IGNORED

The Proverbs Family shuts it all down

FJismyheadship

Whoever pickles is, on the day this all came out she posted "pm shut down her blog, hope it wasn't something I said!" And I messaged her to let her know what happened. I was really surprised with her response. She said, and I'm paraphrasing here!, that she didn't believe it and really questioned it. Then she seemed convinced and said I should not report it. Actually she asked me to please let it go. She really wanted to know what I was going to do. I thought it was so strange. Not at all an appropriate response.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im confused? First ahmigad accuses Val of being a bad mom and then posts a response from her?

Sounds like someone forgot to change sock accounts before stirring the pot a little more. :stir-pot:

I'm fairly certain I know who P&H is. She was banned for being a sock puppet a while back.

PM me? She said it wasn't for being a sock. I'm willing to try and work things out with people who don't understand things etc. I am not fond of zero tolerance rules and think there has to be some wiggle room for case by case basis. People are not cookie cutters.

There are people on FJ right now that can attest to this. There are people that have gotten banned notices because other people have been banned and they happen to be on the same IP. There are people that were banned as sock because someone else in the family or a roommate had an account. People that had an account and forgot etc. Some people don't understand what a sock is, etc.

I try to work with people and be reasonable. We are a forum and I think a good and important one, but we are not curing cancer here ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I missed all of this when it first happened -- was "taking a break' from FJ at that time :D -- well, actually just really busy.

What a horror story! I hope the kids are OK.

As someone who has worked with kids who had been sexually abused, I just want to chime in with others who have said that, even if the descriptions of the child in question being "difficult" and the one who initiated inappropriate behavior are true, that is a red flag. My first thought about that combination would be that the child may have been sexually abused previously.

Of course, these people label a child "defiant" for things I would think of as "normal" and "having an opinion."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Her daughter Brianna had a birthday Sept. 18

(source: murdervictims.com/voices/Donald_Morgan.htm)

On Sept. 22 she changed her cover photo on facebook (cover photos are public - www.facebook.com/brianna.morgan.146?fre ... le_browser) to show a birthday picture of her, proverbs daughter, and others including the Duggar girls. Looks like they are all still friends. I still have my doubts that CPS did a real investigation.

184472_710236795657528_2138813032_n.jpg

All other FB stuff is private. Mom still has a personal facebook. Dad's has never been reactivated, nor has his ministry page.

Mom is back on instagram with username "vyoungfamily" - its private so you can only see her name, profile pic (4 kids) and how many followers she has (16) and how many she is following (24)

She commented on Josh Duggar's pic 5 weeks ago: "Currently paying off a $60,000 hospital bill here and planning to refuse government help - our dependence is on God, not government"

web.stagram.com/p/555403664898482576_5173671

So they are still going to the Duggar church? I thought the mom said the church wasn't supporting her, etc.

She commented on Josh Duggar's pic 5 weeks ago: "Currently paying off a $60,000 hospital bill here and planning to refuse government help - our dependence is on God, not government"

I do not understand this perspective. Is she really going to refuse Medicaid/Medicare? So she'll pay off 60K- which will take years, possibly close to a decade- all on her own?

I do not understand this perspective. Is she really going to refuse Medicaid/Medicare? So she'll pay off 60K- which will take years, possibly close to a decade- all on her own?

Not to mention that fact that hubby has dementia so more significant expenses are probably inevitable.

God is great and all but He's not going to provide health insurance for anyone.

Not to mention that fact that hubby has dementia so more significant expenses are probably inevitable.

God is great and all but He's not going to provide health insurance for anyone.

So she's just going to let her family go without medical care because it comes from the government (Medicare/Medicaid/insurance subsidy from the ACA)? What a fucking idiot. I can't feel sorry for someone who is that willfully stupid. She deserves whatever hell she's made for herself. I feel awful for her children, though.

This is breaking my heart. When I was 18, my church helped cover up allegations against my father and the douche got off on a plea bargain. This is bring back way too many memories.

I can sort of understand the refusing to accept government health if you truly believe your dependence is on God - but the kicker is that maybe, just maybe, that money from the government is God's way of helping you, dumbass.

When I read her comment, the former social worker in me smells total bullshit.

Seriously, it was always staggering to me the amount of uber-conservative fundie families I knew that claimed they didn't receive government assistance. Many of them WERE in fact on Medicaid and SNAP, they just lied about it to their fundie friends. Of course I couldn't (and would never) out them to anybody. Or better yet, they thought that because they weren't getting cash assistance through TANF, that they weren't on welfare. Even though they were getting tons of assistance through other programs.

We already know proverbs mom is a lying liar. Why wouldn't she lie about this too? I'd say proverbs mom, with their small income and larger family are probably on whatever they call public aid in Arkansas and she is just full of shit. I've seen it a million times. It's not like their fundie friends would ever know if they were or not. Most assistance cards look like regular private insurance cards anymore. Most SNAP cards look like a debit card. Unless somebody got a closer look, you could lie through your teeth and nobody would ever know.

Of course, it isn't anything to be ashamed of and people shouldn't feel like they have to lie. But they apparently do. Happens all the time.

• 1 month later...

Is this Proverbs Daughter? (Last comment)

post-2574-14451998587713_thumb.jpg

ETA - yes, it is. I wonder why her family wasn't invited? It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Duggars distanced themselves from that mess, both to protect their daughters and their public image. I hope Proverbs Daughter isn't being blamed if that is the case - the relationship and proximity to Christian "celebrities" obviously meant a lot to her mother.

Awww I hope they didn't leave her out because of her stepdad being a creep. They should have just not invited him. I hope the church members aren't shunning her and her family, cause I presume she is homeschooled, so she can really use some friends.

Awww I hope they didn't leave her out because of her stepdad being a creep. They should have just not invited him. I hope the church members aren't shunning her and her family, cause I presume she is homeschooled, so she can really use some friends.

I hope that's not the case. But, as a former church member (in general, not Duggar Church member), I can say that going to the same church with someone does not make mean people are friends. As long as it's not a church-sponsored event that this family was excluded from, I think it's perfectly fine that they not be invited (and, uh, calling people out on social media is a way to get people to stop posting on social media [not a bad thing, IMHO], not a way to secure an invite. I know she's a child, but that seems pretty rude.)

I could forgive a child's comment because they have a hard time self filtering... I do find it rude that PM posted a few comments later:

vyoungfamily Thought your family was sick? 3h

That coming right after the daughter's whining about not getting an invite seems a bit petty and sophomoric. Maybe I am reading too much into this comment. I'm cloaked in a post NYE hangover and just read this whole thread so Im a bit edgy.

Im glad she is 18 now, as she is an adult and can get out of there if her stepdad molests her again. I hope she realises how terrible her family is for not protecting her, and gets the hell out of there soon.

I could forgive a child's comment because they have a hard time self filtering... I do find it rude that PM posted a few comments later:

vyoungfamily Thought your family was sick? 3h

That coming right after the daughter's whining about not getting an invite seems a bit petty and sophomoric. Maybe I am reading too much into this comment. I'm cloaked in a post NYE hangover and just read this whole thread so Im a bit edgy.

I didn't go to the source, just saw the screen shot in this thread, so didn't see that response. But, it wouldn't have jumped out as rude; maybe they were sick?

eta: proper spelling

web.stagram.com/p/555403664898482576_5173671

The daughter of a woman I know is sick as a dog right now but won't go to the doctor because she doesn't have the money. The woman put this on facebook asking for prayers for her daughter. I commented on the facebook post asking her daughter if she looked into affordable health care. The daughter commented back that she would rather die than "get government insurance." :cray-cray:

Archived