IGNORED

Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster

Sumeri, would you build a time machine and go back to 1957 and counsel my mother?

When I was 4 or so, I used to have horrible nightmares--55+ years later, I can still remember several of them. I used to want to get into bed with my parents because I was genuinely afraid. My mother dissuaded me by keeping a wooden spoon on her nightstand--and used to brag to my aunts about it. (They used to have a kind of "I'm the best mother because I'm so STRICT" competition going on.) Several years later, she broke one over my collarbone and thought it was "funny."

I'm so sorry that happened to you. And I am so sorry that this still goes on from awful parents like Lori Alexander.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it means that she's the kind of submissive who isn't content to say "that's my personal lifestyle choice" and instead sees at as something to force upon others, including small children?

Agree that she's advocating child abuse because she's a deeply damaged individual with appalling ideas about child rearing.

The bolded has nothing to do with BDSM and everything to do with sociopathic, possibly criminal, activity. Legitimate, actual BDSM never, ever involves minors. Ever.

What the heck is she saying in her replies to comments about the Old Testament being fufilled by Jesus and only those lawless Jews need to pay attention to it? I was raised RC and so have never read the Bible and in fact know nothing about it except for children's Bible stories and readings at Mass. I must admit that I've always been skeptical and consider it to be a sort of fairy tale. But now I read that people who obviously believe in its inerrancy explain away the bits they don't like as being "fufilled". WTF?

BTW- Lori is a deranged monster. Pain is a great teacher? No, pain is pain. Parents who figure out how to raise self-disciplined children without resorting to inflicting pain are great teachers.

Went to the grocery story with Girl #2 after my previous post. In the checkout line, I told her that "someone online was giving advice about what to do if a 2 yr old keeps running away when he needs his diaper changed" and asked what her advice would be.

"Um, let him stay in the dirty diaper for a while until he realizes he doesn't like it?"

"Anything else?"

"Grab him, pick him up and hold him down while changing?"

"Ok, anything else?"

"Um....um...tape him down (giggles)?"

At no point did "hit the child" ever cross her radar, even when the more absurd stuff (like "tape him down") did.

I then said, "what if I told you that the advice was to take a wooden spoon to spank him?"

"Why would anyone want to hurt a little kid? You can't do that!"

Then, her mind turned from the conversation as she noticed the groceries piling up on the belt.

"Oh mommy, why don't I go to the other side and start putting the groceries in the bags? Let me sort them - all the meat together, all the dairy stuff together, the snacks together..."

So, there you go. My never-been-spanked kid can't even imagine hitting a 2-yr-old, but she can still spontaneously notice the groceries and offer to help pack them, without any prompting from me. Yes, Lori. We reap what we sow. BTW - Girl #2 was my most spirited and stubborn 2-yr-old, the one most likely to run around naked at that age, and the one who wanted to do everything HER way.

Because everyone should know exactly what Lori Alexander is endorsing:

Batshit crazy Lori fan:

They're too big for spankings when they're too mature and obedient to need them. Seriously, I have seen instances where spanking is the appropriate punishment for even teens (and the humiliation of being spanked like a child as a teenager is often quite effective - more so than the pain).

One thing I will say is that I think spankings should be reserved for deliberate disobedience. For young children, smacking a hand or bottom to train them that they must do as you say is not what I would call spanking. It's just a way to tell them this is a serious matter and it's not designed to really hurt. But once they can understand what they are supposed to do and defiantly refuse to obey, they need an actual punishment spanking.

Lori's response:

Thank you for your comments, Lindsay! You are a wise woman.

Lori fan that needs to have her ass tossed in jail:

Thank you so much for this post! I really think more parents need to be more firm with their children. I find with my 4 year old girl, spanking never really did the trick. I think she has an iron heinie! So I developed other creative ways to rein in her rebellion. For instance she developed a nasty rebellious habit of running away from me at the park. When I called her she'd go running. After the first warning I caught up to her and gave her a hard shove and she went FLYING. She came up bawling with blood running from her lip and I knew she'd never bolt away from me again! I also pull her hair or pinch her on the inner arm (really hurts) for whining or sassiness. Our children walk a narrow path and I can't bear the thought of them turning away from Christ I hate to hurt them but in the long run I know that it's the righteous thing to do.

Crazy bitch.

Holy shit, that is child abuse. She pushed her four year old over right onto her face because she ran away in the park? She pulls her child's hair and pinches her? I dont think that could even be considered the same as spanking by people who actually agree with it.

Thank you so much for this post! I really think more parents need to be more firm with their children. I find with my 4 year old girl, spanking never really did the trick. I think she has an iron heinie! So I developed other creative ways to rein in her rebellion. For instance she developed a nasty rebellious habit of running away from me at the park. When I called her she'd go running. After the first warning I caught up to her and gave her a hard shove and she went FLYING. She came up bawling with blood running from her lip and I knew she'd never bolt away from me again! I also pull her hair or pinch her on the inner arm (really hurts) for whining or sassiness. Our children walk a narrow path and I can't bear the thought of them turning away from Christ I hate to hurt them but in the long run I know that it's the righteous thing to do.

OMG just OMG This woman is psychopathic. This stuff makes me ill.

Courtney

As a non-Christian, this discussion makes me nervous. It seems to me that the more we learn about the brain and child development, the more apparent it is that corporal punishment is unethical. But I understand that when it goes against what the Bible says, Christians are distrustful of research studies, science, and "the experts" (or people who devote their lives to studying these things). It makes me nervous because I wonder where the line is drawn? Parents are allowed to follow their religious convictions and spank their children. But what if someone believed that the command in Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (that I was asking about earlier) was still in effect? "If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place… Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death…" Should we allow them to do that because it is their conviction?

Lori Alexander

Spanking a child is drastically different than stoning a child. If you can't understand the difference I am sorry. Using spankings in a controlled manner in certain situations {open rebelliousness} has worked for all past generations and it worked great for us and many others. Our children have grown up to be disciplined, self-controlled, and hard-working adults.

Courtney

Oh dear :( I really didn't mean to sound critical of anyone's parenting, but I see that I was. I'm sorry. Of course spanking is a far cry from stoning. I personally may not agree that spanking is a good idea, but I didn't mean to suggest that it was comparable to stoning. I only brought up those verses because they seem to show that stoning a rebellious son was, at one time, commanded by God. And I just have a hard time understanding that. If it was moral then, and God's moral law doesn't change, then why isn't it moral now? Again, I didn't mean to be offensive. I like reading your blog because I really do want to understand where you and other Christians are coming from.

Lori Alexander

God's moral law does change. It was given to the Jews to show their need for a Savior. No one can live a sinless life and live the law perfectly. Therefore, God sent a Savior who lived a perfect life, dying on a cross and paying the penalty for all of our sins to those who believe in Him. Forgiveness of sins required the shedding of blood so Jesus shed His blood for us. The law was done away with when Christ died on the cross. His only commandment now it to love Him and love others. I certainly don't mind you asking questions! I can see how someone who doesn't know the Bible would be confused by all of this...the Old Testament and the New Covenant

So G-d gave the Law to the Jews to show them that they needed a savior . . . but did it several thousand years before a savior appeared?

Aren't all the "rod" verses in the OT? If so, why does Lori feel she is commanded by god to hit her children? She told Courteny that all that stuff in the OT was washed away by Jesus but she apparently still likes to follow some of it.

Aren't all the "rod" verses in the OT? If so, why does Lori feel she is commanded by god to hit her children? She told Courteny that all that stuff in the OT was washed away by Jesus but she apparently still likes to follow some of it.

It fits her need to abuse children.

Cherry-picking child-beaters have no logic.

Fuckers.

Filthy shits.

I hope that last reader comment was fake. Surely no one would brag about pushing their four year old and making her face bleed????

I hope that last reader comment was fake. Surely no one would brag about pushing their four year old and making her face bleed????

It struck me as an intentionally outrageous fake, designed to make the point that spanking is abusive.

And yet how many people do you think have posted citing studies showing the long term detriment of spanking? Lori won't post those though, because she disagrees with them. Strange that she has no problem posting about a mother pushing her child so that she falls and her face bleeds.

I mean, that's pretty obvious already, but today's post made me physically ill to read it.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/06/seeds-of-rebellion.html

ETA: Her full name in the title of the thread, so it will appear if someone searches her name in Google.

Yup...It seems somehow clichéd to call someone a monster, but in Lori A's case she truly is one, no doubts about it. She influences confused young parents to hit a 2 yr old toddler with a spoon, just because he showed a bit of mischievousness. Tbh, the thought of a 2 yr-old running away because he doesn't want to get a new nappy is cute as hell. I'm sad just thinking about such a cute spunky little boy being terrorized for such a "mundane" bit of "disobedience". Now his playfullness is being extinguished.. by the cunt he calls Mom and is tormented by the sight of a wooden spoon... :wtf:

Lori: F.you!!!

Mrs Wooden Spoon: F.You as well!! I hope your boy gets adopted by a loving couple who believe in the Left-Hand Path. :stir-pot:

Oh, my goodness. When my two-year old ran away from a diaper change, I'd chase her and act silly, and she'd giggle and run away more and I'd pick her up and we'd both laugh. That would satisfy her need to assert her will, and I could get on with the diaper change.

It became a happy memory, not one of tears and terror.

It struck me as an intentionally outrageous fake, designed to make the point that spanking is abusive.

See, I wouldn't write a fake post like that one. A confused young mother might read it and think this kind of "discipline" was OK.

Because everyone should know exactly what Lori Alexander is endorsing:

Batshit crazy Lori fan:

Lori's response:

Lori fan that needs to have her ass tossed in jail:

Crazy bitch.

If my mother treated me like that I'd run away too. Far, far away

If I were present to witness anything like this, there is no fucking way I wouldn't call the police. Spanking may be considered a gray area, but deliberately pushing a child and causing harm is assault as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather have the police come and tell me I'm wrong than to let it go.

I hope these animals burn in hell for all eternity.

(Lori Alexander)

God's moral law does change. It was given to the Jews to show their need for a Savior. No one can live a sinless life and live the law perfectly. Therefore, God sent a Savior who lived a perfect life, dying on a cross and paying the penalty for all of our sins to those who believe in Him. Forgiveness of sins required the shedding of blood so Jesus shed His blood for us. The law was done away with when Christ died on the cross. His only commandment now it to love Him and love others. I certainly don't mind you asking questions! I can see how someone who doesn't know the Bible would be confused by all of this...the Old Testament and the New Covenant

So God's moral law, from the Old Testament, does change. Except for the bit about homosexuality in Leviticus. That never changed.

I can only hope this is true but if it is it is in poor taste and potentially very dangerous- young fundies think this is fine. Clearly Lori Alexander who is a monster sees nothing wrong with this comment because we know she won't post dissenting comments.

If I were present to witness anything like this, there is no fucking way I wouldn't call the police. Spanking may be considered a gray area, but deliberately pushing a child and causing harm is assault as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather have the police come and tell me I'm wrong than to let it go.

I hope these animals burn in hell for all eternity.

I totally agree. You can call for spanking and there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do, but if they show up and a 4 year old has a bloody face because her mom pushed her as hard as she could, you can guarantee they would arrest her ass and they wouldn't give a fuck whether she thought it was the "righteous" thing to do or not. And straight up, that bitch belongs in jail for hurting that precious child.

I totally agree. You can call for spanking and there wouldn't be a damn thing they could do, but if they show up and a 4 year old has a bloody face because her mom pushed her as hard as she could, you can guarantee they would arrest her ass and they wouldn't give a fuck whether she thought it was the "righteous" thing to do or not. And straight up, that bitch belongs in jail for hurting that precious child.

If it was witnessed, or if the child was asked in school what happened and discussed, it would be a child protection file for sure, unless she tried to claim that it was an accident and the child tripped.

OMG just OMG This woman is psychopathic. This stuff makes me ill.

Any mandated reporter who witnessed the bolded would be breaking the law if they didn't call law enforcement and CPS on the spot, right there in the park.

As litigious as our society is, were I Lori Alexander I would be seriously worried about allowing parents to describe their abuse of their children on my website.

Love the post (written in March 2013, me thinks??) where she states that because men have penises it absolves them from helping around with the housework.

I'm not very good with housework, but I do it, otherwise it would be a capharnaum around here! My boyfriend barely does anything re: housework; although he does take out the garbage and recycling bin on the one weekly morning we get of garbage pick-up in my neighbourhood (down from 2 days pick-ups last year, and they still have the gall to raise municipal taxes :angry-banghead: )...

But hey, show me one couple in the area where I live in which the man spends more time doing housecleaning chores than the woman...

The fact that Lori A tells me that I should revel in the house cleaning just because I'm female pisses me off. I never nag about it, but still.

Archived