IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 4

happy atheist

Did they REALLY put in a diaper changing station "for the little girls" on that relay race???? My head just exploded. :evil:

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Michelle's reaction at the end was her being pissed just sad. She is not going to get to see her grandchildren grow up and that would be hard on anyone. I know if my husband and kids and I decided to move to another state my mom would be debated even if it was for a good job opportunity.

Mullet doesn't care particularly if she doesn't get to see her grandkids grow up. She's never seemed to embrace grandmotherhood and, for that matter, does seem to care for the babies she bore past the 6 month mark.

Am I the only one horrified by the FRC people's credentials posted here? I mean, these men and women are well-educated and seemingly intelligent and yet they still subscribe to such extremist Biblical beliefs. I mean, I'm pretty much an ignorant hillbilly compared to them with just a community-college degree, but I'm smart enough to not get sucked into an ancient tome.

I think the people with an education who believe like that are even more frightening than SotDRT "graduates." Does anyone know why they believe like that?

Am I the only one horrified by the FRC people's credentials posted here? I mean, these men and women are well-educated and seemingly intelligent and yet they still subscribe to such extremist Biblical beliefs. I mean, I'm pretty much an ignorant hillbilly compared to them with just a community-college degree, but I'm smart enough to not get sucked into an ancient tome.

I think the people with an education who believe like that are even more frightening than SotDRT "graduates." Does anyone know why they believe like that?

At one time, the vast majority of Americans believed as the FRC did-- and it wasn't that long ago. For some issues, such as gay marriage, you don't even have to go back a full decade. Look at California in 2008. At the same time the voters in that progressive state elected Barack Obama, they also voted against gay marriage. You can call these voters extremists, but they represent a large segment of the population. So no, it doesn't surprise me at all that there are well-educated people in the FRC.

I also am wondering if there really is a job...... .

Josh never has said who or what this job is with has he? Perhaps it's with a different organization?

waiting to see this on a dugger hummer

4912_zps6a8ceb41.jpg

I want XGayGreg to get one of those and then he can put a sign on it that says "Jesus gave me a hummer." :o

Maybe Mr. Jim was giving Boob and Mullet a FU moment and trying to show how bad they are as parents by having them attend that church. Maybe it was his only way to clearly show what the Duggars are really like behind closed doors without blatantly throwing them under the bus.

I hope that Anna finds a good support network in DC. It's not like Smugger will be able to do whatever he wants at a job where he's not the boss. I wonder if Anna can say that she doesn't want M3's birth filmed. If she doesn't, she should put her foot down, and tell Smugger what she wants. She's the one having the baby. I find it sad that both Smugger and Boob don't think their job is to help raise their kids. It makes me cringe everytime they say that. It makes them sound so stupid.

I think Anna enjoys the "celebrity" every bit as much as Smugs. No reason she will not want the birth filmed. It's what she does (pop out kids) and in her world it's her most important role.

I think the show is definitely not ending. They are still filming as we speak and with the new baby and the move there is defiantly enough material for at least one more season. Plus they have been on so many years and have a big following it will be announced when the show is ending like the Roloff's was.

I think Michelle's reaction at the end was her being pissed just sad. She is not going to get to see her grandchildren grow up and that would be hard on anyone. I know if my husband and kids and I decided to move to another state my mom would be debated even if it was for a good job opportunity.

As a grandmom with a daughter Smug's age and two small grandkids, I know I would be devasted. Heck, I'd probably cry for a month. But I'd definitely be supportive, put on a happy face and be thrilled for them if it was a good opportunity.

As a grandmom with a daughter Smug's age and two small grandkids, I know I would be devasted. Heck, I'd probably cry for a month. But I'd definitely be supportive, put on a happy face and be thrilled for them if it was a good opportunity.

If we could figure out when that segment was filmed, we could possibly prove it was faked for the show. Michelle is the one who first spilled the beans about Josh moving to Washington (it was reported in early March; it's not clear when her interview was) and there was no ambiguity about it. He was going, and Jinger might be allowed to visit.

“Jinger would love to spend time with her brother and all their children in Washington." In response to Jinger's comment from last season about wanting to live in a city, "New York City is way above what we would ever consider a city where she should move. Jinger meant she wanted to live 15 minutes from a Wal-mart. We live so far out of town on 20 acres, but Jinger wants to live closer to town, so she doesn’t have to drive so far to go shopping." Of course, Mullet, thanks for the clarification.

I suspect Josh's parents are quite pleased that their son is moving into politics, especially considering the nature of those politics.

As for the show "definitely not ending", there will probably be a special after the new grandson is born, but after that all bets are off and I doubt anything is definite either way. Personally, I think the well has completely run dry of story lines and TLC is probably ready to move on, especially with Josh now an executive for a hate group.

My dad had a Phd in a natural science and was a hardcore "fundamentalist" Catholic. So I guess anything is possible. I don't understand it either, though. But look on the bright side, if one is college educated and believes that way, the more likely it is his/her kid/s will be college educated, but REBEL (like I did). Whereas SOTDRT will unfortunately not have the chance for any college experience, and sadly they will continue down the path of ignorance and blind obedience. Just my theory, anyway.

------------

New York City is way above what we would ever consider a city where she should move. Jinger meant she wanted to live 15 minutes from a Wal-mart. We live so far out of town on 20 acres, but Jinger wants to live closer to town, so she doesn’t have to drive so far to go shopping.

A WalMart? Really? Stay classy, Duggars.

I finally watched the episode last night. Man it was a big snooze fest. Really, that's all they had to put in an episode. I do believe the show has jumped the shark.

oh and I was totally defrauded by Josh wearing shorts. Have you noticed he's going against some of what his parents taught him? I wonder how Boob and Mullet feel about this. If he really is going to Washington, how will they be able to keep him under their thumb? I pray they aren't doing a spin-off. I bet Anna would love it and Mullet would just freak out big time

I can't imagine how a spin-off would work. "Let's watch a young couple and their three children living in the suburbs, and the husband commutes to work in the city." ZzZzZzZzZz..... what's the point?

I finally watched the episode last night. Man it was a big snooze fest. Really, that's all they had to put in an episode. I do believe the show has jumped the shark.

oh and I was totally defrauded by Josh wearing shorts. Have you noticed he's going against some of what his parents taught him? I wonder how Boob and Mullet feel about this. If he really is going to Washington, how will they be able to keep him under their thumb? I pray they aren't doing a spin-off. I bet Anna would love it and Mullet would just freak out big time

It wouldn't shock me overmuch to learn that Boob and Mullet have been humming "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones under their breaths all this time.

I'm so proud of Josh! There, I said it. BREAK AWAY! Run free little Duggar!!!!! Next up: Three Kids and DONE

I'm so proud of Josh! There, I said it. BREAK AWAY! Run free little Duggar!!!!! Next up: Three Kids and DONE

Kinda agree. He's still a smug schmuck, but maybe this will open doors for him and maybe his siblings. Orrr it'll make him ten times worse once he's schilling for FRC or whoever.

Years ago my mother offered up some advice on family planning: "One and done" and if you choose not to follow that advice "two and through". Still going? "Three and let it be!" and then "Four and NO MORE!" For the truly foolhardy "Five - Sakes Alive!" After that, I suppose, there were no words!

Years ago my mother offered up some advice on family planning: "One and done" and if you choose not to follow that advice "two and through". Still going? "Three and let it be!" and then "Four and NO MORE!" For the truly foolhardy "Five - Sakes Alive!" After that, I suppose, there were no words!

My mother, who'd had a tubal ligation after I was born, gave this bit of advice to my sister and me after our daughters were born and we were both using diaphragms as contraception "Remember it doesn't work if you leave it the dresser drawer!"

I can't imagine how a spin-off would work. "Let's watch a young couple and their three children living in the suburbs, and the husband commutes to work in the city." ZzZzZzZzZz..... what's the point?

LOL, that could describe about half of my friends. Except the 'young' part anymore.... we're all in our 40s :-). It's a fine life but not very reality-show worthy. ("watch Mom go nuts as Dad has a 5 day business trip while stomach flu rips through the family". "watch Mom sit on the couch Facebooking while the kids play too much Minecraft (can't really see that happening in the Duggar house, though)." "watch Mom drive the kids to piano lessons. And violin lessons. And soccer. And swimming lessons...."

LOL, that could describe about half of my friends. Except the 'young' part anymore.... we're all in our 40s :-). It's a fine life but not very reality-show worthy. ("watch Mom go nuts as Dad has a 5 day business trip while stomach flu rips through the family". "watch Mom sit on the couch Facebooking while the kids play too much Minecraft (can't really see that happening in the Duggar house, though)." "watch Mom drive the kids to piano lessons. And violin lessons. And soccer. And swimming lessons...."

It tends to happen with the parents of kids who actually have lives, not existences.

If Mac and Mike create a little mischief, wouldn't it be basically the Cleavers? Dad goes to work,Mom makes meatloaf and the children create the problem of the week? At least until they start to home school and have a few more kids.

Maybe we will all be watching "The Duggars: Next Generation" on Nick-at-Nite in 20 years?

I pray that Smugger and Anna do not get a spin off. They're impossible to watch as it is. Anna is a robot. Is Smugger going to run on Duggar Time at his new job, or actually work a full day?

I imagine they'll do at least one more season. They'll split filming between AK and DC. I can totally see Jinger and 1 other sister spending a few months with the Smuggers. I don't think they will mention Josh's employer by name, rather say he's working for a conservative family organization. I also predict they'll show him at carefully staged political events and meetings to help him lay the groundwork for a possible future political run.

I just don't get why TLC nurses them along so much. Was Sean an ex-lover of Mullets? Did Boob get caught holding hands with a female staffer? :roll: :?

I pray that Smugger and Anna do not get a spin off. They're impossible to watch as it is. Anna is a robot. Is Smugger going to run on Duggar Time at his new job, or actually work a full day?

From your mouth to God's ear.

I can't stand either of them although Mac is a little cutie. Smugger and Smuggerette are both dull and obnoxious. She acts like every word that falls from his lips is a pearl beyond price when we all know that it is banalities and vapid lies. Gah.

Archived