IGNORED

Sister wives coming back?

Eternalbluepearl

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, where did you read this?

What if one of the wives loses her house? I mean, who would want to buy it and live in their gated cul-de-sac family compound with them? Kody might have to find a fifth wife with some bucks to buy it from the bank and live in it.

Sister Wives Blog. I don't think it's the most recent entry, it was a few posts back. AZ Christian has mad skillz.

I got the same error.

Make sure to include the part where Kody blames the failure of MSWC on everyone being against them and polygamy. Nevermind that the prices are on par with TIFFANY and their pieces are all polygamy themed. I mean unless I had 3 sisters why would I want the puppy paw charm? The charms are badly designed, over priced crap with only a small niche market but they blame failing because we are religious bigots. :pull-hair:

Talk about a niche market... even once you narrow down their market to polygamist women, wouldn't the women with three other sister wives be the only subset of that group that wants the jewelry? Or maybe I'm too picky about my numbers matching.

I'm not authorized to read the recap either, and I have over 900 posts. There must be some kind of access adjustment to be changed. I'd contact tech support.

update: I reported through a post report that the link does not work to the admins, and that the OP wants it opened to the general public. Hopefully someone will get on that soon, I would love to read the recap!

So, I don't really watch the show, what is Meri using all those rooms for? Why does she have a wetbar? I thought Mormons don't drink.And are the other kids not allowed at her house?

The wetbar is because Meri likes to entertain and bake or something. I think she mentioned pastries at one point. All the rooms? I think it's that she is selfish and wants to ensure the other wives know their place.

I think Meri's house speaks more to the family's poor financial planning than to her greed. If you're buying lots of land through a developer who already has an idea of which types of model homes they are interested in building in an area then you're limited in the type of homes you can buy. Even if she had gotten a five bedroom house instead of a seven bedroom house she was going to get a bigger house than she needed. Why would the developer build a two bedroom home for her when they could use that plot of land for a home which they could get more money for and would fit into the neighborhood better? What they should've done was rented more sensible homes and planned the homes they would build more carefully. I'm not trying to say she's beyond reproach but due to the way they went about getting homes they all were wasting money.

I'm not authorized to read the recap either, and I have over 900 posts. There must be some kind of access adjustment to be changed. I'd contact tech support.

update: I reported through a post report that the link does not work to the admins, and that the OP wants it opened to the general public. Hopefully someone will get on that soon, I would love to read the recap!

I don't know what's up with the link but I saw the report and posted about it in the helpmeet forum so hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to figure it out :)

Now, about the thread. I was watching Wedding Island and saw an ad for the Sister Wives, which I admit I don't normally watch, but every time I see an ad for it someone is crying. Every. Single. Time. It doesn't seem like their show is doing a great of showing polygamy in an especially favourable light. I hope that was not their intent when they started because, as far as I can tell, they are failing miserably.

The wetbar is because Meri likes to entertain and bake or something. I think she mentioned pastries at one point. All the rooms? I think it's that she is selfish and wants to ensure the other wives know their place.

Who exactly would she be entertaining? The other wives? So weird.

Who exactly would she be entertaining? The other wives? So weird.

They've held meeting for the MLM at her house for the suckers investors they're trying to fleece interest.

They've held meeting for the MLM at her house for the suckers investors they're trying to fleece interest.

Since they're all making such a big deal about needing their houses to be close in proximity to one another, I guess the wives take turns hosting meals for everyone? That's 22 people when everyone is there.

I just watched the latest episode. So now apparently Christine doesn't want to do real estate because it will take up too much time? Real estate is something you can do on the side if you're willing to, and provides a lot of free time. My realtor has a totally separate full-time job now and he still got me my house. This show has shown more and more than polygamy just doesn't make sense in the real world. All the wives want different career paths and everyone disagrees, no one wants to be held financially responsible, and everyone always feels they are making sacrifices so no one seems truly happy.

I have noticed that they show Kody on dates/trips with Robyn and Meri a lot more than they do with Christine or Janelle. Does he never go out and do anything with them? And Janelle was right, Kody needs to GTFO of the Sisterwife's Closet, there's no need for him to be a part of that.

I loved it when one of the kids was like "Mom! He called me an effing loser and he used the real word!" I just love that line. :P

I was disgusted by what they showed of the kids, particularly Janelle's boys, during this episode. I think SW is usually pretty good about making the show about the parents and having the children as only minor characters, but they way they showed Gabriel and Garrison's fight really disappointed me. The boys obviously did not want to be on camera (one shut the door in the cameraman's face) and their fight was not something that the whole world needed to see.

Way to exploit your children for a cheap storyline.

I was disgusted by what they showed of the kids, particularly Janelle's boys, during this episode. I think SW is usually pretty good about making the show about the parents and having the children as only minor characters, but they way they showed Gabriel and Garrison's fight really disappointed me. The boys obviously did not want to be on camera (one shut the door in the cameraman's face) and their fight was not something that the whole world needed to see.

Way to exploit your children for a cheap storyline.

Agree. This isn't the first time they've shown boys fighting (not sure if it's the same boys or not. I don't know any of their names or faces, which is a good thing) but it's not appropriate. These kids have no say and their lives are pretty effed up (I didn't use the real word!) as it is.

I did wonder if the Kody intervention was filmed after-the-fact. If it wasn't, he's a pretty feeble disciplinarian. But then again, he's pretty feeble all around.

Agree. This isn't the first time they've shown boys fighting (not sure if it's the same boys or not. I don't know any of their names or faces, which is a good thing) but it's not appropriate. These kids have no say and their lives are pretty effed up (I didn't use the real word!) as it is.

I did wonder if the Kody intervention was filmed after-the-fact. If it wasn't, he's a pretty feeble disciplinarian. But then again, he's pretty feeble all around.

Except in baby-making.

I just watched the latest episode. So now apparently Christine doesn't want to do real estate because it will take up too much time? Real estate is something you can do on the side if you're willing to, and provides a lot of free time. My realtor has a totally separate full-time job now and he still got me my house. This show has shown more and more than polygamy just doesn't make sense in the real world. All the wives want different career paths and everyone disagrees, no one wants to be held financially responsible, and everyone always feels they are making sacrifices so no one seems truly happy.

If these five think their show is promoting polygamy to those of us who don't know much about it they are dead wrong. What I see is five selfish people who are occasionally together for trips, talking couch shots, and special occasions. Why in the world can't Meri help Christine take care of her kids if Christine needs to work on weekends? She has a 7 bedroom house. The youngest of Christine's kids could have their own rooms and treat Meri's house as a second home. Isn't that supposed to be one of the benefits of multiple mothers/wives -- extra help with the children when needed? Either Christine is the laziest human alive or one of the dumbest if she doesn't realize how much time running your own business/working for yourself involves --- much of it on weekends.

Another solution would be for Robyn/Meri to focus on the jewelry business and for Janelle and Christine to focus on real estate sales -- all proceeds to be split four ways. Kody can get himself a job if he wants any of the $$$.

I had read in a 'spoiler' that Robyn's sister is now living with her. If in fact, Robyn is in financial straits maybe sis is there to provide additional cash flow.

Robyn's sister is there to eventually become the fifth wife, betcha five bucks.

Yeah, especially if she's a younger sister.

The last thing these people need is another wife and more kids, but their adherence to their religion makes them completely irrational.

Regarding the comment about them not even considering the possibility of Meri looking after Christine's kids while she works, agree completely. If anyone needs any proof that these people do not function as one family this is it. What is that Meri does with her life anyway? I don't think she works, her only child must be heading to college in a few weeks and she has a massive home with a slew of rooms she'll never use.

I have noticed that they show Kody on dates/trips with Robyn and Meri a lot more than they do with Christine or Janelle. Does he never go out and do anything with them? And Janelle was right, Kody needs to GTFO of the Sisterwife's Closet, there's no need for him to be a part of that.

I agree; none of the wives BUT Janelle seems to understand the family NEEDS a regular income to pay their bills. Why can't Christine work part-time as an agent? The bigger question, is why can't Kody work full time??? He never speaks of looking for work.

1. Robyn spoke about not having many dates with Kody and all she does is care for Sol. I'm curious as to why she didn't mention caring for ALL her children?

2. Why hasn't Robyn been more aggressive getting her loan paper work in order (when she knows hers will be the most complicated) and then pretend she is sooooo concerned about needing them all to be in the homes by Christmas??? Lazy?

3. Meri and Mariah need reflective wear when they run in the dark. Maybe, Janells's new work out wear for the SWC can include such items!

Robyn was really annoying me with her whiney shit about her kids. Oh I never go out, Sol is such a light sleeper. Call the wahhhmbulance!

I cracked up when janelle and Christine were meeting with Mona and Christine said she couldn't work that many weekends. Janelle immediately piped up that she's "in a different place". Girl can't wait to get the fuck out of the house.

Robyn was really annoying me with her whiney shit about her kids. Oh I never go out, Sol is such a light sleeper. Call the wahhhmbulance!

I cracked up when janelle and Christine were meeting with Mona and Christine said she couldn't work that many weekends. Janelle immediately piped up that she's "in a different place". Girl can't wait to get the fuck out of the house.

Janelle stymies me. She seems so rational compared to the rest of the kook brigade.

We may have seen one reason why she's staying - at least for now - last night. Coping with so many adolescent boys on her own is wearing her down. Maybe she thinks she'll have more help once they're all in the same neighborhood. If she doesn't get it and she is able to start a real estate career, I can see her splitting as soon as the show ends, if not sooner.

I really don't see how all being next door to each other is going to solve the problem of not being a family. They are all still separated. I guess the kids can at least go outside and play with their half siblings in the area where their is common concrete, but it isn't like Christine is going to go to Janelle's house in the morning and help her get her kids breakfast etc. Kody will still only be at one house every night and not with all his kids everyday. Seems like it would have been better to have bought two adjoining lots and build one big house ... with one central kitchen, living room etc., but each family unit have their own "wing" to the house.

I haven't watched this show in a long time (since Kody and Robin's wedding) but watched the two episodes shown last night. Just seems like there are a lot of stresses between the wives and Kody is just a silly little boy who can't deal with grown-up adult problems. I don't think it sheds a good light on their lifestyle at all. I feel sorry for the kids.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived