IGNORED

All things Razing Ruth

razingruth

I so hope you get to Chicago with no further problems. I hope you enjoy the new job and it works out well for you.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't give up, don't let this get you down......GO,GO,GO :auto-car: :auto-dirtbike: :auto-layrubber:

Ruth, providence is looking out for you. I am afraid you would have driven right into horrific weather last night if you'd been closer to Chicago. Hang in there. We are rooting for you.

You can handle this Ruth! You have overcame so much and this trip, though difficult and frustrating, is no match for you. Just remember that you aren't in this alone and something much better is waiting for you at the end of the drive.

Good luck Ruth! We're all rooting for your success with this new chapter in your life. Keep us posted.

You are so, so close to your new life, Ruth. A place of your own, a job in your field - life is going to look and feel a whole lot different very soon. And just think of the travel stories you're going to get to tell your new co-workers! I bet nothing could impress them like "I drove through a tornado for this job." Hard to beat that for dedication!

Hi. I am ok. Just frustrated and down in the dumps because everything on this journey has been twice to three times more than anticipated and I have been battling weather for four days. Will get to Chicago tonight if all goes well. Had windshield replaced the other day only to get 50 miles away and have it start shifting and leaking water because, as I found out, the shield was too small and the genius who put it in didn't know what he was doing. It's fixed now but it put me behind. The storms seem to be following me. I am just worn out but I need to regroup tot Monday. Utilities are my next hurdle to get set up. Thank you to the Borden family for the dinner they brought me in the Nebraska KOA. I was feeling very low until you arrived. Figuring out where I was and looking for the California license plate was clever. Thanks to those who have offered their support in anyway. You guys are my family.

Does Ruth/do you already have your living arrangements set up? I would like to help with the utilities when you get that far if you would feel comfotable pming your utility account number to me. Maybe you'll get really lucky and utilities will be included!

Good luck! You're doing great!

Does Ruth/do you already have your living arrangements set up? I would like to help with the utilities when you get that far if you would feel comfotable pming your utility account number to me. Maybe you'll get really lucky and utilities will be included!

Good luck! You're doing great!

This is such a kind offer! Maybe Ruth could set up a registry (for the stuff she will need for her new place) and those that wanted could help that way.

An Amazon Wish List would be great - not to necessarily have to order through Amazon but to know what could be of help. And I really hope she let's those of us with clothing to offer to do so.

I just feel so damn happy for her!

Ruth, please let us help. I know, from reading your blog, that you hate asking for help but this is us offering. You have been through so much and you have countless stranger-friends (to steal Matt Logelin's phrase) that have come to admire, respect and genuinely like you. Friends help each other and you have many friends here. You're starting a brand new chapter in your life and we would like to be a part of it in some small way.

You could set up a Walmart registry or something similar where we could just ship to the store for you, if you would be more comfortable, or I would happily Paypal you money to rent a post office box.

A registry is really a great idea! Even for sort of silly things like toothpaste or whatever. Most places that do registry (like Amazon, WM, Target) let you set one up and have things mailed WITHOUT revealing the shipping address to the buyer (I've tried because I wanted to send a card to someone getting married and thought that I could just get it on the invoice after I bought the gift from their registry.... nope). Amazon would be great for some of us who have Prime and can get shipping "free." I'd be happy to help with some items!

I will see if target would let me set it up using pseudonym. I would appreciate the help.

I took a look at the Amazon system - it looks to me like there's no problem setting up a wish list under a pseudonym there. Where you want things sent might be an issue for you, though. Some places won't deliver to a P.O. box. Target had that problem last time I was using their wish lists a few years ago to send stuff to a women's shelter out West.

The UPS Store - http://www.theupsstore.com/products-services/mailbox/Pages/index.aspx - might be a solution. They'll rent you a mailbox with a street address.

I took a look at the Amazon system - it looks to me like there's no problem setting up a wish list under a pseudonym there. Where you want things sent might be an issue for you, though. Some places won't deliver to a P.O. box. Target had that problem last time I was using their wish lists a few years ago to send stuff to a women's shelter out West.

The UPS Store - http://www.theupsstore.com/products-services/mailbox/Pages/index.aspx - might be a solution. They'll rent you a mailbox with a street address.

I can PayPal you money to set up the mailbox.

Everyone's entitled to spend their money however they want, obviously, and I know that a lot of those offering have been long-time readers of Razing Ruth's blog. I'll probably take some heat for saying it, but I'm ok with that. After Alecto and Elle and everything else, this whole anonymous-internet-donation thing rubs me the wrong way.

A registry is really a great idea! Even for sort of silly things like toothpaste or whatever. Most places that do registry (like Amazon, WM, Target) let you set one up and have things mailed WITHOUT revealing the shipping address to the buyer (I've tried because I wanted to send a card to someone getting married and thought that I could just get it on the invoice after I bought the gift from their registry.... nope). Amazon would be great for some of us who have Prime and can get shipping "free." I'd be happy to help with some items!

Oh, sorry, I just read this! Scratch what I said about Amazon having a problem with the mailing address. I didn't realize they allowed you to ship blind.

Everyone's entitled to spend their money however they want, obviously, and I know that a lot of those offering have been long-time readers of Razing Ruth's blog. I'll probably take some heat for saying it, but I'm ok with that. After Alecto and Elle and everything else, this whole anonymous-internet-donation thing rubs me the wrong way.

No heat from me. You're entitled to feel that way and it is perfectly understandable, even without the Alecto, Elle, etc situations.

I do hope that Ruth won't take your concerns personally and opt out of letting those that want to help her do so. I'm comfortable believing that "Ruth" is who/what she says she is. I see a young woman that has overcame a great deal and is determined to be more than her upbringing, if I can help make that a little easier for her than I would like to do so. I'm not suggesting that we host a FJ virtual shower or fundraiser but I think it would be wonderful if those that want to do something for Ruth have a way to do so.

I don't think that statement deserves any heat at all. In fact I'm guessing Mary/Ruth would even be fine with it -- there has been speculation here before about her story and I think it's important to be vigilant. The things that has made me "believe" in Ruth is that this story has stayed consistent. That being said, I would never part with an amount of money that I couldn't afford to lose nor give any personal info over the interwebz.

No heat from me. You're entitled to feel that way and it is perfectly understandable, even without the Alecto, Elle, etc situations.

I do hope that Ruth won't take your concerns personally and opt out of letting those that want to help her do so. I'm comfortable believing that "Ruth" is who/what she says she is. I see a young woman that has overcame a great deal and is determined to be more than her upbringing, if I can help make that a little easier for her than I would like to do so. I'm not suggesting that we host a FJ virtual shower or fundraiser but I think it would be wonderful if those that want to do something for Ruth have a way to do so.

Well said, thank you. I was searching for the words.

Seconding what bionicmile, VASportsmom, and others have said so well. I have appreciated the Razing Ruth blogs and would like to return thanks for that.

I haven't said anything, but I've been following along and I'm sorry you've had such a rough trip, Ruth. I hope the rest of it goes well and you have an easy time getting settled and starting your job.

Yeah, shipping to PO Boxes can be a pain - I live in an odd little town that does not have regular mail delivery, so EVERYBODY has a box. The only upside to this is that if something is shipped UPS or FedEx or something when I didn't know how it was going out so it has my box address on it, they will drop it at the post office and they will look up my box and leave a notice in my box so I get it. But I wouldn't count on a busy post office in a big city to reliably pull that trick off; I wouldn't think they have the time. (They claim that people here LIKE having to go to the post office to get their mail. Yeah, sure, I LOVE paying $35 a year to get a service that was FREE for my entire life up to this point. I would rather pay them to deliver to my door!)

I can't help financially but I am pulling for you, Ruth. And I'm sorry the storms have been chasing you!

Archived