IGNORED

Stupid Stuff People Post on Facebook

hahe77

If they really wanted to help people, they would find a way to make dental work more affordable. And by getting dental problems taken care of early, there wouldn't be as much physical problems.... Just sayin!

This is from one of the absolutely rabidly opposed to anything resembling Obamacare people.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thanks OFUCKINGBAMA, I was just kindly informed that my health insurance will triple next year. *cough*whenyouelectaterrorist*cough*"

Didn't know that our president was, 'ya know, a terrorist.

I don't have FB anymore, but when I still did, I went off on someone I knew from high school after he posted about buying a "rez runner" from some "rez" Natives and hoping that there wasn't meth in the trunk. I really let him have it and not in a polite way*, and later a member of the same tribe sent me a message thanking me for saying something, then this kid deleted me. That's how I know I was right.

*He's gay and a big gay rights activist, and I told him I thought it was utterly despicable that he campaigned so vocally for acceptance of one minority group while actively participating in the marginalization of another historically-persecuted population. Um, plus some other less reasonable things once I got really angry but nothing pisses me off more than white people who disparage Natives.

• 4 weeks later...

One of my newer Facebook friends posted an article from LifeNews about a girl in Denmark who was in the hospital and about to be harvested for organs when she regained consciousness. Yes, a pro-life website is now against organ donation. The friend posted the article with the caption, "I keep telling you." I posted a comment that this was not a news site, it was a propaganda site. This friend is studying to be a nurse, and she's posting an inflammatory article against organ donation? I really hope she just wasn't aware of the nature of the site.

I have another newer Facebook friend who is liberal in every respect, but she occasionally posts graphics that portray spanking favorably. It's usually along the lines of "I was spanked as a child and I turned out fine." I wish that Facebook had an option to report posts for promoting child abuse, no matter how supposedly benign the sentiment.

“I am serious, I will give you my house for free, no money whatsoever. Anyone interested?â€

In unison, a resounding “Yeah†fills the room.

“Since there are too many of you, I will have to make a choice as to who receives this money-free bargain.â€

I noticed an elderly couple was paying attention to the spectacle unfolding before their eyes, the old man shaking his head in apparent disgust.

“I tell you what; I will give it to the one of you most willing to obey my rules.â€

Again, they looked at one another, an expression of bewilderment on their faces.

The perky young woman asked, “What are the rules?â€

I smiled and said, “I don’t know. I have not yet defined them. However, it is a free home that I offer you.â€

I guess this was meant to make a point about the gov't, but it sounds like Christianity to me :?

The latest type of crazy on my end involves a young friend of mine who is a student. She posted about how she thought it was a fair tradeoff she had with her boyfriend - she cooks him breakfast, and he writes her latest English essay. I sent her a PM telling her to take it down - what if she had a fellow college student on her friends list who forwarded the post to her professor?

The other post came from someone who definitely should have known better. She photographed the three paychecks she was giving to her friends, who were in business with her. The checks showed both the account and routing numbers on them. Another quick PM, and she pulled them down immediately. She actually thanked me since one of her kids is a bank executive, and would have read her the riot act if her son had seen the post. :lol:

Go to www.cheezburger.com. Click on the FAIL button then click on the category Failbook. This is a gold mine of stupid posts. My favorite, the girl who said global warming was caused by daylight savings time. If they just stopped adding that extra hour to each day, there would be less sunlight warming things up.

"Thanks OFUCKINGBAMA, I was just kindly informed that my health insurance will triple next year. *cough*whenyouelectaterrorist*cough*"

Didn't know that our president was, 'ya know, a terrorist.

Er, he hides it very well! :pink-shock:

I just discovered someone I knew died via facebook. I knew he was dying but not that it would be so soon - I had turned my phone off (so no one could call me and let me know) and I've been off sick all day. That was a bit of a shock and I'm crying a bit tonight but at the same time I am happy FB let me know and happy it seems to have been quick.

When I read the post I felt like I'd been punched - although I knew he was very sick I get so twitchy when someone tells me suddenly there's been a death because it feels like when I discovered SIL had died and how (my family tried frantically to phone me and when they got through I was about to walk into a meeting at work and pretty much collapsed). It seems to have been a good death, as these things go. I am very pleased about that.

I have definitely told this here before but my favourite ever FB update (favourite for all the wrong reasons) was the guy who posted - at 4am - "I love Gerry Adams! Between the Armalite and the ballot box he will lead us to victory!"

First of all imagine waking up at 4am filled with a mad love for Gerry Adams*, so much so that you need to proclaim it to Facebook. What has gone wrong in your life that led to this? Secondly no-one's talked about the Armalite and the ballot box since the Good Friday Agreement, and when it comes to Mr Adams, we are definitely *not* mentioning Armalites. No, not at all *whistling and looking away*

I pointed this out to him and he said "Lol good point I still love him tho" or words to that effect. Then he friended him.

(*This guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Adams)

My aunt reposted a giant "It's Merry Christmas, Not Happy Holidays" graphic last night :angry-banghead:

I wanted to ask if she's stopped celebrating thanksgiving and new year's, but I'm trying to keep the peace. One of her friends commented that Christmas was meant to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but I know for a fact my aunt and her family celebrate all the secular aspects too. It's very annoying :roll:

I saw something (very quickly, before I looked away) my fundie friend posted about the typhoon in the Philippines being 'a just judgement of God', or something like that. Nope, not going to get my blood pressure up. Oh, and something about Obama, but nothing unusual there.

Ugh, apparently the only thing she's become more liberal on since going away to college is gender roles. Everything else is still classic fundie. Sometimes it is very difficult for me to want to remain friends with her. All those deaths... the actions of a 'just God'. Yeah right. :evil:

I saw something (very quickly, before I looked away) my fundie friend posted about the typhoon in the Philippines being 'a just judgement of God', or something like that. Nope, not going to get my blood pressure up. Oh, and something about Obama, but nothing unusual there.

Ugh, apparently the only thing she's become more liberal on since going away to college is gender roles. Everything else is still classic fundie. Sometimes it is very difficult for me to want to remain friends with her. All those deaths... the actions of a 'just God'. Yeah right. :evil:

But the tornadoes in the mid-West were ....?

I have a fundie cousin who.... well...wished some not so nice things to happen to President Obama. Interpret that any way you want, because her list was quite long.

Because abortion is legal, duh.

Have these people never read the book of Job? All it talks about is that God lets bad shit happen to a good man, basically because of a bet with Satan. Bad shit happens to good people, and to think that hardship is a punishment for sin is overly simplistic.

Today on my Facebook, a few people are saying that Christmas music before Thanksgiving should be outlawed. Christmas music is no longer a protected form of speech, I guess.

I have a friend on FB that is always begging for donations for Baby X's Adoption Journey. She is always having some fundraiser. She has yard sales and wants donations then she wants you to come to her yard sales. Another one of her fundraisers is she has asked people to save all of their lose change. She even went as far to put an equation out. If X number of people save this much we will this X amount closer to our goal. She even has a goal meter. I know some people don't like it and really don't agree with the fundraising concept for adoption. I know the couple has been through three years of fertility treatments and they truly want a child and I know they will be great parents. I do know that they have a certain criteria (not sure if correct word) child they want. I am kind of ambivalent on the whole situation. I know this situation is a very touchy area for people.

Any thoughts?

Today on my Facebook, a few people are saying that Christmas music before Thanksgiving should be outlawed. Christmas music is no longer a protected form of speech, I guess.

I guess that is a sentiment that I would not take literally. It is just a way to express irritation that the music gets played so early. I highly doubt anyone is writing to their Congressman.

I am getting irritated by all the "click bait" links that go to videos. Some of the common themes:

"This is the most uplifting thing you will see today."

"This 3-minute video has better acting than this year's Oscar winner."

"The most heartbreaking 30 seconds you will ever see."

"Watch [unlikely person] sum up everything that's wrong with in one minute."

I have a friend on FB that is always begging for donations for Baby X's Adoption Journey. She is always having some fundraiser. She has yard sales and wants donations then she wants you to come to her yard sales. Another one of her fundraisers is she has asked people to save all of their lose change. She even went as far to put an equation out. If X number of people save this much we will this X amount closer to our goal. She even has a goal meter. I know some people don't like it and really don't agree with the fundraising concept for adoption. I know the couple has been through three years of fertility treatments and they truly want a child and I know they will be great parents. I do know that they have a certain criteria (not sure if correct word) child they want. I am kind of ambivalent on the whole situation. I know this situation is a very touchy area for people.

Any thoughts?

I have mixed feelings about that sort of thing. I don't mind individuals raising money through the Internet, and think its a very interesting phenomenon. On the other hand when it's on a friends Facebook page with constant requests it ends up feeling like pressure / guilt to give.

I have mixed feelings about that sort of thing. I don't mind individuals raising money through the Internet, and think its a very interesting phenomenon. On the other hand when it's on a friends Facebook page with constant requests it ends up feeling like pressure / guilt to give.

That is exactly how I feel. I do feel pressured and guilty at the same time.

That is exactly how I feel. I do feel pressured and guilty at the same time.

The yard sales sound like a good idea, it's fair and if people want to give more, they're free to. But yeah, asking everyone on Facebook for donations doesn't sound right. I'm sure there are lots of people on her friend list that could use some money as well, you can't just beg because it's for a child imo.

Any thoughts?

She should consider making a page for her adoption efforts. Then she could promote it a little, get people who are genuinely interested in her adoption events to follow it, and stop posting on her personal page every 5 minutes.

It's kind of the same as people who use their personal pages to promote 31 or scentsy or whatever annoying MLM scheme they've gotten involved with. We agreed to be "friends" with YOU, we didn't sign up for your marketing promotions.

Sometimes I wonder how many people would de-friend me if I posted a status saying, "I will not buy any products from your MLM scheme or vote for your cute baby."

Archived