IGNORED

Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster

I mean, that's pretty obvious already, but today's post made me physically ill to read it.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/06/seeds-of-rebellion.html

If you see any signs of rebellion in your children, please deal with it when they are very young. The younger you deal with this, the better chances you have of raising children who are not rebellious. The first place to start is when you ask them to do something, do they do it right away? If not, deal with it quickly.

One young woman told me when she asked her two and a half year old son to come to her to change his diaper, he ran away. I told her she must take a wooden spoon or some other object and spank him on his bottom hard enough so it will hurt. She told me it worked beautifully. She never had to spank him because if she just shows him the spoon, he obeys. The best thing would be for a child to obey you before he even sees the spoon!

I realize spanking a child is very controversial in today's climate. However, I will always teach what the Bible teaches regardless of what "the experts" are saying. Rebellion is a terrible thing and must be dealt with or you may end up having a child that causes much pain in your life later on.

ETA: Her full name in the title of the thread, so it will appear if someone searches her name in Google.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I could think when I read the title of this post was: No fucking kidding.

Me too, Koala. That creature is vile.

Lori is evil.

She seems to get off on spanking kids, which is disturbing considering she says she wants to get spanked by her husband.

Maybe, as much as she is into being submissive and being the one getting spanked, she also wants a try at being the dominant one, and her husband wont let her spank him, so she has to get her thrills from hitting kids. Which sounds super disgusting and perverted.

I mean, that's pretty obvious already, but today's post made me physically ill to read it.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/06/seeds-of-rebellion.html

ETA: Her full name in the title of the thread, so it will appear if someone searches her name in Google.

I suggest we start a "Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster" campaign, similar to the "Doug Phillips is a Tool" movement.

I'd love to see that phrase pushed to the top of searches for this hateful, hateful woman.

Lori has already established herself as a big supporter of spanking and the Pearls. I know the Pearls aren't the only ones who support spanking and have written books about it. Out of all the fundie bloggers we discuss here, I think Lori is the one who discusses spanking the most. Zsu has talked about it several times, but I don't think she discusses as frequently as Lori does. I also can't think of any other fundie blogger who frequently discusses spanking like Lori does.

I've always gotten the vibe that Lori enjoyed controlling her kids through spanking since Ken controls her. I now mostly worry for her two grandchildren and any other future grandchildren she will have. The only way her grandchildren or additional future grandkids will not be spanked is if Lori's kids and their spouses break the cycle and ditch some of their fundie beliefs. We already know little Emma is probably getting the strap or being spanked. Lori proudly owned up to her son force feeding Emma. Lori's married daughter is 30 and I get the feeling that we will be hearing a pregnancy announcement sometime within this year. If that daughter and her husband can't have kids, I will then worry about a child adopted being into Lori's family will be a bad thing.

I really worry about people like Lori (adults with spanking fetishes) who spank their own kids. I stumbled on a spanking chat site once while researching a paper and there were a bunch of posts from people like Lori who clearly got sexual gratification from beating their own children. It was horrifying and I could only hope that, like most of the rest of their lives, these stories were merely fantasy. Unfortunately it's clear not just fantasy for Lori. I don't have any problem with what happens in the bedroom between consenting adults, but when these adults start projecting this stuff on to their kids, a very serious line is crossed!

:angry-banghead: Running away from a diaper change is totally normal at that age! :angry-banghead:

True story. I was at Walmart with my niece, who was 2 at the time. She was going through a stage where she took off all her clothes, including her diaper, at every opportunity. I turned my head for 20 seconds to find the right frozen corn, turned back to see a pile of clothing where my niece had been. I look down the aisle just in time to see her naked form run off around the corner. I ended up having to tackle her, hold her down with one knee to get her clothes back on and carry her out of the store, screaming and kicking, but you know what I didn't do? Hit her, that's what.

Lori Alexander is a fucking monster.

I knew someone when I was younger who wasn't from a fundie family but one that definitely believed that the only way to "teach" a child was to hit and hit hard, with whatever happened to be handy. She was a lovely person--very quiet--but was pretty much incapable of making a decision or stepping outside of a very narrowly defined box, and anytime someone made a sudden move or one that was a little out of her direct line of vision, she'd flinch visibly. It's been years but I always think of her when I read horror stories like Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster's on FJ.

Children who are brought up like this LEARN nothing. They obey out of fear. Some loving god these fundies follow. Fuck them all.

Well, aren't most fundies monsters in disguise, since they advocate the very same thing? Kelly Crawford even wrote a book about it: how to best abuse discipline your kid for Christ.

I suggest we start a "Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster" campaign, similar to the "Doug Phillips is a Tool" movement.

I'd love to see that phrase pushed to the top of searches for this hateful, hateful woman.

Given that Lori Alexander is a Fucking MOnster and Doug Phillips is a Tool, there should be no reason not to do this

I really worry about people like Lori (adults with spanking fetishes) who spank their own kids. I stumbled on a spanking chat site once while researching a paper and there were a bunch of posts from people like Lori who clearly got sexual gratification from beating their own children. It was horrifying and I could only hope that, like most of the rest of their lives, these stories were merely fantasy. Unfortunately it's clear not just fantasy for Lori. I don't have any problem with what happens in the bedroom between consenting adults, but when these adults start projecting this stuff on to their kids, a very serious line is crossed!

It seems like some of the fundies / IFB types have a higher-than-normal rate of sexually predatory behavior in general, and I wonder if parents like Lori contribute to the problem.

Well, aren't most fundies monsters in disguise, since they advocate the very same thing? Kelly Crawford even wrote a book about it: how to best abuse discipline your kid for Christ.

I think there is a minority of fundies types who don't spank. There was a thread on here sometime back about a fundie mom who spoke out agaisnt spanking. The late Barbara Curtis was the fundie Catholic mom at A Mommy Life. She was anti-spanking and she condemned the Pearls.

I also recall someone here who read Kelly C's book and they described it as being heavily lifted from TTUAC.

I think there is a minority of fundies types who don't spank. There was a thread on here sometime back about a fundie mom who spoke out agaisnt spanking. The late Barbara Curtis was the fundie Catholic mom at A Mommy Life. She was anti-spanking and she condemned the Pearls.

I also recall someone here who read Kelly C's book and they described it as being heavily lifted from TTUAC.

Gentle Christian Mothers is a group that opposed physical punishment. They have issued a public statement against the Pearls, on both practical and theological grounds:

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/w ... ml#a000074 (not breaking link since they have given permission to repost their message)

She is disgusting. It is possible to raise obedient and respectful children without beating them and breaking their spirits.

For crying out loud, asserting independence is what 2 year olds are supposed to do! That's how they're hardwired...y'know, by the same God that Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster purports to love and follow.

:evil-eye:

Brit

What are you thoughts on the "Why?" phase. Both of my 3-year-olds have started this to the extreme after EVERYTHING we tell them to do or not to do. How did you handle this phase?

Lori Alexander

Tell them they are not allowed to ask that. It is just a manipulation tool they are using. Tell them one time that they obey you because you are their parents. Period. You are the authority in their lives and the sooner they learn to obey you without arguing, the easier it will be for them to obey all the other authority they will have in their lives.

I'm sure that this is meant to quell all questions the child could have later in life, like, "Why do you have authority just because you have a penis?" or "Why are you still using natural remedies that don't work?"

I really don't understand why so many fundies treat children like they are intentionally evil. I mean, I get that they think everyone is a sinner even from birth, but why do they interpret it in such a way that babies are consciously manipulative and that children should be physically (and emotionally) punished from birth? I think it's just an excuse to control - that's my best guess, anyway.

Random idiot:

What are you thoughts on the "Why?" phase. Both of my 3-year-olds have started this to the extreme after EVERYTHING we tell them to do or not to do. How did you handle this phase?

Lori's answer?

Tell them they are not allowed to ask that. It is just a manipulation tool they are using.

Randon evil person:

Absolutely correct. We have an 18-month old and we never let her get away with disobedience. Once we are sure she understands what we want her to do, she is required to obey. And we rarely have to spank her since she knows she has to obey and just does it.

Also, we never let her get away with temper tantrums. Even when she was too little to understand she was doing wrong, when she threw a fit and screamed (as opposed to simply crying...there's an obvious difference) she never got what she wanted until she stopped. We didn't spank her since she didn't know it was wrong to throw a fit, but it delayed her getting what she wanted so she figured out pretty quick that throwing fits was counterproductive. Now she never throws fits.

:pull-hair:

And to think she was taught this behavior, and is passing it to her children. Monster does not adequately define this person.

What really terrifies me is how easily these kids could get manipulated by a predator. Or what if someone tells them to do something they think is wrong, but they do what they were told anyway... what a fucking idiot.

I've said this before, and it bears repeating: Some kids will be absolutely crushed by even minor corporal punishment. Some will just turn around and snarl, "That didn't hurt!" So what are you supposed to do, Lori--beat them to a pulp?

Best not to start hitting in the first place.

Lori Alexander is a fucking monster.

Lori is a fucking monster. We tell children we don't hit, as adults we can't go around hitting other adults that piss us off, but no for some reason hitting a child is acceptable as discipline?

I have never been more glad to live in a country where spanking is illegal. Not that it means it doesn't happen, more that if it does there are serious consequences.

Archived