IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 3

happy atheist

Would she still be able to delete her posts here?

No. You can't delete your posts on here right now. After you post you have a short edit window (somewhere between 10 minutes and two hours, I'm not entirely sure what the limit is now).

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IANAL. Here's the PayPal agreement. It seems they are unlikely to refund something intangible (is a donation a "Personal Payment"?). There's a time limit too!

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marke ... le.x=en_US

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

Intangible items, including Digital Goods

Personal Payments

13.5 Dispute Resolution. If you are unable to resolve a problem directly with a Seller, you can go to the Resolution Center and follow this process:

Open a Dispute. Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you made the payment (or the date of the transaction if using Pay After Delivery) for the item you would like to dispute to negotiate with the Seller for resolution of the Dispute. We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the Seller's Account until the Dispute is resolved or closed.

However, that doesn't mean Paypal mightn't (is that a word) shut down an account for false advertising, though I didn't see a bit about how to report or how to prove false advertising.

9.1 Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website, your Account, the PayPal Services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other Users, or third parties, you will not:

b. Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (for example, those governing financial services, consumer protections, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);

f. Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;

In response to scrubbing the blog, she is also scrubbing her facebook. I just checked and now the most recent post is from June 13 (there had been one from yesterday this morning) and all the photos of her cross country trip that linked with "Ruth" are now private. So innocent.....

Its ok. But they can say it to me on Ask Me Anything in Chatter.

Oil- I posted a message to you above and I will post it in chatter soon

She is not doing herself any favors. If she was really "innocent", then why all of the scrubbing? Why not just leave everything where it is?

I want to make it clear my helpmeet hat is off for this post. This is my opinion as lilith.

My impression has been that people haven't been dog piled and shut down for questioning Ruth's credibility in the past. What did happen was that people asked for new information, and usually the person with the suspicions didn't have anything new to offer. So people got sick of every Ruth thread devolving into a debate about wether or not she was real, when nobody was bringing any new evidence to the table either way.

As soon as someone came forward with new information they were welcomed and heard, and these mega threads grew.

I think it's important to say this because FJ has a reputation for shutting down dissent and discussion that I think is entirely unfounded. There are few forums as lightly moderated and as truly committed to free speech as FJ.

Does anyone know what info she is editing out of the posts? IMO that makes her look even more guilty than just leaving stuff or taking down whole posts. I wonder why she is doing that.

Leaving it up and walking away would perhaps fit closer with it being true. To me selectively redacting especially the parts that look most false confirms to me that we are right.

Oh wow. So PM's real facebook acct (with her real name) has now been scrubbed. (Or made private.) That looks guilty, huh?

Has no one commented on RR's "leaving the story up" post, or is she deleting them as fast as they come?

I also believe she's reading here. I know the mods do a great job, but she's a crafty one, our Madame.

I want to make it clear my helpmeet hat is off for this post. This is my opinion as lilith.

My impression has been that people haven't been dog piled and shut down for questioning Ruth's credibility in the past. What did happen was that people asked for new information, and usually the person with the suspicions didn't have anything new to offer. So people got sick of every Ruth thread devolving into a debate about wether or not she was real, when nobody was bringing any new evidence to the table either way.

As soon as someone came forward with new information they were welcomed and heard, and these mega threads grew.

I think it's important to say this because FJ has a reputation for shutting down dissent and discussion that I think is entirely unfounded. There are few forums as lightly moderated and as truly committed to free speech as FJ.

Kind of a jaded issue? I think that has been part of the reason she has been so successful. Because every time somebody was suspicious she probably gained another supporter through her 'compelling' story. She also never conveniently involved herself emotively in those discussions, rather a tired kind of 'well you can believe me or not in a sad tone.'

FJ in some ways made RR. Thousands of readers she may never have garnered through NLQ or just her poxy wee blog. It really is a clever scam. It becomes cleverer to me as it unravels. Because the more people say how stupid this or that was. RR just walks away. No repercussions and richer.

To the bolded, maybe now. It was not the moderators who shut down dissent in the past. So no it is not unfounded. The culture has changed now. But it is important to acknowledge that control of the board was perpetuated through a culture and pile ons were a big part of that. Not missing that now thanks.

Oh wow. So PM's real facebook acct (with her real name) has now been scrubbed. (Or made private.) That looks guilty, huh?

Well, I'm sure Calladus told her and possibly advised her to privatize her facebook stuff, since they're bros.

Well, I'm sure Calladus told her and possibly advised her to privatize her facebook stuff, since they're bros.

I would agree. But the timing is suspect. Ruth blog first then FB? Another coincidence then. Two wholly separate people happen to be online scrubbing info at approximately the same time.

It's hard to really know. She could just have been alerted her Fb is under scrutiny.

I don't think it matters so much, if screencaps of the Facebook entries from her vacation are already saved (unless someone wants to accuse those of being photoshopped mockups).

It's the posts the Facebook owner made while on vacation that were one of the most smoking guns. As long as those were saved, the info is out there.

I'm currently browsing on my phone, just looked at her flounce post again and all comments on it are gone. Now it reads- " note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment."

To the bolded, agreed. Completely.

To the rest: I, speaking only for myself (although Red Headed Skeptic and PrincessJo may agree), am referring to the orphaned completely unmoderated yuku board, when we talk about pile-ons and people being reluctant to post doubts about RR's reality.

I've avoided RR threads for years.

You can always try asking and see what her response is. I think she will maybe refund one or two people and then stick up a poor me post about how she is going to refund people who no longer believe but (fill in the blank tragedy that has occurred) so she doesn't have the money to refund everyone right now. So people need to be patient and she will refund them when she has the money. By patient she means waiting till the end of your life because there is no way in hell she is refunding all that money but at least she can claim she offered and tried.

The offer alone shows how disingenuous she is. How is a woman so poor she is literally begging for money to move to Chicago, and complaining that she is worried about food/utilities going to pay anyone back? If she would think about it, offering to return the money means she has money on hand. Is that going to be her claim? That she's been begging for money and then saving it so she can return it in case you change your mind?? :roll: Scammer. Have I mentioned how mad it makes me when I think of the people who probably had to tighten their budget just to help her out?

In response to scrubbing the blog, she is also scrubbing her facebook. I just checked and now the most recent post is from June 13 (there had been one from yesterday this morning) and all the photos of her cross country trip that linked with "Ruth" are now private. So innocent.....

OMG, you are right! She must be scrubbing fb now, because I looked not long ago and there were posts as recent as yesterday.

I would agree. But the timing is suspect. Ruth blog first then FB? Another coincidence then. Two wholly separate people happen to be online scrubbing info at approximately the same time.

It's hard to really know. She could just have been alerted her Fb is under scrutiny.

Fuck. Suspicious.

I hate to believe Calladus and Our Lady of Many Identities are bros. I'm soft like that because I liked Calladus as an Atheist Blogger and a courageous and apparently nice man. I want to think he was duped himself and is still struggling against accusations against his friend. But he's not quite convinced. Yet.

Calladus: Come back and defend yourself. I'm so over trying to defend you. :?

Her April 14,2012 blog post says:

" If you gave me a donation AT ANY POINT and you didn't get the thank you wanted, then please e-mail me or post here and I will refund you. I've offered this before and I mean it. Please contact me.

I want a refund.

I want a refund, too. I seriously considered asking her for one back then, just to see if she would do it. Plus, I think I figured I'd been scammed when the baby went to a lesbian couple. Anyway, I never did ask, because I didn't want to be "that" person, you know? But now I'm cool with it. I want my money back! :lol:

She could just have been alerted her Fb is under scrutiny.

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. I mean, he did post here and if he is really her bud and thinks she's the victim of some kind of conspiracy, I can't see him NOT telling her that people are going through her facebook. That would be a completely shitty friend move.

I hate to believe Calladus and Our Lady of Many Identities are bros. I'm soft like that because I liked Calladus as an Atheist Blogger and a courageous and apparently nice man. I want to think he was duped himself and is still struggling against accusations against his friend. But he's not quite convinced. Yet.

Calladus: Come back and defend yourself. I'm so over trying to defend you. :?

I believe he's sincere about being on PM's side, but he's being hella credulous for an avowed skeptic. Then again, I would probably have a rough time swallowing this pill if it were one of friends. I mean, I can't say I know how I would act if I were in that position. It's never come up, thank fuck.

I don't think it would take Calladus tipping her off for her to realize that she should make her FB private. I think she thought this would blow over and it took her a few days to figure out what she was going to do. I also hope she was just flat out busy paying attention to her kids.

I haven't read all the posts here, so forgive me if this has already been said, but I think it really needs to be.

IP addresses aren't always as they seem. I work in IT, and IP addresses are just an approximation based on where the ISP is located. If someone is within a private network, their IP address will never be accurately reflected.

Also, if someone's ISP is located in a different area to where they are web browsing (it happens here in Australia often), their location will be reported as the particular city/area that their ISP is located. For example, my work uses an ISP based in Sydney. Our 65+ offices are located all throughout NSW & QLD. All sites end up coming from the one IP address, with 400+ devices (iPhones, computers, iPads etc) all seeming to come from the one IP address when they are inside our private network.

Just worth keeping in mind when using IP addresses as evidence of someone's location. All of that being said, I have suspected Ruth as a scammer for a while.

I agree that IP addresses are not always a good indicator and we have on very rare occasions run into one with inaccurate geolocation here on FJ. That being said, I think it'd be very unusual for the IPs to be "inaccurate" and yet exactly match a cross-country trip, verified by pictures on the suspected users own facebook. That would be a pretty wild coincidence, I think.

I saw this on GOMI and laugh so much because its true! Every time I read Ruth story here Im thinking omg shes so full of shit. I see every body here love Ruth so much, liking her because she revolt to her father and religion, and this made you all BLIND. :lol: I was nervous to say youre stupid because I was new to here and I dont like it to get my ass kick, but ha kick my ass now I dont care.

Sorry, but the post from GOMI should make people be more smart, just because some one say RELIGION RUINED MY LIFE you hold them up on a divan. You drank her koolade LOL!

Heres my question, why was she believed so fast here by every one?

It made me laugh because of the sentence I bolded. I wonder if the poster also blames FreeJinger for their own bad spelling and shitty use of homophones*. Of course sweetheart, it's other people's responsibility to make sure everything you believe is sound. Just sit back and let strangers on the internet do the thinking for you. Don't you dare blame yourself for a judgement call you made, now!

*Note that this is a jab at the GOMI poster and not oil. I understand that English isn't your first language, oil, and your English is far better than what would result from me trying to write in something besides my maternal languages.

Also, while I never donated to Razing Ruth, I believed her story because I didn't follow her blog closely at all, let alone closely enough to spot the minor inconsistencies. Her story only really became unbelievable to me when her mishaps started happening at suspiciously close intervals.

I am the kind of person who reports on their life with a bias for the negative stuff. This is human nature to a certain extent - we complain about the bad things while taking the good things for granted. But I do it a lot, to the point where if I had a blog about my life, it would be a downer like Ruth's. Sure, there wouldn't be any patriarchal fundies, unplanned pregnancies, or coerced marriages. But it would sound like one big tale of woe, and someone like you would be skeptical of it. This is another reason I believed her. It's also a reason I don't blog.

About people asking for their money back. It will definitely be proof that something sketchy is going on if Ruth can refund people's (often very generous) contributions. But you know she'll blog about the hardship this unexpected loss of money has caused her, thus raking in more donations. Perhaps she won't want to attract attention to the fact that many people are asking for their money back, but if she's scrubbing her blog to rid it of the suspicious stuff, the crowd who still believe her (i.e. the ones who don't read FJ or GOMI) will most likely not be exposed to the inconsistencies anyway. I wonder if she'll claim she had to take out a loan in order to return all of the mean people's donations...

Okay, so you know how it says that only members can post comments? I tried to post one asking for my money back. I even re-joined her blog so that I could post a comment. But when I tried to post it, I got this message: "Comments on this blog are restricted to team members." I don't know what "team members" are. I've never seen that before. But now I can't ask for my money back. :evil:

Okay, so you know how it says that only members can post comments? I tried to post one asking for my money back. I even re-joined her blog so that I could post a comment. But when I tried to post it, I got this message: "Comments on this blog are restricted to team members." I don't know what "team members" are. I've never seen that before. But now I can't ask for my money back. :evil:

You probably have to make another donation to be a team member ;)

On a serious note, I am sorry you lost the money.

Wow. No balls. Lol can't even own up to her actions. Just Im out?

All the crazies have been letting down! First xgay Greg now Ruth. I need some fundie crazy.

You & me both! I've been keeping my eye on Latisha, & she's turned out to be even more boring than before she flounced.

Archived