IGNORED

Stupid Stuff People Post on Facebook

hahe77

I hate those, too. I have a friend who has some really bad chronic medical issues and she and her girlfriend are currently urging people to share her story on Facebook so that...maybe eventually a doctor with some new ideas will see it? I'm not really sure. I feel like a bad friend for not complying, but I don't think problems are solved by clicking the "like" button. I just don't.

Umm, well as a doctor, I can definitively say that neither myself nor my colleagues have ever trolled for patients on FB.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read this morning; So true about many things: Google chairman on Boston bombings: 'The first thing you hear online may not be correct'

Everything you guys have posted have irked me a lot more lately too. I went through and deleted a few, blocked who I really do not want to delete and just grit my teeth through the rest.

I don't know why but it's this one person that is constantly, seemingly just looking up those urban legend missing and sick children posts. I posted a snopes link finally to one he posted on that infamous old one that describes the perp along with his license number but no name or info on the kid but the sex and age. I told them a good rule of thumb is if they do not describe the child it is a fake. If they had all that info on the abductor, (and it was supposedly a "stranger" abductor) then why do they not have any on the child??

THey responded with, get this. "I called my local police dept and they said this story is true!"

Well I called his bluff since one of my friends works dispatch and (this is the good part) his police dept told her the same thing!!! (my friend was laughing too when they told her)

I was just floored. Apparently even people in charge of our safety are idiots sometimes. :o

and yes it was definitely a fake. It even called itself an Amber Alert and on the official site no child was ever missing with this description.

My mom thinks that Obama is going to change the constitution in order to run again (and become some kind of dictator I guess????). Seriously, she believes this garbage. Never mind that 2/3 of both houses of Congress need to propose a constitutional change or 2/3 of the states legislatures must call on Congress to hold a Constitutional convention after which 3/4 of the states via state legislatures or constitutional conventions must ratify the amendment. Apparently, she slept through American Government in high school.

The sad thing is, she actually votes. Good God!

I am pretty sure that I have inlaws who believe that as well, and were saying it even before the last election (won't have to change the constitution, he'll have an emergency and call martial law and / or just do an executive order...) One of them is actually married to politician... :cry:

I take heart in the fact that I had a liberal but nutjob online aquaintance who said the exact same thing about Bush2-- was sure there would not be an election.

This showed up in my fb feed this morning

An Open Letter To Liberals

Dear Liberals,

I wanted to send along my condolences in regards to the rough week you guys have had.

Now that the Boston Marathon bombers have been identified as Muslim terrorists, I can only imagine how heartbroken you must be. Hell – I wouldn’t be surprised if Tingles Matthews is on 24-hour suicide watch. Then, you have the morbidly-obese Michael Moore, who immediately speculated that the bombers were “white right-wingers,†now pathetically claiming via Twitter that he was “right.†(Seems as if he missed the part about the killers being radicalized Chechen Muslims.) I can only imagine how embarrassing it must be that once again, one of your self-appointed spokesmen – er, sorry, “spokespersons†– is such a spectacularly sore loser.

Speaking of spectacularly sore losers, your president’s little temper tantrum in the Rose Garden after the Senate handed him his ass on the gun-control bill must have been embarrassing as well. To add insult to injury, it was the Democrat-controlled Senate that did the ass-handing – with five Democrats joining the ranks of the evil Republicans – or as O likes to call them, the “enemies.†I’m sure that the disappointment of being denied the opportunity to blame the bill’s defeat on John Boehner and the House Republicans is excruciating for him.

Take heart though; O’s humiliation, after he pulled out all the stops, will only serve to motivate him to issue yet another slew of executive orders – and Congress will be circumvented again! So, see? All it not lost in your efforts to control the guns of law-abiding citizens. Besides, this is only one loss in the long march to confiscate guns; have a little patience!

I’m sure it must also be rough for you guys to read about the horrific testimony and see the grisly images coming out of the Philadelphia abortionist’s murder trial. Not very good for the cause, is it? Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place; your media refuses to cover the story in its effort to protect abortion at all costs – while it continues to draw an ever-increasing amount of criticism for doing so. I mean, it’s getting so bad that even liberal commentators are pointing out the hypocrisy. Too bad Gosnell didn’t kill all those babies with an AR-15, huh? How awesome would that have been?

Anyway, chins up, dudes – it won’t be this bad forever. Besides, if the fertilizer plant explosion in Texas turns out to have been intentionally caused by a white right-winger – better yet, a white right-wing Christian – everything will be good again on Planet Looney Tunes. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Have a great weekend,

A Concerned Conservative

P.S. Almost forgot: So sorry that the deluded nut job Elvis impersonator who sent ricin-laced letters to O and several members of Congress turned out to not only be a Democrat – but a Democrat activist, no less. Man, when it rains, it pours, huh?

Like · · Share · 4 hours ago ·

14 people like this.

1 share

:angry-screaming: :pull-hair:

^ Conservatives seem to be absolutely gleeful about recent tragedies. Good to know.

:angry-banghead:

^ Conservatives seem to be absolutely gleeful about recent tragedies. Good to know.

:angry-banghead:

I can't get too mad at them after all the schadenfreude in which I and pretty much all my FB friends engaged after the last election. :lol:

This showed up in my fb feed this morning

:angry-screaming: :pull-hair:

Good grief, people post the most idiotic things, don't they? Also, I know the Elvis impersonator idiot. He's very... Interesting. Was friends with him on Myspace, but didn't bring that friendship to Facebook because he's such a conspiracy theory idiot.

And what are all these posts where you are supposed to type something in the comment box, usually a number, and "watch what happens to the picture/photo". Nothing happens and then you feel dumb.

Speaking of Facebook, what is up with Words with Friends? Mine hasn't worked since before the weekend.

One of my oldest friends "got saved" again - for about the fifth time since I've known her. She gos to church for awhile, gets disillusioned, stops going for awhile, tries a new church, gets saved, gets disillusioned, stops going, rinse & repeat. She was baptised for the fifth time (FOR REAL this time, lol) & has been posting daily bible readings & stuff. Then Sunday she posted this:

"I am fixing to open a box here!!!!! for anyone to answer,, PM me if you want too...

From Adam/Eve to now has been a little over 4000 years, but the earth is billions of years old. I am curious in what people think. As most of you know I believe in the science of us but also in God, but I still have questions on how/why? Why are we so sinificant/special." (Spelling is hers)

Some of the answers she got:

"Welcome to the wonderful world of theology (literally meaning God talk or talk about God). Personally, I believe that if God exists (and I believe He does) then He is big enough for all of us to question anything and everything.

Sometimes the questions and/or the answers are not easy to conclude. Some of the confusion of the age of the earth comes from a bishop James Usser, who calculated the day of creation by following the accounts in Genesis, doing the math, etc. He deduced that the first day of creation began at nightfall preceding Sunday, October 23, 4004 BC. Therefore, some theologians believe the earth is around 6,000 years old. Others believe that God created an “old†earth. Basically this means that they believe God created the earth so that everything was older than the actual calendar days which would date it. For example God created billion year old Redwoods trees, rocks, etc. Others believe that in something called Theistic evolution. These theologians believe that God caused evolution to occur in an attempt to reconcile science and creationism. Day age creationism argues that the answer lays in 7 days of creation. They say that each of the 7 days was not what we know as a 24 hour day, but actually longer periods of time. So each day could have been hundreds, thousands, or billions of years. I am sure I am leaving some of the other theological positions but these are the main ones. Which is correct? I will leave that for you to study and come the conclusion for yourself "

"Most Christians will say that a day (as in on the first day) to God could have been hundreds of years????"

"I don't believe the earth is millions of years old, and I believe that is provable by science. I believe that the earth was created close to 6,000 years ago, the great flood happened about 4,000 years ago. I would suggest you take a look at the website answersingenesis. It's biblically based, but serves to answer questions with science, not separate itself from it. Hope this helps."

"I personally believe in the "day" theory. The day on mars is different than the day on Saturn etc. A day to God is meaningless since he is infinite. I believe his created the world in a week is symbolism since he rested on the seventh and has never rested since, a way to show us to work six days then rest on the seventh (Sabbath). Hope you find answers to help you, although I would not stress too much - there is lots about God we will never understand."

" I don't understand it all and I am sure I never will but my opinion of why "we" are so significant in such a huge mass of everything known is simple. We are the only thing that was ever created in his likeness. That is what makes us so significant. I believe that was ur question and that is my answer. Never will there be another perfect human to walk this place we know as earth but we are the only creatures on earth that were created in the likeness of God!"

"I am a Christian that believes in evolution. I believe that God created the Earth and everything on it, which has evolved from there. There is evidence of the earth being billions of years old. Scientists can prove this by a method called carbon dating. In regard to our time verses "God time" - both of these verses: Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8, reference that a day to us is a thousand years to our Lord. We may not be able to calculate that, but forensic evidence speaks volumes. "

"Modern humans have been proven by science to have existed for at least 100,000 years. While it is certainly possible that God put evidence on earth which disproves some interpretations of the bible just to trick us, I don't think thats rational, so I prefer to believe that Genesis shouldn't be taken literally, it's a metaphor. Now can someone read Genesis and tell me exactly what day (out of the seven) that God made trees? If I remember correctly, there are two different days that the bible said that God made trees, so there are contradictions in the first few pages of the bible that we have to interpret. I chose to interpret that seeming contradiction to indicate that evolution did and does exist, and that new forms of life evolve into other forms of life later (but obviously not in days). We have no way of knowing how long the "days" in Geneses were, maybe they were like epoaches that lasted millions of years. Same with the forbidden fruit story, it shows the evolving nature of man, it wasn't intended (not by God anyway) to be taken literally. I mean talking snakes? Geesh."

This was in reply to the previous 2:

"Isiah 40:28 Do you not know or have you not heard? The Lord is the eternal God, Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint nor grow weary, and his knowledge is beyond scrutiny."

Sorry for the long post, but I had fun reading & shaking my head. I hope she finds what she's looking for this time.

I hate the posts where a photo of a very sick or injured child is shown. If it gets 1 million likes Bill Gates will pay for their chemotherapy or surgery, or Facebook will donate $1 for every like, or a kid will get a kidney transplant.

The first time I saw one of these, I thought it was a creative idea. Then came the copy cats - so now those posts are just annoying.

What drives me crazy is when people whine on Facebook about how busy they, how they can't possibly get everything done and yet they still have time to whine on Facebook?

Fro example:

Several months ago, an acquaintance posted that her History professor assigned so much reading and how could she possibly get it all done? Didn't the professor understand that she has a job and is a single mom?

I really wanted to reply and suggest that every time she felt like getting on Facebook, she read a page of History instead, but I didn't.

Someone just posted this, freaking out

922892_501020353279099_843108402_n.jpg

TREASON ALERT!!! @Breaking_Obama has located the photo showing The @FLOTUS Michelle visiting the (widely reported) 3rd bombing suspect & possible son of Osama Bin Laden in the hospital in Boston! It is on the left side of this photo collage! TAKE NOTICE OF THE BUSINESS CARD - Bobby Schmuck - Office of Political Affairs, Washington DC.!!! Search him!

Info about patient being son of Bin Laden Link: http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/04/22/s ... adens-son/

Please Share and Comment below to let us know that you see it!

PLEASE SHARE AND MAKE THIS VIRAL NOW!!!

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE THIS!

http://www.facebook.com/BreakingObama

Clearly they are not up to date on their facts.

Osama bin ladens son?!

Oh gosh... Osama Bin Laden's son is the widely reported 3rd bombing suspect? And Michelle Obama visited him? That takes some real imagination to cook up.

One of my favorite websites is literallyunbelievable.org, which posts screenshots of people who take stories from the Onion seriously. I was actually frightened by how many people were utterly perplexed by the story headlined "Scientists Trace Heat Wave To Massive Star At Center Of Solar System." It makes me really sad when they feature public officials posting onion stories. My favorite though is when people point out that the Onion is satirical, the response is usually either "are they allowed to do that?" or "just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it fake."

Just about a month ago, one of my Facebook friends posted an Onion story along with some ridiculous comment. I honestly thought it might have been a joke, but someone commented and I realized that it was, in fact, not a joke.

Seriously? That is not any of the bombers-there was only two of them and they were both white. Just because someone has brown skin, doesnt mean that theyre a terrorist or are related to Osama Bin Laden.

People need to stop believing random internet racists and conspiracy theorists over legitimate sources. They say they cant trust the media, but why should they trust random internet strangers.

As I said once to a friend about the Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists, some people want to think that the government are the only bad people in the world and that everything else is just rainbows and unicorns. Regular people can do terrible things too.

That picture is breathtakingly asinine. Gay rights and pacifism aren't religions.* There are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, and they don't all think alike (this should be obvious, but you can't underestimate the ignorance of the kind of person who posts this on Facebook). Some Muslims are even *gasp* part of the LGBTQ community.

Gay Rights has [sic] been suppressed by all religions, which makes it intolerant of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.
An LGBTQ person not putting up with shit that religious bigots throw at us is not the same as being intolerant of an entire religion.

Pagan [sic] and Taoism are statistically insignificant but needed to help the sticker make sense.
Lol'ed for real. The yin-yang symbol also has ties to Confucianism, which worldwide is certainly not "statistically insignificant."

Christianity is who the sticker is directed against but poses no threat to the others.
Ever tried to get an abortion in Mississippi? Get married to a person of the same gender? Or had to deal with door-to-door missionaries? Some of those are more threatening than others, but Christianity has more than a little to do with some of the unjust crap in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Overall it's as if the person who wrote the commentary on the sticker doesn't know what words mean, especially "threat." Just...gah.

*I know all ☾☮ E ✡ I☼ † (this typed-out version looks godawful but it stays :lol: ) stickers look like this, but it still bugs me.

Pacifists support Islam over Judaism? Christianity poses no threat to others? *brain explodes*

Salamander said the stuff I'm too gobsmacked to say.

Guest Anonymous

It is utter bullshit.

It says:

Gay Rights has been suppressed by all religions, which makes it intolerant of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.

Then it says:

Christianity is who the sticker is directed against but poses no threat to the others.

Which is it? Is Christianity suppressing gay rights or does it pose 'no threat'? Pick one!

Faux Jewish fundies are a threat to Judaism and the aggressive conversion tactics of certain brands of Christianity are a threat to all other religions. There are too many ways in which (certain types of) Christianity can pose a threat to even try to list them all.

The idea that the Coexist sticker is 'directed against' Christians is interesting. It's clearly part of that whole "Waah, waah, why won't you let me be intolerant! You're intolerant!" thing. When the creator of this poster sees those Coexist stickers, they see a direct attack against Christians rather than a general call for communication and mutual respect. That suggests guilt, paranoia and a bit of a persecution complex.

It is utter bullshit.

It says:

Then it says:

Which is it? Is Christianity suppressing gay rights or does it pose 'no threat'? Pick one!

Faux Jewish fundies are a threat to Judaism and the aggressive conversion tactics of certain brands of Christianity are a threat to all other religions. There are too many ways in which (certain types of) Christianity can pose a threat to even try to list them all.

The idea that the Coexist sticker is 'directed against' Christians is interesting. It's clearly part of that whole "Waah, waah, why won't you let me be intolerant! You're intolerant!" thing. When the creator of this poster sees those Coexist stickers, they see a direct attack against Christians rather than a general call for communication and mutual respect. That suggests guilt, paranoia and a bit of a persecution complex.

That last sentence describes this woman and her group of friends pretty well. I have unfriended most of them after unsuccessfully trying to reason with them. I saw this yesterday and debated whether I should say something or unfriend her. I decided to post it here instead. I am learning that you cannot fix stupid.

Guest Anonymous

How do you take a phone call from a dead person? Or are you supposed to magically know that a person was going to die ahead of time?

How do you take a phone call from a dead person? Or are you supposed to magically know that a person was going to die ahead of time?

Are those men from the Benghazi incident? I'll admit I haven't really followed it and have not looked into the details of the incident.

601846_4750156787285_35028685_n.jpg

I was tempted to ask what the 12 offenses that he should be impeached for are, but I do not what to deal with stupid today. I wonder if this person even understands what impeached means. :angry-banghead:

943199_10151382760160773_1419037657_n.png

601848_522744934449444_602506255_n.jpg

So I just found my old band director on facebook (the person who actually taught me to play an instrument) and I had always thought he was a nice guy. Much to my disappointment, I have discovered that he is a far right conservative. The top pic was the first thing I saw after adding him as a friend. And then he posted this:

So, doctors are snipping the spinal cords of liven babies, Mayday people do not believe in personal property, our president doesn't act like bangazi happened, but a basketball player who comes out as a homosexual gets a phone call from the White House. I am officially declaring myself a heterosexual white male! Does anyone think that I will get a phone call????

:roll:

I had to hide my sister's posts from my newsfeed. I could devote a 50 page thread just to her hateful, stupid crap.

And my nephew has turned into a conservative racist redneck while I wasn't looking. I was shocked at some of the things he was posting, but I never said anything. He was evidently offended by my liberal posts & unfriended me sometime in the past week. We were always close, & he was more like my brother than my nephew, so that hurts. :cry:

At least he's not religious like his mom.

Archived