IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

Does anyone have treemom's RL email? SHE should be asking for a refund!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm questioning whether RR has really not been here since July 5th as her IP address indicates to the admins. Based on her latest post apologizing to FJ she obviously has some inkling that the jig is up. Therefore, she either found out herself by reading here or heard the news on another board. Either way, I would find it very hard to believe she wouldn't be following this thread like a hawk. If she's scrubbing her posts she is obviously getting the information from somewhere about "how" to scrub them so that they look more authentic and everyone here has basically outline all of her inconsistencies for her. Is it a possibility that she is still reading here under another username?

I'm sure she is. Unfortunately I think the only thing that will come of this is she'll learn to tell a cleaner story next time.

How? I'm not tach savvy at all, but I think people are reading way more into IP addresses than makes sense.

If I'm on my phone I'm using a different service provider with a different IP than if I'm on my computer at my office, which is different than the service and IP of my home laptop, which is not the same as the network at the library. Or if I wanted to login using any of the unsecured networks that show up under available connections. Or the proxy server I might use if my stupid email provider keeps crashing and showing error messages. And like others have pointed out, many networks/providers will show all connections coming from the same central location.

I agree that there is some pretty heavy circumstantial evidence regarding the IP locations, but I am wary of how much faith is being put into that one piece of the puzzle.

It's not only that RR posts on RR blog "I'm in city A!" while her IP shows her in city B.

It's that while that is happening, quite a few times ANOTHER Facebook that's already suspected of being a scammer just happens to post "I'm in city B!" with pictures every time RR posts to FJ with IP addresses in city B. It's not the "IP not matching" that's the most smoking gun, it's the "IP matching" between the RR FJ posts and the other Facebook that's more smoking.

...if that makes sense.

Meanwhile, websites use IP addresses to implement region restriction all the time. You can't say that some poster must be Bob Smith based purely on an IP address (unless you happen to know that Bob Smith pays for a static IP address from his provider and doesn't run unsecured wireless or have guests over). But you can (and companies do, all the time) say "your IP address is not located in the city of Tokyo, therefore we won't let you listen to our streaming radio connection or watch archived TV."

Of course I need to get around that last one all the time, so I pay for a VPN which lets my phone "be in Tokyo" as necessary. Yes, that's common. If you don't care what city you end up in, you can just use a random IP proxy too, like Tor or similar. If you don't need to stream lots of data but only post to a chat board, you probably don't even need to pay anything, the free VPNs will do ya.

So yes, it's possible that RR could have gone out of her way to use VPNs and proxies to make her posts to FJ just HAPPEN to be posted not from where she was saying she was, but EXACTLY in the cities where another Facebook user happens to be.

But why would someone do that? If she's going to use proxies and VPN, the far smarter move would be to fake her IP as being in the cities she's saying she is in, NOT faking an IP from another state that SHE is not claiming to be in, but that another supposedly completely unrelated Facebook poster just so happens to be in (when they're both on the move).

(Yes, I use capitals for emphasis too - been doing it from USENET days...)

ALL of the comments on her last two or three posts have now been deleted...and on a few of them it looks like she's not allowing comments anymore. Calladus has addressed this on his blog....I wonder if we'll see anything on the possum blog denying involvement....

I'm questioning whether RR has really not been here since July 5th as her IP address indicates to the admins. Based on her latest post apologizing to FJ she obviously has some inkling that the jig is up. Therefore, she either found out herself by reading here or heard the news on another board. Either way, I would find it very hard to believe she wouldn't be following this thread like a hawk. If she's scrubbing her posts she is obviously getting the information from somewhere about "how" to scrub them so that they look more authentic and everyone here has basically outline all of her inconsistencies for her. Is it a possibility that she is still reading here under another username?

She is not reading her under the RR account. You can check this yourself. Click on her name on any of her posts - it will take you to a screen that shows the last time she logged in. You can also get there using the Members link, and searching for her username.

The IPs have nothing to do with knowing when she last logged in.

She could very well have a sock that we have not detected. We helpmeets are mighty, but not infallible.

This is so sad. I'm watching her scrub the Razing Ruth blog and it's just so sad. She's never going to get the help she needs. If her past activities are anything to go on, I wager she'll have a new Munchausen by Internet blog up in two weeks or so, and that's presuming that she doesn't have one already.

A couple of people have contacted me because she's scrubbing, but no worries. I have the entire Razing Ruth blog backed up, as well as many entries with comments. The comments I don't have another user here does - I'll have to check my PMs to remember who. But we got this. If I reference it on truth-about-ruth.com, I got copies.

But deleting f-ing everything is exactly what happens when these people get outed. Our Lady of the Many Identities will likely leave her Facebook under her real name open with nary a change to security or any kind of deletion while scrubbing all of her alts. She's behaving exactly to type.

Christ, this is so sad. So very, very sad.

Do you think she is trying to carry on with the scheme?? Scrub some suspicious parts and keep on with the Ruth character?

Honestly don't know :( But I do think she will walk away from this totally unscathed. Leaving it there and just never returning would have worked as well. It would just have died down in time and remained a talking point here and in another few niche corners of the web. Leaving the story up is just a poor me, look at what they did to me. I'll just leave up my total sob abuse story so you can see how really mean these people are.

She has a win win situation. She cannot prove she is real because of the invented privacy issues, being asked to prove it will always illicit the same answer and her supporters will just say, leave it alone she is protecting her siblings blah blah. She can claim to have met any number of people and nobody can prove or disprove this. We will say who, name one, get them to say so. Her supporters will just think why should she prove to these bullies who she has or has not met, why should she or they prove anything to these people.

Nope. Scot free is what RR is.

Because we're not utter bitches like you?

Well actually by that comment you have just proved that is exactly what you are.

yep she just scrubbed comments from her newest entry. Interestingly, NO ONE is defending her anymore!!!

Or they have not read it yet. OR she is too busy scrubbing to log in one of her socks :lol:

This is so sad. I'm watching her scrub the Razing Ruth blog and it's just so sad. She's never going to get the help she needs. If her past activities are anything to go on, I wager she'll have a new Munchausen by Internet blog up in two weeks or so, and that's presuming that she doesn't have one already.

A couple of people have contacted me because she's scrubbing, but no worries. I have the entire Razing Ruth blog backed up, as well as many entries with comments. The comments I don't have another user here does - I'll have to check my PMs to remember who. But we got this. If I reference it on truth-about-ruth.com, I got copies.

But deleting f-ing everything is exactly what happens when these people get outed. Our Lady of the Many Identities will likely leave her Facebook under her real name open with nary a change to security or any kind of deletion while scrubbing all of her alts. She's behaving exactly to type.

It is really sad. I wish she'd get help.

I've got a complete save of all her blog posts, including comments, from a capture on July 11th. I don't have anything that happened AFTER July 11th though. I think Happy Atheist and I were probably saving every stupid blog post at the same time, hahaha.

Thank you for all this work, Odds. It was so great to read your blog and you've done a wonderful job. It also sounds like, given your past experiences, you're the ideal person to do it. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Because we're not utter bitches like you?

Im an utter bitch, youre a stupid bitch.

Take it to the Chatter if you want to bash on me, I made a thread. This thread is about RUTH not me.

Does anyone know what info she is editing out of the posts? IMO that makes her look even more guilty than just leaving stuff or taking down whole posts. I wonder why she is doing that.

I love how she says she not ashamed. How do you sleep at night when you know you've stolen thousands of dollars from people through faking a sad story on the internet? Disgusting.

ALL of the comments on her last two or three posts have now been deleted...and on a few of them it looks like she's not allowing comments anymore. Calladus has addressed this on his blog....I wonder if we'll see anything on the possum blog denying involvement....

I wonder too, re. Possum.

Do scroll down the Calladus blog entry. He updated it on Saturday:

15 July 2013

It looks like it isn't quite as bad as I feared. I no longer think it is "hate" that is driving this, although the conspiracy seems to be gaining a little traction - maybe we can stop that before it gains a life of its own. There is a way to defuse the conspiracy - it takes a little real life effort, and not so much conjecture over coincidence. We will see what happens.

I'd be happy to see his real life effort in action. We want real proof not just conjecture. Perhaps he can help now he knows that it is not hate that is driving this exposure of Ruth.

No sarcasm here. Calladus is a blogger who I have always respected. He knows first hand what it is like to live with a person with chronic disabling illness. I think he will be devastated if he discovers his friend Possum is a fake. And also devastated that he supported her if he finds proof that she is faking crap all over the net. His credibility is at stake here too. :cry:

Oh FFS! Is this a SNARK site or isn't it? I cannot believe oil is being asked to be "kinder". Speaking for myself, part of the reason I like this site is it appeals to my inner bitchiness.

Let oil be oil. Has she ever asked anyone to change the way they write? If you don't like her, block her.

Is there any way those of us who donated money via paypal can get it back? Is there anything in paypal's ToS about scammers?

Oh FFS! Is this a SNARK site or isn't it? I cannot believe oil is being asked to be "kinder". Speaking for myself, part of the reason I like this site is it appeals to my inner bitchiness.

Let oil be oil. Has she ever asked anyone to change the way they write? If you don't like her, block her.

Its ok. But they can say it to me on Ask Me Anything in Chatter.

Is there any way those of us who donated money via paypal can get it back? Is there anything in paypal's ToS about scammers?

You can always try asking and see what her response is. I think she will maybe refund one or two people and then stick up a poor me post about how she is going to refund people who no longer believe but (fill in the blank tragedy that has occurred) so she doesn't have the money to refund everyone right now. So people need to be patient and she will refund them when she has the money. By patient she means waiting till the end of your life because there is no way in hell she is refunding all that money but at least she can claim she offered and tried.

Archived