IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

As I was reading the blog, where all this is being kindly pointed out by a special lady, I clicked on Ruths blog and tada (copying in case it gets deleted ...)

Razing Ruth, july 15:

Leaving story up...the rest isn't worth it.

Thank you to all who have expressed support and help during my move. I regret that I couldn't provide some of you with the feeling of "proving" my identity to your standards. Some people came up with the wrong conclusions and for that I am sorry. I've been accused of being many different people and that's not true at all. I do apologize for any hurt feelings and any problems this has caused the freejinger or ex-ATI universe. I pray that all will find peace and that someday I will have the courage to state my identity loud and proud. For now, that's not possible. This blog gave me the courage to get this new job and to move to a new place and I'll never regret having it for that reason. I will never regret the connections I've made. I just think that for the sake of everyone, it's time to move on. I'm leaving up the posts about my life because there's nothing to be ashamed of. Comments on some of the last posts are being removed because some people were leaving nasty comments or deleting comments themselves. I realize this won't stop the conversation but I don't have the emotional capacity to handle the accusations or the false claims at the moment. I have a job that I need to keep up and I need to concentrate on being healthy.

Oh, FFS. Cry me a river. Yes, Our Lady of Many Identities, you do need to concentrate on being healthy.

Step 1. Walk away from the computer.

Step 2. Run to a therapist.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, has she been here lately? Since July 4th? I imagine she's been to the truth-about-ruth blog.

The scrubbing has indeed begun; she's removed most of the posts about her cross-country trip, the ones about her first days at work, and "the hits keep on coming" twisted ovary post.

The scrubbing has indeed begun; she's removed most of the posts about her cross-country trip, the ones about her first days at work, and "the hits keep on coming" twisted ovary post.

One of the helpmeets took screenshots of all the posts, I believe, although I'm blanking on which of them posted about doing that.

So the response is "people are doubting me so I must disappear". How does that not confirm that there is indeed something to doubt? Truth does not have to be hidden.

No way she didn't know about this before today. My guess is there were some emails from a real life friend who might be doubting her now, too. So now is the time to PANIC!

She wasn't. Other people felt nervous about expressing reservations. Including me, and apparently you.

I don't think that compassionate and generous people who do fall for scams, Ruth's or others, should be ridiculed or called stupid.

ETA, tried to fix quote (damn) and see that Nerdymom1 got there before me.

THIS x 100! I think it says a lot about the people here on FJ that thought someone was in need and wanted to help her. There was an amazing amount of compassion and empathy demonstrated by the members of this forum. Yes, some people were skeptical all along, but hindsight is always 20/20!

It sucks that the outpouring of support she received here was the result of a scam, but it doesn't change the fact that when the members here thought someone was truly in need, really did try to help and support her. Would you rather everyone be uncaring and stone cold?

I'll use the same argument I give to my mother when she bitches about paying taxes "so people can stay home, have more babies and work the system so that her hard works supports lazy people" (those are her words, not mine!): I am perfectly happy paying my taxes even if it does go to people who are "working the system" if it means that my taxes go to help even one person who truly needs it. It's worth it to me to support a system where people who are trying their best to raise their kids, get back on their feet and hopefully, with the support they received, come to lead a productive life- even if it means that support sometimes goes to people who are taking advantage of it.

I would rather the people here at FJ continue to show the same compassion and empathy that we do towards people who are recovering from a lifetime of spiritual abuse. Just because we got screwed this time doesn't mean we did anything wrong. We saw a need and wanted to help.

I can't even begin to explain how much FJ helped me when I was emerging from the years of damage done to me by my IFB upbringing. This site is so much more than snark and I think that's really demonstrated by the fact that the members here really do want to help so many of the people we read about escape their life AND help those who have recently escaped!

I guess my most basic point here is that FJ has a heart; a snarky heart, but a heart nonetheless! And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Yep - that's that, then. Pretty much seals the deal. It's the standard "this is just a he said/she said and those of you who really know me know, but meanwhile I can't keep up this website anymore, it's time to move on" fleeing in the night move.

Or in other words, the most standard "oh shit time to get out of Dodge" move on the internet ever.

Don't let the door hit ya...

I have a link opened for the last post before all the scrubgging began, and plea post in second tab.

From 24 posts in 2013 we are down to 10, she's fast :violin:

I saw this on GOMI and laugh so much because its true! Every time I read Ruth story here Im thinking omg shes so full of shit. I see every body here love Ruth so much, liking her because she revolt to her father and religion, and this made you all BLIND. :lol: I was nervous to say youre stupid because I was new to here and I dont like it to get my ass kick, but ha kick my ass now I dont care.

Sorry, but the post from GOMI should make people be more smart, just because some one say RELIGION RUINED MY LIFE you hold them up on a divan. You drank her koolade LOL!

Heres my question, why was she believed so fast here by every one?

Oh good, you're still here and STILL being an asshole. :roll:

Little confused here. I realize that she is ending her blog, but is she saying that what people have found out bout her is not true. That her story is real?

Pelargonium posted this on the GOMI thread:

Sorry to quote myself, but I noticed that the poster Creaky Steel has been logged on to FJ today, although she has not posted since mid-March. Previously I thought of her as a 'long-standing member' of FJ, but I notice now that her posts feature heavily on the Duggar threads and on a Gosselin thread. Hmm…. wonder if she was a longstanding alias of Ruth's that slipped under the radar?

ETA: Anyone think this could be? I hate to think so; it was Creaky Steel's vouching for "Ruth" that really gave me pause. I'd hate to think she's just another of Our Lady of Perpetual Hardship's many personalities.

Little confused here. I realize that she is ending her blog, but is she saying that what people have found out bout her is not true. That her story is real?

Of course she is! She could never conduct another scam if she admitted to being a scammer, and with her history, it's pretty clear to me she will continue to make up different stories until she encounters severe consequences for one of her scams.

And it's pretty rare for such people to confess, anyway. Most of them disappear.

Yes. She also has a bridge in Brooklyn that she'd like to sell.

One of the helpmeets took screenshots of all the posts, I believe, although I'm blanking on which of them posted about doing that.

That's me.

So, has she been here lately? Since July 4th? I imagine she's been to the truth-about-ruth blog.

RR has not logged in since July 5.

Pelargonium posted this on the GOMI thread:

ETA: Anyone think this could be? I hate to think so; it was Creaky Steel's vouching for "Ruth" that really gave me pause. I'd hate to think she's just another of Our Lady of Perpetual Hardship's many personalities.

Apologies if this has been pointed out (it probably has; I've been skimming these threads at best), but I was reading a RR post from last year and it was mentioned that creaky steel was the FJ member who verified RR's identity--CS's sister had apparently helped Ruth and Rachel out during the pregnancy. It's mentioned in this post, among others:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9402&start=100#p257506

I wouldn't expect anything different - it's the standard flounce. "I'm telling the truth but internet haters are after me! Those of you who are my real friends know I'm for real but I can't stay here anymore! Sorry about that, I know you'll miss me but it's the fault of those internet haters! Blame them!"

It leaves plausible deniability for any people who might still be die-hard believers.

But notice! She's not just leaving her blog alone, no. Heavens no. She's carefully removing all the posts that were used to break open the scam. As if people who have been around the block a few times aren't going to see what she did there...

This was just added to her blog post:

Editing to add (mainly because a friend/reader suggested it): my identity has been proven to people I meet in real life. I realize that failing to share it with ALL of you is the main reason for all of this doubt. I accept the responsibility for the speculation. It was a great four years and I love those of you I've met in person or spoke to along the way by phone or email. I hope we can still communicate. Ruth

Seriously, Ruth is so full of shit it is beyond pathetic at this point. :roll:

Where are all these credible people that can vouch for Ruth? And a sock puppet randomly showing up does not count, Ruth. So what if someone spoke to her via email or phone. Ruth can lie via email and phone too.

Apologies if this has been pointed out (it probably has; I've been skimming these threads at best), but I was reading a RR post from last year and it was mentioned that creaky steel was the FJ member who verified RR's identity--CS's sister had apparently helped Ruth and Rachel out during the pregnancy. It's mentioned in this post, among others:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9402&start=100#p257506

The Admins and Helpmeets know about creaky steel. I noticed that too. :)

If I had a legitimate blog like hers and was accused of being fake, I don't think I would just shut down. Maybe she just sees it as a way to end the whole charade (and move on to the next, most likely) while staying in character.

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 00#p257506

Good catch! So many sock puppets.

Archived