IGNORED

So Tempted To Report Dougie's Hazardous Journey Society!

justlurking

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reminds me of the Nostalgia Critic's review of Alaska:

Doug ( is a tool ) thinks polar bears are cute and cuddly, but really they can be quite savage.

Also, this is what Doug ( is a tool ) is saying about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2P8sqHJns

He wants that bear!

Like I said on another Doug Phillips is a tool thread, he just needs to go on Craig's List. He can find all the bears he can handle, and it won't cost him 35k.

I actually did report them to Polar Bears International. Following is the correspondence between them and me:

Good evening, Barbara

Thank you for replying and welcome to the wonderful world of Christian Dominionism.

These wankers won't be glorifying God by killing a polar bear, but only themselves.

They seriously believe they were given dominion of all other life on earth, even though

the Bible itself enjoins people to husband natural resources carefully. Since you've read their website (my congratulations on your cast-iron stomach), you see that they want to prove their "manliness" by shooting a creature that can't shoot back and that is furthermore, endangered. In fact, I believe the endangeredness of the polar bear

is its principal appeal to them.

As for why they don't raise funds to help the poor, their willingness to help anyone is limited to the "select" that share their worldview. If you're non-Christian, or Christian but not the "right" kind, you can go play in traffic as far as they're concerned. They also don't believe that our planet needs any help from the humans that occupy it. I believe it is vital to their mental health to disbelieve climate change, global warming, evolution because if they accepted any of it, they would also have to acknowledge their own part in it.

I'm hoping that your organization can do something to disrupt this travesty. These idiots are also endangering themselves as well as the bears. As much as I detest these people, I don't wish harm on them. They risk having an irate bear go all "Lord Of The Flies" on their entitled posteriors.

Thanks for reading this and have a nice evening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Hazardous Journeys

Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 08:20:55 -0500

To: dunnejanice@hotmail.com

Hi Janice,

We're saddened to read that a Christian group considers killing polar bears somehow connected with "exploration and discovery for God's glory." How does killing a magnificent animal glorify God? Very strange and disturbing. I looked at their website and they seem to have a strong anti-science bent. They don't believe in evolution or that climate change threatens polar bears.

As for the legality, Canadian natives have the right to kill a limited number of polar bears based on a quota system. They are also permitted to sell their quotas to non-natives. Ironically, this actually results in fewer bears being killed, as the non-native hunters are not as skilled.

This is one of the strangest things I've seen in quite a while. Why aren't they raising funds to help poor people or to protect the planet?

Kind regards,

Barbara Nielsen

Polar Bears International

Director of Communications

bnielsen@pbears.org

On May 1, 2013, at 6:59 AM, Janice Dunne wrote:

Submitted on Wed, 05/01/2013 - 06:59

Submitted by anonymous user: [173.164.116.25]

Submitted values are:

Name: Janice Dunne

E-mail: dunnejanice@hotmail.com

I don't know if anyone else has contacted you about this, but a group of

armchair explorers called the Hazardous Journeys Society has declared their

intention to hunt a polar bear in Canada:

http://hazardousjourneys.org/expedition ... ns/canada/

The parent group of these idiots is Vision Forum, a fundamentalist Christian

group here in the United States. Now, I have nothing against them being

Christian or even fundamentalist. But these wankers think it's manly to kill

a member of an endangered species. I'm hoping you can do or say something to

disrupt this hunt or shame them out of continuing it.

While I think they fully deserve being flooded with hate mail, as they will be if PETA puts out a public alert about them, the Small Penis Society will only be stopped by legal means. Or the polar bear kicking their ass. Which, I'm not ashamed to say, I hope happens.

Any updates on this? It popped in my mind earlier and i wondered if anyone got a response.

I hope that this gets out to the media and/news. Just because people can be fundamentalist Xtians doesn't give them the right to kill endangered species because they find it manly.

I've never understood why some religious people get upset at the idea of environmentalism or endangered species. It isn't that they don't just dislike some more extremist groups. They seem to find the very idea of taking care of the planet to be offensive to them somehow.

I really don't get it either, especially as the explanation is "God gave us the earth". Wouldn't that be a reason to keep it nice and clean and beautiful rather than sacking it?

What would Dougie make of St. Francis of Assisi who spoke to a wolf and convinced him not to scare a village anymore? Does that show how Catholics are evil idolaters or something?

Does David Attenborough have any kind of contact system set up? He has the name and resources to get this spread and put pressure on these dickwads. This is one of the most disgusting displays of patriarchal domination I've ever seen.

Does is say anywhere that they found a native to sell them a license? Perhaps we could put the word out in the communities up there to avoid these tools like the plague. Sure, some hunters might sell their license because they need the money but there are also plenty who would be appalled by this group's attitude towards nature

Hello. I think this is the most horrible thing. . .I can't even believe they are doing this. Seriously? :((((((

I also can't believe their wives support them

Hello. . .can someone please advise? Is "you're all going to hell" standard on a new person's avatar? I did not put that there. :) Thank you in advance

Hi, grace_notes. Welcome. :) And yes, that is the standard user post title name thing (what is that called?) for new users.

What happens when Doug et al go on this hazardous journey to kill a polar bear ... and end up not killing a polar bear? Granted, I've never gone polar bear hunting, but I don't imagine it to be an 'easy' 'sport'. What will the 26 year old filmmaker do? Bring along a teddy bear polar bear and pretend it is real?

Hi, grace_notes. Welcome. :) And yes, that is the standard user post title name thing (what is that called?) for new users.

What happens when Doug et al go on this hazardous journey to kill a polar bear ... and end up not killing a polar bear? Granted, I've never gone polar bear hunting, but I don't imagine it to be an 'easy' 'sport'. What will the 26 year old filmmaker do? Bring along a teddy bear polar bear and pretend it is real?

If they are unsuccesful in killing the bear then they will claim that the LORD laid in upon their hearts to spare the majestic beast.

I really don't get it either, especially as the explanation is "God gave us the earth". Wouldn't that be a reason to keep it nice and clean and beautiful rather than sacking it?

What would Dougie make of St. Francis of Assisi who spoke to a wolf and convinced him not to scare a village anymore? Does that show how Catholics are evil idolaters or something?

Catholics? According to non-Catholic fundies; they're not "real" Xtians.

I did receive a further reply from Polar Bears International:

Hi Janice,

Unfortunately there isn't a thing we can do as the hunts are legal. Canada allows native hunting based on a carefully regulated quota system; and natives are allowed to sell their right to hunt a bear to non-natives. This usually leads to fewer bears being killed because non-native hunters aren't as skillful.

What a strange and deluded group this appears to be

Barbara

Barbara Nielsen

Polar Bears International

Director of Communications

bnielsen@pbears.org

I suspect that anyone else I approach will be under the same constraints, unfortunately. But at least they're now aware of Vision Forum

For what it's worth, I started a Facebook petition via Change.org:

Vision Forum and the Hazardous Journeys Society: Call off their proposed polar bear hunt in Canada - Sign the Petition!

Janice just signed this petition on Change.org.

100 signatures are still needed!.

Like · · Send · Share · Sign the Petition · 2 minutes ago via Change.org ·

Don't polar bears have enough trouble, without a bunch of armchair warriors chasing them all over the Canadian tundra?

a few seconds ago · Like

Is there a way I could still sign if I'm not on facebook?

Those poor polar bears. If Doug Phillips (is a tool) DOES manage to kill one, you can bet he won't have the skills to do so swiftly, and might even think it's manlier to inflict as cruel a death as possible on the poor creature.

May the entire world know what a tool Douggie is.

Is there a way I could still sign if I'm not on facebook?

Those poor polar bears. If Doug Phillips (is a tool) DOES manage to kill one, you can bet he won't have the skills to do so swiftly, and might even think it's manlier to inflict as cruel a death as possible on the poor creature.

May the entire world know what a tool Douggie is.

Hi, if you're not on Facebook, you can probably find the petition by going to the Change.org website and doing a search for "Vision Forum", "Hazardous Journeys Society" and "polar bears".

Dougie (The Tool) being what he is, he and his armchair warriors will probably disturb a mother polar bear while she and her cubs are feeding, then shoot her when she attacks to defend the cubs.

Yes! Like if the bear is wounded, and gets away. . .what about that???? My heart is broken.

And as well. . .my heart is stunned that people would value this as collateral to be a worthwhile person.

S.T.U.N.N.E.D.

In my opinion and belief that is NOT NOT NOT a Christian thing to do. . .to kill a bear that is endangered. As well? To go do something where you are CLUELESS and there could be tragic ramifications and suffering because of that.

For shame! :angry-banghead:

I suspect Dougie will hire some natives to do his dirty work and then when the deed is done he'll have pictures taken oh himself crowing over his 'kill' to show what a big brave twat, I mean man, he is.

I suspect Dougie will hire some natives to do his dirty work and then when the deed is done he'll have pictures taken oh himself crowing over his 'kill' to show what a big brave twat, I mean man, he is.

Maybe we should warn the Natives? I'm sure Dougie will also share the gospel with the dirty heathens as well.

I would. The last thing those people need is to be fucked around with by asshole Christians...again.

Archived