IGNORED

Raquel's latest

merrily

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is now claiming she wrote it and it was inspired by another quote. Let's compare:

She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines

She was beautiful, but not like those girls in magazines and movies

She was beautiful for the way she thought.

She was beautiful for the way she thought.

Not because she got many compliments

She was beautiful for that sparkle in her eye when she talked about something she loved.

She was beautiful for that sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved

Not because her looks were stunning and gorgeous

She was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile even when she was sad.

She was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile even if she was sad.

She was beautiful because she could forgive and forget past mistakes and feelings that were hurt.

She was beautiful because she cared more about giving than receiving.

No, she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks.

No, she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks.

She was beautiful, deep down in her soul.

She was beautiful, deep down in her soul.

Because she had been broken and healed by the gentle hands of the Creator.

She was beautiful because she loved who she was in Christ.

She was beautiful - not by the world's standards, but by God's.

The italics are her "writing". No, that isn't being inspired by another person's words, that copying them word for word without giving any credit.

i guess homeschool doesn't discuss what plagiarism means. I wonder how many other writings she has gleaned from the internet. Maybe if she had a proper teacher, they would tell her YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

I wonder if she gleaned "Life's Choices", someone called her on it, and that's why she pulled it from the web. I'm trying to find some quotes from her original story to see if I could find anything, but the only thing I can find is the Hane version.

I wonder if she gleaned "Life's Choices", someone called her on it, and that's why she pulled it from the web. I'm trying to find some quotes from her original story to see if I could find anything, but the only thing I can find is the Hane version.

If I'd written so much as three words of that story, I'd never try to claim it. Eccch.

She posted this:

You did nit write that she was beautiful post. You copied it and changer q few words.

Well I was INSPIRED by something else. But I changed and added the larger bulk of it.

In other words, you didn't write it, so don't say you did. Give credit where credit is due. You added less than half of it, not the bulk.

Life's Choices is so horrible that she had to have written it.

In this post:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-self.html

She starts the poem this way:

I thought that being strong

Meant never losing my self-control

Which is a line from a Keith Urban song.

I bet she gleans a lot of writing from other people.

She might be against it, seeing as she never answered my question (it went something like interracial marriage is illegal in the 1950s... same issue as gay marriage)

Her parents are an interracial couple. Her mother is white and her father looks South American.

I haven't looked super hard, but I have found two other times in her blog where she copies from other people. One is in her post about quotes by her and she starts off with a line from a Christian song and another is in one of her stories where the guy and girl start singing. She does say that they start singing their favorite song, but she doesn't credit at the end of the story the artist the song comes from. I think she wants people to think she wrote it. She has never been taught how to rewrite things in her own words or how to not copy other people's work or how to properly credit other people's work when she uses it. She really thinks it is okay for her to take credit for the work of other's.

What an ignorant little twit. Absolutely no facility for critical thinking whatsoever. And she's going to marry some fanny and raise equally ignorant ass children.

Raquel said...

MsJess - I never said anything about 'hating' gay people. In fact, I said (at the end of this post) that I will love them, I will still talk to them, but I will hate the sing they're living in. The Bible actually has TWO reasons that a couple MAY get a divorce - though, if by all means possible - they should work at keeping their marriage. And not eating pork was a Jewish tradition. It doesn't apply to us, who are under the New Covenant. I'd advise you not to bash on Christians if you don't know the Bible. And even then, we can still defend (or should be able to!) what we believe. And yes, haha I was homeschooled. But believe me, the Bible is the only science book I need, when it comes to homosexuals. and I know for a fact, that it's not natural..

OK, so she doesn't "hate" gays, she is just going to fight tooth and nail to keep them from marrying. Because, you know, in the Bible Jesus was always harping about how important it was to keep the Sanctity of Marriage intact, way more than he ever said things such as, "Love your neighbor as yourself." Oh wait...

Life's Choices is so horrible that she had to have written it.

In this post:

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-self.html

She starts the poem this way:

I thought that being strong

Meant never losing my self-control

Which is a line from a Keith Urban song.

I bet she gleans a lot of writing from other people.

She had another chapter up from a fictional that literally doesn't make any sense until you realise she's copying The Hunger Games. She's copying something with Life Choices, because she has to've gotten all the "facts" and tone from somewhere.

Will she stop with the posing hair in front of her face pics? It's like the super creepy child from the well in the horror movie The Ring. The fact that she's got it in black/white doesn't help.

Will she stop with the posing hair in front of her face pics? It's like the super creepy child from the well in the horror movie The Ring. The fact that she's got it in black/white doesn't help.

I agree, its not a good look-it looks creepy. For someone who thinks of herself as a model, she really needs to learn how to take pictures of herself that are flattering and dont make her look like someone from a horror film. Shes actually quite pretty, when shes posing normally.

Someone really does need to inform her that the hair in the face pictures are less artistic and more horror movie. She is pretty. I'm not sure she is every going to make it as a model, but when she isn't trying to do model poses she is cute.

She just volunteered to be a guy's cuddle buddy on twitter. She calls him "bro" because he is her "brother in Christ" but I usually don't go cuddle with my brothers when watching movies.

Someone really does need to inform her that the hair in the face pictures are less artistic and more horror movie. She is pretty. I'm not sure she is every going to make it as a model, but when she isn't trying to do model poses she is cute.

She just volunteered to be a guy's cuddle buddy on twitter. She calls him "bro" because he is her "brother in Christ" but I usually don't go cuddle with my brothers when watching movies.

:puke-front:

She has removed her cuddle buddy comment on twitter.

Yeah, when I looked for it, it wasn't there. I want so badly to call her out on it on her AMA.

Lately I have had this brilliant idea of saying something like "Miss Raquel, I think I will have to have my 20-y-o daughter blocked from reading your twitter, blog, and other things, as you have made an idol of men and of being married."

Please go ask that! I wonder if she would respond. A guy tweeted about wanting a cuddle buddy to watch a movie with him and Raquel said she would be right over and he said he had a spot for her on his couch or something like that.

Archived