IGNORED

So Tempted To Report Dougie's Hazardous Journey Society!

justlurking

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some bible verse they quote in Genesis about God giving man "dominion over animals." :roll:

Yeah, but why does dominion mean we need to kill them all? :lol:

I wish I could say this surprises me, but I've heard this logic quite a bit. As a kid I often had people tell me I shouldn't be a vegetarian because God gave us dominion over the animals (and apparently this means we are required to eat them). My answer was usually something along the lines of, "A queen has dominion over her subjects, but that doesn't mean she gets to kill and eat them."

I wish I could say this surprises me, but I've heard this logic quite a bit. As a kid I often had people tell me I shouldn't be a vegetarian because God gave us dominion over the animals (and apparently this means we are required to eat them). My answer was usually something along the lines of, "A queen has dominion over her subjects, but that doesn't mean she gets to kill and eat them."

Well, you can't kill them all. You have to save one male and one female of each unclean species and 7 females and 7 male of each clean species. Just like God commanded Noah.

Are polar bears clean or unclean?

I've never understood why some religious people get upset at the idea of environmentalism or endangered species. It isn't that they don't just dislike some more extremist groups. They seem to find the very idea of taking care of the planet to be offensive to them somehow.

I've never understood why some religious people get upset at the idea of environmentalism or endangered species. It isn't that they don't just dislike some more extremist groups. They seem to find the very idea of taking care of the planet to be offensive to them somehow.

I don't think it has anything to do with the causes themselves other than they are concidered "liberal" and part of "big government" and since good christian folks need to be "conservative" and for a "small government" they have to be against environmentalism.

The page about the "15 Expeditions" reads like a weird copy and paste job. Each sentence has something good about National Geographic followed by something "detrimental" to society.

Does anyone know how national geographic's documentary on the Peruvian Ice Maiden has informed modern day feminism?

Doug Philips (is a tool) may be able to get a permit through a local guide and his group may be able to hunt down and kill a polar bear, but it is illegal to import any parts (hide, skull, claws, etc.) of said dead polar bear into the US. This has been the law since 2008. So, why are they doing this again?

Doug Philips (is a tool) may be able to get a permit through a local guide and his group may be able to hunt down and kill a polar bear, but it is illegal to import any parts (hide, skull, claws, etc.) of said dead polar bear into the US. This has been the law since 2008. So, why are they doing this again?

To compensate for their small penises?

:wink-kitty:

To compensate for their small penises?

:wink-kitty:

There's that...plus it's hazardous! And manly! And makes Doug (Phillips who is a tool ) money! And he gets to dress up in a distressed leather jacket, a Buffalo plaid shirt, khakis and a cute hat! And no wimmenz!

Doug Phillips :music-tool:

Edited to add: boots! Can't have a hazardous journey without expensive hiking boots.

Here's their facebook page. It looks very quiet, like they could use some action.

facebook.com/hazardousjourneys

Wow - So far, the record of "hazardous" journeys is pitiful - to say the least. Apparently, the last "hazardous" journey was to climb an active volcano in the Philippines. Dougie, I would hate to break it to you - but that isn't really all that dangerous or uncommon. When we were in Guatemala, several years ago, my entire family (mom, dad, siblings, grandparents, etc), climbed an active volcano (Pacaya) near Antigua. It erupted 3 days later. No biggie. While it was fun, it definitely wasn't hazardous, thanks to the scientists who track volcanos and tell tour guides whether or not it is safe to climb them on any given day. We also didn't spend near the $$$$ Dougie and his many men spent :music-tool:

OH NO HE DIDN'T.

*deep breath* Okay. I admit it, killing animals squicks me out, but I'm cool with people hunting for food (I don't think I can't count how many people I know who annually go moose hunting; it's practically a lifestyle up here).

I don't really approve of hunting for sport, but you know, it takes all kinds. As long as you're responsible, legal, and actually respect your prey, okay. Fine. I'm not completely unreasonable, go knock yourself out.

Even if he was talking about a different type of bear (read; not endangered), I wouldn't approve at all, but I probably wouldn't want to strangle Teh Tool.

BUT A FRAKKIN' POLAR BEAR?!

What the HELL, Dougie? First of all, polar bears are endangered. They don't need some idiot, overgrown white man-child running around proclaiming his own holiness to come freaking shoot them.

Second, you're planning on taking a bunch of guys, most likely with families to support, to go take on an extremely dangerous bear. Yeah. I can see why so many people think so highly of your intelligence.

I am so pissed right now. Everyone who's reported him is utterly amazing, and thank you.

Now, tell me. Assuming PETA doesn't nail his ass, and this plan works out, what's next in his hunt for manliness? Castrating a penguin? (Is that even possible?)

Agree with those of you who think that a polar bear may be far more dangerous to these idiots than they have the wits to imagine or understand.

And because it can't be said too often:

Doug Phillips Is A Tool

Hazardous polar bear Doug Phillips Is A Tool FAA sequester Obama

This disgusts me. Proving Biblical Manhood by hunting and killing something that they should never come face to face with for no reason except to shore up their male egos? REALLY? I agree with hunting for food and to control populations that are dangerously out of whack, but to do this in the name of GOD is messed up. Why does being a man mean KILLING something? And that website...talking about the how the Polar Bear is an icon and why then, without missing a beat, "so we are going to go kill one that's just hanging out in it's natural habitat for shits and giggles and prove we don't care...take THAT anyone who cares!". There are no words. Tool doesn't come close.

I don't think it has anything to do with the causes themselves other than they are concidered "liberal" and part of "big government" and since good christian folks need to be "conservative" and for a "small government" they have to be against environmentalism.

That and they know fuck-all about ecology, biodiversity, climate change, et al. and don't care about studying actual facts anyway. Caring about the environment is for treehugging librul hippies anyway. :romance-threesome: (Pretend the person in the middle is a tree.)

Doug Phillips is a tool. :tools-hammerdrill:

:lol: That's great :D I used to be a member of a Christian vegetarian society, whose general premise was that God gave humans dominion over the earth, but with dominion comes responsibility and it was our job as humans to look after the planet. Gotta say, it makes a lot more sense than the "destroy the planet because God told us to" mindset.

Fools.

Polar bears are the most dangerous animals on this earth. They're one of the only species that hunt for sport. I have a Norwegian friend whose cousin watched her school friend mauled to death on a camping trip. Best left well alone.

I hate to suggest this but do you think that he is going to cage hunt the polar bear?

http://advocacy.britannica.com/blog/adv ... in-a-cage/

All canned-hunting parks that specialize in land mammals have a reinforced fence, which prevents the animals from simply walking away, though a small number do manage to overcome this obstacle. (Birds are usually kept in cages until just before they are shot.) Although most parks occupy a few hundred to several thousand acres, the animals in them do not always roam freely over the total area. It is typical for certain kinds of animals to be restricted within much smaller enclosures by fences or other artificial barriers. In some parks, clients with a minimum of skill, energy, or time can kill animals in a fenced enclosure of only a few square yards. For the truly impatient or incompetent hunter, some parks will even sedate the animal or tie it to a stake.

I'm pretty sure they don't cage hunt polar bears. These idiots can't hunt them at all in Alaska, and they can hunt them in Canada if they buy a permit from an individual Native or Native village. They don't keep polar bears in pens in the arctic. The good news is that only half the sport hunters who buy a permit manage to get a bear.

They will probably pay someone to sedate the beast first

Because nothing says manly and brave like shooting a sedated bear! So dangerous!

I would love to see PETA protest Dougie and the vision forum. PETA specalizes in protests that are a theatre of the absurd and usually have a lot of defrauding naked women rolling around in fake blood. Imagine if they showed up at the next vision forum event?

Sadly, I think PETA on their case will only strengthen their resolve to do it. Our best bet is to hope for a "Life of Pi" situation with Dougie, an iceberg and a rabid polar bear.

Sadly, I think PETA on their case will only strengthen their resolve to do it. Our best bet is to hope for a "Life of Pi" situation with Dougie, an iceberg and a rabid polar bear.

I'm sure that will make Dougie a Martyr to the religon of manly christianity (instead of a egotistical tool) as well. Wasn't there a person in the bible who got eaten by a bear?

I hate to suggest this but do you think that he is going to cage hunt the polar bear?

http://advocacy.britannica.com/blog/adv ... in-a-cage/

That is disgusting! I bet this is exactly how the polar bear hunt will go down.

Hey Doug the tool, if you are going to 'hunt' a polar bear then grow a dick and do it like a real manly man.......oh wait! Real men don't have the need to wave their dicks around to 'prove' their manhood.

Because nothing says manly and brave like shooting a sedated bear! So dangerous!

I would love to see PETA protest Dougie and the vision forum. PETA specalizes in protests that are a theatre of the absurd and usually have a lot of defrauding naked women rolling around in fake blood. Imagine if they showed up at the next vision forum event?

I would pay to see this. :lol:

Aren't the Duggars supporters of Vision Forum? Like Michelle spoke at that food event that they put on? I wonder if we could get a connection between the two it would get more media attention. A crazy Christian group doing something like this is one thing, but a crazy Christian group killing polar bears for fun AND they are associated with a reality tv family is more attention grabbing.

Archived