IGNORED

Stupid Stuff People Post on Facebook

hahe77

Tons of Fundies on my feed, why did I go back to Facebook, are furious over the Macy's parade having "Kinky Boots" highlighted. I have numerous "the world is sinful and going to hell in a hand basket" posts. Yay, Thanksgiving!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a friend on FB that is always begging for donations for Baby X's Adoption Journey. She is always having some fundraiser. She has yard sales and wants donations then she wants you to come to her yard sales. Another one of her fundraisers is she has asked people to save all of their lose change. She even went as far to put an equation out. If X number of people save this much we will this X amount closer to our goal. She even has a goal meter. I know some people don't like it and really don't agree with the fundraising concept for adoption. I know the couple has been through three years of fertility treatments and they truly want a child and I know they will be great parents. I do know that they have a certain criteria (not sure if correct word) child they want. I am kind of ambivalent on the whole situation. I know this situation is a very touchy area for people.

Any thoughts?

Do we have the same friend? Lol

My friend has basically the same story, minus the fertility issues. She's set up 1 of those fundraising sites, but it links to her Facebook page ever time she posts something (like every 3 hours.) It's all about how they know "Jesus will provide" and blah blah blah. They've said they're going to make a frame with every donor's name on it, and put a picture of their eventual baby in it, so said baby will know who helped get him, or her. (For lack of better words.)

This couple also saved their 1st kiss for their wedding day. The homily at the ceremony was ripe with virginity talk & saving oneself & gag me.

dear sky dog. who knew the following things "cause autism"

- paracetemol

- ultrasounds

- antibiotics

- c-sections

- fluoride

- vaccines

i know vaccines are a crapshot but mother of all that is good : antibiotics?! ultrasounds?! HOWWHYWHAT?! GHAGHAGHGAHGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAHGAHGHAGHAGHGAHGA

But the tornadoes in the mid-West were ....?

Punishment for gay marriage, Afordable care act and not being good dominionists.... you have to follow along. God will punish everyone in the USA if we don't stop all these things...... I hear it frequently.

Tons of Fundies on my feed, why did I go back to Facebook, are furious over the Macy's parade having "Kinky Boots" highlighted. I have numerous "the world is sinful and going to hell in a hand basket" posts. Yay, Thanksgiving!

This hasn't appeared in my FB feed (yet, anyway).

I (for a while) have been on a crusade of "Hide all posts from" - insert name/organization/page - the originators of the crap that this thread is about. I don't hide my family/friends from real life so that I can see what's going on in the lives of people I do care about. But I have a few who re-post all kinds of crap like this.

Anyway - I haven't seen this one, so my "hide" crusade must be working, at least to a degree. :)

This hasn't appeared in my FB feed (yet, anyway).

I (for a while) have been on a crusade of "Hide all posts from" - insert name/organization/page - the originators of the crap that this thread is about. I don't hide my family/friends from real life so that I can see what's going on in the lives of people I do care about. But I have a few who re-post all kinds of crap like this.

Anyway - I haven't seen this one, so my "hide" crusade must be working, at least to a degree. :)

Unfortunately, it is most my family and a few friends in real life that are the problem. I need better friends and family, apparently :lol:

It got crazy yesterday. My mother was going batshit about family values and how Macy's is horrrible. I simply asked, "what did I mss? I am not sure I understand." At that time I honestly had no idea what she meant because I did not see the performance until later that day from the rerun. All hell broke out over that simple question. Twenty four hours later and I am still trying to figure out what happened. It was so bizarre. But hey, I was told last night I was garbage, a sinner, and an idiot. Aw, I just love Facebook. Good times.

dear sky dog. who knew the following things "cause autism"

- paracetemol

- ultrasounds

- antibiotics

- c-sections

- fluoride

- vaccines

i know vaccines are a crapshot but mother of all that is good : antibiotics?! ultrasounds?! HOWWHYWHAT?! GHAGHAGHGAHGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAHGAHGHAGHAGHGAHGA

No milk or dairy on that list? That a new one. I've been told that milk before the age of 1 casue autism. Either milk or eggs. :roll:

I guess that is a sentiment that I would not take literally. It is just a way to express irritation that the music gets played so early. I highly doubt anyone is writing to their Congressman.

Well, maybe they should. Excessive Christmas music has been linked to violence, impotence, rashes in embarrassing places, insomnia, bubonic plague, drunk driving, and hyperactivity in small children. Please, isn't anybody thinking of the children?

I have a friend on FB that is always begging for donations for Baby X's Adoption Journey. She is always having some fundraiser. She has yard sales and wants donations then she wants you to come to her yard sales. Another one of her fundraisers is she has asked people to save all of their lose change. She even went as far to put an equation out. If X number of people save this much we will this X amount closer to our goal. She even has a goal meter. I know some people don't like it and really don't agree with the fundraising concept for adoption. I know the couple has been through three years of fertility treatments and they truly want a child and I know they will be great parents. I do know that they have a certain criteria (not sure if correct word) child they want. I am kind of ambivalent on the whole situation. I know this situation is a very touchy area for people.

Any thoughts?

I would never do this. I also would block her, but that is me.

I wouldn't have any problem with adoption fundraising in general, because that shit can get expensive and they've probably drained their savings on the fertility treatments (yay for most insurance not covering that). But I usually block people after their first half a dozen requests for money. If I can't help you the first 6 times I can't help you now.

No milk or dairy on that list? That a new one. I've been told that milk before the age of 1 casue autism. Either milk or eggs. :roll:

Ugh, this is horrible news for mothers of babies who have a legit milk allergy (me)! Now we're going to look like whackos for eliminating dairy. I will say though that occasionally kids who are already diagnosed with autism benefit from cutting out gluten, but that's not the CAUSE of their autism.

I have a friend who post vague statuses all of the time, then won't elaborate on them. Recently she said something like, "Ended up in the hospital today. Waiting for my test results to come back." Of course a lot of people jumped in, asking what was wrong. I never did find out, and she seems fine now. Last year her cat suddenly became sick and died. Yes, it was terrible, but she held a month long vigil for her cat. Every day she would post something like, "I can't believe you're gone." "You were with me for such a short time." For. A. Month.

I can't believe what some people will post about very personal matters. Like when you can watch a messy break-up happen over status updates. My SIL still calls out her ex (who isn't even on FB) over very personal issues on FB of all places!

I have someone on FB who has family arguments on there all the time. That makes four or five people putting their personal problems out for public viewing. I'm not sure if they have no shame or think the world is interested in their personal issues.

I have two pet peeves on FB. Passive aggressive people who tag their SO and be like "Thanks SO Much,,, grrr."

And the obsessive posing of children. One girl keeps posting her child in massive headbows, ruffles, tutus, and animal print, spelling everything like MAma'z lIL bAyBEE guRl!!!

RAGE

I hate it when people post pictures of themselves or their children when they are injured and/or hospitalized. I just don't understand why they want people to see them that way.

The worst was when my best friend's cousin was pregnant for the first time and tragically went into early labor in the 2nd trimester. The baby died several hours after being born. She took pictures of her and the baby and posted them on Facebook. Even though I am not Facebook friends with her, I saw the pictures in my newsfeed because my friend made comments on them. It made me upset and angry, both because the pictures themselves disturbed me for days, and because these were pictures that I shouldn't have had access to and only was able to see them because of Facebook's bizarre privacy loopholes.

I just saw my first "CHRISTmas, not Xmas" post on Facebook for the year, with a link to songear.com/im-keep-christ-in-christmas-whos-with-me.html (It's SonGear, not SongEar). Complete with tons of repeated "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON" and "I'm KEEPING THE CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS, Who's with me" comments, caps-lock and all.

It's a friend-of-a-Farmville-friend, and I'm tired, so I don't think I'm going to hunt down the explanation of the Greek X tonight.

I never post family drama on my FB. My family has a right to their privacy. But, my cat Eli is is a very prominent feature..…LOL!

I just saw my first "CHRISTmas, not Xmas" post on Facebook for the year, with a link to songear.com/im-keep-christ-in-christmas-whos-with-me.html (It's SonGear, not SongEar). Complete with tons of repeated "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON" and "I'm KEEPING THE CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS, Who's with me" comments, caps-lock and all.

It's a friend-of-a-Farmville-friend, and I'm tired, so I don't think I'm going to hunt down the explanation of the Greek X tonight.

AARGH

I don't get that but I do get people saying "Why do some folk call it Xmas? That's just offending Christians on purpose and being, like, really rude!" NO

HISTORY AND GREEK, LEARN IT PEOPLE

I get a lot of "It's Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays!" One of my friends replied, "Saying Happy Holidays is like saying 'kids' rather than naming each kid one at a time."

I usually love watching my family fight on Facebook (half of my family is total white trash and it's kind of awesome when they go at it). When my cousin got divorced a few years ago, my mom, aunt, and sister managed to get all of us blocked from his ex-wife's Facebook page (and I wasn't even involved, I was only on the ex-wife's page to see pics of their daughter, because she's family and I never get to see her). Not only did I get to read the fun, but I got to LISTEN to my mom hash out the whole damn thing again every night on the phone. Enough was enough.

There was also the time I found out my parents were getting a divorce via Facebook. THAT was a flipping BLAST, let me tell you. Thanks, Mom!

Also? The Elf on the Shelf arguments have been hella-entertaining for the last week. If you do have an Elf, you're the debbul with too much time on your hands, and if you don't have an Elf, you don't love your kids and you suck as a parent. Who knew?

Also? The Elf on the Shelf arguments have been hella-entertaining for the last week. If you do have an Elf, you're the debbul with too much time on your hands, and if you don't have an Elf, you don't love your kids and you suck as a parent. Who knew?

Bhuh? I had no idea the Elf was such SRS BSNS! :lol: I mean, how did we ever get by without them?

But hey, I was told last night I was garbage, a sinner, and an idiot. Aw, I just love Facebook. Good times.

I hope she was kidding. If not, I'm sending you a hug! No mother should ever say that to their child.

I have a tea-bagging uncle who thinks Obama is the devil. I sometimes think about unfriending him, but I usually just roll my eyes and scroll past. He posts all about following the Constitution exactly and that Obama is a Muslim. I once asked him why it mattered since there is the 1st amendment. I got an inane reply and he didn't realize I was calling him a hypocrit. Also, he told me he's not racist but called Obama a 'half and half' and Muslim. :wtf:

My SIL just posted the message, "Dear G-d, Help me to worry less about putting the 'Christ' back in 'Christmas' and more about putting the 'Christ' back in 'Christian.'"

Archived