IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

I can't believe how big those new homes are. I mean I live in land of cheap McMansions and I'm still shocked by the size. What the heck is Meri going to fill hers with? Maybe that's why Kody is so happy that Mariah is off to college, he gets one wife and house all to his self.

Thoughts on who's going to have the next baby? I think Robyn and Christine are the only two still willing/able.

edit: I'm also wondering what name they put all of these houses under? In Las Vegas, you can look up home owners by name on the accessor site or on BlockShopper. Nothing comes up, so they must be listed under an LLC which means it's all money from TLC paychecks (could have guessed that though).

Apparently, interest only loans from the developer.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true points but I think those women are so jealous of each other that the marriages would not survive taking a fifth. Christine was a big baby about not being the last wife anymore and no way is Robyn going to let someone else be the "new, skinny, pretty" wife. Meri is such a control freak that I don't think she'll allow another wife unless she picks out the wife like she did with Robyn.

According to google, Robyn is 34 and Christine is 41. That basically does rule out Christine anyways and Robyn could have maybe 3-4 more kids? Meri is 42, so I'm not sure how strong her odds are even if she decides to do IVF.

Wow, I think I would have put Meri as late 40's. That's definitely not too old to have more; I think a lot of women in their 40's are having babies via IVF these days.

Most of the women in their 40s having pregnancies via IVF are using donor eggs though. I think that may be a hold up for Meri. If she's using both donor eggs and a surrogate it's more and more like the baby isn't really hers (in how I see her mind working).

Wait what, they have interest only loans???

Yep, pretty sure that is what came up this episode. I wonder if Mona and the developer are cutting sweet deals for the PR- that would explain the purchase- they are buying at cost.

Apparently they are interest only loans for three years or so and then they have to refinance or obtain commercial financing.

This group needs to sit down with a financial planner. Financing four new houses on loans that are only 3-5 years in duration is incredibly stupid. Also, I don't understand why they have let their house in Utah sit empty for 2 1/2 years and are just now considering selling it. They seemingly know next to nothing about running a business. Kody drives a Lexus convertible. They are looking at 6 kids that will all be in college in the next 24 months with a bunch more behind them. Even with TLC, I can see the family imploding and everyone filing for bankruptcy sooner rather than later.

Do they take the TLC money in consideration for the loans? That is the only way I can even imagine 5 adults, none of whom are working, getting loans on homes like those. Also, add me to the list of people who do not understand Christine's worry over finding a babysitter. Isn't that supposed to be one of the benefits of having sister wives? That the children will have another mother to care for them while there own mother is at work? The system they had set up in Lehi seemed like an ideal system for their family. They appeared to be a more cohesive family unit there. Now they seem more like a guy who's had several children with multiple women (who are only trying to get along because their kids are siblings) and all the issues and drama that goes with it. I really do not understand these people at all.

This group needs to sit down with a financial planner. Financing four new houses on loans that are only 3-5 years in duration is incredibly stupid. Also, I don't understand why they have let their house in Utah sit empty for 2 1/2 years and are just now considering selling it. They seemingly know next to nothing about running a business. Kody drives a Lexus convertible. They are looking at 6 kids that will all be in college in the next 24 months with a bunch more behind them. Even with TLC, I can see the family imploding and everyone filing for bankruptcy sooner rather than later.

The utah house isn't completely empty. They have said before that Meri's brother is living in it. I assume just Meri's section was empty on the show. Kody's lexus is like a 1995 so that doesn't matter. Just trying to keep facts straight here.

Another way of looking at their situation is that once the left their Lehi bubble, at least two of the wives have begun to realize that polygamy may not "make them better." Therefore, the TV show, adding Robyn, and moving to Vega is all positive.

No, it's not all positive. I mean, polygamy isn't my thing, but were their lives so bad before they let it all unravel? I think it's great that the kids will have influences outside of Utah and Mormonism, but going through the trauma of believing their dad was going to jail and the family was going to be split up (we know it's bullshit but they certainly didn't) had to have been beyond terrifying for them, not to mention the many, many moves that have happened and will happen and having parents who are constantly stressed out. And having it displayed on TV. They've fucked over their kids ten ways from Sunday and we're supposed to feel sorry for them because they all want to be in 4 mcmansions they can't afford by x-mas and because an ugly jewelry line can't support them. I can't call that positive just because the selfish tool that is Meri has decided she likes the privacy away from her sister wives.

The utah house isn't completely empty. They have said before that Meri's brother is living in it. I assume just Meri's section was empty on the show. Kody's lexus is like a 1995 so that doesn't matter. Just trying to keep facts straight here.

Actually, Kody's old Lexus was actually old and bought used. The current one they got as a bonus from some MLM- the gross juice company.

Actually, Kody's old Lexus was actually old and bought used. The current one they got as a bonus from some MLM- the gross juice company.

They got a Nissan Murano from the juice company...the brown convertible suv.

I think they are renting out parts of the house and just Meri's section was empty which still makes no sense since they have no income they should be renting out her part too instead of leaving it vacant in case Mariah wants to live there. Also wouldn't have been cheaper to buy one big piece of land and build one huge house instead of 4 separate houses. I also have to agree about the Christine thing. No reason she can't work weekends with 3 sister wives plus a husband plus all the teenagers who could watch the kids. It makes no sense whatsoever.

They got a Nissan Murano from the juice company...the brown convertible suv.

Sorry- meant to say Kody's current car.

I think Meri is carrying this "I might have another baby, but I might not, and if I decide I to, I'm still not sure how" crap more than a little too far.It's obvious that she enjoys the alone time with Kody, and has even more with her one kid leaving for college.I think the whole baby thing is just a way to keep attention on herself, and something she's probably always used to garner sympathy(& financial "equality").I found her comment about not wanting to give up the privacy they have living in seperate homes because "the wives will be able to see what other wives are doing"and that possibly causing problems, to be a little telling.She seemed so smug about it, and makes me think she's referring to her and Kody's freedom to go out to dinner,etc. whenever, not to mention the extra money they have to spend.

I really think Meri and Robyn should spend more time with Christines kids, although I think Christine is happiest being the stay at home mom, however much she wants to be able to contribute financially.

It seems as if the honeymoon is over for Robyn and Kody.He seems like he's already bored with her.Maybe he realized how tiring it is pandering after a damsel in distress.

"Now they seem more like a guy who's had several children with multiple women (who are only trying to get along because their kids are siblings) and all the issues and drama that goes with it. I really do not understand these people at all."

So true. They remind me of a book I read by a woman who grew up in a harem in Iran--her mother and the other wives had separate houses; they weren't "sister wives," just wives of the same guy. Once a week the mother would take the kids to visit the father at his house.

I also agree that Kody is getting bored with Robyn--he sure doesn't seem to want to pour his energy into her family-saving/supporting jewelry business. Suspect he is now or is planning to court Robyn's sister.

I think Meri is carrying this "I might have another baby, but I might not, and if I decide I to, I'm still not sure how" crap more than a little too far.It's obvious that she enjoys the alone time with Kody, and has even more with her one kid leaving for college.I think the whole baby thing is just a way to keep attention on herself, and something she's probably always used to garner sympathy(& financial "equality").I found her comment about not wanting to give up the privacy they have living in seperate homes because "the wives will be able to see what other wives are doing"and that possibly causing problems, to be a little telling.She seemed so smug about it, and makes me think she's referring to her and Kody's freedom to go out to dinner,etc. whenever, not to mention the extra money they have to spend.

I agree about Meri. I can't believe I liked her in the first season. She seems like such a manipulator.

"Now they seem more like a guy who's had several children with multiple women (who are only trying to get along because their kids are siblings) and all the issues and drama that goes with it. I really do not understand these people at all."

So true. They remind me of a book I read by a woman who grew up in a harem in Iran--her mother and the other wives had separate houses; they weren't "sister wives," just wives of the same guy. Once a week the mother would take the kids to visit the father at his house.

I also agree that Kody is getting bored with Robyn--he sure doesn't seem to want to pour his energy into her family-saving/supporting jewelry business. Suspect he is now or is planning to court Robyn's sister.

Title please?

Even if the Lexus is a 1995, it still seats maybe 5 people tops. That car is more about Kody's ego than anything practical for a father of 17. I didn't know Meri's brother was living there. Is he paying rent?

Just watching tonight. I really think this family would be much better off if Meri and her bitchy brat pig of a daughter were gone. Even the builder seemed to think Meri was a piece of work while complimenting the other three. I notice when I think how much I hate them it is usually after a scene with one or the other of those two. Negative, spoiled, hateful people

Just watching tonight. I really think this family would be much better off if Meri and her bitchy brat pig of a daughter were gone. Even the builder seemed to think Meri was a piece of work while complimenting the other three. I notice when I think how much I hate them it is usually after a scene with one or the other of those two. Negative, spoiled, hateful people

Boy, were they pissed they weren't first into their McMansion! It was strange how Robyn called her kids Dad "their biological father". He is their Dad. Doufas is their stepdad.

I was actually surprised they were visiting at all. FDLS sects often hold that whoever is married to the mother accepts the kids as his own. I believe they have alluded to that in the past on this show.

Oh, and I guess Meri is getting what she deserves for not getting her application straight and fighting over that f'ing "wetbar"

So, I forgot about the airtime delay and thought they kept saying "We need to be in these houses by Christmas (2013)". Shudder at that much more whining about the housing delays.

Also, one wife said something like 'what if only three of us get the houses in time?' Well... you're a family with three other people who own houses, so you might consider... sharing? *le gasp*

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived