IGNORED

The Proverbs Family shuts it all down

FJismyheadship

And you'd think human freaking decency would be enough to keep a child molester away from your daycare kids. I mean, even if I cared not one whit about a small child I *still* wouldn't want him/her to be hurt or suffer. Even grown ups I feel indifferent toward I would not put in danger, and I'm a dirty, filthy heathen. If this lady is so Godly she should be even more protective and mothering.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if it doesn't have to be licensed, there has to be some law about running a small home daycare with a child molester living in the home.

Even if there isn't a law about it (after all, he's not convicted), there's definitely a moral code that goes along with caring for other people's children. Especially if you're branding yourself as a wholesome, Christian daycare, which she no doubt is. Is it Christlike to expose someone else's children to a child molester, or to lie by omission about this to their parents?

What would Jesus do? Probably the opposite of what you're doing.

Even if it doesn't have to be licensed, there has to be some law about running a small home daycare with a child molester living in the home.

Well, if they didn't report it, there's no way for anyone to know there's a child abuser involved. You know the family didn't volunteer this information to anyone, including the parents of the kids in the day care program.

Plus, if the father repented, Jesus would have forgiven him, so it's like abuse never happened--Poof! Sins just disappear! Sort of like a Magic Eraser for the conscience.

Oh, I'm sure that there have been plenty of girls telling about abuse that JTTH has heard and then helped cover up. This is ATI, the place that did this:

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s= ... =Printable

And just last week, Child Protective Services began investigating the center. That investigation involves Teresa Landis, whose 10-year-old daughter spent nearly a year at the center – sent there, according to Judge Payne, after she attacked a teacher and a school bus driver.

What happened next outrages her family and critics of the ITC.

The girl allegedly was confined in a so-called "quiet room" for five days at a time; restrained by teenage "leaders" who would sit on her; and hit with a wooden paddle 14 times. At least once, the family contends, she was prevented from going to the bathroom and then forced to sit in her own urine.

The girl, allowed to see her mother only three times, wrote letters urging Landis to go to church

Now, the Investigators discover the center previous failed to report an allegation of sexual molestation.

In late 1995, documents obtained by Eyewitness News show, ITC was aware a 14-year old girl made a child molestation allegation against another resident.

Under Indiana law, ITC had a duty to report any suspected child abuse or neglect. However, state Child Protection Services learned about the alleged molestation from a probation officer – not from ITC Director Rodger Gergeni.

The documents show Gergeni knew of the allegations but failed to notify authorities: “When asked if he had filed a CPS report, Mr. Gergeni replied, ‘No. Was I supposed to?’â€

The woman who alleged the molestation told Eyewitness News that when she told Gergeni about it, he blamed her and put her in solitary confinement as punishment.

What is particularly appalling is that apparently the only "problem" is not reporting the alleged molestation by another teenager, but apparently the solitary confinement, being beaten and made to sit in their own urine is okay ? :shock:

This can be another issue with CPS reports.....what is considered abuse varies hugely by jurisdiction

What are the criminal checks there we have crb and disclosure Scotland and both are enhanced for childminders and all over 16's in same household this be a red flag to that body of works surely. Or because she isn't licensed she can go under the radar. Meaning someone could report it to them also not sure how it works there of course

If her own kids are younger than a certain age (no idea if it's 18 or 12 or ???) they are counted among the 6 children she can watch.

In Pennsylvania, your own kids do not count against the total, unless they are babies. There's a limit to how many infants you can watch, including your own, in a home daycare situation.

What are the criminal checks there we have crb and disclosure Scotland and both are enhanced for childminders and all over 16's in same household this be a red flag to that body of works surely. Or because she isn't licensed she can go under the radar. Meaning someone could report it to them also not sure how it works there of course

In Pennsylvania, you can watch 3 kids that are not your own without being licensed. To have up to six daycare kids, you need to be a Registered Daycare Home. That involves a criminal history check, a child abuse history check, a physical and certain vaccinations (and a TB test), and a home inspection. There is the possibility of surprise inspections. And you have to participate in ongoing education. If you're going to drive the children, then you need to get your car inspected twice a year, instead of the usual once a year. And if you want to participate in the state nutrition program (they partially reimburse for serving healthy food) you need to submit menu plans and have onsite kitchen visits.

All that varies by state, and I don't know what it's like in Arkansas.

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not- I didn't go back and read this entire thread. But, at least here in FL, as a licensed daycare home, you are considered a "mandated reporter" or child abuse- which includes neglect and sexual abuse as well. If it's the same in the state she is in, she would be required, by law, to notify the proper authorities if she knew of this kind of abuse going on.

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not- I didn't go back and read this entire thread. But, at least here in FL, as a licensed daycare home, you are considered a "mandated reporter" or child abuse- which includes neglect and sexual abuse as well. If it's the same in the state she is in, she would be required, by law, to notify the proper authorities if she knew of this kind of abuse going on.

Weirdly, in this case, she likely wouldn't be a mandated reporter though. Mandated reporters are required to report information regarding abuse/neglect that they discover as part of their professional duties, but are generally exempt from having to report what the encounter in their personal lives. It's a very messy gray area, and I'm sure laws vary by area.

It makes for a very interesting issue though, when something in her personal home life could impact the children in her professional life. It would likely boil down to if she could legitimately say there was no threat of abuse to the children in her daycare. It would be possible that would fly if her husband was not in the home when the day care children are there, but since he cares for them, that could be a very tough sell.

Eta, sorry to ramble, it's a very interesting legal question !

Yeah, looking after a relatives kids are okay, even if you were Michelle's sister and babysitting all the Jkids at once.

I also think youre ok to not have a license if you only babysit for the kids of one family at once, but if you regularly look after kids from two families at once (unless theres less than six of them) then you need a license.

Yes, I believe this is correct. I take my daughter to an unlicensed home daycare in Arkansas and I'm pretty sure my provider has told me that she can only have 5 or fewer kids, unless she gets her license or has help. She was trying to become a foster parent to her relative's children, and told me that if the kids did end up coming to live with her, since they were so young (1 and 2), they would count towards her total of 5.

The laws for how many kids you can watch before you need a license varies widely from state to state. In my state you can watch up to 4 unrelated kids without a license. However there is currently a movement to try and get that law changed. Since related kids don't count towards the 4 it causes problems. There was a case in the news where some kid died in an in home daycare, I think they fell off a bed and hit his head badly or something , don't remember the details. The women was watching something like 8 grand kids plus 4 daycare kids. Technically she was not breaking the law cause the related ones did not count to the total. It really is a law that needs changed in my opinion

Weirdly, in this case, she likely wouldn't be a mandated reporter though. Mandated reporters are required to report information regarding abuse/neglect that they discover as part of their professional duties, but are generally exempt from having to report what the encounter in their personal lives. It's a very messy gray area, and I'm sure laws vary by area.

It makes for a very interesting issue though, when something in her personal home life could impact the children in her professional life. It would likely boil down to if she could legitimately say there was no threat of abuse to the children in her daycare. It would be possible that would fly if her husband was not in the home when the day care children are there, but since he cares for them, that could be a very tough sell.

Eta, sorry to ramble, it's a very interesting legal question !

Like you said the laws do vary but when I was a mandated reporter in Massachusetts I was told it applied off the job as well. One of the examples I was given while being trained on what being a mandated reporter entails was that if I was at a bar after work and saw somebody about to drive drunk I would have to call the cops.

So I was curious, and took a look again to see if perhaps she thought she could make it private for a few days and then let it be public again.

the old blog address is completely open to anyone who wants to be theproverbsfamilh

the new blog has been shut down again. Maybe her readers found what we were talking about? Maybe she went public with her readers and they weren't happy? Maybe she accidentally invited The wrong person?

Whatever happened, the blog is gone again.

I'm still getting the message the proverbsfamily.blogspot is not available.

Maybe she lawyered up. I'm sure one of the first things a lawyer would say to her would be to get off the internet.

I'm still getting the message the proverbsfamily.blogspot is not available.

Maybe she lawyered up. I'm sure one of the first things a lawyer would say to her would be to get off the internet.

Not unless she could get one to take her pro bono She doesn't have a dime to her name.

Credible allegations reported to CPS in most states which involved young children generally get a knock at the door within 24 hours.

I only once had to report someone by their own admissions online, though I didn't call CPS but the investigating officer the person so kindly included in their online confessions of fooling the police in a drug investigation while pregnant. I found the hotline number for the police in her state and they tracked down the officer she named. I helped him get to the website she was posting on and he printed everything off before he went to her house the next day AND contacted CPS himself with her online confessions.

Things said online are often considered heresay, but it IS different when the statements come from the actual individual involved, such as this case. I have to imagine that at this point CPS is involved and perhaps the police as well, considering the statute of limitations for his molesting that child is not expired and he can STILL face charges if all he has done is what the oldest daughter has posted online and what the mother has admitted on her own blog postings.

This was forwarded to me from a friend who asked her if she would take up blogging again. Since it seems to be aimed at us, I figure its alright to post it. IF IT IS NOT please remove it.

I have redacted the email. It's been saved, so it can be reposted if necessary. It's Curious's call, with the help of Buzzard and Meda, so I've pulled it til they can decide if posting it breached TOU. Lilith

Interesting threat:

Just know that every single email and FB message is copied and handed over to the detective on our case just in case it matters at some point in time. 17 minutes ago · Sent from Web

Im glad CPS is now involved and that the stepdad is not in the house anymore.

I hope the daughter is not getting too much crap from her mother, who I dont think believes her.

This was forwarded to me from a friend who asked her if she would take up blogging again. Since it seems to be aimed at us, I figure its alright to post it. IF IT IS NOT please remove it.

Nice. She's doesn't know who to believe, but she sure is quick to throw K under the bus.

I also love her willingness to speak on behalf of the authorities. They don't want ANY more information...more information will just hurt the case :evil-eye: Right. If people hadn't contacted the authorities this would have never come to light in the first place.

Also, I find it hard to believe that K is lying when you consider the following:

1. Proverbs Mom's "hypothetical" family from her comments that seems to perfectly mirror K's story.

2. PM admits that K was self harming.

3. K posted a link to her ask in a place that her mom would clearly see it. I have a hard time believing that she did that and the lied for her whole family to see.

I am so glad that the authorities are involved and he is out of the house. I imagine the home daycare is bust for now as well.

Email in quote redacted until suitability of posting determined. Lilith

Did anyone get a screen shot of that post where PM told the story of the "other family" where the situation sounds exactly like what her daughter said happened to her? Because I bet the authorities would be interested in reading that. If it isn't her family then there is another family she knows that needs to be investigated.

Archived