact birthday as Aisha. But maybe I misread that and it's the same birthdate from a different year... I'll see if I can find it...

One of the early posts says he is the same age and has the exact birthday as Aisha. But maybe I misread that and it's the same birthdate from a different year... I'll see if I can find it...

Me too

Never mind, I found the quote: "Satria also became very close with Lauren’s eldest daughter Aisher who is 8, and they are actually born on the same day. "... so I don't think now that she meant the same year...

Upon reading Alice's blog, I'm still confused as to how one "manifests" the money to buy a camper van. I know that she means she preyed on family members' concerns, but really how does "I manifested the money to buy the Campervan" equal threatening to sell family heirlooms so that your father and brother (who are already concerned about your crazy) will end up giving you the money for the camper van to keep the family heirlooms in the family. I just don't understand.

But seriously, why would you even need to look that kind of info up? WHY?

I tried to find out if it was legal for my kids to walk to school unattended after another mother at the school swore to me that it wasn't and that I'd be reported to DOCS if I kept allowing it (she wasn't threatening, just saying). Turns out it isn't, and now a whole bunch of kids in our street, including hers, do a walking bus every morning and afternoon, making it safer for them, fostering independence, and saving us from the traffic chaos at the school at pick up and drop off times (it's about a 15 minute walk from our place to the school, stretching to 25 now the group of kids stops to pick up kids at so many houses).

And that's a totally off topic rant. Sorry.

Upon reading Alice's blog, I'm still confused as to how one "manifests" the money to buy a camper van. I know that she means she preyed on family members' concerns, but really how does "I manifested the money to buy the Campervan" equal threatening to sell family heirlooms so that your father and brother (who are already concerned about your crazy) will end up giving you the money for the camper van to keep the family heirlooms in the family. I just don't understand.

Well she didn't have a family tragedy to manipulate the universe into coughing up a camper, so she had to do the best she could. That's why she doesn't have the deluxe model like Lauren.

It's just shit she talks to 'fit in'. The reality is that parenting payments and other government hand outs keep these fundi's afloat and their transient lifestyles mean that no one can really keep track of them - financially or educationally. Its our tax payers money keeping them and I don't need a mantra to know that it's plenty enough to fund some holidays to boot.

Well she didn't have a family tragedy to manipulate the universe into coughing up a camper, so she had to do the best she could. That's why she doesn't have the deluxe model like Lauren.

That makes so much sense! Thanks for explaining it. I'm clearly not authentic enough to understand their lifestyle...maybe I should get dreds?

Maybe if she cries some more someone will give her a hand-out. Maybe she thought she and Lauren would be like the thelma and louise of unschooling bus adventures....and now she sees Lauren's not really the bestie she hoped would endorse her own bullshit lifestyle.

Tragedy? Well Lauren see's it as a neutral event and given that open interpretation of murder is obviously endorsed in fundi land, I would call it a culmination of mutually unbalanced thinking going unchecked.

It's just shit she talks to 'fit in'. The reality is that parenting payments and other government hand outs keep these fundi's afloat and their transient lifestyles mean that no one can really keep track of them - financially or educationally. Its our tax payers money keeping them and I don't need a mantra to know that it's plenty enough to fund some holidays to boot.

Alice mentioned somewhere on her blog that she gets about $1200 per fortnight in parenting payments. She has maximised her payments, and I'm not sure how. She must at least be claiming rent assistance even though she's not paying rent. Perhaps she's also getting child support that she's not declaring to Centrelink and adding that to her fortnightly income.

When I was on a Sole Parent Parenting Payment ( up to three years ago) I was receiving just over $1200 a fortnight for myself and three kids, and that included $180 per fortnight in rent assistance to assist me in paying the $250 a week private rent I was paying for a very run down old flat. Payments may have gone up since then, but it seems like she's getting a lot for a mother with one child.

Alice mentioned somewhere on her blog that she gets about $1200 per fortnight in parenting payments. She has maximised her payments, and I'm not sure how. She must at least be claiming rent assistance even though she's not paying rent. Perhaps she's also getting child support that she's not declaring to Centrelink and adding that to her fortnightly income.

When I was on a Sole Parent Parenting Payment ( up to three years ago) I was receiving just over $1200 a fortnight for myself and three kids, and that included $180 per fortnight in rent assistance to assist me in paying the $250 a week private rent I was paying for a very run down old flat. Payments may have gone up since then, but it seems like she's getting a lot for a mother with one child.

Shit that's a lot of money for scratching your arse and showing your kid how to use the internet each fortnight. No wonder she can afford breakdown fuelled beauty sessions.

That makes so much sense! Thanks for explaining it. I'm clearly not authentic enough to understand their lifestyle...maybe I should get dreds?

When in doubt of ones authenticity, one should always get dreads and have them professionally tuned up regularly to keep oneself in sync with the heartbeat of the universe and to ensure that you are projecting exactly the right amount of disdain for outward appearances and conformity.

Archived