IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

The show is doing the opposite of what they intended. Instead of showing all the benefits of plural marriage it's highlighting the pitfalls. At this point none of them seem to like each other. I forget which wife said it but being closer to each means they'll be able to keep tabs on each other. That sounds a lot like Big Love to me.

None of the women work beyond this show so how did 2 of them get funding and 2 did not if they all have the same income from the show? Is the difference the amt of debt? We know Robin had/has a lot of debt since they have shown that before but can we assume Mary/Kody does too?

If this religion is all about the family and the children then the house size should have been determine by the kids, meaning, Jenelle and Christine would get medium/large homes, Robin a medium size home and Meri should get a condo!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The show is doing the opposite of what they intended. Instead of showing all the benefits of plural marriage it's highlighting the pitfalls. At this point none of them seem to like each other. I forget which wife said it but being closer to each means they'll be able to keep tabs on each other. That sounds a lot like Big Love to me.

None of the women work beyond this show so how did 2 of them get funding and 2 did not if they all have the same income from the show? Is the difference the amt of debt? We know Robin had/has a lot of debt since they have shown that before but can we assume Mary/Kody does too?

If this religion is all about the family and the children then the house size should have been determine by the kids, meaning, Jenelle and Christine would get medium/large homes, Robin a medium size home and Meri should get a condo!

My bet is Christine and Janelle have better credit ratings and possibly less debt. As the only legal wife, Meri is tied to whatever problems Kody has. And I believe Robin had a lot of prior financial problems which is why she feels like she's living in paradise in her rental home.

None of them need houses that big. More than half of the kids are in their teens with five or six in their late teens. As far as we know, Robyn isn't pregnant and the other three seem done with birthing babies. I don't know how old Robyn is, but she's probably in her mid 30's so she's not likely to have that many more. I can see Kody trying to bring a younger wife into this hot mess (because he's too dim to see how bad things really are) but that will probably bring about a total collapse.

The houses just seem like a part of a TLC plotline. I just can't see them all affording long-term mortgages, utilities and general upkeep on such huge places once the show ends. Just furnishing those places is going to cost a fortune.

Anyone watch last night? I think with some proper editing the entire show would last 15 minutes and get all the content in. The only interesting part was Meri, Kody and Mariah going back to the house in Utah and deciding it's time to sell it. They had considered keeping it so Mariah could live there while in college. How goofy is that idea?

Anyone watch last night? I think with some proper editing the entire show would last 15 minutes and get all the content in. The only interesting part was Meri, Kody and Mariah going back to the house in Utah and deciding it's time to sell it. They had considered keeping it so Mariah could live there while in college. How goofy is that idea?

I was really surprised they hadn't sold the house, especially since they are always bitching about money, Keep a place built for 20 people for one kid to use while she's in college? Crazy and/or something is missing.

Sobbin's dig at Janelle about wanting $ for the family, not herself, was truly bitchy. Poor Christine tried to contribute to the SWCloset disaster, which she had said she doesn't want to do, and gets humilated by Kodytool on national TV. Janelle seems to be the only one with any sense and work ethic (goes to the gym every day; wants to work at an actual job). She's said before that the only relationship with her SW is to take care of the kids, and that her relationship with Kody is more like a buddy, and she doesn't leave because she won't take her kids away from their siblings. I think as soon as her youngest is out the door,she will be too.

I have a really strong tolerance for crap TV and keep the TV on because its noise, but how many people like me can there be? Last season?

I just need them to ditch my sw closet and get a family business that actually is interesting and attracts customers. They are so stupid when it comes to business.

I watched. Shook my head the entire time. The only time I agreed with anything was when Kody talked about Logan. Go Logan. What a messed up mess. It is sad that all those children in that family are watching their adults make silly decisions and I am praying that they will not think this is how they are to do things. Building houses they can't afford even as they are building them? Those kids are going to be very disappointed in three years when they have to move out and back into small rentals b/c Janelle didn't make enough money to make four house payments and put all those college aged kids thru college. I would say that the plural marriage isn't working out to well for Janelle or Christine. Robin and Meri seem to benefit the most.

Imagine how much money they'd have in savings if they had just returned to their big home in Utah and added on to it for Robyn. They had plenty of space, especially with all these kids going off to college. Living beyond your means is such a pet peeve of mine.

We got to see Meri's wet bar last night. :roll: All her fancy pastries will sure look nice. I just don't understand why she doesn't have a job. Since the other wives have small kids at home and don't work, she shouldn't have to?? :cray-cray: She is a witch with a capital B.

We got to see Meri's wet bar last night. :roll: All her fancy pastries will sure look nice. I just don't understand why she doesn't have a job. Since the other wives have small kids at home and don't work, she shouldn't have to?? :cray-cray: She is a witch with a capital B.

And apparently they all (except Sobbin of course) subsidized Meri's returning to college to finish a degree with the intention of her becoming a supporting member of the family. Ahem.

Why doesn't Kody have a job??? And why didn't they just find an acre of two or land and build one large home??? It seems that is what they all desire....or is it??? Maybe, all the wives deeply desire their own, new, big homes!

Last night's episode was sprinkled with spiritual tidbits (esp. by Kody); yet we have hardly ever seen them praying regularly or being in a solemn place. No Bible leading moments by Kody for this family. Maybe, the Duggars should pay them a visit!!! Better, yet, the Maxwells!!!

Why doesn't Kody have a job??? And why didn't they just find an acre of two or land and build one large home??? It seems that is what they all desire....or is it??? Maybe, all the wives deeply desire their own, new, big homes!

Last night's episode was sprinkled with spiritual tidbits (esp. by Kody); yet we have hardly ever seen them praying regularly or being in a solemn place. No Bible leading moments by Kody for this family. Maybe, the Duggars should pay them a visit!!! Better, yet, the Maxwells!!!

I think I remember from TWOP (BOARD ON BOARD ALERT!) that leaving out the religion was part of the Browns' deal. I guess they want to be portrayed as normally as possibly.

I just need them to ditch my sw closet and get a family business that actually is interesting and attracts customers. They are so stupid when it comes to business.

Yes, that would be the logical choice. But its favorite wives pet project so I dont see that happening.

Yes, that would be the logical choice. But its favorite wives pet project so I dont see that happening.

This. And in the teaser Christine says something about how she realizes she should be more supportive of Robyn's dream--very clear that it is Robyn's dream and she should be supporting Robyn as a sister wife, not at all even pretending that it has anything to do with the rest of them. Christine I think was raised the most religiously and deeply into it and will have a hard time spitting up the Kool-Aid.

So you have Robyn's dream,which she unbelievably snarked about supporting the family with to Janelle, who's been supporting all their lazy asses for years and still is worried about her own kids. And Meri supports Robyn's dream, which I guess she fits in between sewing Christmas pajamas. And neither one of them have shown the slightest interest in learning anything about design, or jewelry, or current fashion (How many American women over age 12 want jewelry that looks good with double t-shirts, or want charm "besties" jewelry?) manufacturing, or anything else except getting their "brand" out there. And Janelle and Christine, who can't be much more blunt about not wanting anything to do with it, keep getting guilted into being team players.

And the Kodester just keeps talking about "branding"--like they went to a few seminars (probably more, given their pyramid-scheme health shit) and picked up some marketing tips.

what none of them seem to realize is that 1) "Sister Wives" isn't likely to be more than at best a niche brand, and 2) marketing isn't everything. The big companies that are great at marketing and made "branding" a buzz word in the first place--P&G comes to mind--also spend huge amounts on research and development and are ruthless about cutting out divisions or brands that don't make the cut. Plus--oh yeah--they make stuff that people actually want to buy.

Just curious--we know that Robyn is from a polygamous family, and we saw her father after Solomon was born and with Solomon at the St. George Expo. But I don't remember ever seeing Robyn's mother.

Did I miss something? Has anyone else ever seen her on camera? Or know anything about her? You would think she would have shown up at the hospital after Solomon was born--although she may just not want to be on camera. Just curious if anyone knows about that situation.

The first season use to show the family praying together, I just don't think that happens anymore and Kody said they don't have a church community in Vegas. Meri's wet bar just looks like a counter top, so that was a waste. Logan seems to be smart so far, he was smart enough to run far away from them anyway. Robyn is just as dumb as Christine and Meri. She admitted that thinking about paying for the 4 mortgages and college tuition for 17 kids only motivates her to work harder at the half-ass Sisterwife's Crap Closet...I just have no words. And then she tries to manipulate the rest of the wives into wanting her failure of a dream to happen when its never going to. Mariah seems very spoiled, and is very unlike the rest of the older kids. They really need to film the show when they're all living together (or at least where they can see each other and bring some drama) because this show has gotten so boring since they all moved apart separately.

I do wonder if the family will end up in 2 of the mcmansions. They keep talking about the possibility of only one or two of the wives qualifying for the loan. Why would anyone pay a downpayment if you dont know if you will qualify for the loan? That seems like a waste of money.

What confuses me the most about the MSWC business is the replicas of the charms that Kody designed for each of the wives. Even if you really, really love this show (earnestly, not snarkily) and are a polygamist, would you really want a charm to match one of the SWs? A charm that was designed for that particular SW's personality by her husband? Like, why would anyone but the woman for whom it was designed want that? And also, if you are a plyg wife, would your HUSBAND want you wearing a charm designed for another woman by HER husband? I just don't get it.

To refer to something discussed pages back, a good friend and I jokingly call each other "sister wife" sometimes. I think it's because we're completely at home in each others house, and, I dunno, we can count on each other to do whatever needs done for any of our kids no matter what, no matter when, and our families are together a lot so sometimes it feels like we're raising them together. But we won't be purchasing jewelry to showcase the joke, that's for damn sure, especially over-priced ugly jewelry.

I saw the show is on Netflix so I've watched a bit of S1 and early S2 before all the Vegas bullshit drama, and it doesn't even feel like the same show or same family. Cody is always a douche but at least he has a full-time job, Janelle is loving her job and her life, Meri is working and going to school to be an at-risk youth counselor, Christine is an extremely happy SAHM holding down the fort at home, and Robin is tucked away down the street. What happened to these people??!? Rhetorical question because we all know, but man, it's just sad to compare then and now.

To refer to something discussed pages back, a good friend and I jokingly call each other "sister wife" sometimes. I think it's because we're completely at home in each others house, and, I dunno, we can count on each other to do whatever needs done for any of our kids no matter what, no matter when, and our families are together a lot so sometimes it feels like we're raising them together. But we won't be purchasing jewelry to showcase the joke, that's for damn sure, especially over-priced ugly jewelry.

I saw the show is on Netflix so I've watched a bit of S1 and early S2 before all the Vegas bullshit drama, and it doesn't even feel like the same show or same family. Cody is always a douche but at least he has a full-time job, Janelle is loving her job and her life, Meri is working and going to school to be an at-risk youth counselor, Christine is an extremely happy SAHM holding down the fort at home, and Robin is tucked away down the street. What happened to these people??!? Rhetorical question because we all know, but man, it's just sad to compare then and now.

Another way of looking at their situation is that once the left their Lehi bubble, at least two of the wives have begun to realize that polygamy may not "make them better." Therefore, the TV show, adding Robyn, and moving to Vega is all positive.

I can't believe how big those new homes are. I mean I live in land of cheap McMansions and I'm still shocked by the size. What the heck is Meri going to fill hers with? Maybe that's why Kody is so happy that Mariah is off to college, he gets one wife and house all to his self.

Thoughts on who's going to have the next baby? I think Robyn and Christine are the only two still willing/able.

edit: I'm also wondering what name they put all of these houses under? In Las Vegas, you can look up home owners by name on the accessor site or on BlockShopper. Nothing comes up, so they must be listed under an LLC which means it's all money from TLC paychecks (could have guessed that though).

I haven't watched this week's episode, because I'm still trying to wrap my head around a scene in last week's show. Did Christine and Kody actually say that she had no one who would take care of her kids while she sold real estate if she had a schedule like Mona's? Can't Kody participate in childcare of the children he fathered? Oh, wait, they call that babysitting. Why would it be a problem having someone watch your kids when there are 3 other wives? WTH does Meri do all day? Polish her wet bar and apply self tanner? I mean what is everyone doing that is so important that they couldn't watch their sister wife's children which would enable at least one member of the family to actually make a paycheck? Janelle is trying, I'll give her that, but none of them have a check that's not provided either by TLC or the MLM green goo. When Christine says "I wanted the family. I didn't just want the man" in the opener, I can't help thinking that she got screwed.

I can't believe how big those new homes are. I mean I live in land of cheap McMansions and I'm still shocked by the size. What the heck is Meri going to fill hers with? Maybe that's why Kody is so happy that Mariah is off to college, he gets one wife and house all to his self.

Thoughts on who's going to have the next baby? I think Robyn and Christine are the only two still willing/able.

edit: I'm also wondering what name they put all of these houses under? In Las Vegas, you can look up home owners by name on the accessor site or on BlockShopper. Nothing comes up, so they must be listed under an LLC which means it's all money from TLC paychecks (could have guessed that though).

I'm pretty sure Christine has said before she doesn't want to have anymore kids so that only leaves Robyn. I think that's why Kody is pushing Meri to have one he knows with Robyn being in her mid thirties with 4 kids how many more is she going to want maybe 1 or 2? He's going to need a 5th wife soon unless he can talk Meri into another one.

Do you think they'll go for a fifth wife? I don't really see it happening, but maybe they'll get really desperate for ratings.

Do you think they'll go for a fifth wife? I don't really see it happening, but maybe they'll get really desperate for ratings.

Their lives are so crazy and he spends such little time as it is with his wives and kids they would be crazy to add a 5th but maybe if she had money and was young enough to give them another 5 or 6 kids they would consider it. They aren't the most rational of thinkers.

Their lives are so crazy and he spends such little time as it is with his wives and kids they would be crazy to add a 5th but maybe if she had money and was young enough to give them another 5 or 6 kids they would consider it. They aren't the most rational of thinkers.

Very true points but I think those women are so jealous of each other that the marriages would not survive taking a fifth. Christine was a big baby about not being the last wife anymore and no way is Robyn going to let someone else be the "new, skinny, pretty" wife. Meri is such a control freak that I don't think she'll allow another wife unless she picks out the wife like she did with Robyn.

According to google, Robyn is 34 and Christine is 41. That basically does rule out Christine anyways and Robyn could have maybe 3-4 more kids? Meri is 42, so I'm not sure how strong her odds are even if she decides to do IVF.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived