IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

Why is RR leaving her story up whilst deleting other posts? I don't understand. She can't be hoping to blog as RR again, can she?

Add me to the list of people who are impressed by those who donated to RR or offered her help. Supporting and defending somebody in need (or who we think might be in need) is never stupid, IMO.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it up "Ruth" we all know you are a liar.

Im guessing she is going to delete everything incriminating, and then completely drop off the face of the earth, until in a few months, another blogger somewhere will surface who has constant drama and needs money.

Oh good, you're still here and STILL being an asshole. :roll:

Ok stop trying to be a mean girl and go tell mama to wash your mouth. :lol:

The answer to my question punkiepie and palimsest, yes I think the compassion is real, every one who gave her the money has a sweet heart to do good. I may be will never understand why to give good heart money to a lady we never saw or talk to or know, only that she write a story for us to read. Ruth show us its easy for any one to drink the koolade, even FJers who drank hers.

Have a good heart but be smart not to give money to who you never saw, know or heard in person. Unless you have a lot of money and you dont care to throw it.

My suspect right away is that she made her message board people to be her only friend in the world. She cant know how to find a lawyer or aid with out asking to freejinger? That was the suspicion, but then the pregnant sister, ok, but then the lesbien mamas. :lol: :clap:

Have a good heart but be smart not to give money to who you never saw, know or heard in person. Unless you have a lot of money and you dont care to throw it. Americans are very generous, I think the most in the world. Thats not like us.

Im guessing she is going to delete everything incriminating, and then completely drop off the face of the earth, until in a few months, another blogger somewhere will surface who has constant drama and needs money.

I doubt she will get very far with future scams.

"Ruth": Free Jinger is watching and we are everywhere.

I hope someone here sees it and recognizes her so we can be warned.

Ok stop trying to be a mean girl and go tell mama to wash your mouth. :lol:

The answer to my question punkiepie and palimsest, yes I think the compassion is real, every one who gave her the money has a sweet heart to do good. I may be will never understand why to give good heart money to a lady we never saw or talk to or know, only that she write a story for us to read. Ruth show us its easy for any one to drink the koolade, even FJers who drank hers.

Have a good heart but be smart not to give money to who you never saw, know or heard in person. Unless you have a lot of money and you dont care to throw it.

My suspect right away is that she made her message board people to be her only friend in the world. She cant know how to find a lawyer or aid with out asking to freejinger? That was the suspicion, but then the pregnant sister, ok, but then the lesbien mamas. :lol: :clap:

Have a good heart but be smart not to give money to who you never saw, know or heard in person. Unless you have a lot of money and you dont care to throw it. Americans are very generous, I think the most in the world. Thats not like us.

Fair enough. Had you said this in your other post you would not have sounded like such an asshole.

Yes, I agree, the American people are very generous as a whole. I'm not American myself, although I live here. We have posters here from all over the world.

I agree that many were hesitant to speak up about doubting Ruth because of fear of pile ons, but some of us held our tongues because though we doubted her, there was no way to be sure. No offense, but I could give a shit less what anyone here says. I do, however, care if I cast doubt on a person who is not lying, or cause sadness for a person who has already endured far too much.

Someone like Dede and X-gay? I have no problem calling them liars. What they are saying defies science. Ruth's story is a little more tricky. Unbelievable though it was, she could have been telling the truth. I just couldn't see my way clear to call her a liar without any solid evidence. I am glad there were people more invested that I was. I'd have never gone to the trouble to dig to the bottom of this, so thank you to those that did, because I hate the thought that some people that probably couldn't even afford to part with the money shared what they had with her so she didn't have to struggle so much. It's despicable what she's done and what she's probably already doing again.

***totally off topic, but I'll hate myself if I don't say it*** I see Shirley MacLaine's point. It is really frustrating to have to read thread after thread pointing out how fat this person is, how big that person's ears are, and how Scammy McScammerson should buy a better bra. How she looks is the least of my worries. A person often can't help the way they look or just flat don't care, but they can help whether they are on the internet lying and scamming. If she feels bad for scamming, all the better, but I still wouldn't want to make her feel bad about the way she looks. JMO.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Yes there are people who have snarked on FJ on the GOMI thread but they are by and large sticking to the topic of Ruth, IMO. I don't understand the butthurt about it. People are bitching freely about GOMI over here. Who cares?

I lurk on GOMI and get a lot of laughs over there. I go there for a different sort of snark. Both sites provide me with good information, at times, and smarty-pants gutbusters, other times.

She's also revising posts. A whole lot of posts from the Rachel story arc have just popped back up in my feedly feed. It will be interesting to compare the before and after!

Good catch! So many sock puppets.

Creaky Steel isn't a RR sock puppet, though. I'm very curious to know what the deal is here.

***totally off topic, but I'll hate myself if I don't say it*** I see Shirley MacLaine's point. It is really frustrating to have to read thread after thread pointing out how fat this person is, how big that person's ears are, and how Scammy McScammerson should buy a better bra. How she looks is the least of my worries. A person often can't help the way they look or just flat don't care, but they can help whether they are on the internet lying and scamming. If she feels bad for scamming, all the better, but I still wouldn't want to make her feel bad about the way she looks. JMO.

yeah, my take on this is: Here is someone who has constructed multiple false identities, bilking kindhearted readers out of their money and lying to others who have offered help. I would hope we could find plenty of ways to criticize her for that without defaulting to the "and she's ugly, too" trope, given how much material we have to work with!

She's also revising posts. A whole lot of posts from the Rachel story arc have just popped back up in my feedly feed. It will be interesting to compare the before and after!

Riiiight. Because no one ever took a screen shot of any of her posts ever.

Add me to the list of people who are impressed by those who donated to RR or offered her help. Supporting and defending somebody in need (or who we think might be in need) is never stupid, IMO.

I only wrote it because the definition I learned: given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner.

Yes supporting some one in need can be a stupid but doesnt make the person stupid.. That was my wrong usage.

Ruth did a disgusting thing to you who had compassion. If youre my friend, I get more upset at you than Ruth because I hate my friend to be hurt.

I have a question, is that against the law, didnt Ruth do a crime?

palimsest

Fair enough. Had you said this in your other post you would not have sounded like such an asshole.

I know yes, I was too busy laughing that I saw holy shit Ruth is a brilliant fake!!!

Let me say stupid if the other one can call me asshole, its just words! American are so good for compassion, but youre so easy to get upset over words. omg dont come to Israel you'll be upset all the time.

Back to Ruth, what is the meaning "razing"??? Like the dfinition "destroy"? She was meaning Destroy Ruth?

Just doing some more sleuthing online and found more information in the genforum of genaeaogy.com.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but PM's 2 children are from a previous marriage, according to that website. She was married in 1995 to someone with a different surname. She then remarried in 2000 to her current ex-husband who legally adopted these 2 kids. If that's the case, how on earth did he get custody of them?

Sorry if this information was already posted, I am almost through all these pages and did not see it though or forgot about it through all of these twists and turns. I'm wondering if these 2 new surnames may lead to more usernames at different sites or shed light on why her own children would be in the custody of someone who is not their biological dad?

That's really something about people who have MbI or are plain scammers:

They put so much research and effort in their blogs, webpages, fora, and yet, inexplicably, they commit the most stupid mistakes that make it possible for attentive people to expose them.

Changing posts that are known to have been screencapped (it has been said here).

Using photos somebody else took (image search is well-known by now).

Not masking IPs (you can do it with a simple browser add-on, for *** sake, and everybody knows IPs can be checked and followed).

Re-using a set of usernames, or using the same picture hosting accounts/email accounts, making it possible to connect those identities to the perpetrator.

Inventing events that could easily be verified if they had actually taken place (infamous example: Warrior Eli, the supposed fatal car accident of the mother).

So clever and so stupid at the same time!

I'm torn - I'd planned to go to Zumba tonight, but I really just want to sit at home with popcorn and watch this trainwreck unravel :(

yeah, my take on this is: Here is someone who has constructed multiple false identities, bilking kindhearted readers out of their money and lying to others who have offered help. I would hope we could find plenty of ways to criticize her for that without defaulting to the "and she's ugly, too" trope, given how much material we have to work with!

I totally agree.

Creaky Steel isn't a RR sock puppet, though. I'm very curious to know what the deal is here.

With respect, how do you know that Creaky Steel is not a sock?

I don't know how Rachel333 knows, but the tech team has looked into it and, at this time, there is nothing to show that she is a sock. If we find out differently, we'll make an announcement.

I don't know how Rachel333 knows, but the tech team has looked into it and, at this time, there is nothing to show that she is a sock. If we find out differently, we'll make an announcement.

Thanks. I'm glad to hear it. I rather like that poster.

Oh, she's posted enough stuff that makes me confident that she's telling the truth about living in NWA, plus I was assuming that the admins had looked already.

I agree that many were hesitant to speak up about doubting Ruth because of fear of pile ons, but some of us held our tongues because though we doubted her, there was no way to be sure. No offense, but I could give a shit less what anyone here says. I do, however, care if I cast doubt on a person who is not lying, or cause sadness for a person who has already endured far too much.

That's a good way to put it. I honestly hoped that she was real. I may have posted in couple of her threads and I think I even offered encouragement once or twice, even though my heart wasn't in it.

And because it can't be said enough: The people who donated money to her should be proud of themselves for trying to help someone they believed was truly down on her luck.

Oh, she's posted enough stuff that makes me confident that she's telling the truth about living in NWA, plus I was assuming that the admins had looked already.

:D

I haven't read all the posts here, so forgive me if this has already been said, but I think it really needs to be.

IP addresses aren't always as they seem. I work in IT, and IP addresses are just an approximation based on where the ISP is located. If someone is within a private network, their IP address will never be accurately reflected.

Also, if someone's ISP is located in a different area to where they are web browsing (it happens here in Australia often), their location will be reported as the particular city/area that their ISP is located. For example, my work uses an ISP based in Sydney. Our 65+ offices are located all throughout NSW & QLD. All sites end up coming from the one IP address, with 400+ devices (iPhones, computers, iPads etc) all seeming to come from the one IP address when they are inside our private network.

Just worth keeping in mind when using IP addresses as evidence of someone's location.

QFT. I think the IP address thing isn't very good evidence that PM and RR are the same person. And if they aren't, then it seems much less convincing that RR is a scammer.

Archived